Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Nerve-Wracking (Josh) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Nerve-Wracking (Josh) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Nerve-Wracking (Josh) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Nerve-Wracking (Josh) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Nerve-Wracking (Josh) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Nerve-Wracking (Josh)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Nerve-Wracking (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Nerve-Wracking (Josh)   Nerve-Wracking (Josh) EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 9:00 pm

Amethyst despised the fact that she had missed a whole year and therefore wasn't able to pass her exams and go into her Seventh Year. Now, she was forced to repeat her Sixth Year and graduate at the age of nineteen, which made the Hufflepuff very self-conscious and nervous.

She was the only one who had to go through such thing and the worst of all was her little sister. Don't get her wrong, she loved her sister to death, but reminding her over and over again of her current state was not helping the Prefect calm her nerves at all. It was enough she had the rest of her friends messing with her about it, she didn't need her sister to make it worse too!

And to add to that, most of her time was spent doing things she would never consider doing. And the reason behind that was the fact that she already knew half of the things from the previous year. She wasn't dumb, thankfully, which made every single lesson boring as hell. It was a waste of time, honestly. But she was forced to do so.

But there were always people who filled her up with the Seventh Year notes so that she would prepared. She was even considering asking the Headmaster to allow her to sit for the exams along with the other Seventh Years, in order to graduate on time, but she believed it was almost impossible. Almost.

Sighing, she found herself walking into the infamous Shrieking Shack. She was off to another adventure, since her evening hadn't been so boring in weeks.
Some Sixth Years were teasing her about her fears and she decided - very stupid of hers, may I add- to prove them wrong by spending some time in the Shrieking Shack. They even tried to force her to stay for the night, but she was a Prefect and she would never, ever, allow herself to be expelled.

"Why did I even agree to this..," the girl mumbled to herself as she made her way farther inside. She felt a chill go down her spine and for a second considered running away, but she had agreed to do this. How could she back out of it now?
She only hoped that those twats would not try to scare her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nerve-Wracking (Josh)   Nerve-Wracking (Josh) EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 9:11 pm

Josh had finished his shopping in Hogsmeade, and all of his purchases were currently being taken back to his appartment. His package that had been sent to Hogwarts rather than his university had been carefully shrunk and then put in to his winter jacket.

He had, for all intents and purposes, been heading home to finish up his essay on the various uses of porcupine quills, when something caught his eye.

A group of children - as anyone was when they still attended Hogwarts - were joined outside the perimeter of the Shrieking Shack, giggling to themselves as they pointed towards the old building. Even Josh didn't find the shack funny, and thus his curiosity had peaked to the point that he moved to the group.

It had gone quiet when he approached, either because they remembered who he was, or for the fact a grown man was heading in their direction. "What's so funny?" Josh asked, looking between them expectantly. No one seemed to want to talk to him. "I don't care who you are, someone just tell me what's funny. If you've sent someone in there..."

"She deserved it."

Josh sighed, turning on his heel and heading up towards the shack. The group called after him, but Josh didn't listen. Had the Headmaster not told the students about this place? Josh didn't believe it was haunted, oh no, the structure was what made the building unsafe. Pressing forward, Josh slipped in through the door, pausing to listen for the footfall of the person who'd been foolish enough to enter the building.

It didn't take long to locate the footsteps, and as silently as any ghost, Josh followed them, until he was behind the witch. And then he sighed again. "I would have thought you'd gotten over testing your fears." He commented, his lips turning up in to a smirk as he took in the witch he'd tormented more than a couple of times in the past.

How fitting that they would meet here.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nerve-Wracking (Josh)   Nerve-Wracking (Josh) EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 9:29 pm

Could she be so foolish? Yes, she could, and she hated the fact that people could manipulate her so easily. It was unfair. Just because she was a good person with a few fears and some mistakes here and there, did not mean that everyone had the right to mess about with her and make fun of her weaknesses. But here she was, in the middle of an old house, scaring herself to death.

It wasn't as if something had jumped on her. Yet. Neither did it seem that those kids had actually made a plan to scare her. She even doubted that they had come into the building. They were scared too, she knew, but that did not stop them from making her go inside. And it certainly did not stop the blonde from accepting to go in there.
It was pathetic, actually.

