Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Furry little beast (Quinn)  Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Furry little beast (Quinn)  Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Furry little beast (Quinn)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Furry little beast (Quinn)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Furry little beast (Quinn)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Furry little beast (Quinn)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Furry little beast (Quinn)  Empty
PostSubject: Furry little beast (Quinn)    Furry little beast (Quinn)  EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 8:36 pm

Pandora was walking around Hogsmeade village running some errands after a long day of school. SHe smiled down at the ground as she made sure her kitten didnt wander far. She would be devestated if Artemis got lost or taken.

She continued to walk down the cobble stoned pathway and entered a few stores to pick up the items she needed. She then entered the potion shop to grab a few ingredients to make the potions for her final exam. She needed Unicorn horn powder, eye of newt, veela hair, and dragon scales. It was a difficult potion, but Pandora was smart. She could figure it out.

After getting all the items she needed, she picked up Artemis in one hand and carried her bags in the other and made her way to a near by cafe for a bite to eat. She sat outside after ordering and played with her kitten as she waited for her food
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Furry little beast (Quinn)    Furry little beast (Quinn)  EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 9:11 pm

Walking through the cobble stone streets more often than not provided an extra challenge to typical ambulation. While he was starting to heal, and the cane was acting more like support than a life line as of late, it still wasn't always easy maneuvering it on the loose ground. His apartment had been tended to in the castle, his class room set prim and proper for now, but alas he still needed more supplies.

Mostly office supplies that he'd never have normally had. He was also interested in looking in the joke shop for if they perhaps had any items that would be useful for practicing dueling, or for added effects to the mannequins. So for that reason he had made the long and arduous walk into the village.

The streets had an ebb and flow about them as the many varied individuals moved from store to store, to the cafe or even heading to the bar. Looking in the directions of the hogs head......what a strange name for a bar he found himself thinking.....well maybe some firewhiskey would cause the name to make more sense, but after he had purchased his supplies.

Ducking into several stores the majority of the errands were completed without much hassle or difficulty. He had his bag slung over his shoulder, and leaned heavy on his right side for a moment, his eyes watching the graying sky. Licking his lips, he could practically taste the change in humidity. This country rained far to much for his liking. Perhaps though he could make it before the first drop hit the stone.

With this optimism in mind he set off for his destination. As he was passing a cafe, his optimism was met with the wet blanket of realty. Stopping in the rain for a minute he looked up with a sigh, holding his free hand out to catch the rain.

Around him people darted this way and that. Running into the nearest shop, or inside of the restaurants. Some made magical umbrellas, but Quinn did not. Blame it on his muggle upbringing, or his time in the muggle world after school, but that just wasn't a habit.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Furry little beast (Quinn)    Furry little beast (Quinn)  EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 1:17 am

Pandora continued to play with Artemis until her food arrived. She noticed it started to rain which made Artemis curl up in her lap to avoid getting wet. She sighed and cursed the weather as she pet her cats back "Its ok, Arty. Its just a little bit of water."

When her food finally arrived she smiled at the waitress and gave her a few sickles as a tip "Thank you, love." She said before she began to eat.

She continued to observe the street around her as she ate and noticed a man who did not have an umbrella. She raised an eyebrow and called out to him "If you would like to get out of the rain, you can sit and join me." She doubted he wanted to be walking around in the rain "You will catch an awful cold if you stay in the rain." She added
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Furry little beast (Quinn)    Furry little beast (Quinn)  EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 4:02 am

The rain continued to fall, he could feel his clothes gain water weight with each second that passed. Alas, it could have been worse.......well it could be hail he thought to himself. As he was resigned to his fate he heard a voice reach out dodging the rain drops and making it to him.

Turning he viewed the girl sitting under cover at one of the cafes nearby. Offering him a place to escape the rain, and warning of colds. A little rain never killed anyone, and it was a hell of a lot warmer than the waters when he had been fishing in the states. Still, when one receives an invitation it was rude to not at least acknowledge it. Shouldering his bag a little more comfortable, he moved over to stand near the girl.

He took care not to slide on the ever dampening cobble stones. Getting near the entrance of the cafe he stood on the edge of wet and dry. Where he stood the rain still fell on his head, while a singular step forward would lead him to living the dry life once again. "If you'd like to get in the rain you could join me." He would say with a wry smile. "You could catch an idle case of being dry in there." He would continue to smile and stand in the rain.

