Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Summer begins (open) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Summer begins (open) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Summer begins (open) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Summer begins (open) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Summer begins (open) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Summer begins (open)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Summer begins (open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 2:32 am

Janet grinned, well this was going great! She felt as if this may be more than polite conversation, considering they were actually getting to know each other some. This idea made her grin wider in excitement. She nodded in agreement as Dimitri expressed how in his eyes not liking your common room would be the worst. "Well, yes I suppose so but I think it's even worse that I don't like some of my roommates," She sighed, "They're kinda brats to be honest." She giggled slightly. "They really pretty much perfectly fit the stereotypes, which I guess is where stereotypes come from."

"I've always wondered what the other common rooms were like. It's a bit hard to imagine anything other than the Slytherin common room with different colors. Well, and paintings of course, our common room has portraits of previous Slytherin on the walls." She tilted her head as she thought about the other common rooms, the Ravenclaw common room sure didn't sound as similar as she had imagined.

"Yeah I'm going in a week or so. I'm really excited because I'm finally going to be aloud to get a pet. Something I can take to Hogwarts with me! So far I'm thinking an owl. I think toads are gross and my Dad's allergic to cats, so that's all that's left. That's ok though because I love owls! I just don't know what breed of owl I want." She scrunched her lips to one side and thought for a moment before she returned to the conversation.

Janet shook her head as Dimitri repeated her words. "Never. I'd never even considered it." The boy then pushed the plate of chips towards her. She lifted an eyebrow quizzically before shrugging. "I'm always up for new thing, I guess... so here goes!" She reached for a chip and popped it in her mouth, chewing slowly and frowning.

"Hmm interesting... a hint of salt.. but a definite vinegar taste.." She considered the plate of chips for a moment before grinning mischievously. "I don't know... I think I'll have to try another to really be able to make a decision." She then grabbed another and popped it in her mouth again with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Dimitri smiled slightly at the mention of some of the Slytherins being a little bit bratty. That was, in truth, why he stayed away from them a fair bit. Though, of course, this was probably not aiding the stereotypes. "You... don't seem to fit the stereotypes, which is good. Except for the fact you have to share with those who do fall in to that category.

"You have no idea how tedious it can be when you just wanna kick back and have some fun when a number of the Ravenclaws just want to study on through the night. It's like, guys... come on!" Dimitri explained, showing that it wasn't just the Slytherins who had the problem.

"You could have a rat, if you wanted, but... yeah, they're a little different. Or a toad..." Dimitri said, screwing his nose up slightly at the idea. "Though, if you're going to go with owl, I think the barn owls are quite cool, or, you know, maybe a snowy one. Though, past those two, I'm not really sure what other kinds you get, in truth." Which was true, Dimitri's speciality was definitely not in caring for magical creatures.

Watching the witch try the 'new' idea of salt and vinegar on chips -- honestly what kind of Brit didn't do that? -- Dimitri waited for the verdict. It came inconclusive and he couldn't help but smile as she stole another. Sliding the plate back before him, Dimitri continued on with his fork. "Well?" He prompted, waiting to see. Couldn't have been bad, or the witch wouldn't have taken a second, but she wasn't exactly giving him much to work with.

Except, of course, stealing his chips.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 10:25 pm

Janet chuckled and nodded. "Yes, I try hard to stay far away from the stereotypical version of a Slytherin. I want to prove that not all Slytherins and rude and stuck-up." She chuckled as he related to not exactly fitting in at times. "Yeah, it's so strange how the Slytherins try so hard to keep to their own house. It's like.. some of them only talk to Slytherins unless they're making fun of someone in a different house."

He then explained that Janet could also get a rat, something she hadn't even thought of but made her chuckle. "I'd rather not. Like I said, toads are disgusting. Rats just don't appeal to me. They just seem.. at the risk of sounding like a Slytherin.. inferior I guess."

He then told her the two owls he knew of. "Yeah, I need to do some more research on them. I want to know what types of owls are typically sold so I know which to get. I could get a pretty small on gif I wanted since I'm pretty close to Hogwarts and letters wouldn't have to be sent very far but I'd rather get a bigger one I think."

