Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Look at these phtograhs ( One shot)
Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis) Emptyby Tessa Greene Today at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vanessa Clement
Adult
Adult
Vanessa Clement

Birthday : 1973-06-22
Job/hobbies : The Lady Clement

Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis) Empty
PostSubject: Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis)   Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 1:25 pm

“You did a very kind thing today, darling,” Vanessa praised as she rode alongside her son on a white purebred mare, side saddle in the typical fashion expected of her. Jacques, only a few months older than ten, rode on a large pony, managing the reigns expertly to keep near his mother so she wouldn’t have to speak louder to be heard. They were in Lyon for the occasion, but instead of riding along on their own estate, they were in the fields of a lesser cousin.

One of Lynnette Clement’s third cousins had hosted a birthday party for their sixteen year old as a poor excuse to show off his dressage skills only for Jacques to volunteer for the competition and soundly beat his distant relative in nearly every category save the important one. The little boy had thrown the match in such a way that even his older cousin had been embarrassed at excepting the award for best in show.

“Winning seemed to matter a great deal to him, it doesn’t matter to real winners,” her son replied casually, brushing off his mother’s compliment. Even at ten, Jacques had no need of external validation; he knew his worth better than everyone else.

“If only more people understood that,” Vanessa lamented softly. It never failed to amaze her how intelligent and insightful her son was. Every day he would reveal a little more of what he knew and what he believed, and it would be the most gratifying thing his mother had ever heard, until he did it again. “You know I am going to be terribly sad when you go off to Beauxbaton in the summer right?” she asked, the love and sincerity ringing deep in her soft tone. Every time she thought of her son leaving, the sadness would creep in. A sadness that couldn’t be kept from those around her even if she tried.

The boy gently nudged his pony, pulling it to a stop. Reaching over, he took the reins of the mare as well, halting Vanessa’s steed before reaching out to squeeze her arm. “You’ll have Elenore, Maman,” he reassured her and even Vanessa could see that he knew his reassurances were empty. Despite her never saying a word about his sister’s differences, Jacques knew they were not the same.

“I suppose I will just have tp move into your sister’s room to fill the emptiness,” the witch joked, reaching out to fondly brush her son’s hair lightly before returning her hands to her horse. Both mother and son laughed a little at her comment, they both knew how much it would annoy little Elenore to have her mother with her all the time. “Speaking of which, we really should be getting back to your Papa and sister-“

The sound of a loud crack interrupted her, sending the message that this property was not protected against apparition. But before she could navigate her horse to shield the child and his pony, her grey eyes found the source of the commotion.

And she froze.

For there stood the man she had seen almost a year and a half ago, and this time, he looked like he was ready to commit murder.

“Vanessa,” Kit Harrington called out coldly, his eyes burning with anger, his face pale and harsh against the cloudy February day. It was clear to see that he was only restraining himself due to the presence of a child. “May I speak to you, alone?”

The brunette could feel Jacques’ uncertain gaze on her, torn between staying by his mother and going to fetch someone better equipped to deal with this stranger. Ignoring the American, Lady Clement turned to her son.

“Jacques, darling, could you please go fetch your Papa. I’ll be alright.” Jacques looked at her, then the man once more before nodding. A minute later, his pony was racing back to the main keep where Louis was with Elenore.

“How can I help you, Monsieur Harrington?” the witch turned to Kit once more, looking down at him from her place atop her mare, her fingers ready on the reigns in case she needed a quick escape.

“You could be less of a lying, scheming, monster,” Kit offered, his eyes still as cold as hell freezing over.

Come Plot With Me <3
Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis) Rsz_ve10
Back to top Go down
Louis Clement
Adult
Adult
Louis Clement

Birthday : 1973-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis)   Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 1:26 pm

The sixteenth name day, for any child, was an important one. For the heir of a house, it was the coming of age that signified that the boy had now become a man, and was ready to take over from his father when the time came. For many young women, it was the signal that they could not be married off to other influential families in the country -- or further afar if the need arose.

For the Clements -- or, the main line -- only one of these was true. Jacques' sixteenth birthday would be a very important day for the Clement's because he would legally be able to take Louis' place when the time came. But, unlike many other families in this social status, their daughter would not be subjected to the same fate as her peers.