A little unconventional of an invitation you could say, and yet he often found himself leaning towards doing what others might not necessarily expect. He enjoyed the shock, or even just the feeling of being a touch different. Around him every one moved away from the water, while he took a step back, letting it fall on his face. With his free hand he ran it over his face and through his hair pressing it back and removing the excess water from his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Furry little beast (Quinn)    Furry little beast (Quinn)  EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 4:23 am

Pandora was a bit shocked at the mans invitation to join him in the rain. She could not fully tell if he was joking or not. Either way, it made her smile, and she liked that. "I would", she said softly, "But I doubt my little Artemis would enjoy that. She hates to leave my side and she is not the biggest fan of rain... or baths... or water in general." She said gesturing to the little bundle of fur under neath her chair. "But maybe next time when I dont have her we can go singing in the rain." She said laughing at the muggle joke she had just made. She was not sure if he would get the joke as she did not know his blood status "But if you do decide to get out of the rain and warm up with a butter beer, this chair is open." She said smiling before introducing herself "My name is Pandora, Pandora Mason."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Furry little beast (Quinn)    Furry little beast (Quinn)  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 2:27 am

"More like a water-world iv you ask me." He would say matching her reference with his own movie reference. He couldn't be sure if that's what she was going for, but it's were his mind went all the same. Stepping forward out of the rain he'd wipe the rest of the moisture off his face. Setting the bag down he would ease himself into the seat, letting the cane hang from the table.

When the waitress rounded at the sight of a new guest, he quickly ordered a fire whiskey, but opted to decline food for the time being. His eyes looked out into the streets. How quickly the rain had caused them to empty. In the end his own mission was complete, he'd hoped for the bar but this would do.

"Quinn King...". He would say with a friendly tone. Reaching his hand out to shake her hand, out of habit a little more firm than he meant. So far he had declined to look at or acknowledge the cat. He didn't have anything against cats, they just didn't interest him, and he wasn't a big pet person, other than his fish, which cats didn't mix well with.

"So, what brings you here in this beautiful day?" He would ask, not sure what else to say. His mind had not been in a place of small talk, but no need to be rude. As he asked the glass of fire whiskey was sat down. Lifting it and tasting it on his lips he felt the pleasant heat. His insides a little warmer already as the rain continued to pour.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Furry little beast (Quinn)    Furry little beast (Quinn)  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 8:02 pm

Pandora laughed at his come back to her singing in the ring. She smiled a bit as he sat down with her. She noticed he ordered a fire whiskey instead of a butter beer. That must mean he liked the strong drinks over the weaker drinks normally meant for the students.

Pandora smiled at him when he introduced himself "Nice to meet you, Quinn." She said before pushing a strand of blond ehair out of her face. She knew she could not stay long, as she head to head back to her house to try and study for an upcoming defense against the dark arts quiz for her course.

She looked up when he began small chit chat "Oh, I came to get a few items for a potions assignment I have for my class." She said gesturing to the bag by her foot that Artemis was messing with and she giggled.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Furry little beast (Quinn)    Furry little beast (Quinn)  EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 7:12 am

Taking a larger drink after the taste of it on his lips Quinn was starting to feel as if this wasn't a bad place after all. "I was never much for potions......or class for that matter I guess." He would say smiling. This was true, he hadn't necessarily done poorly in school, but he hadn't been particularly interested either. It had merely.......well it had merely been.

Looking at the cat he forced a smile as if he also found it cute. He didn't, but he had learned during his time on this earth that people took offended if you said what you really thought about someone's pet they could get offended.

"So potions huh. Are you going after something with a potions errr degree?" He would ask taking another sip of the amber liquid. Looking at her he could tell she was to old for Hogwarts, let alone the fact term was out. He wasn't confident on the higher education of English witches and wizards. Her own giggle made him laugh more than the actual cat did.

From out of the cover the rain continued to pour down with little looks of stopping. Puddles had began to form, and the humidity in the air seemed to increase. His eyes would consistently move between the blonde and the rain. Taking both in,
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Furry little beast (Quinn)    Furry little beast (Quinn)  EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 10:05 pm

She smiled at him and nodded when he asked about her degree :I am studying to become an auror. I have a very personal tie into the area of work." She said thinking about her father but not wanting to get into that.

She let out a deep sigh and ordered a fire whiskey for herself and smiled at the waitress. She then turned to Quinn and smiled "What do you do for a living?" She asked when the waitress returned with her drink and taking a sip.

She smiled when he let out a laugh. it was a nice laugh. She loved to make people smile when she could. She looked out at the pouring rain before looking back at him "I love the rain. its calming, and it makes everything so relaxed. Plus, it makes the asphalt smell rather nice, dont you think?" She asked with a small smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Furry little beast (Quinn)    Furry little beast (Quinn)  EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 am

"An auror aye? Aren't they supposed to be grizzled and scared or something?" He would ask still with a smile. Clearly it was light hearted teasing that easily was brought on by the whiskey. "Tough gig, I don't think I'd mind the fighting, but don't care for the investigating, or the paperwork, or the office, or really anything else....". He would say with a laugh before throwing back the remainder of his drink. He would promptly as for another, after all if they served them there was little reason to go out into the rain.

"Me? Currently I'm the dueling teacher at Hogwarts. Or I will be once the term starts." He would say in a nonchalant way. "In a past life and one I hope to get back to, I was a professional duelist in America." He would finish taking another drink.

"I've never liked the rain. Just...not for me." It was true he had never liked the rain. Working on a muggle fishing boat back in the states had only increased these feelings that he had always had. It was quite possibly his biggest complaint with this country.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Furry little beast (Quinn)    Furry little beast (Quinn)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Furry little beast (Quinn)
Page 1 of 1