Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
To Make a Friend (OPEN)  Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
To Make a Friend (OPEN)  Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
To Make a Friend (OPEN)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
To Make a Friend (OPEN)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
To Make a Friend (OPEN)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

To Make a Friend (OPEN)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

To Make a Friend (OPEN)  Empty
PostSubject: To Make a Friend (OPEN)    To Make a Friend (OPEN)  EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 6:10 am

Phillip was good at making friends and he was good at being outgoing and putting himself out there. He had a good spirit and a good idea about who he was and who he wanted to be. For the most part he wanted to be something like his dad, which is normal for a single-parent raised child like his dad, because his father was one of the best people he knew. His dad was stable and strong, smart yet charming when need be, he was kind and had a big heart. Even though his father tried to play the stern parent, he could see when his pranks with Corie were too funny for dad since his dad was covering his laugh and mirth. He wanted to be so well balanced in characteristics one day.

Lately he'd started a sort of obsession with dragons upon finding a book in the library. He'd been looking for one of his classrooms, and screwed up miserably and ended up there. He walked in, was ready to walk out when a book that was flying about with a bright silver cover drew his eye. He politely asked the librarian for the book, and she gave him a skeptical look  before getting it for him and telling him when he needed to get it back. So he grabbed it and looked through it, finding every picture utterly entrancing. Despite enjoying his best friend's presence a lot, he also wanted desperately to make more lasting friendships at Hogwarts. He had the silver covered book under one arm and his sketchbook and sketch pen (which he used before making a lineart with 3.0 finepoint black ink) and he was walking around Hogwarts.

When Phil  got to the Black Lake he noticed another figure there, and found himself cheery at the idea of making a friend he excitedly approached them with a smile.

"Hello! Good day to you, my name's Phillip, first year Gryffindor," he introduced, his free hand thrust politely out, a grin as bright as his eyes on his face.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To Make a Friend (OPEN)    To Make a Friend (OPEN)  EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 10:00 pm

Naomi was outside, enjoying the good weather. There was only so long she could spend cooped up inside a castle; all she wanted was to be outside. That was why she had politely asked a house elf for a blanket she could spread on the grass by the lake and dragged all her homework out there, along with the book she was reading for fun. She was mostly done with her Care of Magical Creatures essay, just sketching out a picture of a pixie, when she heard someone approaching.

Looking up as the boy reached her, Naomi rolled over to sit up, then to stand as the boy offered her his hand. "Hi Phillip," she said quietly. "My name's Naomi. First year Ravenclaw." She paused, still shy, but decided she would be polite. "Do you want to share my blanket?" she offered, sitting back down and moving her stuff to one side. Her eyes lit on the objects in his arms with interest. "Is that a sketchbook?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To Make a Friend (OPEN)    To Make a Friend (OPEN)  EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 2:55 am

Phillip loved making all sorts of friends, in any way. He liked tall people, small people, fat people, skinny people, odd people, even the occasional annoying person. Except the very latest of that came in moderation. The reason he and Corie were best friends, so close, was because they didn't feel the need to cling onto each other. That's what he found annoying people. However, he liked shy people best of all. Seeing them break out of their shell always gave him a sense of accomplishment. He liked it equally as much when people were just as friendly, just as avid as him.

This girl seemed to be a softer version, but she was polite and soft. He shook her hand excitedly before nodding. "It's very nice to meet you, Naomi, that's such a good name." He told her kindly. He didn't really know what defined a good name, but as long as it wasn't as something bland like Bob or Sally. Well, Bobbi would a cute name for a girl he mused. "I'd love to sit with you," he answered also polite, "so you're a Ravenclaw, what's that like? Do you all debate the meaning of life while solving the questions of life with math?" He joked, before realizing she might not get he rubbed the back of his neck, "I'm only joking of course."

