Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Is that... jewelry? (Harper) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Is that... jewelry? (Harper) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Is that... jewelry? (Harper) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Is that... jewelry? (Harper) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Is that... jewelry? (Harper) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Is that... jewelry? (Harper)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Is that... jewelry? (Harper) Empty
PostSubject: Is that... jewelry? (Harper)   Is that... jewelry? (Harper) EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 1:11 am

Elena had just finished her bath for the day. She wanted to do something but also was a little sweaty from practicing Quidditch that day. So after she was finished brushing up on her Keeper skills she decided on a nice warm bath. Of course she had her lavender bath bomb that turned into bubbles and it was heaven. For her to finally relax after everything that has happened to her.

When the blonde got back to her room, she decided that she didn't want to stay in her common room all day so she decided that it was time to go explore. Or at least see what she could do that day. The blonde put on her under garments then a pair of red shorts, a white tank top, and her vans.

Elena brushed out her hair and decided that she should at least look like a human being. She decided on a French braid to the side so it hung off her shoulder. Elena put on her red cherry flavored lip gloss and that was it. She wasn't going anywhere special so she was going to go all natural for the day. She grabbed her purse and was off.

The young Slytherin was walking the corridors when she seen a table. Was that... jewelry? Elena loved jewelry but it came as a shock for her when she saw someone selling it. Especially on school grounds. Elena shrugged and walked up to the table. She was looking at the bracelets.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is that... jewelry? (Harper)   Is that... jewelry? (Harper) EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 1:48 am

It had been a slow day. It was one of the weekends at Hogwarts, so she hadn't had any classes that day. She had spent her morning relaxing in the library, slowly and carefully crafting her jewelry with both her hands and her magic. Along with the other tools required of course. After a long, relaxing morning she'd made plenty of bracelets, earrings, necklaces, anklets, rings, etc. and had decided to set up shop for the afternoon.

She went back to her room to get ready, throwing on a nice cream colored sweater, paired with the skinny jeans she'd already been wearing. She combed through her short hair with her fingers, scrutinizing it in the mirror before deciding to leave it alone. She then did eyeliner, mascara, gold eyeshadow, and a dark red lip stain before grabbing her booth stuff and heading out.

She chose a fairly busy corridor, but not busy enough the booth would block traffic, and made sure it was one that professors didn't frequently take. She set her table up, setting out the displays and the little canopy type thing made of colorful fabric that draped down, sure to draw attention. She then put up her sign in front of the table that entailed her pretty reasonable prices, and set out her jewelry. Each item had their place, and each different type of jewelry had their section.

When the booth was completely set up, with her cash box, extras, and duplicates on shelf attached to the bottom of the table, hidden by a tablecloth she'd set out made of the same fabrics as the canopy. She set out her chair and waited.

She attracted lots of customers throughout the afternoon and was bent over, trying to get out some jewelry to restock when she heard footsteps walk up, and stop in front of the booth. She hurriedly grabbed the items she needed and sat up, smiling brightly at the girl and restocking quickly, a couple bracelets, a set of earrings, and a ring and sat back down.

"Hi there! I'm Harper of Wish Granted, can I help you find anything?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is that... jewelry? (Harper)   Is that... jewelry? (Harper) EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 1:57 am

When Elena had gotten there she didn't see anyone and then the person who was obviously running it greeted her. Elena kindly smiled. "Hi I'm Elena" she greeted back. She checked out the new bracelets that were put out that weren't up there before. "Nah, I'm just looking. I mostly wear necklaces and bracelets so it's amazing that you're selling these" Elena continued to look.

Of course she did have a ring that had an E on it that was on her thumb but she only wore it since her mother had bought it for her. Other wise she wouldn't be wearing it. Elena saw a bracelet that looked like the ying yang symbol and she remembered her mother and her father saying they were like that symbol.

Elena smiled and refused to put it down when she looked around just in general. "So did you make these yourself?" Elena asked trying to make conversation, also because Elena loved to get to know who she was going to school with and hopefully make a potential friend.

Elena continued to look around.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is that... jewelry? (Harper)   Is that... jewelry? (Harper) EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 2:10 am

The girl's smile got even bigger as the customer smiled back and she watched her look over the jewelry. "Bracelets and necklaces eh? Well, if you don't see anything you like I have some other selections you may like to see. I just usually don't have room to put everything out on the table."

She watched as the girl, Elena she'd said, picked up one of the bracelets and her smile softened some as she remembered making that one. She made a mental note to watch and make sure she didn't steal it, as that'd happened to her before and it was always disappointing to say the least.

She nodded when the girl asked if she made them
"Yeah! These are all hand made. With some assistance from my wand, but you know. Each one of them was something that I touched and crafted and moulded this morning. They each have a story, or at least a semblance of a reason I was inspired to make them."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is that... jewelry? (Harper)   Is that... jewelry? (Harper) EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 2:15 am

Elena listened, she was highly impressed that Harper made these. Yes Elena drew and painted but there is no way she could have pulled any of this off. Elena may have been artistic but not this much in her opinion. The blonde that went to her wallet. "How much for this bracelet. It's definitely a keeper for me" Elena smiled.

"So what is the story behind the bracelet? If you don't mind my asking" Elena held up the bracelet that was currently in her hands. She wanted to cherish this for not only herself but her family. They were all different and came together perfectly. Elena waited for the other girls response.

As she waited she pulled out her wallet that way when she was told the amount she could pay for the bracelet and put it on and not take it back off. When Elena loved something, she showed it so much love and would never let go.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is that... jewelry? (Harper)   Is that... jewelry? (Harper) EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 2:33 am

She grinned and listened as she asked for the price of the bracelet. "Well, the sign say 2 galleons, but I'll take a galleon and five sickles since that's one of my favorite bracelets." As the witch moved on to asking the story behind the bracelet Harper blushed slightly, kneeling down to pull out a couple other things she need to restock, thinking for a bit before responding.