Amethyst was biting her lip, taking small steps every time, afraid she might step on something. Or something might appear and hurt her in some way. She was a scared young lady, and they were taking advantage of it. Like everyone had been doing her whole life. And then the memories came back.

Especially one person.

Joshua Murray.

Amy shivered at the thought and turned to look around. She thought she felt someone close to her, but she met nothing but thin air so she simply shrugged it off and turned back to roaming. She had just turned another corner, when a voice made her -literally- jump out of her skin and let out a straddled scream.

"I would have thought you'd gotten over testing your fears."

Amethyst turned around, mortified as she took a second to observe the person before her. No.Fucking.Way. Joshua Murray was standing there in all his glory, smirking down at her eyes went wide. Now the little ghosts that might be living in here seemed a lot more friendlier than before. Maybe she should of had gotten lost in the house faster.

"What the hell are you doing here?"
She wasn't going to be polite. Not with him. Ever. He had tormented her soul. Made fun of her. Destroyed every piece of self worth she had, and now he actually expected her to be sweet and respect him?
"I thought I had gotten rid of you a while back. Guess I couldn't be more wrong. Sadly." she added at last and extended her arms, forcing his body out of her face.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nerve-Wracking (Josh)   Nerve-Wracking (Josh) EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 9:46 pm

With the scream that filled the old house, Josh couldn't help it as his smirk grew. The sight, and sound, of fear was something that only drove the Murray heir on to more. Watching people suffer was amusing, to say the least, and here he was with a prime view of one of his favourite subjects.

And the disbelief, oh, it looked like Amethyst had just gotten rid of a worst nightmare, and it had come back much too soon for her liking.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"It's nice to see you again too." Josh replied smugly to the witch's question, not moving away from her because he liked to impose. Not that he always realised that he was invading people's personal space. "I simply noted that people were enjoying themselves much too much outside, so I came to see what the commotion was. Had I realised it was only you, believe me, I wouldn't have bothered to follow you inside. But, now I'm here..." Josh mused, looking around the dusty room they were in.

"I might as well... enjoy it." He finished, leaving that to mean whatever Amethyst's mind wanted it to.

The push that followed wasn't much more than a force to make Josh take half a step back, already righting himself a moment later. "Oh, don't be like that, we both know that if we're going to play like that you're not going to win."

Josh paused, eyes moving back to the witch from the scene around them. "So tell me, what stupid reason do you have for being here today?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nerve-Wracking (Josh)   Nerve-Wracking (Josh) EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 10:07 pm

He was a pathetic, self centred viper. She hated him. Actually, no she didn't hate him. But she despised him a lot. Too much. But she did hate his ways. She hated how he acted, as if he was superior to others. She hated how he could have anything he wanted. How he hurt people. How he manipulated everyone. And she really hated how he managed to look so good. And most of all, she hated that he was actually making her feel attracted to him.

A small part of her, at least, was attracted. But it was caged and guarded 24/7. Amethyst didn't even know why it existed in the first place. It was probably the fact that he had that strong appearance and the way to get in your head and actually manage to melt your heart if he wanted to.
She was becoming weak when he was around.

So she told herself she hated him.

She couldn't believe it.

But he was here, and was actually informing her of the fun those jerks were having outside. It made her blood boil. How dare they make fun of her in front of Josh bloody Murray? She wanted to crawl in a corner and hide, and when she opened her eyes again. she would be in her bed and he would be far, far away. Somewhere where his attractive face and arrogant personality wouldn't have an effect on her.

She snickered at him comment about 'enjoyment', and tried to find another room, in order to avoid him. She could try at least. It wasn't like she had anywhere to go. Neither was she supposed to be or not doing something. But now that she was alone with Josh, the idea of murdering him when no one else was watching was oh so tempting. She could always claim he had an accident.