"It is," he told her before glancing at her own stuff, "you too? What sorts of things do you draw? I draw lots of things but lately I like drawing dragons, like a lot. Their wings are so big and their eyes are so pretty."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To Make a Friend (OPEN)    To Make a Friend (OPEN)  EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 2:09 pm

Phillip seemed nice enough. Naomi was glad for that as they sat down together; she didn't want to regret asking him to join her and it didn't seems like she would. She smiled shyly as he complimented her name. "Thank you. My mother picked it out. I'm named after her mother. I like the name Phillip too."

Smiling at the question and the joke, Naomi answered quietly, "It's ok, I got it. Being a Ravenclaw is a lot of fun, if you're a curious person. Everybody asks a lot of questions and everybody else tries to help them find the answers and there's always somebody who's willing to try something with you, if only to see what happens." Her thoughts flew back to her plans with Finley for a magical bow and arrows and she grinned at her lap before looking back up at Phillip. "It's a lot more exciting than people think. What's it like being a Gryffindor?"

Naomi nodded. "I draw a little," she admitted. "Sometimes I draw landscapes or animals, but mostly, I dust doodle when I'm bored." Her arms were often covered in abstract patterns or flowering vines that she drew before class, but she usually didn't show off any of her artwork, so she kept her sleeves rolled down. "Dragons are interesting. I bet they're hard to draw though."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To Make a Friend (OPEN)    To Make a Friend (OPEN)  EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:48 am

Phil was thinking about his favorite dragon so far, the Angelus dragon. It was  beautiful pale white and flew with such elegance he was jealous that there was no real way for himself to fly with the same grace. He blinked in surprise, almost forgetting he was in her presence and feeling sheepish inwardly. He just nodded quickly in response with a good smile to combat it. It was convincing enough, but if Corienna were here she'd know immediately and comment on it. Maybe he and Naomi would also be just as close, that filled him with excitement at the possibility of making more life-long friends.

To keep his hands busy as she described what being a Ravenclaw was, without taking his eyes off her person, as in he found eye contact uncomfortable chose instead a spot on her knees while he just etched out sketches of dragon anatomy on his paper. "That sounds like a lot of fun really, and I always thought Ravenclaws were shy so to me it's news to hear that they're really just curious. Is that offensive? I didn't mean to be." He paused, his smile apologetic before he thought about a way to answer that.

"Being a Gryffindor is like being with a big family, everyone's always having fun and being rowdy and testing each other, it just makes me feel like I've got a bunch of brothers and sisters in every Gryff I meet," Phillip said.

"That's pretty great, could I see maybe? How'd you learn? Are you self-taught or maybe you have some good reference books to recommend?" He craned his neck looking towards the sketchbook with curiosity before shrugging his shoulders a bit, feeling sheepish. "I've spent so many hours so far just sketching every dragon I see in this book, it's really terrific, and I honestly love them. They're beautiful and graceful like ballerinas or something cool and poetic like that."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To Make a Friend (OPEN)    To Make a Friend (OPEN)  EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 3:50 pm

Naomi was glad that Phillip chose not to maintain eye contact. It made it a lot easier for her to interact if he wasn't looking at her. As he sketched on his pad, she turned back to her homework, continuing her pixie sketch. The arms refused to turn out right, so she rubbed them out in frustration and started again.

Smiling, Naomi shook her head, though she still didn't look up at Phillip. "No, it wasn't offensive. A lot of people think Ravenclaws are shy. A lot of Ravenclaws are shy." She listened to his description of Gryffindors, nodding. "That sounds nice," she said politely, although privately, she didn't think she could handle being around so many rowdy people all the time. She probably wouldn't spend much time in the common room.

Naomi felt a blush spreading on her cheeks. "I don't usually- I can't- Um, I don't have any with me. This is just homework." She felt flustered at the onslaught of questions. "Um, my Nana taught me," she said quietly. She spent lots of her childhood with her Nana, drawing the countryside around them while her father was at work. It was Nana's way of keeping an eye on her, but Naomi didn't mind it. "Dragons are very pretty," she agreed, "but I'm terrible at drawing most animals."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Make a Friend (OPEN)    To Make a Friend (OPEN)  Empty

Back to top Go down

To Make a Friend (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1