Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Sound of Silence (Tess) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Sound of Silence (Tess) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Sound of Silence (Tess) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Sound of Silence (Tess) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Sound of Silence (Tess) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Sound of Silence (Tess)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Sound of Silence (Tess) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Silence (Tess)   The Sound of Silence (Tess) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 1:06 pm

When Tess claimed so matter-of-factly that her father's position was the best, Clara couldn't help but wonder a) what her father's position was, and b) if she really meant it because she'd thought about it herself, or if she'd simply been raised to believe it. Perhaps a bit of both. She kept these thoughts to herself--she'd learned from experience that questioning the free will of strangers tended to ruffle some feathers, and people did not give useful answers when they were being defensive; she'd have to sift through all sorts of bias.

Instead, she just nodded and moved on.

Tess's next comment made her blink. The older girl seemed to have misunderstood. "Oh, no, it's not that the fourth year classes are beneath me, just that I don't think the fifth year classes are above me. I've studied much of the advanced curricula in my free time, and I understand it just fine. But perhaps it's harder than it seems--I've only tried a few of the spells. The ones I attempted all came with enough practise, but I never tried, say, the Patronus Charm, which I hear was the subject of your last Defense class. Then again, even if I couldn't produce a patronus, I wouldn't say that puts me on a lower level than your classmates--it is a notoriously difficult spell, which many full-fledged wizards have yet to master."

At the end of her rant, she took a breath, and looked at Tess to assess her reaction. She doubted she'd be able to pick up on it. Girls tended to be more subtle with their reactions, and especially girls raised in high society, as Tess obviously was. She'd most likely hide any negative responses for the sake of propriety or some such troublesome nonsense.

"Oh, that I'm in Ravenclaw has nothing to do with it. My house doesn't make me intelligent. We're sorted based on qualities that we already possess; the houses don't bestow them upon us. I mean sure, group polarization probably has something to do with it, as spending time around people who share your values will serve to reinforce them, but I rarely talk to anyone, including my housemates. I was simply raised to believe that I can do whatever I put my mind to, and in this case, that means higher level classes."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Silence (Tess)   The Sound of Silence (Tess) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 5:50 pm

The more that the younger girl spoke, the more it was made clear to Tess that the girl was not normal. The way she spoke with the long ramblings like a stream of consciousness, made her think that the girl was very different to her. It was clear that there was no sense of filter, or even tact which was both refreshing and horrifying to hear. Her tone was not filled with malice but rather in as straight laced tone that was clear that she believe it.

When she was young, Tess was thought that she should keep her intelligence to herself. Her father would constantly tell her that there was no need to get the spotlight because the light would be removed as soon as she married. Still, seeing Clara being overtly expressive made her think not everyone was taught to be this way.

"I see," she paused. "Well congratulations on your validations of being so smart" she chuckled.

She wanted to be a bit too honest but bit back her tongue. There was no need for her to tell Clara that life would be tough for her as soon as real life came in. Real life and society would pause those thoughts of freedom especially in the wizarding world.

"Go to the professors and see if they can mentor you" she said in passing as she stared at the book she carried.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Silence (Tess)   The Sound of Silence (Tess) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 11:19 pm

"Thank you," Clara said, not picking up on any subtext that may have accompanied the older girl's congratulations. It seemed like a compliment, and she treated it as such.

"I was actually considering going to Professor Andersson, before he left. I've been doing quite a bit of potions work, and I would have appreciated some professional advice. The old potions master, Professor Balan, was never very forthcoming with his assistance, but Professor Andersson seemed a bit more promising...that is, until he disappeared. The new one, I think, is only provisional, as far as I know, but if he returns next year, I may consult him. I am quite enjoying Ancient Runes, as well--in fact, I've been reading up on some things in my free time, perhaps Professor Kessler would be open to answering some questions..."

She wasn't really sure why she was saying all of this, it was hardly important to Tess. Then again, the other girl was the one who'd suggested it, and what else was she supposed to say?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Silence (Tess)   The Sound of Silence (Tess) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sound of Silence (Tess)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2