His question stopped her from whatever she was doing and she turned to look up at the obviously taller man. "Well, that is none of your business now, is it Murray?" She flashed him a smile and crossed her arms over her chest, raising an eyebrow. "Oh, and since you so kindly decided to keep me company, what do you have in mind? I am open to suggestions, actually."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nerve-Wracking (Josh)   Nerve-Wracking (Josh) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 3:39 pm

The snicker from the witch wasn't overly welcome to Josh, but he didn't bring it up with the witch. Now wasn't the time. But as she walked away from him, well, Josh didn't like people walking away from him when they hadn't been properly dismissed from his presence.

After a moment, Josh followed after the witch, taking in the room. Not with awe, this place was a dump. Neither was it out of fear. Josh didn't fear anything, truth be told, and stories of a haunted house. Well, they'd lived in a haunted castle for seven years, so this was hardly difficult to deal with.

When she turned back to him, Josh didn't bother to hide his smirk. "Perhaps it's not my business, but seeing as I'm here you might as well amuse me with your tales of bravado. Well, stupidity, being in here on your own." He explained, his tone serious the whole time because everyone knew this building wasn't supposed to be entered.

The question on what he had planned made the Murray heir raise an eyebrow. "I wasn't here to keep you company." Josh replied, his tone short as he moved to inspect the broken door way. How this place still stood, he would never know. "I came in her because someone was being an idiot, but it seems like the idiot wants to keep being an idiot. So, what does the girl want to do?" Josh asked, moving past her to the window. It was a little boarded up, but you could see through it enough to see the snow outside.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nerve-Wracking (Josh)   Nerve-Wracking (Josh) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 3:58 pm

Git. Amethyst had to roll her eyes at his every move. Why did he have to be like that? Why couldn't he be a sweet guy that someone could have an interesting conversation with, without him judging everything and everyone. Why did he have to be Joshua Murray?

It sounded like a Shakespeare play, but it was the truth. With his good looks and brain, he could be everything a girl wanted. But his personality was destroying every little good thing she could see in him, and it was, to say the least, annoying! Not that this stopped him from being everything a girl wanted, but it did stop her from actually expressing her feeling.

What feelings?

She didn't have any feelings for him and she had to believe that before it was too late. She just couldn't throw herself into another self destructive relationship. Or anything that could actually bring her down to depression. She was too good for this world, really.

But the way he kept reminding her, oh so kindly, about how idiotic she was being, wasn't helping with it. She wanted to just strangle him in his sleep. Or maybe while he was awake it didn't matter. Though the latter would be impossible with that body of his. Not to mention the height.

At his reply, she had to raise an eyebrow and let out a small laugh.
"Of course you are not here to keep me company. Why would I want such a pathetic presence to keep me company, hm?"
She turned her back to him once again then added.
"And stop this verbal harassment. Doesn't suit your face. And since I am stuck with it, I would prefer it if you were silent. Or dead. Works either way for me."

She didn't even bother answering his question about what she wanted to do. She didn't know.
Stay away from you, she thought but then took it back. If he shut his mouth, she could at least enjoy his handsome face without having to worry about him saying anything about it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nerve-Wracking (Josh)   Nerve-Wracking (Josh) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Josh's eyebrow rose marginally at her comment on a pathetic presence. It seemed the witch didn't quite grasp who she was dealing with if she believed him to be pathetic. A pathetic man, however, would have pulled her up on the comment, and Josh was not going to do that. Nope, he was going to make sure that she knew that such things just weren't going to get to him.

The comment on verbal harassment made Josh smirk just a little bit more, his eyes moving away from the scenes outside, back to the witch in the room. Leaning against the window sill, Josh waited for a moment, taking his time to think things through.

"Why did you come in here?" Josh asked her casually, as if asking about the weather. His eyes remained on the witch the whole time, his hands moving to rest on the window sill. He was intrigued on what went on in other people's minds. Why they didn't stand up for themselves. He knew Amethyst didn't stick up for herself, he'd seen it for a couple of years.

And he still couldn't work out why she didn't do anything about it.

Fear, perhaps. Josh knew he couldn't understand fear, so perhaps that was the problem. But he wanted to know anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nerve-Wracking (Josh)   Nerve-Wracking (Josh) Empty

Back to top Go down

Nerve-Wracking (Josh)
Page 1 of 1