No, Elenore Lissette Clement would never be shipped out of the Palace in such a manner. Louis had decided that for his daughter the moment he'd seen her.

The four of them had left for Lyon in February for the farce that was the birthday party of a distant relative Louis could no longer be bothered to recite in his head. There was no Clement interesting enough for his attention, truthfully, except for the three he'd travelled with.

It was a farce in Louis' eyes because a competition had been set up in an effort to bring the son's prowess atop a horse to light -- as if this was something anyone looked for in a husband -- only for Jacques to win every round, bar one, to save his cousin face. Louis had had to bite down the smile on his lips as their son lost the final round on purpose, obviously knowing he couldn't beat his cousin at his name day party completely.

Louis had mentioned to Vanessa, in a soft whisper as they applauded the 'winner' to the final round, of how like his Maman Jacques was, because Louis would not have been so merciful.

As the boys worked with their steeds, the young ladies turned to their own activities. Embroidery was something the girls sat together to do one day -- something Louis had had to excuse himself from looking after Elenore to go and speak with one of his second or third cousins instead. By the time he'd come back, Elenore had embroidered the most complicated of designs in to her fabric for a seven year old, the other girls were clearly envious, or else asking for tips from the young witch, who was happy to explain how she had done it.

From there came languages, each parent showing off the capabilities of their children. Elenore's eyes had sought out her father's as she spoke in no fewer than five languages with ease in small conversation. Elenore was not completely fluent in them all, no, but that had not been the expectation of the day. By her sixth, the young witch was struggling, but she'd bested more than enough of her cousins for Louis to be proud of her as she came back.

It was the archery that had come out of the blue. Elenore had come to her Papa that morning with the question ready on her lips, her features schooled in to the cutest of ways that didn't even need the question to be finished before Louis' answer had been ready.

"Papa, some of the boys are going to the archery range. Please might I join them for the competition?" The seven year old witch had asked, her tone showing she knew it might not be appropriate, but if she, the second heir of the Clement name could join in with her father's blessing, no one would dare to question it.

"Oui, Elenore, oui." Louis had replied softly to her. "So long as your Papa can watch?"

The smile that broke out on the young witch's lips was something Louis couldn't help but return as she took his hand and led him -- without dragging -- to the archery range where the boys had already started their game. It took a few moments, but Elenore was admitted in to the ranks soon after, and not without surprise, Elenore's capabilities shone through as she jumped through the tables with ease.

By lunch time that day, Elenore had caught up with the boys, and with only a few sets left to go, there was little else the young witch could talk about then how she could (possibly) win this. She just had to focus. Keeping Elenore quiet in times of excitement was difficult, but Louis let it slide whilst her mother was away, the child was held to such high expectations so often, it wouldn't hurt to allow her to enjoy herself.

The afternoon was enjoyable, watching his daughter do the thing she loved whilst he enjoyed the soft chit chat of business around him. Of course, the family wanted to ensure they were considered when Elenore and Jacques came of age. Louis had made non-committal responses to each offer, before he moved the conversation elsewhere.

Vanessa had taken the afternoon to spend with Jacques, and Louis was rest assured that nothing untoward could happen whilst his wife was away when she departed.

So, to say his blood ran cold on the galloping appearance of his son was an understatement. Louis was on his feet and beside his son before anyone else had moved, helping the boy down from his pony.

"What is it?" Louis whispered urgently to Jacques, eyes searching his son's in that moment because the world was not right. The world was making it impossibly hard for him to breath in a normal rhythm...

"Maman," Jacques said, eyes wary because his father's were not their usual calm self. "There was a man. He apparated in to the grounds whilst we were riding." The child explained. "The man with the American accent, Papa, that came to the Palace uninvited."

Louis' jaw set in that moment, clearly not happy to have heard this. It was not Jacques' fault, though, it could never be the children's fault.

"Papa..." Jacques whispered softly.

