Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Overdue Dinner (Clarinda) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Overdue Dinner (Clarinda) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Overdue Dinner (Clarinda) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Overdue Dinner (Clarinda) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Overdue Dinner (Clarinda) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Overdue Dinner (Clarinda)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Overdue Dinner (Clarinda) Empty
PostSubject: Overdue Dinner (Clarinda)   Overdue Dinner (Clarinda) EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 3:15 am

Dunmurry - Belfast, Ireland

For Mycroft to say that he was nervous was an understatement. For today he would speak with Clarinda, Kamren's widow. He wasn't sure why he was so nervous, perhaps because it was one thing to hide your guilt and shame in letters, but it would be entirely more difficult to hide to from a witch whom he viewed as very intuitive. His Saturday morning had started with him spending a full hour in the wine cellar trying to pick out what she would want.

He in turn had avoided drinking for fear of falling in a bad habit; it was one thing smoking for stress, and a whole other problem if he began to drink as well. This morning he refused to smoke...for a good hour before he smoked two and then showered once more.

By the time it was the scheduled dinner, he had spent most of his day getting the wine, flowers, and a proper attire to make a good impression on the woman that Kam loved. When he arrived at the home he found it quite quaint. Tentatively he knocked on the door hoping she would respond.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Dinner (Clarinda)   Overdue Dinner (Clarinda) EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 5:42 am

Overdue Dinner (Clarinda) Clarin10

Correspondance with Mycroft had gone better than she hoped. For starters, she knew that grief manifested itself differently in different people, and while she wished to help those her husband had deemed close to him, she wasn't sure how to help everyone. Mycroft, however, had been a name and person close to her heart; she knew her husband had been close with him and had seen something in the male. The last thing she wanted was for her husband's actions to go to waste, and the male succumb to grief.

The letter had come with impeccable timing, and Clarinda had replied at once. For a few months, they wrote back and forth until her invitation had been accepted.

A letter to Serenity, letting her know that there would be another guest, had been replied with an apology that she would not be able to make it; there was a last minute class that was compulsory. Knowing Serenity was not one to lie, she'd written back to Mycroft to inform him of this; he might not have wanted to have dinner alone with a witch. But, he'd not minded, and so, plans had been made.

A knock on her front door drew her thoughts away from the tiny box she'd been looking at since she'd finished cooking and changing an hour ago, and she quickly put it aside for now, moving to her front hall and opening the door to the house that wasn't a home.

"Mycroft, welcome," she greeted, smiling at the male. "Thank you for coming; please, come in." She gestured towards the dining room, waiting for him to follow.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Dinner (Clarinda)   Overdue Dinner (Clarinda) EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 5:50 am

As he was greeted by Clarinda, he smiled as warmly as he could to the witch he had grown to consider a friend. Handing her the wine, he found himself taking in the home. It was very clear that the memory of Kamren laid everywhere in this home. For one thing that warmth that flowed through the room was similar to the warmth he felt whenever he walked into his old mentor's office.

"Your home is lovely Clarinda" he said softly. "I cannot help but once more thank you for your warm welcome. To be honest I was not sure what to bring as I have not done this before, at least out of my own free will" he smiled.

His eyes paused on a picture of the whole family, the former minister, his wife and children together looked happy. It was a weird thing to realize that happiness was not a social construct but actually existent.

"I do hope I am no bother to your family" he murmured.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Dinner (Clarinda)   Overdue Dinner (Clarinda) EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 6:01 am

Taking the wine, she smiled again. "You are most welcome," she replied, leading him to the dining table, for which she'd arranged two sets of cutlery. In the middle was a pot with lamb stew, something simple, but she hadn't met anyone yet who didn't like her recipe. It was the safest option, when she wasn't sure what someone liked. There was a bowl of rice, and a loaf of freshly baked and sliced, if he preferred that. She'd also set out two wine glasses.

"No bother at all," she said, motioning for him to sit. She took a seat opposite him. "In fact, I'm glad you came..." Slipping out her wand, she flicked it, summoning from the table in the kitchen the tiny box.

"I was going through my husband's things recently, after the funeral, and found this. I think..." She paused, smile dropping slightly to a reminiscent one. "No, I'm certain, that he would have wanted you to have it. I would have sent it via owl, but I think this is more personal; he would have wanted it this way." Placing it on the table, she slid it over to him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Dinner (Clarinda)   Overdue Dinner (Clarinda) EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 6:07 am

Being lead to the living room, and to the dining room he found himself trying to take everything in. Every wall had a picture, something memorializing an event such as new parents, to firsts of their children. It was very surreal to him, where there were photographs here, in his estate there were portraits of all the offspring in the three and that was about it.

