Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Jokes On Us (Nirek)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Jokes On Us (Nirek)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Jokes On Us (Nirek)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Jokes On Us (Nirek)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Jokes On Us (Nirek)  Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Jokes On Us (Nirek)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Jokes On Us (Nirek)  Empty
PostSubject: Jokes On Us (Nirek)    Jokes On Us (Nirek)  EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 2:11 am

Cara,” Joubert’s eyes had been wide and pleading as he put his hands together, “please can you pick up some pretty trinkets from Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes? Jia is sick and I just know it would mean the world to her if you picked something to brighten her day. Anything too really,” he added. Cara gave a sigh and twisted her mouth into something of a grimace. It was the beginning of summer and she was staying with her brother and the orphans at the Orphanage of Vaise for two weeks; the Clement’s had some official Clement stuff to do. There had been an extended offer and an expectant look in Adelisa’s eyes to join them, but ultimately she’d decline in order to stay with Joubert. Besides the other two co-workers at the Orphanage were going to use this time to vacation on their own, and she was glad to help.

Joe,” she whined as she threw her book on a zombie/werewolf love story to the side, “how am I going to get there?” She asked him crossing her arms. She was rather comfortable and didn’t feel like having to dress like a Clement (no one knew when someone would recognize her from the images of the Clement’s and approach her, and how would Adelisa feel if she saw Cara in her ratty tank-top and white shorts looking like a casual muggle? She’d be disowned immediately, she thought with fear coursing through her system).

Floo in,” he said with a grin, he fished a pouch of money out, it was about three inches in circumference and five inches high, but quite heavy when he handed it to her. She gave him a suspicious look, how did he get so much money? She wondered, but sighed and got up to get dressed. “Also feel free to buy other gifts for the other orphans and something for yourself!” He called out as she left his office where she’d been relaxing for the day. She grumbled irately as she pulled out more appropriate clothes for a ward of the Clement’s.

Now she was standing outside of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes with a purse full of money dressed in a classy outfit that made her like more like a Clement with her hair in gentle curls, she felt a bit apprehensive. She hated shopping alone, but the quicker she could get this done…

The quicker she’d get back to the peace of the Orphanage.

As if to prove that Diagon Alley was hectic and overall irksome for Cara, a child ran by her knocking her off balance and her purse out of her hands. It led to the unclosed hatch opening and spilling out the hundreds of galleons Joubert had given her, and to her falling face first to the ground, her hands automatically taking the scrape same as her knees. She gave a wince as she groaned and steadied herself on her arms, feeling hatred immediately bubble up for that stupid child and wherever his even stupider parents were.

"Stupid kid," she muttered darkly as she shifted herself to her bruised knees as she reached out to collect the money she'd dropped.

CARA'S OUTFIT
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Jokes On Us (Nirek)    Jokes On Us (Nirek)  EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 9:27 pm

Nirek sighed to himself as he took in the letter once more from the school. New books, new equipment, and because of another growth spurt, new uniform for the new year. The school was excessive, and it put a lot of extra stress on his parents who were trying to put two coins together to get by most months. He'd heard them talking with his grandma the night before, worrying over the cost and he felt... well, terrible.

Of course, Nirek could never allow his friends at Hogwarts to know just how poor his family was. Oh no, that would likely be a big blow to his reputation at the school, and he could not afford that.

Slipping away from his parents, Nirek followed the flow of the crowd down the street, not overly interested in the shops around him, but glad to get away from them for a moment. He noted a new broom in the window of the Quidditch shop and averted his eyes. His parents had bought him a new broom last year, though it was an older model, and he knew there was little to no point in getting his hopes up.

Instead, the boy moved towards the joke shop that had become infamous over the years.