"It's okay." Louis lied easily, pushing a smile on to his features that could never meet his eyes. "I need you to look after Elenore for me, okay? She's practicing her archery. If I'm not back before she has finished, I want you to excuse both of you, and go to our rooms and wait for Maman and I there, okay?"

"Papa." Jacques replied firmly, showing he understood.

"Where will I find your Maman, Jacques?" Louis added before the boy could leave.

"The estate fields, towards the edge of the estate. We were just starting to head back, Papa." Jacques replied, and Louis could hear the note of worry that they had done something wrong. Shaking his head slightly, Louis affirmed without speaking that his son should not worry. With a small bow of his head, Jacques hurried off to his sister, and Louis took off in the opposite direction.

A few steps out of eye sight, Louis apparated to the edge of the estate, and then started inwards.

He'd find Vanessa, and he'd find her quickly, because now he was away from the throng of magical people concentrated in a small space, he'd be able to find Ven with ease.

And if Kenneth Harrington was still there, Louis sincerely hoped the man knew what was about to hit him.

~ Lord Clement ~ Profile ~ 55 ~
Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis) Signat10
Thank you to the amazing Ruby for the signatures! <3
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Clement
Adult
Adult
Vanessa Clement

PostSubject: Re: Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis)   Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 1:26 pm

His words surprised her more than caused any actual damage. The last time Vanessa had laid eyes on this man, he was a lost, desperate father willing to go to any length to retrieve his daughter. Now he looked livid. A veneer of calm was already spreading all over the witch, she knew how to exude hostility without resorting to looking out of control. Where his eyes shone with fire, her’s were grey steel, reflecting his anger back at him.

“And what have I done to offend you so?” She had known about the girl, of course she did. Their investigators had told Louis that Azalea had been found. And aside from shedding a tear of gratitude to the Gods, Vanessa had not spoken of it to anyone. She had her own children now, and they were her priority.

“You really don’t know, Vanessa?” He spat out, taking steps closer to her mount, the stench of betrayal coming off his person in waves that would have driven a weaker woman to faint. Lady Clement was not weak, and he would be remiss if he mistook her for the creature he’d found in America all those years ago. She was no longer that creature.

“I’m sure I don’t have to remind you to observe proper etiquette, Monsieur. You will address me by my station or not at all.”

“Your… Station,” the words came out strangled as his tall frame neared her still and then, in one quick moment his hands were on her waist, roughly pulling her down from the horse. Prepared for something untoward, Vanessa had already activated the one hex she was all too familiar with, the stinging hex through which Grandmere had taught her all she knew. Even as he touched her, angry red welts appeared on his fingers but the pain did not seem to deter Kit Harrington. He was beyond feeling pain.

The beast neighed frightfully underneath her as her body slid off it and into the American’s grip, Vanessa struggling to free herself but with little success. The horse, thoroughly spooked, raced off as soon as her feet were on the ground, her arms and shoulders still stolidly in Kit’s steadily reddening hands. “Our daughter is dead and all you can do is inform me of your station?” The words came out a swear, like the worst kind of swear and for a moment, Vanessa was struck by their meaning.

‘Dead?”

“Azalea is dead and it’s all because of you. Or is it untrue that you never told me who her mother was?” This time, the words were not as angry as they were sharp, jagged, aimed to cut. “Lady Clement,” he added, spitting out her title in distaste.

Azalea was dead. Their investigator had only informed them that she had been found. Nothing of her wellbeing… Azalea was dead. Her daughter was dead. Unwittingly, an image of Elenore came to mind, making the witch close her eyes and shake her head. Elenore was fine, she was with her Papa. Nothing would happen to the little girl.

Unlike Azalea.

“You won’t even deny it, will you?” He growled, his face so close to her, she could feel the heat exuding off his skin. The faint smell of singed flesh caught her attention. His fingers were burning, her dress was burning in his grasp and he wasn’t letting go. “It wouldn’t have been hard to drop a note letting me know that our fuck fest resulted in a child. Even if you didn’t want her. I spent the last twenty years of my life with my daughter, not knowing. And you’re responsible for that.”

The witch remained quiet, still processing the “dead” portion of the information, feeling the heat burn from his skin to hers, leaving dark crimson stains through singed holes in her woolen cape and sleeves on her ivory skin.