Janet tapped her chin as the boy prompted her to make a decision. She grinned at him and shrugged. "I think I'll have to order some of my own before I can make a choice" She said seriously with a little nod. She signaled a waitress over to order her own before turning back to Dimitri. "Anyways, I've never thought of eating chips with a fork before either. I suppose I'm learning all sorts of things from you huh?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2017 9:04 am

"Your Slytherin is definitely showing." Dimitri mused at the idea of not wanting a rat because it would seem inferior. "Though, I don't much see the point of getting your own owl if you're writing to Hogsmeade. Such short distances won't put an owl to good use, and, I hear, the beasts tend to get a little... moody if they're not aptly used."

How true that was, Dimitri wasn't sure. He didn't have his own pet. Not overly fond with animals, and writing home only when his little sister reminded him to do so, Dimitri didn't have much use for his own owl.

"Research is always good." Dimitri agreed, not trying to sound nerdy. It was the best way to make good decisions, in his opinion.

"You... don't eat chips with a fork?" Dimitri asked, continuing to do so himself. "I use cutlery for everything. Probably my upbringing, truthfully." He explained, not adding much more on to that because it was not really a fun topic of conversation. "But, you can at least have use of the phrase 'you learn something new every day' today." He mused, stabbing another chip and eating it carefully.

Honestly, he could understand why his father was pushing a Pureblood marriage. The idea of marrying someone who found the idea of cutlery use so out there was truly a worrying thought. Still, Dimitri offered no such comment outwardly. It was best not to upset others, he'd learned.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Janet chuckled as he pointed out that he Slytherin side was most definitely coming through. She shrugged, "Well I guess I'm in the house for a reason huh? I don't know.. I just don't see the point of a rat. Especially buying one. If I wanted a rat I would just find one in the forest near my house. Much faster, and less expensive."

She thought about his statement for a moment. It was true she didn't really need an owl in order to send owls home, she could simply deliver letters when they went to Hogsmeade on the weekends. "Well I have plenty of friends and family who live farther. My grandparents send me owls all the time but I can't ever send them one unless I'm responding and using their owl."

She nodded, "Yes I just purchased dozens of books on owls recently. Books on treating and recognizing owl sicknesses, caring for owls, owl breeds, breed temperaments, what different breeds prefer to eat, stuff like that." She smiled brightly and was very excited to begin her research. Janet then realized she could start carrying a book around with her and reading places other than home. It would sure be a good start. She guessed she was showing a bit of Ravenclaw herself but in her defense her father had been a Ravenclaw.

She shook her head "No I hadn't thought of it. It makes sense though.. my family always eats chips with our fingers though. See, without the vinegar it isn't too messy and so you don't get your hands messy or anything. Though I guess with vinegar it would make much more sense to eat it with a fork." The more Janet thought about it the more it made sense. He didn't eat them without vinegar, which is why it must not make sense to him to eat them with his hands.

"I consider very few things finger food. One is buffalo wings, mostly because I haven't figured out how to eat bone in wings without using my hands." She giggled at that, "The other is chips, but with vinegar it makes more sense to use a fork. Now, bone in wings I eat with a fork but..." She realized she was rambling on the subject and trailed off.

Luckily, her chips arrived in time to safe her and she grinned. "Um, er.." She hesitates as she looks at her chips before pushing them towards Dimitri. "I give up. I loved them, but I don't know what the right amount of vinegar is. Or the ratio of vinegar to salt. Could you do season mine for me? Then, I'll watch you and be able to do it next time!" She beamed at him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 8:18 pm

The explanation of how Janet would acquire herself a rat brought a small smile to his lips. He couldn't imagine it, truth be told, but he wouldn't crush the little idea she had going on in her head. It would be quite rude of him to do so, after all.

"There are the school owls." Dimitri pointed out as the Slytherin witch completely overlooked the free service available to the students. There was an abundance of owls, or, if you were Dimitri you just used your little sister's, or a friends. He doubted it could be too much hassle, but the boy decided against pointing this part out, there was no point in causing any offence now, was there.