The crowd had dispersed by then, and Nirek could see more clearly now. So much so that when the jangle of money on the floor met his ears, he'd seen the whole thing play out. Some younger kid getting pushed aside by another. The money was what registered to Nirek though, and an opportunity presented itself a moment later. Hurrying after the kid that had knocked the girl, Nirek kicked his legs from under him, enjoying the sound of a thud. "If you're gonna knock someone over, at least help them up when it's a mistake." Nirek told the boy, who scrambled to his feet and ran off a moment later without a word.

Turning back to the girl, Nirek bent down, helping to pick the coins up and put them back in the purse in which they'd fallen. It would have been way too easy to pocket some of the money with the amount that had fallen, but for once Nirek had seen past the greed of wealth (and power) and realised that this could be something potentially useful. "Sorry about that jackass, I don't think he'll do it again." Nirek told the girl. "Are you okay?" He added quickly, quirking an eyebrow and giving the girl a small smile to show he was one of the 'good' guys.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Jokes On Us (Nirek)    Jokes On Us (Nirek)  EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 7:17 am

Cara wasn’t used to being bullied. At least not by anyone who wasn’t a Clement and even then it was just Jacques (if you could even call it that, there was no real physical abuse and perhaps that was worse in some ways). At her charm school in France there were girls who she hung around that made sure no one larger than her ever picked on her; there was a sort of understanding that she was a Clement by extension and she wasn’t to be touched. And deep down she knew that children couldn’t be faulted for their actions. Still it didn’t prevent the anger that riled up inside of her at the sight of them running around all willy-nilly.

She had no qualms against blood purity, but she did know that by default no pureblood child (unless they were from one of those weird unorthodox families) would ever dare behave like that. Not to mention no pureblood parent would ever allow them near another pureblood like herself acting like so. So when she saw a larger, bulkier boy trip the child out from the little runt, she couldn’t help the hum of vindictive satisfaction that entered her system.

Caramarienne felt worlds better as she stood herself up after pulling as many coins as she could into her purse. She stood up then, brushed whatever dirt was on her off with a slight frown of displeasure. If Adelisa or a maid asked she’d tell them that a brat of a kid had knocked her over.

I should hope not,” she muttered as she continued to brush the dirt out of the folds of her dress. She glared at the child’s back, wishing she could hex him without getting in trouble; yearning for the day she was old enough to jinx someone and get away with it.

Thank you,” she said turning to the boy with a slight smile, she extended her hand, “Caramarienne, but you can call me Cara.” She added. “And what might I call my savior?” She asked, teasingly with a bit more quirk of her lips. For one thing, this boy was nearly a head taller than her… At Hogwarts if she had someone like him by her side, perhaps she wouldn’t need to rely on her wits and ability to hide to protect herself. There was potential in her savior, she thought as she kept her eyes trained on the prize.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Jokes On Us (Nirek)    Jokes On Us (Nirek)  EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 12:50 pm

The kid looked a little too worried about her dress for Nirek's liking, but he figured from the money that had fallen from her purse that she was not wearing something cheap that didn't much matter. If he'd of been older, Nirek would have pulled out his wand and cleaned it for her just to make sure he made a good impression, but he wasn't yet old enough to do so. "Your dress is fine, don't worry." He told the witch, in the hope of helping her a little bit in the moment.

"Don't mention it." Nirek insisted as she thanked him. He hadn't really done anything that had put him out. In fact, he'd kind of enjoyed tripping the kid over in the first place and see him scurry away in fear.

As the witch extended her hand, Nirek took it, shaking it a little before letting go. "Nirek Kapoor." He replied to her question. "Though, I didn't really save you from anything, but, I like the idea." He joked, seeing her smile for the first time and deciding to go along with the joke.

Cara, however, had an accent, and he was trying to place it. "Someone such as yourself should go careful carrying so much money though, especially at this time of the year, there are a lot of pickpockets about. Perhaps... I should stay with you for a while until... your parents come back for you." Nirek continued, because Cara did look much too young to be here on her own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jokes On Us (Nirek)    Jokes On Us (Nirek)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Jokes On Us (Nirek)
Page 1 of 1