Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 2:52 am

Naomi took a deep breath under the ladder to the unused Divination classroom. It had been deserted for a few years, as the school hadn't employed a Divination teacher in a few years. She was sure that it would be horribly dusty, but that wasn't what made her pause.

It was the visions that she was going, for the first time in her life, to invite instead of avoid.

Her vision concerning Professor Jake had shown her that her power was getting stronger, and, as much as she hated it, Naomi knew she couldn't ignore a power that was growing. Steeling herself, she climbed the ladder, pulled down the trap door, and heaved herself into the abandoned classroom.

Predictably, it was dusty, though less so than she had thought. The House Elves must come up to clean occasionally. Nevertheless, she left the trap door open and opened some windows to allow air to flow through the stale space.

Opening one of the many books she had either bought or borrowed from the library, Naomi glanced through it. The most pertinent thing seemed to be a branch of Divination called oneiromancy, or dream interpretation, but that seemed to be for interpreting normal dreams, not actual visions. She closed the book and chose another.

Most of the magical books just left her frustrated, so she decided to try a few Muggle ones instead. Naomi had already leafed through a few of these and brought along some materials she hoped would help: hematite for grounding, lapis lazuli for accessing her higher mind as well as a desire for truth, and amethyst to help open herself up to the visions. She didn't really know what to do with them, so she just held the stones in her hand. Another book recommended burning dried elfwort to help with divination, so she lit a small fire in her cauldron and tossed some elfwort in, waiting for the smoke to somewhat fill the air.

After preparing as well as she could, Naomi decided she would try to See something; a prospect that made her tremble to think about. She had never purposely invited a vision before and she was nervous. Sitting cross-legged, with her palms face up on her knees (one with the stones still balanced on it), Naomi concentrated on slowing her breathing and trying to recapture the feel of a vision.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 7:54 pm

Finding the quiet areas of the castle had been difficult for Jacques. The higher you went, the more likely you were to run in to an idiot Gryffindor. Which meant you were much more likely to get in to trouble. He was still working on blending with the shadows, so on more than one occasion he'd been caught.

But that didn't deter him.

Jacques had found that the most quiet area of the castle was, without a doubt, the Divination classroom. Not many people liked to hang around the area, and thus it meant quiet. This was where Jacques had taken to studying. It had desks already there, and the house elves didn't mind bringing you food every once in a while. He could get his work done, or he could look out across the grounds from the window.

If anyone saw, they would probably say he looked like his father when he did that, but Jacques wasn't aware of the likeness himself.

Today, however, was one of the days that Jacques was studying, out of the way of everyone, in the corner of the room, overlooked by everyone as he sat in the shadows.

Until someone came.

Frowning, Jacques stayed still, watching the Ravenclaw from his classes curiously. What would she be doing up here? The longer he watched, Jacques didn't get much of a clue, until the witch sat, with stones in her hand, eyes closed.

The smell from the cauldron made Jacques nose turn up a little, and quietly, he moved and sat down opposite the witch. Still watching. Waiting. Until.

"What are you doing?" Jacques asked, curiosity getting the better of his vow of silence to the other students at Hogwarts.

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 11:14 pm

Blue and yellow robes whipping through the air, cold air on her cheeks...

Snow flying through the air, about to hit-

Naomi jumped, sending the stones scattering across the floor, her eyes flying open to see a young Slytherin boy, clearly the one who had spoken to her. She quickly dropped her eyes to the floor, blushing. Using her moment of scrabbling for the stones to collect herself, she thought up a decent excuse. It technically wan't even a lie.

"Meditating," she answered quietly, still staring at the floor. Naomi took a moment to be glad that all the spines of her books were facing away from the boy, although it wouldn't take much maneuvering to see their titles. She studied him from under her eyelashes. He was the French one, she thought, the arrogant one who hadn't bowed to the hippogriff in her Care of Magical Creatures class, yet somehow managed not to get savaged. "What are you doing here?" she finally asked quietly when he seemed in no hurry to leave.

Last edited by Naomi O'Hare on Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 8:47 pm

When the girl jumped, Jacques frowned to himself. Everyone seemed to lose themselves when he turned up. Ellie always seemed to fall over. Felix had nearly jumped out of her skin. And now this one. Everyone in this castle was so jumpy, it didn't make much sense, what with it being haunted and ghosts popping up from nowhere.

The answer was one that made Jacques smirk though.

"You're lying." He told her, because he was almost certain the stones weren't something to do with meditating. But, he couldn't be completely sure.

"What are you doing here?"

"I use the classroom to get homework done. Nobody ever comes up here." Jacques explained, still trying to master the technique of giving only just the right amount of information out. This time he'd probably said too much, but he couldn't be sure. "Well, nobody except you. You disturbed my space." Jacques explained, giving a small shrug that would have horrified his mother.

Everyone seemed to do it here though.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 7:23 pm

"I'm not," Naomi replied instantly, giving herself away even more with the prompt denial. Although she really wasn't lying, meditating wasn't the full answer and she didn't have the confidence to carry the half-truth off. She was still staring at the floor, unable to look the boy in the eyes. He had the air of someone who was very self-assured and that made her pull into her shell even more.