"It was actually based off of a story I read. It was something about twins called yin and yang, though it wasn't even based off that yin and yang. Anyways, long story short without spoiling it for you, they journey together and go on adventures, but get cursed by a wizard that causes them to share one body, even though they were very different, and it nearly drove them crazy. The only thing that kept them together and sane was their love for each other."

She shrugged, blushing just slightly and she leaned over to restock some things that she'd gotten out before the story. "I know it seems kinda stupid, but my inspiration can come from strange places sometimes. Anyways, if you look closely it's supposed to look like two girls, with long hair that borders each of their sides."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is that... jewelry? (Harper)   Is that... jewelry? (Harper) EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 2:42 am

Elena was in love with the story. The way that people could be different and be one and still love one another made her smile. "The story is beautiful. Along with your creation" Elena handed her the amount she wanted. The bracelet was now hers and it made her fall in love with it. Elena slipped it on her left wrist. "You sounded like you may have experienced a ying and yang? Or at least want to" the way Harper told the story, like there was something unspoken there.

Elena looked at what was restocked and then thought about something. "Do you have a bar? Like the earring bar?" Elena turned to the left a little and showed the bar that was in her ear. She mostly liked the ear piercings more then face ones.

"So how is your business so far? This can be like your on the side job, the first being school" Elena was curious.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is that... jewelry? (Harper)   Is that... jewelry? (Harper) EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 2:56 am

"Thank you!" Harper said with a small giggle, her blush deepening slightly. She listened to her question and shrugged, looking down. "I don't know. It's not something I'm actively looking for, but I suppose it's something that I'd like to experiment with? I don't know, it's an interesting concept, and I enjoy seeing how certain people can be exactly the same and completely different at the same time." She shrugged again, looking back up at the girl with a small smile as she ran one hand through her short hair.

She turned her head, pointing to her own industrial bar with a smile. "Yeah, there over here." She pointed to them, in the opposite corner as the bracelets and above both the earrings and the ear cuffs. "May I?" She asked, before leaning forward and gently turning the girl's head to take a look at the industrial she had in. "Oh, that's beautiful. Here's one you may like." She picked out one of the bars and held it out to Elena for her to look at.

"Oh, business is going great today! And yeah, I mostly make jewelry in the evenings, and sell on the weekends, or sometimes in the evenings if I've been able to make enough jewelry to sell throughout the week or have some left over from the weekend. But yes, school comes first."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is that... jewelry? (Harper)   Is that... jewelry? (Harper) EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 2:13 pm

Elena didn't know what it was like to have a ying to her yang. She had seen her parents in action and it always brought a smile onto her face. Elena loved being able to watch their romance when she could. They were always so happy to be around one another and she always hoped to have a love like theirs. Elena wanted to be able to fall in love with someone and go from there.

She understood where Harper was coming from. No one ever goes looking for love, it comes to you. Elena knew one day she would find that someone but she doubts it will be soon. "Yeah same with me, I know that love comes when someone least expects it, but I just try to keep my eyes open you know? That way I don't miss the life that is going on around me" Elena giggled and smiled.

Harper was easy to talk to. No doubt about it, but Elena also noticed the light in her eyes when she complimented on the jewelry. She could see that Harper was proud of her creativity and what she was able to make of it. The blonde thought that the two could be friends, but then again Elena always liked to meet new people, it was a habit of hers.

When Harper asked if she could take a look, Elena smiled and nodded. The blonde let the other girl turn her head and take a look at the bar that was in her ear. Elena remember her mom flipping when she found out her father took her to get it done, but Elena loved it, it made her feel like herself. When Harper told her it was beautiful she smiled. "Thank you" Elena thought it was too.

Elena looked at the one that Harper thought she would like and she picked it up to examine it. It had the infinity symbol on it. It reminded her of what her mother always told her. When you find that special someone, you'll be together forever. Elena never really thought about it like that, but the bar was cute. "How much is this?" Elena asked, she wanted it.

"Harper this is amazing, you really have a talent for this. Is this something you want to do when you're done Hogwarts?" Elena asked.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is that... jewelry? (Harper)   Is that... jewelry? (Harper) EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 12:24 am

Harper planted her hands on the table, now standing and leaned on them, causing her to lean over the table just slightly as she listened to Elena talk. "Yeah, absolutely! It's always a good idea to just pay attention. I've known several people who didn't pay attention, and their life passed them by without them noticing. Heck, I was one of those people a year ago." At that thought she pulled her chair closer to the table, adjusting her sleeves a bit as she did.

As the girl examined the bar Harper took the chance to study her a bit. Not in an obvious way, or at least so she hoped, but she took the chance to take in her blond hair, gentle sort of face, her green curious eyes, and she couldn't help but smile in a way that lit up her own.

She asked how much it was and Harper thought about the price.
"How about this. As long as you tell your friends about me, it's yours." She grinned, titling her head as she proposed the item to be free. "Partly cause I haven't met many people here who have industrials like me, so I only make a couple at a time. But partly cause maybe that'll entice you to come back sometime." Her grin widened as she said the last part, and she moved to put away the money from Elena's first purchase.

As she listened to the girl speak again she sat back up, sitting down with a little blush at the compliment. "Thank you so much! Yeah, I guess I may do this after Hogwarts. At least in college, and maybe after that as a side job. We'll have to see I guess, I've never really given it any thought. How about you? What will you do after Hogwarts?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is that... jewelry? (Harper)   Is that... jewelry? (Harper) Empty

Back to top Go down

Is that... jewelry? (Harper)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next