Come Plot With Me <3
Back to top Go down
Louis Clement
Adult
Adult
Louis Clement

PostSubject: Re: Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis)   Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 1:27 pm

As soon as Louis' feet had landed back on the ground, they were moving back in towards the estate. His eyes were roving the scenery from left to right, trying to find Vanessa as quickly as possible. His stride had lengthened in to a jog after a moment, and then faster the second later.

It took too long, Louis knew, to find his wife, but after a few minutes, his eyes landed on the duo he had been searching for.

The mare that Vanessa had ridden out of the stables had gone, the question of where would be answered later. The more pressing matter came as Louis' eyes landed on the fact Kit Harrington had his hands on Vanessa. Louis' temper -- which had already been above boiling point at the arrival of the American after Louis' very clear instructions not to approach his family without prior warning -- tipped over the edge in that moment.

The sound of Kit's voice could be heard, but no words registered. Louis' vision blinded by red that he knew would not be desirable in the image of Lord Clement. Louis had warned Kit Harrington, though, and as Louis came within a few feet, the smell of burned flesh permeated the air.

"Ven." Louis growled, letting her know he was there in the moment he forced himself between the two of them, disentangling the two at the cost of a stinging hex in multiple areas of his body. He did not falter as he repelled Kit from the witch, separating them in that moment with the use of wandless, non-verbal magic. "ESt ce que ça-" Louis' question fell away as his eyes landed on the reddened marks on Vanessa's arms.

Had Louis been seeing red before, it was nothing compared to the white hot anger coursing through his veins in that moment.

A greater head of the house would have kept his temper.

A greater Lord Clement would have put the family name before all else.

But Louis Clement was not the greatest man to be appointed to the role of Head of the Clement name. He had never been the rightful heir. His life in the shadow of his brother had allowed some of his emotions to go uncontrolled for the simple fact no one had ever believed that he would sit where Dominic should have. It was for that simple reason that punch swung and connecting with Kit Harrington's jaw had not been a surprising one of the man who's temper had cost him ten years of his life away from Vanessa.

"Enfoiré." Louis spat at the American wizard as he took another step forward. There was no way Kenneth Harrington was getting anywhere near Vanessa without first going through him, and to do that, it would mean killing the Frenchman where he stood. But Louis had not finished as his now aching fist readied itself once more.

Was ready to make it's mark.

"Louis."

The sound of Vanessa's voice, as ever, was the only way in which Louis' temper would fizzle out. His hand lowering to his side as he kept his eyes on Kit. He'd killed a man for less, his mind, his body was ready to do more than simply put Kit out of his misery in that moment, but unlike the last time, Vanessa was here, lending him her calming influence as he took in American wizard with vast distaste.

"I told you to stay away." Louis insisted, breathing heavy a the adrenaline flooded his body. His eyes did not move from Kit as he waited. Waited for a reasonable explanation -- not that there would ever be an explanation good enough to allow pain to be inflicted on his wife -- or Vanessa's retraction of her calming warning.

No one touched Vanessa without Louis' wrath coming down on them, and Kenneth Harrington had done more than that.

Enfoiré. -- Bastard

Back to top Go down
Vanessa Clement
Adult
Adult
Vanessa Clement

PostSubject: Re: Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis)   Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 1:27 pm

Through the dull dead haze surrounding her, Vanessa felt the red before Louis came into view, fluidly launching himself between her and Kit. To the American’s credit, he did not back down where braver men would have taken many steps back at Louis’ rage. The Lord Clement’s eyes took in the singed fabric of his wife’s sleeve for only a second before his first connected with the person responsible for the injury. The sickening crunch of bone meeting bone zapped Vanessa out of her reverie.

Louis was in danger, if not from Kit than from himself. He could not lose himself again, not because of a mistake she made. The Frenchman was getting ready to pull another punch when she quietly uttered his name, knowing that no matter what state of mind he was in, he would always hear her when she needed him to. As If on instinct, the Lord Clement stopped, glancing her way to retain some of the calm she was exuding. Vanessa had no idea where her own serenity was coming from, all she knew was that Louis needed it right now and so she would produce as much of it as she could.