When he answered her question, Naomi ducked her head even further down. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you," she said quietly. She knew how it felt to need a quiet space away from others and she felt terrible for invading his. "I didn't even notice you were here. I can leave?" She finally glanced up to gauge his reaction. Although she really did feel bad for interrupting him, she also didn't know where else she could go to try to induce her visions without being interrupted.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 8:49 pm

The very quick response to his statement on lying made Jacques smirk more than a little bit. It showed that the witch was lying, as he'd thought she would be. So, what was she hiding? Jacques wasn't sure how he could go about getting that information out of the girl. "You're really not a very good liar." Jacques told the girl, not rudely, just matter-of-fact. "If you wanted me to believe that you were meditating, you should have waited a little before answering. But not too long. It's about balance...

"Like how you were balancing stones on your hands." He explained, moving to pick them up and then handing them back to the witch, looking at her expectantly to tell him what she'd been doing. Whether it would work, he didn't know, but Jacques was going to give it a try.

When the witch said she would leave, Jacques shook his head. "I was finished for today. You don't need to go." He explained, before pausing. Wiping his hand on his trousers because he was sure they were now covered in dust, he held out his right hand towards the witch. "I'm Jacques, by the way. Jacques Clement." He explained, deciding to explain who he was before he got asked because he hated being asked.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 9:07 pm

Blushing, Naomi nodded. "I know. I always left the lying to my cousins, when it was necessary." Though Naomi could come up with excellent lies and half-truths, she had trouble delivering them convincingly unless she had the time to prepare herself. Even then, she had trouble lying to people she didn't know well.

"Thank you," she whispered, accepting the stones. Naomi wiped the dust off them on the corner of her robes, sliding them into her bag. The boy was nice enough, polite and rather kind, but this wasn't something she was used to telling people. Except... it wouldn't take a person with any brains long to put together the people and guess anyway, and Naomi could tell that this boy wasn't dumb.

"I was meditating," Naomi said slowly. "It's just... I was also trying to induce visions. I have a... talent for it, but little control, so I was practicing." There, the truth was out. Let him judge her if he was going to, she would just have to deal with it. It was her own fault, since she hadn't bothered to check for people in the room first.

Settling back down a little when she was told she could stay, Naomi looked at Jacques' proffered hand for a moment before taking it. "Naomi O'Hare," she responded. "It's nice to meet you, Jacques." It really was nice; he had been nothing but nice to her this whole time, if understandably curious.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Jacques listened to the explanation the witch was giving with a vague interest. Well, perhaps a little more than a vague interest, truth be told. It fell in to place not long after though, and Jacques realised what she was trying to say. Or, he assumed he had anyway.

"You're a Seer?" Jacques asked, his tone neither hostile nor mocking of the witch's possible gift. "My grandfather has a Seer in his service, back in France. It helps him with his council." Jacques explained, though he didn't know whether a Seer was much use at all to anyone. Superstition wasn't something Jacques liked, but he understood his grandfather was of a different generation. Liking that wasn't something he had to do.

Noting the witch's name, Jacques gave her a small smile to show he'd heard, but didn't say anything else. For a moment he sat quietly, before he thought of something else. "If you are a Seer. What have you seen? Anything important?" Jacques asked, wondering if she had seen anything of note or not.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 6:03 pm

Blushing, Naomi nodded. "I- Yeah, I am. I don't usually... tell people about it though. I don't think a lot of people put much stock in Seers and I'm still working on actually understanding my visions, getting more than a useless glimpse." She made a face, frustrated. "It's more maddening than helpful."

Naomi noted that he said his grandfather hired a Seer to council him, not something many people could afford to do... Suddenly, his name clicked in her head and she felt her eyes get wide. "Oh. Oh. You're from the Clement family, aren't you? One of the most powerful Pureblood families in existence?" Naomi could have kicked herself for missing the obvious. Everyone, everyone had heard of the Clements. If there had been a hole in the floor, she would have cheerfully crawled into it. Instead, she just felt her face heat even further and she dropped her eyes to the ground again.

Naomi was glad her eyes were still dropped when he asked about her past visions. "Some," she whispered quietly. "I don't really... I don't really like to talk about those." She remembered watching Jake get beaten and a feeling of terror as she ran through a forest, chased by something she couldn't see... Realizing that she was staring off into the distance, Naomi shook her head. "Like I said, most of it is just glimpses, nothing I can really interpret.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 6:22 pm

The explanation about glimpses was one that made sense. Being young and developing still, Jacques could easy make sense of why the witch wasn't capable of much more than a glimpse. "You will grow in to it." Jacques said, almost sounding older than his years in that moment. But, he would argue that anyone who knew anything would know that all things needed to be worked on to grow better at them.

It was both refreshing, and rather amusing, to see Naomi realise who he was. Oh, he had not seen that face in a very long time, and Merlin was it a welcome change to the blank looks he got from most of the people in this school when (and if) he had to introduce himself. "I am from the French Clement's, yes. Heir to the Clement estate, actually. My sister doesn't like that very much, but she's only eight, she doesn't understand." Jacques told her, unconsciously sitting a little taller, a little prouder in that moment. "Our family is one of the most powerful, yes." He replied, wondering if he should say anything more. But he decided not to, the witch could ask him questions if she wanted to.

It was when the witch zoned out - if only for a moment - that Jacques knew she was hiding things. Of course, her words had said she didn't want to talk about it, but Jacques had a morbid curiosity. Not today though, he told himself, tucking away the information for another time. "The meditating is supposed to help with the interpretation, though, right?" Jacques prompted, even if he already knew the answer. Keep her talking, work your way in, and you had an ally.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next