Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei) Empty
PostSubject: Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei)   Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei) EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 8:13 pm

Dimitri Moreau was not a young man who was easily swayed. Once he had his mind set, he was a very difficult person to be turned. It was the main reason that the boy had taken so long to really understand that what he'd said to Nerisei Volkova had been... it had been horrible. The young man had lashed out in anger, spoken words that were neither the truth, nor representing his true feelings. The anger of the backlash had remained for the weeks that followed the conversation with Nerisei, only to be fuelled further when the witch had spent Valentine's Day with the man.

Dimitri had turned his back of the witch then, deciding that if Nerisei did not wish to repaid their relationship, then he did not have to do so either.

It had worked, too. The end of their fifth year had come soon enough, and from there it was even easier to forget Nerisei. With the summer came the OWL results, with Dimitri managing to pass potions by the skin of his teeth. The summer had been spent half in the UK, and half in Greece visiting his mother's family, and before the boy knew it, their sixth year had begun.

Nerisei had come back in to his life again, and Dimitri... couldn't keep pretending. As much as he'd tried to block the witch from his mind, she had a way of coming back to him. The fact they shared almost all of their classes was enough to keep her present in his mind, and the wizard had done his best to remind himself of what she had done. Was doing.

Except.. she wasn't.

According to the gossip magazines -- thankfully read by others -- Jacques Clement had moved on to another woman. An International Quidditch star, no less, after the World Cup. If Nerisei had been overly upset by this revelation, Dimitri could not have said from her demeanour as he watched her from afar, but he remained unable to bring himself to talk to the witch.

Autumn term turned in to Winter term, and the rumours of the Clement Heir's romance of the Quidditch Star only grew. It had been shortly before Valentine's Day that Dimitri had tried to speak to Nerisei. Try being the operative word.

The young man had been halted in his ascent of the Ravenclaw Tower by a fierce looking Anne. She had not drawn her wand as she had threatened to before, and Dimitri did not wish to push the brunette to doing such things, either. Instead, he'd taken a step back down away from the girl's dorms, an apology on his lips. Whether Nerisei found out he'd tried, Dimitri would never be able to guess, but he knew... he knew he'd tried.

Summer came quicker than expected, and Dimitri had lost track of it all. In and amongst his studies and the friendships he'd made during his sixth year that had blossomed, he'd lost the time he'd needed to try to speak to Nerisei alone again.

The train would be leaving in no more than ten minutes, the carriages had pulled up at the station, and hordes of students were making their way to the platform. Dimitri knew that it was now, or never. If he didn't at least try to talk to Nerisei now, he would be too late. As if this was not already too late...

He'd waited impatiently on the platform for his fellow Ravenclaw, trying not to look at his watch or glance at the train too often. It felt like he'd been waiting an eternity for Nerisei to emerge on to the platform...

"Nerisei!" Dimitri called out as the Russian witch emerged on to the platform beside her best friend. Anne's face turned in to a scowl that would likely have murdered him on the spot if looks could have killed, but he paid the witch no mind as he stepped forward to meet them. "Please... can I talk to you, before we get on the train?" He asked, knowing he was asking so very much from the witch in that moment, but not knowing what else he could really say without this being a public affair.

"You don't have to say a word, if you don't want to, but... please, just hear me out?" He added, trying to make it abundantly clear that his expectations were not that of a friendly, two-sided conversation, but simply to be heard out.

If Nerisei did not like what she heard... They could move on from there.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei)   Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei) EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 10:13 pm

Life was a very difficult trip, Nerisei learned. It didn't matter how hard you tried to balance everything, sometimes. Somehow, life always found a way to cause you pain, or catch you off guard. For Nerisei, it was both.

Her Fifth Year had ended on a very sad note. Things with Dimitri had gone south, and even though she had Anne to check up on her all the time, Nerisei just didn't feel okay. It was true, that after they had cut all contact, Nerisei tried to get over him by spending some time with the kind man she had met at the party, Jacques Clement. After all, Mimosa had urged them to spend sometime together and Neri could simply not refuse the young Slytherin. Jacques was so different to Dimitri. He was sweet to her, always looked after her and never kept his 'feelings' a mystery. One way or another, Nerisei would always be able to detect what exactly he wanted from her, and that was a refreshing turn of events. With Dimitri, it was a constant attempt of decryption, something that simply drove the Ravenclaw witch nuts, eventually.

But even that happiness came to an end sooner or late.

