Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Leading by Example (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Leading by Example (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Leading by Example (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Leading by Example (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Leading by Example (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Leading by Example (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

Leading by Example (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leading by Example (Open)   Leading by Example (Open) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Jacques listened to Tess' wish of wanting to study on past Hogwarts so that she could become more well rounded. Unlike many Pureblood families of the stations around the Clements, the Clements were, to their own credit, a little more forward thinking that others. They had that luxury, being one of the most powerful families in Europe.

"Well," Jacques replied, noticing Tess' obvious worry at having divulged something so personal to him and offering her a small, and hopefully reassuring smile. "I think that your Papa will listen if you bring this to him. Whilst not overly conventional in our society, times are changing, and I'm sure the Holmes' would not wish to get left behind."

It wasn't a threat, merely an observation of the world. If Elenore chose to go to University when she'd finished with Hogwarts, he was sure Maman and Papa would encourage her ideas, and aid her in every way. However, Jacques had a funny feeling Elenore would never ask, but he decided not to bring that up.

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
Leading by Example (Open) - Page 2 Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Leading by Example (Open)   Leading by Example (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 5:40 am

Tess felt a rise of anxiety at the thought of Jacques telling his parents or worse - her father. She was probably not the best influence for Elenore; she was too passionate and her wings were not cut no matter how much her father tried. The panic came in waves and she bit back her fear to run. No matter how passionate she was also known to be a coward.

The grip on a doll tightened and she felt herself wishing to sink into herself. "No...father is always fond of moving forward" she bit back the sarcasm. The future and progressive ideas only came from Mycroft and for him as well.

She smiled shyly before moving the cart towards the front to pay. She realized she was beginning to be hungry and she knew her grand-mere wondered where she was.

"Thank you for helping me Jacques. I appreciate your time and your patience. I shouldn't keep you from something that you probably have on your schedule."

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Leading by Example (Open)   Leading by Example (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 7:22 pm

When Tess agreed that her father was always one to move forward, Jacques nodded and gave a small smile. "As long as our elders keep most traditions, I don't see a problem in us... taking a few modern ideas and making them our own." Jacques admitted softly with a small smile. It was, of course, a careful balance. Whilst Jacques did not believe in young ladies completely forgetting the standards set in their society, he did not see that being educated to a high level could ever be 'wrong'.

Jacques followed the younger witch to the till, watching the man behind who looked somewhat bewildered to have both the Clement heir and a Holmes heiress in his shop at the same time. Jacques gave the man a small smile, hoping not to frighten him too much, after all he needed to make his own image in France.

"Oh, you're not keeping me from anything. Can I take you to the orphanage you were going to be taking these? I have my car just around the corner, it wouldn't be a bother. And, at least then I would know you were safely on your way." Jacques asked, but he wouldn't insist, if Tess didn't wish to use his help with her tasks in hand.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Leading by Example (Open)   Leading by Example (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 2:35 am

She murmured softly in agreement at Jacques statement. She knew deep down that it would matter to her family. If the Clements were more willing to move forward with society, that was admirable. But she knew the Holmes were male dominated and never once did I woman have any say ever since her great great grandmother Flamel passed. Even then, by that point her husband was the most recognized. Perhaps it was because Jacques was a man and he was as privileged as he could get.

As the clerk at the register looked bewildered, Tess smiled warmly. This was not a regular face at the store; her usual girl would have finished her transaction. Still, she ignored the was his hands shook as she began to add the toys on the stand. It must have been weird for two people such as her and Jacques to seen buying toys. For a brief moment, she hoped that no one would gossip or send out anything to the media about this.

Turning over to face Jacques, she looked up and smiled at his suggestion. She'd think it'd be very nice for the children to see him and see someone else that cared.

"I think I'd be amazing if you could" she was admittedly surprised by his suggestion. "The children would love to see a new face. But...I am rather hungry" she laughed a bit shyly at her admittance. "Let me get a snack really quickly next door and I'll meet you at your car"

She grabbed the items once bagged and when she saw the total took out her wallet so she could pay.

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Leading by Example (Open)   Leading by Example (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 2:31 pm

The acceptance of his help brought a smile to Jacques lips, which turned to a soft laugh when Tess admitted to being hungry. "Of course, you get something from next door, I'll bring my car around." Jacques insisted, never one to deny anyone the important pieces of survival such as food and sustenance. "Here, let me." Jacques added, taking the shopping bags carefully from Tess' hands and readying himself to leave the shop as Tess finished paying for the toys.

"Merci, monsieur!" Jacques added to the shop keeper, taking note of his name so that a small donation could be made to the shop to ensure it's future in the street. Having the man on side would definitely do well for Jacques' future as well.

Once the two had emerged from the shop, Jacques paused for a moment. "Just two minutes, and I'll be back." He assured the younger witch, before turning left and heading off to get his car. The super car was not the ideal use of transporting toys -- there was minimal storage at the best of time, and even less when the roof was down in the summer heat. Still, Jacques managed to squeeze the toys in to the car, before firing the vehicle up.

It roared in to life as Jacques pulled his sunglasses in to place, and put the seat belt in place. A couple of revs -- who could resist the roar of the engine of a Ferrari? -- and Jacques pulled out of the side street, and down to the shop, waiting for Tess to come out of the shop with her snack so that they could head off to the orphanage together.

Once she was seated, and had put her seat belt on -- Jacques knew his mother would not approve of not ensuring the safety of the Holmes heiress before he moved the 'monstrosity of vehicle' that was the Ferrari -- he took note of the location and smiled across at her. "Ready?" He asked, checking the mirrors before he pulled out, accelerating to get to speed quicker than was probably necessary, but by no means in an unsafe manner. After the speed had settled, Jacques looked across at the younger witch.

"Please, tell me you like the vehicle?" He asked, checking his mirrors as he maneuvered around some of the slower moving vehicles. "Elenore despises it." He said with a small smile playing on his lips. Elenore had always preferred her winged horses...

The Car

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leading by Example (Open)   Leading by Example (Open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Leading by Example (Open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2