The 'sense' of eating with a knife and fork brought a smile to Dimitri's lips. It was obvious that this witch couldn't be anything higher than lower middle class with the way she was talking. Eating without a knife and fork was simply not done, with vinegar or no vinegar on your chips. "I see, well, that's very different to my home." The boy commented briefly, not wanting to explain his own situation in any more detail.

The question of seasoning the witch's food for her might have made any other Pureblood scoff, but Dimitri nodded, lifting up the salt and waiting to make sure Janet was watching him. "Just two good shakes of the salt pot. Any more and you will simply taste salt, and nothing else. Truly, nobody needs that in their life." He explained, before putting the salt back in the holder and picking up the vinegar in replacement.

"Now, the vinegar you need to make sure you get a good coverage, but again not so much that you drown the chips. Two or three good shakes but all around the plate should be enough to get some chips, but not all of them." He explained, doing so before pushing the plate back towards the witch so that she could try them for herself.

"It's personal preference, though, you may later find you want less vinegar, or more, but that is how I like my chips." He explained, finishing the explanation and continuing on with his own eating.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 8:44 pm

I shrugged and nodded, "Yes I suppose so but I'd really like a pet. My parent's aren't big on animals so a pet I could bring with me to school would be best so they wouldn't have to watch them. I've always loved owls anyways." She smiled and sipped on her drink.

Janet nodded. "I see, that would make sense. At my house it isn't too formal, in fact, my parents sometimes don't even eat at the table. Usually they take their food to their room. I keep mine at the table however, I'd rather not get my bed all dirty. I do have a mini-fridge in my room that I keep sodas in though." She smiled in delight. Janet loved soda, the fizzy sweetness always put a smile on her face. She tried the fizzy flavored water stuff once but it didn't even come close. She'd rather have water than that stuff.

Dimitri nodded and began to season her chips. She watched, making sure to pay attention and took notes in her head. "Two shakes of salt, two to three shakes of vinegar, got it." She smiled and pulled them back towards her, picking up her own fork and eating a couple with a grin. "Perfection. Thank you Dimitri." It really was the perfect amount of salt and vinegar. She wished she had discovered this before, but would be sure to introduce her parents as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 3:52 pm

The thought of not eating at a table -- of some description -- was one that made Dimitri uncomfortable. Of course, his mother sometimes had breakfast in bed, if she was feeling under the weather, but never would he contemplate such things himself. No, as the heir to the Moreau fortune, such luxuries, and bad habits, were not permitted.

Once more, though, the Ravenclaw did not express his view on such matters, it would only come as something of an insults.

"Sounds great, the fridge." Dimitri acknowledged. He had many friends that didn't understand the Pureblood life, and he'd learned how to deal with the non-Pureblood life. As such, he very rarely opened up about his own home. After all, nobody really needed to know that his own room was as big as many other people's whole house now, did they?

The thanks that came for seasoning her chips made the boy wave it away. It wasn't very much that he'd done, so there wasn't much need for the thank you, but he didn't pass comment. Instead, he finished up his own chips and sat back with his butterbeer in hand. A few careful sips and the liquid was gone. Placing it down on the table, Dimitri thought for a moment before checking his watch.

"I should probably get going. I have a couple more shops to visit before meeting back up with my father." He explained, a somewhat sheepish smile on his lips for having to go so soon. "Thank you for letting me sit with you, Janet. I'll see you at school." He said, before sliding out of the booth and heading back out of the bar to the street.

It had been an interesting meeting, of that much he was quite sure.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 10:14 pm

She nodded excitedly, "yes, I love my mini-fridge." She commented enthusiastically. She kept all sorts of things in it too, not that the boy needed to know that it was stuffed full of soda, or that it was one place she used to hide her candy from both herself and her parents.

The boy seemed to be wrapping up the meeting and Janet sighed. She really wasn't ready to go back to sitting by herself but it was what it was. She didn't voice this, instead smiling as he said goodbye. "Well, of course, I couldn't let you have no seat now could I? I do hope to see you there." She waved goodbye to him before returning to her chips.

She was finished soon and gulped down the rest of her drink, before leaving enough money to pay and standing up. She left the pub and looked around. She would spend the rest of the day wandering the town, daydreaming, before going home that evening and beginning her research about owls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer begins (open)   Summer begins (open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer begins (open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2