Nerisei wasn't hoping for something permanent with him. She knew, after everything she had been through with Mitri, that you never had a possible future with Purebloods, especially royal ones. Therefore, when Jacques started going silent on her, it didn't affect her as much as someone would expect. This time, she was prepared for the loss. The only problem was that she was once again, left alone, attempting to fill the void Dimitri had left. A void that no one else could really fill. The Ravenclaw wizard had managed to set roots deep inside her heart, and even though she had been deeply hurt by his antics, she still missed his presence terribly.

Dimitri was Dimitri. And no one could replace him.

The witch, though, was not going to make a move to try and reconcile, especially after the way he had spoken to her. No matter how mad he had been, he should of never had called her a whore. After everything they had been through, he should have known better. But no, Dimitri being the spoiled, Pureblood, idiotic male he was, had to go ahead and make a scene, in the middle of the Library nonetheless. No, Nerisei refused to cave in to her feelings and forgive him. She wouldn't let this go. If he wanted to be part of her life, he would have to try. Hard. Second chances were not easily handed.

Life had taught her that much.

Therefore the whole of Sixth Year, Nerisei hid herself away from people once again, hiding in books and in her music. Obviously, most of the pieces she played were melancholic ones, and the couple of pieces she had managed to compose where sad melodies, written for Dimitri's ears. Oh, how she hoped he would walk in the music room during one of her practices. How she wanted him to just accompany her. Not say a word. Let the music do all of the talking. But that never happened.

Anne had been her sole guardian through the tough times. Her brother had graduated, meaning he was no where to be seen. Though, technically, their relationship had grown colder after the letter she had received from her father. Neri knew that Ivan was trying to protect her, by being away from her, and even though the witch had told him time and time again that this wasn't the solution to the problem, her brother refused to hear her out. And so, the once inseparable siblings were now separated, leaving Nerisei alone, to deal with her heartbreak. But that did have its positives, since Ivan would of probably found a way to beat Dimitri into a pulp, if he knew what the male had done to her.

The year ended in silence, and there they were, already moving towards the train. Anne was by her side, as always, whilst Nerisei was lost, book in one hand suitcase in the other. "Neri, you're going to trip over something."

"No, I won't." Nerisei insisted, as she kept walking down the platform.

"Nerisei!"

That made the witch stop in her tracks. She knew that voice very well. A voice that had not spoken her name in over a year.

Her eyes moved up to find Dimitri already in front of her, pleading for a chance to be heard. Anne was scowling at him, ready to murder him, making Neri wonder whether there was something being left unsaid between the duo. But she couldn't know.

"You don't have to say a word, if you don't want to, but... please, just hear me out?"

"Neri, don't. Let's get on the train. Tom and Helen are wai-"

"I want to hear what he has to say." Nerisei interrupted Anne, giving her a small reassuring smile and a nod. "Go. I will find you."

Anne stared at Nerisei for a couple of minutes, her eyes darting back to Dimitri with anger, before she nodded at her friend and moved onto the train. The threat towards the male remained unsaid, but it was evident to everyone. If he said something to cause her more pain, Anne wouldn't stop herself this time and Dimitri would probably end in a really bad shape.

"You have ten minutes."

That was all the time she had to offer.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei)   Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei) EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 6:57 pm

Dimitri's eyes moved only slightly when Anne finally gave in to leaving the two of them alone, half expecting a back lash from the fiery witch, but it didn't come. Instead, his eyes moved back to Nerisei. This is the closest he'd been to the witch since their argument, and the time had done nothing less than make the witch look more beautiful in the months they'd been apart.

The wizard had to steal himself from looking too pleased with himself when Nerisei had agreed to at least hear him out, knowing that looking much too confident or self-assured would do nothing to aid the conversation he was about to undertake with the witch.

"You have ten minutes."

"Thank you," Dimitri replied softly, moving aside from the main foot traffic of students so they could be afforded some privacy in that moment. Plus, it was a filler, whilst he tried to work out how best to start the conversation they should have had more than a year ago. There really wasn't a good place to start, though, and Dimitri found himself still trying to figure it out as a few moments passed in a somewhat awkwardly charged moment.

"I shouldn't have said what I said." Dimitri started, already ready to wave away a retort that Nerisei might offer to that statement. "I was trying to hurt you, because you'd hurt me with what you'd done. But, you were right, it was my fault. Through all that happened it was all my fault because I couldn't find the right words to say in the right moment.

"I still can't..." Dimitri offered, the hint of a smile playing on his lips that would appear as soon as it arrived if Nerisei's features didn't show a hint of amusement. "I know it's very easy to excuse myself with the notion of not wanting to talk about how I feel, but I know that that is not going to make things better for me... for us, but you were right. I hadn't asked you to be my girlfriend, so what right did I have to say you were my girlfriend?

