Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:21 am
Latest topics
» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
A Belated Christmas (Naomi) Emptyby Tessa Greene Today at 5:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
A Belated Christmas (Naomi) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
A Belated Christmas (Naomi) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
A Belated Christmas (Naomi) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
A Belated Christmas (Naomi) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:34 am

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

A Belated Christmas (Naomi)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A Belated Christmas (Naomi) Empty
PostSubject: A Belated Christmas (Naomi)   A Belated Christmas (Naomi) EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 3:34 pm

After all the drama with the attack in Hogsmeade Humphrey had completely forgotten to give or send Naomi her Christmas gift. The first Saturday after they got back he took the neatly wrapped package, green with a silver ribbon, and headed down towards where he knew the Slytherin common room was. He didn't know exactly where, but knew the general area and set the present where it would clearly be seen with Naomi written on it in his neat cursive. Inside was of course the black blanket he'd found with the little green and silver snakes. He'd also written a short letter to her on a spare bit of parchment that was set on top of it.

Dear Naomi,

Sorry that I didn't get this to you sooner, as it is a late Christmas gift and all. With all the confusion of the attack it slipped my mind, but I hope you like it. If you want to hang out a little while, I'll be by the black lake. I know you don't like the cold, but with the lake iced over it looks even prettier than usual. Bring the blanket if you want, and hope to see you soon.

Your friend,
Humphrey

After he'd done that he went and had breakfast before bringing a fantasy book he was reading through and finding a spot by the lake. It was a little cold, but he'd cast a warming charm to help and was bundled up. The view was well worth it in his opinion, and he knew that even if Naomi didn't show up he would probably still have a good day.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Belated Christmas (Naomi)   A Belated Christmas (Naomi) EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 2:33 pm

The attack had caused a lot of commotion, most especially with the Slytherins. Half the Slytherins were looking much too smug with themselves, the rest, making plans for their own safety being secured should the school come under threat once again. Naomi was in neither category, truth be told. She had little interest in the agenda of the group, but she was not stupid enough to be unafraid. Cautious, at best.

As the witch came back to the common room that day, she noted a parcel. Curious as she was, she noted her name on the parcel and picked it up, undoing the note and finding Humphrey's scrawl. The message was clear enough, and he'd been stupid enough in his haste to ruin the present. Rolling her eyes, Naomi opened the present to find the aforementioned blanket, and though she didn't want to admit it, Humphrey had done well. The blanket would come in great use in the cold of the dungeons.

Pocketing the note, Naomi reached up on tiptoes to put the wrapping in to one of the torches, watching it smoulder before heading back off up to the main stairs and through the entrance hall doors. It was cold outside, and Naomi loathed the cold. She hurried along to the Lake, though, wrapping her blanket around her shoulders.

"You know, Humphrey, you pick the worst places to meet up." Naomi greeted her friend, sitting down next to him and bundling up in her blanket. "Thank you for my present, though." She added kindly. The fact she hadn't gotten Humphrey anything hadn't dawned on her yet, but it would. "How was your Christmas?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Belated Christmas (Naomi)   A Belated Christmas (Naomi) EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 2:45 pm

Humphrey, as he often was, had gotten completely lost in the interesting story and not even noticed Naomi had gotten there until she spoke. He fumbled his book in his surprise and nearly dropped it before marking his place and turning to look at her with a smile. "Pretty much all the warm indoor places are full up. Wanted it to be just us, I'm sorry." he said quietly. When she sat down and pulled her blanket closer, thanking him for it his grin widened and he gave her a light hug before letting go. "It was my pleasure. Besides, that's what friends do." he told her. He wasn't trying to make her feel bad for not getting him anything, just wanting to let her know that he cared.

Thinking about his own Christmas he sighed happily. "It was good, relaxing. Nice to hang out with my parents and Casey. We haven't been doing a good job at keeping up with each other since she got to Hogwarts." he admitted. That was one of the things they'd promised each other to be better at. "How was yours?" Humphrey asked.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Belated Christmas (Naomi)   A Belated Christmas (Naomi) EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 3:23 pm

"Just us?" Naomi echoed, arching her brow as she looked out across the lake which had been frozen for a while now. It was a rhetorical question, Merlin knew she didn't want to hear some soppy excuse for being alone because Naomi wasn't in the mood for mushy Humphrey.

The comment about buying presents being what friends did irked Naomi in that moment - she had forgotten to get Humphrey something. Well. No, she hadn't forgotten. She hadn't gotten Humphrey anything because she hadn't expected him to buy her anything, which was rather foolish, but she wasn't a mind reader. And, just because he got her a present, didn't mean she was going to go running to get something. Mood slightly soured, Naomi kept her eyes out across the lake.