Taking a seat, be found himself to be completely surprised by the widow as she tentatively handed him a simple box. He tilted his head confused, that is until she realized what was in the box "No, I'm certain, that he would have wanted you to have it. I would have sent it via owl, but I think this is more personal; he would have wanted it this way."

"I..." he took in a deep breath as he opened the box and sure enough it was a watch. Not just any one, but the one that was always on Kamren's wrist. "I...I cannot even understand why you give this to me. Your husband...it was my job to protect him and I..." he took a shaky breath. "You are too kind."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Dinner (Clarinda)   Overdue Dinner (Clarinda) EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 6:26 am

A wistful smile touched her features at his comment, but she shook it aside. She would not admit it, but the truth was it hadn't been an easy decision. Part of her wanted to keep it; it had, after all, been her gift for him when he first started trying for Minister. A good luck present that had seemed to work. That was why he kept wearing it, he said; it had brought him luck. He hadn't worn it on the day; a part inside had needed replacing, and she had said she'd take it to the muggle shop. It was a tradition they had kept going, despite a simple spell working. Perhaps that had been why...

No. Clarinda shook the thought from her mind. There was no such thing as luck, not truly. In the end, she knew that Mycroft would have been Kamren's intended recipient of it. There were other things that held memories, more than a watch would. More importantly, he was in her heart, where he would always remain. She could part with a watch, for the sake of someone else.

And watching Mycroft's face as he opened it made it worthwhile. "As I said," she told him, gently. "Kamren would have wanted you to have it, as a reminder of everything he stood for, and as a reminder of who you are, to him."

A few moments passed, heavy and lingering, before she smiled and gestured towards the food. "Please, help yourself."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Dinner (Clarinda)   Overdue Dinner (Clarinda) EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 6:36 am

If he was perfectly honest with himself, it was very hard to breathe and take in the heartfelt gesture that Clarinda had given him. He had remembered the brief stories of Kamren touching the muggle watch almost wistfully, only to then decide to leave early and head home. It was always an interesting dynamic to see the man be so cold one instant when it came to politics and then become a devoted family man when needed. It was very admirable; but as he saw Clarinda look like she too struggled, he knew that he should accept it. For the man that wore this watch was a very special person in different ways for the pair.

"You know...I always considered Kamren to be another father figure to me. It was not that my father isn't there but rather, the way he taught, it was never patronizing and I admired that greatly. Still wish to take those lessons with me as I one day..perhaps become a family man. I..thank you once more"

His eyes were sincere as he thanked her; the witch was very giving. So as they tucked into the dinner, he couldn't help but feel a bit lighter. Once or twice his eyes would stray to the watch wondering how someone so special to many had actually perished.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Dinner (Clarinda)   Overdue Dinner (Clarinda) EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 7:30 am

She nodded at his statement with another smile. Kamren had often come home and talked about his day, so hearing how he was to others was a different change. For a moment, she felt a pang of hurt, knowing she'd never again hear him complain about a difficult law or person to work with; it was funny, how it was the little things she took for granted that she missed the most. Still, it would not do to dwell on the past, and she had things to look forward to in the future -- not much, but things nevertheless. It was a shame, though, that Kam would never be a part of those things; he'd never get to walk his daughter down the aisle or hold his first grandchild.

"Kamren is a great man," Clarinda said, purposely using the present tense. "I believe he has passed on things to people that will keep him alive forever -- his mind, his heart, his soul. He poured his life into you, Mycroft, because he saw something in you. You carry a part of him, now, as does everyone else he sowed into." She said all this softy, although not sadly; it was a hopeful thing. It meant that Kamren's legacy would always be continued.

She ate quietly, enjoying the company for a change. She didn't often cook anymore, instead going out with other healers or eating in the staff room. It was easier, that way. But this was a nice change, and she smiled softly as she ate, prefering the bread over the rice. When they were done, she flicked her wand, sending the dishes to the sink, before standing and moving to the muggle fridge. From it, she removed a small chocolate cake, which she brought to the table.

"I found extra time this afternoon," she explained. "I hope you like chocolate!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Dinner (Clarinda)   Overdue Dinner (Clarinda) Empty

Back to top Go down

Overdue Dinner (Clarinda)
Page 1 of 1