"But when you were with Jacques, I realised that that had been what I wanted. You, you were what I wanted, you as my girlfriend. I'd lost you to him, and that stung. I understand now, though, you wanted someone to cherish you in the way I couldn't, you thought... you thought I wasn't interested enough in you...

"That's not true, Nerisei." The boy whispered, not daring to reach forward to the witch in that moment because he knew well enough how fiery Nerisei's temper could be.

"The night in the Prefect's bathroom. It wasn't you, it was me. I wanted to give you the world that night, but... my body wouldn't keep up with us. I didn't know how to tell you at the time, I was embarrassed to find myself in that situation, truthfully. The offer to return to the common room was not because of something you'd done, but because I didn't know how to tell you that I couldn't..."

Dimitri just let the statement sit, knowing he didn't need to be crass with the situation to get his point across.

"You were right when you said I didn't fight hard enough to get you back, I should have stayed and told you all of this at that point, but I grew scared of admitting the problem was mine. What would happen if I couldn't fix it, and we ended up the same way again the next time? I thought... I thought you would come back to me, I was stupid to think you would, and you didn't. The anger at that, added to the news of your relationship with Jacques was just too much to bear.

"I shouldn't have lashed out like I did, Nerisei. I'm sorry for calling you a whore, you are not, you have never been. I know the apology comes more than a year too late, you've probably moved on, you probably couldn't care less about me, and that is fine, but I wanted to apologise for what I'd said." Dimitri finalised, reaching awkwardly to play with the cuff of his shirt.

"I won't keep you any longer." He added, to make sure she knew he'd said all he had to say.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei)   Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei) EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 8:27 pm

Truthfully, Nerisei did not know what to expect when she made the decision to stay and listen to whatever Dimitri wanted to tell her. From the way he was looking at her though, the Ravenclaw witch did not expect him to lash out, or accuse her of more things. But the wizard was a mystery, therefore the young woman decided to keep her poker face on, more so for her safety than his.

"I shouldn't have said what I said."

"Oh, please. Spare m-"

But Dimitri stopped her before she could really finish that sentence.

"I was trying to hurt you, because you'd hurt me with what you'd done. But, you were right, it was my fault. Through all that happened it was all my fault because I couldn't find the right words to say in the right moment.

"I still can't..."

Nerisei bit her tongue. She knew that she had agreed to give him a few minutes to talk but he had barely spoken two words and the familiar feeling of anger and pain was already taking over her. Part of her believed that if Dimitri admitted that he was wrong, she would actually feel better about the whole situation. That didn't mean she would forgive him, but her anger would, for once, be justified. She believed, that if Dimitri accepted his mistakes, she would be able to move on and feel... better. About the past, about herself...

But even as the wizard stood there, regret plastered all over his face, telling her over and over again that it was indeed his fault things had come down to this, Nerisei did not feel any better with herself. She actually felt worse, much, much worse.

"But when you were with Jacques, I realised that that had been what I wanted. You, you were what I wanted, you as my girlfriend. I'd lost you to him, and that stung. I understand now, though, you wanted someone to cherish you in the way I couldn't, you thought... you thought I wasn't interested enough in you...

"That's not true, Nerisei."

And this was, exactly, why she hated herself. Because the moment the Pureblood wizard admitted to liking her, to wanting her as his girlfriend, to being jealous that he had lost her to another man, all because he was too proud... That exact moment, Nerisei felt her heart skip a beat and her eyes water. Because everyone -apparently everyone else except for Dimitri- knew that she had not managed, even a year later, to move forward. She hadn't managed to get over the boy that had stole her mind, before he stole her heart.

And all his words did, was make her want to throw herself into his arms.

Except, she should be doing the complete opposite.

As the final apology left his lips, though, Nerisei suddenly felt worried. Was he going to just blurt all that out and just... leave? Again? How many times was he going to leave her, before he realised he had been the only man she wanted from the very beginning?

"I won't keep you any longer."

"Ty durak." Nerisei mumbled, calling the boy a fool. Her eyes, that had moved away from his face when the tears threatened to fall, moved back up to look at him in the eyes. Oh, how she had missed him. The brown pools she was staring into, his soft lips, the scent of his cologne that filled her nose every time he pulled her close...

"What took you so fucking long...?" Neri asked, voice breaking towards the end. "I waited, Dimitri. I waited for you. Even after what you said. I knew you were mad, of course I did. But you had no right calling me such degrading words! You knew I hadn't... I haven't..."

