Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Josie LeBlanc

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Running (Jackson Blake - TW: Sexual Themes) - Page 3 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Running (Jackson Blake - TW: Sexual Themes) - Page 3 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Running (Jackson Blake - TW: Sexual Themes) - Page 3 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Running (Jackson Blake - TW: Sexual Themes) - Page 3 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Running (Jackson Blake - TW: Sexual Themes) - Page 3 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Running (Jackson Blake - TW: Sexual Themes)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

Running (Jackson Blake - TW: Sexual Themes) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running (Jackson Blake - TW: Sexual Themes)   Running (Jackson Blake - TW: Sexual Themes) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 1:32 pm

The conversation that Victoria had tried to start was quickly shut off by Jax in that moment. She held a genuine interest in what he was doing, the last shed heard he was pushing for something local, something less remarkable than the Senate, but still a good thing. Victoria took the hint, not pushing him for more as their drinks came to the table without a word except for the soft thank you.

The mention of the President was one Victoria didn't comment on. In the UK Trump had been a point of mockery, a man who couldn't be taken seriously with the way he ran the country. Victoria had not paid him much mind, truthfully, the politics of the US held little value to her whilst she was out of the country.

Thankfully they were saved from the awkwardness of the moment when their food arrived. Jax's pizza was mammoth in comparison to her own, but she paid that no mind as her hands automatically moved to a knife and fork set wrapped in a napkin on the table. Her hands still shook, but the witch knew that was from being weak from lack of food more than anything else. Jackson's insistence to eat came in the same moment and the witch didn't reply, cutting the pizza in to bitesize chunks and eating carefully. It took a lot to swallow, cautious of the food coming back up, but Victoria managed to swallow without repercussion.

A couple more mouthfuls passed in silence, Jax eating comfortably as she sat eating slowly.

Her eyes remained mostly on her pizza, contemplating it as she took her time to eat. Going over everything that was happening again and trying to work out what to do. Where to go.

"I haven't lived at home for eight years." Victoria corrected Jax softly when he asked if she was running away from home. Which was true, since starting university Victoria had been renting various places in and around London. Her student debts had been added to for this self sufficiency but Victoria had enjoyed the freedom of it all.

But she hadn't denied the running away.

As to why she hadn't called anyone... the witch let out a soft sigh at the question. Not at Jax's question, bit at the fact she didn't know how to explain to him. Where did she start? Did he really care enough for the full answer? Victoria suspected not. But she could reduce it to something more manageable.

"I lost my job in May." Victoria explained, her knife and fork stilling as she dared to look to Jax to see how he took the information. "Nowhere in the UK will take me on. I've been applying to job after job, and I've been rejected each and every time for that last two and a half months. Then, a couple of days ago... a couple of days ago I was handed notice to leave my flat for-" Victoria cut off, knowing that Jax had not found her in the best of places last night. Would he believe her?

"My neighbours thought I was engaging in sexual activities with multiple men. Complained. Got me evicted. And, no, before you ask, there was no weight in that. I've never... I've... I wouldn't do that." The witch explained helplessly. "I packed my things in to a box, left it with a friend, and came here on the first flight out. I... didn't tell anyone I was coming here.

"And... last night wasn't supposed to end up as it did... I just wanted to dance, feel free... drink a little. I never..." Victoria shook her head helplessly. The facts stacked against what she was saying, she knew that. But that was the truth of the matter.

She wasn't running from home.

She was running from herself.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Running (Jackson Blake - TW: Sexual Themes) - Page 3 Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Running (Jackson Blake - TW: Sexual Themes)   Running (Jackson Blake - TW: Sexual Themes) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 7:09 pm

Pizza and life stories went well together, Jackson had learned that years ago. And though he hadn't expressly brought her here for her story, he was getting it regardless, along with the pizza in town. Trying very hard not to judge her for her use of utensils, the young politician ate his pie like a normal human being, with his hands the way God intended for pizza to be eaten. But the amusement stopped there as her truth came tumbling out as the bites of her tiny sickle pizza went in.