"I got to see my older brother Callum, so it was nice. He's been very busy at the Ministry, so I've barely heard from him in months. He managed to get time away for Christmas, though, so it was good to have everyone home for Christmas." How her brother had managed to get time away when the Aurors were so busy, Naomi did not ask. She'd missed her oldest brother though, that much she could admit to.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Belated Christmas (Naomi)   A Belated Christmas (Naomi) EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 11:27 am

Humphrey blushed a little at her question but nodded. "Well yeah, you're my best friend. Things always seem better when it's just me and you." he said, a little put out that he had to explain that but understanding this was kind of new to her. Considering how cheesy he could have gone with his response he figured she could deal with that little bit. Even with his warming charms though, he felt a small shiver. "Umm, is that blanket big enough to go around two?" he asked hopefully.

Despite Humphrey not knowing a lot about girls he could still tell when something was bothering one that he knew well. He had a guess that she might be feeling guilty for not getting him anything but really that was ridiculous, it's not like they'd agreed to get each other gifts or anything. She was just the only other person he really knew well outside of his family so he wanted to let her know she hadn't been forgotten. "Naomi, coming out here with me in spite of the cold to hang out is the best gift you could have gotten. Seriously, buck up shorty." he said, giving her his best smile.

"That's cool, I'm glad you got to spend some time with him. What department does he work in?" Humphrey asked curiously. About the only job he'd be interested in at the Ministry would be the Department of Mysteries, but he still respected the work they all put in to keep things running. What they did was important, especially now that they had some sort of terrorist group or something running about the country attacking.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Belated Christmas (Naomi)   A Belated Christmas (Naomi) EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 3:55 pm

The fact Humphrey had not picked up on the fact the her question was rhetorical made Naomi roll her eyes to herself. He was so stupid at times, it was beyond her how he hadn't gotten himself in to more trouble. But she wouldn't berate him, he was only trying to be nice after all. The question of the blanket, though, made Naomi turn to cock an eyebrow at him. "You bought it!" She reminded him, before letting out a little laugh. "Of course there is." She added, unwinding it from herself and draping it around Humphrey's shoulders as well.

"Don't call me shorty!" Naomi insisted, poking Humphrey in the side to show she didn't like the nickname. "But, you're welcome. It was expensive, so don't think I didn't have to work hard on this present!" She teased, mostly to make herself feel better about not having gotten him anything.

"He's an Auror." Naomi explained, pride shining in her face in that moment. "So, he's been with the team trying to find the culprits for the attack, and stuff. Mum's worried sick, but I think it's an awesome job!" The Slytherin admitted, it was interesting, and definitely on her list of ideas for a job.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Belated Christmas (Naomi)   A Belated Christmas (Naomi) EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 10:41 am

When she reminded him that she was the one who'd picked out the blanket Humphrey chuckled and scratched his head, realizing that he did indeed know that it was plenty big enough for two. Smiling as she slipped the blanket around him as well, he put his arm around her and pulled her close, knowing that this would help keep her warm better than just the blanket would. Plus, it would give him an opportunity to snuggle with the girl he liked, so it was a double win. "Well excuse me for not always remembering the obvious." he replied, though with no real bite to it.

The poke in the side made him wince, as she hadn't been gentle with it. "Okay, okay, but I have to come up with some kind of nickname for you. You have any ideas? I'm drawing a blank here." he said, twisting a piece of his messy hair as he thought. "I would never think anything of the kind." he said, feigning a look of offense at her suggestion. In all honestly Humphrey didn't mind at all that she hadn't gotten him anything. She was out here spending time with him willingly and even in the cold, that said more than anything that he was important to her which was all he needed to know.

"That's awesome, I don't think I could be tough enough to do a job like that." he admitted. Just the thought of having to battle a dark wizard, and possibly either kill or get killed was enough to make him shiver slightly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Belated Christmas (Naomi)   A Belated Christmas (Naomi) EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 10:00 am

As Humphrey put his arm around her, Naomi tensed, and once he was done moving her closer, she slid his arm away from her. She most certainly didn't want to give him any ideas, because she did not have those kind of feelings for the Hufflepuff. Not to mention, she was not an overly cuddly person. And, well, she was just not comfortable with it.

"Naomi is fine." The Slytherin responded to the idea of a nickname. Why in Merlin's name Humphrey thought she needed one, she could never guess. But she'd shut that down pretty quickly, she thought.

"It's a pretty cool job. But you have to be very good at Charms and Defence Against the Dark Arts. Potions helps." Naomi explained, before shrugging. "Callum did well in school, though, so that was never going to be an issue. Have you thought about a job after school? Callum was quizzing me over Christmas, and apparently not knowing by now if bad going..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Belated Christmas (Naomi)   A Belated Christmas (Naomi) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Belated Christmas (Naomi)
Page 1 of 1