...haven't had sex with anyone. But the witch trailed off, leaving the words unspoken. She did not need, nor did she want to get into more details about that. But how could things go back to how they used to be, when it was evident that even if they tried, there would be no future for them? "You wouldn't have called me that, if I were a Pureblood. You wouldn't have hesitated to be with me, if my blood status was different, Mitri. So how do you expect me to forgive you? What do you want from me? You made it clear that I can't be with you, so why do you say all these things now? Last time I checked, it's been over a year of silence on your part, and I still am the same old Muggleborn your Pureblood circle so despises.

"So, please. Enlighten me. What has changed now?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei)   Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei) EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 6:46 pm

Nerisei did not move away from him when he'd finished speaking, but her eyes showed her emotions clearly enough. The tears that threatened made Dimitri feel terrible all over again, and though none had fallen, he'd brought tears to Nerisei's eyes, and for that, he couldn't feel anything less than ashamed of himself.

But still, Dimitri did not move closer to the witch.

Instead he waited for the response from the witch that was coming, and as the words left the witch's lips, Dimitri knew they had been coming all along. Why? Why now? When he could not bring himself to do it before this moment, why had he chosen now, as they were about to board the train home for the summer, and the next six weeks would be spent apart, why had he waited so long?

There was no answer to that, and the hesitation would have been clear in his demeanour as he tried to find the answer to the question that he'd asked himself before.

"I did try," Dimitri replied softly to the accusation of being silent. "I tried to come to talk to you, but Anne turned me away." It had only been once, it should have been more than once, but the boy had taken Anne's frostiness as the answer to whether he should continue trying. Surely if Anne was not going to allow him up, then Nerisei did not want anything to do with him? But the logic, even now, was stupid, and only showed that he had not tried hard enough to win Nerisei back after all of this time.

"So, please. Enlighten me. What has changed now?"

Nothing...

Dimitri didn't know how to say that out loud, though, admitting that nothing had changed would do nothing to help him in that moment.

"Nerisei, I know... I know that our circumstances are not ideal. I can't do anything to change them, but... that doesn't mean I don't have feelings for you. I'm not asking you for anything, I can't give you anything, but I just... I don't know, I thought that perhaps we could start to talk again, spend time together perhaps.

"I don't know, Nerisei, I really don't. I just know that I wanted, no needed to apologise to you, before any more time passed and I was too late." Dimitri finalised, not knowing what more he could say. The world did not change over night, or even in a year, but that didn't mean he couldn't try to make amends for everything he'd done up until now.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei)   Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei) EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 6:50 pm

"I tried to come to talk to you, but Anne turned me away."

Nerisei did not try to hide the surprise that touched her features at that sentence. The Ravenclaw witch had believed that Dimitri had given up on her, as much as she had. After everything that had gone down between the two of them, Neri did not believe that he would come back to talk to her. He avoided her in the castle, during lessons, and to be fair, she was fine with that. It made things easier to handle. It made the pain easier to forget. But as he admitted that he had indeed tried to talk to her, and it was Anne, of all people, that had cast him away, the witch felt angry.

Anne had no right to do as such, and even if she did it for Nerisei's own good, for her protection, someone would say, but it was still a decision that Nerisei had to make. Not her friend. And this was why Nerisei made a mental note to have a serious talk with Anne and set some boundaries. She was her friend, not her mother and definitely not her bodyguard.

Dimitri kept on talking though, but nothing new came out of his mouth. Same old, same old, and Nerisei's anger grew with every word that slipped past his lips. Nothing had truly changed, there was nothing he could truly offer her, nothing he could promise her, yet he expected that by expressing his feelings, she would be running right back to him. As if he had never hurt her. As if nothing had happened.

"I don't know, Nerisei, I really don't. I just know that I wanted, no needed to apologise to you, before any more time passed and I was too late."

"And what makes you think that you're not?" Perhaps this wasn't what Dimitri expected to hear, but it was the harsh truth. He had messed up big time, more than once, and Nerisei was not in the mood to be forgiving. He had to earn his chance. Nothing was going to be given freely anymore. Especially seconds chances, that lead to no actual future. "If you want to stay in contact, Moreau, you'll have to earn it. And believe me, it won't be easy."

Taking a deep breath, Nerisei's eyes darted from Dimitri to the Hogwarts Express, ready to leave in a few minutes. "We should board the train. I am not going to help you this time. You want a chance to be in my life? Fight for it. Goodbye, Dimitri." Nerisei mumbled softly, pushing past the wizard but halting a few meters away. "Be careful..." Was the last thing she said, before she boarded the train.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei)   Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorry Seems to Be... The Hardest Word (Nerisei)
Page 1 of 1