So not only had she been laid of but she was not getting work anywhere else. Though why she even needed to work, Jackson couldn't fathom. If he had a millionaire brother like Jake Newbury, he would sit on his ass his whole life and be glad of it. Or was "working" her means fo conducting a social experiment, to see how the other half lived?

When she continued on to how she was evicted, Jackson nearly dropped his slice of pizza - his fourth while she had barely made a dent in her own. "You can get evicted for that?" he asked, genuinely curious. England was so prudish. Even if she was sexing up a storm in there, that shouldn't be grounds for eviction. As long a she was doing it in her own home and not on her neighbor's lawn.

When she admitted that she had came her to be free, Jackson shook his head once more, picking up his dropped slice to keep from commenting. This girl was so white, she made white men feel uncomfortable. Her life had - in her view - gone to the shitter and the first ting she thought of was a vacation? How privileged can you get? He wondered how she would react to knowing that people suffered so much more than she did every day and they didn't have a "brother bail me out" opton to help them out.

But she wasn't using that option. Had the infamous Newbury siblings finally fallen out? And if they had, was she stupid enough to actually try to make it in this world on her own? Who would have given her the idea that she could, he wondered as he dumped another load of ketchup on is place. If last night showed anything, it was that she needed someone to keep in her line, to tell her the world wasn't all butterflies and roses and fairy dust.

"That sounds rough," he finally managed, finishing his fifth slice and pausing. "But you don't have nowhere to go, you're just choosing not to." It was merely an observation, no judgement. Okay maybe a little judgement because choosing to ignore a life raft meant that you still had hope of surviving on a sinking ship, and that hope was what made you either optimistic to the point of stupid or stupid to the point of optimistic.

"When a barrage of shit hits the fan like this," he continued. "I find it helpful to take a step back. Any decision you make right now will be made much better if you sleep on it." Reaching for his diet coke, the man drank deeply before he spoke again. "I have a laptop back home. You can use it to tell people you're alive and reorder your bank cards, apply for a new photo ID or whatever. I also have that couch you made use of last night."

It was the best invitation she was going to get tonight, in large part due to Jackson being in one of his favorite places and high on good pizza. The smaller part was Merida's ringing voice in the back of his head that he'd long associated with a conscience.

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

PostSubject: Re: Running (Jackson Blake - TW: Sexual Themes)   Running (Jackson Blake - TW: Sexual Themes) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 7:34 pm

Jackson's question of if you could actually get evicted for such things made Victoria raise an eyebrow in response. Did he think she would make something like that up about herself, truly? Another time she might have tried to fight the eviction, make it go away, but at the current point she was in life, Victoria didn't have the mental capacity to do so, so she'd simply given in to it, to make the problem go away.

It was as the boy continued on, calling her out on the fact she didn't fall in to the category of having nowhere to go. "I never said that I had no where to go," Victoria pointed out to him, calm despite the accusation he'd thrown at her. She didn't know if he would understand, she wouldn't pretend to know Jackson Blake well enough to guess if he could understand. "I said I couldn't call someone." She pointed out.

"I'm too scared to tell them that everything has gone wrong in one manner or another. I'm... too scared of their disappointment." Victoria whispered, cutting another small mouthful of pizza as her eyes drifted off to the children playing. Did she care if Jax understood that feeling? No. It was the truth, no matter what anyone else said, or thought. The idea of arriving at Jake's large mansion to tell him she'd not only lost her job, but she'd now lost her flat, and slowly, she was losing her grip on her life because every way she turned brought up another problem.

She didn't want to be pulled in to her mother's arms and told everything was going to be alright, because quite simply, things were not alright, and she didn't know how to make the world slow down for a moment to sort things out, get herself back on her feet, and start again.

The aid came once more from Jax in that moment, and Victoria nodded slowly. "Thank you, again. You've... been too kind." Victoria replied, before falling quiet once more. Jackson's charity -- that was what this was -- seemed to know no bounds, and Victoria knew that once she'd fixed the situation of money, and a new phone, she would get out of his way.

After all, who was she to burden the up and coming Representative Jackson Blake?

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Running (Jackson Blake - TW: Sexual Themes) - Page 3 Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down

Running (Jackson Blake - TW: Sexual Themes)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3