Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli) Empty
PostSubject: Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli)   Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli) EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 3:15 am

Eli, being the social butterfly that he was, had heard about some sort of secret party, being hosted by a couple of students. Naturally, this peaked his interests greatly. It started with overhearing a conversation in the hall, one he obviously wasn't meant to hear (he gathered from the glares he received when he'd asked "What party?").

Through persistence, asking, and being generally that 'annoying first year, who, let's face it, won't actually do anything if we just tell him', he found that an older Slytherin boy by the name of Corbin was one of the guys to talk to. So, he'd gone looking.

Luckily for Eli, he happened upon the Slytherin walking around the grounds. Running his fingers through his hair to (unsuccessfully) smooth it out, he approached the older boy, grinning his signature grin.

"Corbin, yeah?" he asked the boy "Eli," he introduced himself, extending his hand to shake "Pleasure to meet you, mate,"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli)   Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli) EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 5:44 am

There had been news reaching him of a first year -- naturally, a Gryffindor -- that had been asking about the party. How he had first gotten wind of it was a mystery that Corbin was putting a lot of effort into figuring out, because if it had been anything other than a sheer accident of the boy overhearing (or spying, or whatever it was he did) there would be hell to pay.

But the first year was still an issue, and so Corbin had told a few of his friends to, if they were ever approached, drop his name. Now, not many people knew he had been the mastermind behind these parties, and with Lucy now second-in-command, it was even less obvious.

Corbin never made it difficult to find him; indeed, the Slytherin never hid from anything. However, Corbin wasn't the type to seek anyone out, either, unless he had a specific and genuine reason to -- and, as such, he simply waited for the first year Gryffindor to approach him, whenever that would be.

And that happened to be on one morning as he was taking a stroll to the lake to meet up with some of his friends. Noting what he thought was a first year Gryffindor following, he stepped off to a more quiet place and pretended to be occupied with something, just in case -- he’d been right, and he looked down at Eli with a single raised eyebrow glancing at his hand without moving to shake it.

“So you’re the one asking about the parties,” he said, and his tone gave away nothing of what he was thinking; still Corbin did not take the hand.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli)   Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli) EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 11:21 am

Slowly, after realising that Corbin wasn't going to shake his hand, Eli lowered his "Right, not a hand shaker? I get it man, totally cool. Germs and that, you know," he nodded a little. Okay, so this guy was perhaps not the friendliest. Eli was confident that he could still win him over though.

"And right, the parties," he addressed the boy's question "I've heard your parties are killer, like bloody awesome. So, I'm asking politely if I could get an invite?" he grinned up to him "I mean come on, say no to this," he gestured to his cheeky smile "Plus, it's my birthday, so..." he shrugged "Okay, I lied, it's in my name. The point is," he took a breath "Point is, it will be my birthday eventually, and an invite would be like an early birthday present," he put his hands on his hips "Whaddya say then?" he finished by raising his eyebrow as he waited for a response.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli)   Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli) EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 12:28 pm

There was an amused smile tugging on his lips that he fought back down at Eli's expression. Honestly, there hadn't been a particular reason Corbin hadn't shaken the hand other than a desire to know what the boy would've done. Most of the eleven-year-olds he knew would either get intimidated or freak out, leading to them either running or stammering. But it was obvious from the get-go that Eli wasn't 'most', and Corbin was intrigued as to how far this went.

Raising a single eyebrow, Corbin debated inwardly. There were, as always, a few things he could do. He could simply say 'no' and walk away, and that would be that. He could explain why no first years were allowed, and again put an end to it. Or he could see how far this went and how desperate the boy was.

Deciding on the last option, he gave a shrug of a shoulder. "I don't give people birthday presents unless they're friends," he said -- no, told -- the boy. His tone wasn't exactly unfriendly, but it definitely wasn't warm, either; it just was.

"These parties you talk about -- if they exist -- what makes you think you'd be a good fit for them? Most parties involve alcohol, and I'm curious as to whether an eleven-year-old like you could ... handle themselves," he added, still in a casual tone that gave nothing away.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli)   Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli) EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 2:27 pm

He listened as the boy responded- and something about what he was saying seemed to suggest that he wasn't totally against inviting Eli, that was, if Eli played his cards right. It was the fact that he didn't just walk away- something that often happened to Eli once people realised how annoying he could become. Or perhaps Corbin simply hadn't realised it yet... He'd probably know in a few moments.

"Well then," he sighed, linking his hands and stretching them in front of him for a few moments before rolling his shoulders back "Let's be besties then," he wiggled his eyebrows and grinned "We can do the whole watching films, binge on chocolate, hair braiding... Your hair's long enough I think... Whaddya say?" he finished, his hands on his hips.

He listened as Corbin started on the party, questioning whether he could handle himself. He merely shrugged "Hey, if I can survive my mum's cooking, I can survive anything," his mum really was a terrible cook.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli)   Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli) EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 5:38 am

Eli was definitely a character. If that was a good thing or a bad thing was yet to be decided, although Corbin could already tell he found the male amusing. Trying too hard, perhaps, but amusing nevertheless. If not for the fact he was a first year, an invite would have already been given. But there were rules, and if he broke them for one person, there would be many others who wanted to be the exception -- and that simply wouldn't do. Until and unless a solution could be found, Eli would simply be amusing outside of the party.

His eyebrow was raised perpetually now, it seemed, and at each word that Eli said, it didn't once waver.

"If you so much as try to touch my fudging hair, I will kick your ass so hard fudging Adam will feel it," Corbin said, keeping his tone even and calm. It wasn't a real threat; he doubted that Eli was serious. But it was something to say, and he wanted to see the Gryffindor's response. "And," Corbin added, a heartbeat later, "I already have a bestie."

"Surviving is one thing," Corbin responded immediately. "I'm talking thriving."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli)   Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli) Empty

Back to top Go down

Along the Grapevine (Corbin and Eli)
Page 1 of 1