Kit, standing opposite them now with a dented jawline and a lip merely at the beginning of what promised to be a solid swelling, looked at both of them with pure loathing in his dark eyes. “You wouldn’t be so quick to defend her if you knew what she did” he hissed, his eyes now on Louis instead of the witch. “She failed to disclose my daughter to me, my daughter. Who is dead now while she’s here playing fucking house!”

The haze was returning now that Louis was calm; the dead haze that threatened to swallow her whole at the idea of her daughter dead. Not that Kit would care, his reality was his and there was little Vanessa could do about it. Little she would do about it because in the end, he was right. She was his criminal, and Azalea’s.

“And don’t bother warning me to stay away,” the American’s voice cut through the haze, forcing her to focus. “There’s nothing I’d prefer more than to never set eyes on the two of you again. I have my granddaughter, and she’s all I need.“ This time, the words stung far more than her own stinging hex ever would. Vanessa may have hurt him but he was no better. He’d been withholding this precise information for maximum damage.

“I’ll take your leave now, Lord and Lady Clement,” the American finally spat out. “And if I never see you both again, it will be too soon. For two such deplorable people, you truly deserve each other.” It was just after his crack of dissaperation that Vanessa felt her knees give out and her vision blur. The grey day turned dark, the cold grass tickled her skin. All sounds around her faded, only one word remained.

“Granddaughter.”

Come Plot With Me <3
Back to top Go down
Louis Clement
Adult
Adult
Louis Clement

PostSubject: Re: Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis)   Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 1:28 pm

"That's the beauty of love, I'd defend her to hell and back before considering it." Louis spat back at the American -- Vanessa might have calmed him from beating the other man again and again, but she would not stop him from defending her verbally. Because no matter what, Louis would never, ever stop defending them from the world.

"And you fool yourself in thinking I didn't know." Louis added, making sure to put salt deeply in to the wounds Kit Harrington was bearing, because the man had done so, so much worse than that.

The news that Azalea was dead, though, made Louis stop. Realising now why Vanessa had not been struggling against the pain Kenneth had been inflicting on her person. She'd not stopped him because she had been hollowed out with the pain of losing a child. Louis had half turned towards Vanessa in that moment, ready to comfort her from the horrors in which she'd been dealt so cruelly.

But it was the ground shaking news that their daughter had had a child that stopped Louis from moving any further. A grandchild....

Their first...

"What did you ju-" But before Louis could ask the question, Kit had disapparated.

Instinct pulled Louis' body round, his arms catching Vanessa before she fell more than a foot and cradling her to him as her body went limp. "Ven..." Louis whispered softly, but it didn't matter, she would not hear him. Very few things could bring the Lady Clement to her knees, but Louis knew that this would shake her harder than anything they had ever gone through.

It took a few moments for Louis to get himself under control. Catching up. Processing. Whilst his mind processed what had just happened, his hands moved on their own accord, healing the wounds that had been inflicted by the American wizard. The dress remained stained, burned, singed, but Louis didn't care for that.

After he'd rectified what he could, the Lord apparated back to the house, to the rooms they'd been given for their stay. It took less than an hour for the Maester to see to Vanessa, to heal those wounds Louis hadn't managed. To bring the Lady back to consciousness, long enough to get her to consume Milk of the Poppy to render her unconscious.

Louis had excused his family for the remainder of their scheduled stay -- calling up some lie of business. The children were taken back to the Palace by their Nannies. Louis apparated himself and Vanessa home, their staff collecting their possessions and following the day after.

The children were kept away for the day after, and Louis had sat waiting for the medicine to wear off.

Explaining all of it to Vanessa had been painful. Louis had felt like the monster Kit had accused him of being as he recounted it all, holding Vanessa as she grieved for the child they'd never had the chance to call their own. As her slender frame shook in his arms, Louis had known there was nothing he could say or do that would make the situation better.

Vanessa had to grieve, and he would stay with her through it all.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis)   Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis) Empty

Back to top Go down

Lyon -- Winter 2015 (Louis)
Page 1 of 1