Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
New Roommates? (Avis) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
New Roommates? (Avis) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
New Roommates? (Avis) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
New Roommates? (Avis) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
New Roommates? (Avis) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

New Roommates? (Avis)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

New Roommates? (Avis) Empty
PostSubject: New Roommates? (Avis)   New Roommates? (Avis) EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 9:09 am

Ruby looked at the Daily Prophet. There was an add for a roommate, and since Ruby still had no idea what she wanted to do, a year outside of school, she decided to be brave and do something that she never thought she would do. She answered a wanted add in the paper. Ruby put her long blond hair in a pony tail, and wore a purple summer off the shoulder dress. She stood up straight and walked towards the apartment complex she was looking for.

Ruby had taken the year and went traveling. Her parents deemed her stupid for wasting a year of school to go do that, but it was something she wanted to do, and Ruby felt that she had really found herself on her travels. Including the love of her life. A boy named Nick. Nick lived in Italy, but was from England and had family in England. Ruby felt that he was the one she was supposed to marry, and she loved him quiet a lot. The only problem was that he was a in school to become a Wizarding doctor, and that took a lot of schooling. Ruby wanted to stay in England, so she and him parted ways because they wanted different things in life.

This had made her sad, but she felt she grew into a better person because of it. She took a breath as she stood outside the apartment complex she was trying to get an apartment at. She knocked on the door quiet shyly. A girl answered, Ruby said, "Hi I'm here about the apartment add?" Ruby hoped that this was a new beginning for her. She hoped she would be able to move on from Nick even though she gave him everything and he gave her nothing in return.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Roommates? (Avis)   New Roommates? (Avis) EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 9:01 pm

For Avis, it was not just a new start. It was a way to get away from everyone, start her new life, and be independent. Live life to the maximum, party and get drunk and meet lots, lots, lots of people.
Guys included.
Because Avis believed that it was about time she did all the crazy things she couldn't do a few years back.

Plus, she had her own bar now. She was the punk kind of girl, and liked to rock. Rock it all the way, actually. So her little hardcore club was located in Hogsmead, the quite little village she had spent most of her childhood in, and now, she was ready to bring everything upside down.
But in order to do that, she was in need of money. And that meant that having an apartment all on her own was certainly not going to work.

So she put a wanted add in the paper. And waited for a response.

Truth be told, the reply came quite fast as the girl heard the doorbell ring, quite early in the morning for her liking.
A groan left her lips as she got up, hair in a messy bun and dressed only in her Pacman T-shirt she was wearing as pjs.
Moving towards the door, she yawned before opening the door, to look at whom had decided to wake her up.

"Hi I'm here about the apartment add?"

That woke Avis up immediately, and a shocked look appeared on her face. "Oh! OH! Right! Come in!"
Avis moved to the side, allowing her to move in and take a better look at the apartment. Could this girl be her roommate?

"Name's Avis, by the way. Wasn't expecting a reply so soon, to be honest. You can sure take a look around though, I don't mind."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Roommates? (Avis)   New Roommates? (Avis) EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Ruby hadn't really thought about what to say after the girl called Avis had invited her into her new potential home. It was a beautiful place. Maybe a tad out of her price range, but with a new job, Ruby was sure she could make it work. She just actually had to FIND a new job first. That would be the hard part. Ruby said, "nice place you got here." She shifted the weight on her feet because now Ruby was nervous. She didn't like meeting new people in these types of situations, and she wondered why she pushed herself to do it in the first place.

She said, "Tell me about yourself Avis. If we want to make this work we have to know a little bit about eachother don't we?" She laughed a little bit. She didn't want to let Avis know that she was nervous about meeting her. That this was out of her comfort zone. She said, "Like I said before, I'm Ruby, well Anna is my real name, my adoptive parents thought I looked like a Ruby gem do there for e they named me Ruby." Maybe that was a little too much information. Ruby never really had a friend before, so she wasn't sure how much information she was supposed to share.

She continued, "I'm sorry I'm overwhelming you. I can stop if you need me too. I've never really done this sort of thing. It's a little bit out of my comfort zone." She mentally slapped herself. What if the girl used this against her one of these days? It would be something she would ever regret telling her. Ruby said, "sorry again. Ugh I'm ruining this arnt I?" Rambling was Ruby's specialty. She said, "I'll shut up now so you can talk." And that was what she did.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Roommates? (Avis)   New Roommates? (Avis) EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 3:05 pm

Avis was still half asleep, so she didn't pay much attention to the girl she had just invited in her home. Truth be told, the blonde did not seem dangerous at all, so Avis felt quite at ease with the idea of having her in the house. Sharing a home with someone much nicer, much more innocent and probably a better cook was actually exactly what she needed.

So when the girl told her that her place was quite nice, Avis shrugged lazily and answered. "It could be your place too, if you choose to stay."
And it was the truth. For some reason Avis felt very comfortable with the girl, and sure wouldn't mind getting to know her better.

"Tell me about yourself Avis. If we want to make this work we have to know a little bit about each other don't we?"

"Indeed."
Avis let an inner groan as she put on a smile. She didn't like talking all that much but oh well, she would have to put up with that if she was going to make a good first impression to miss blondie princess over here.

"Like I said before, I'm Ruby, well Anna is my real name, my adoptive parents thought I looked like a Ruby gem do there for e they named me Ruby."

"Well, Anna, as I've told you just a minute ago I am Avis, just graduated from Hogwarts, I own my own bar at Hogsmead, so I am mostly not at home, and I am in need of a roommate and a few people to work at the bar."
Well, that covered pretty much anything Ruby, or Anna needed to know to make her decision, and Avis was going to say no more. Yet.

"I'm sorry I'm overwhelming you. I can stop if you need me too. I've never really done this sort of thing. It's a little bit out of my comfort zone."

For Avis it wasn't a big deal, actually, so she couldn't see why the girl was so nervous. So Avis just ignored the girl's words, grabbed her arm and sat her down on one of her sofas.
"Don't worry too much. Just calm down. "
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Roommates? (Avis)   New Roommates? (Avis) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 10:52 am

Anna. When the name slipped from the girls mouth, it was the only thing that wrang in her ears, and oddly enough, Ruby wasn't mad about it. Normally she snapped at people who called her by the ridiculous name that was now the name of the Princess of Arendelle, and far too common for her liking. As Avis told her about herself, Ruby looked around the apartment. She liked the atmosphere, it was calm and loving, and had almost a gentle vibe, something she wasn't quite used too.

Ruby ran a hand threw her hair and nodded when Avis was done speaking. She said, "Okay, I think I like you. And the apartment. I've never done bar tending, but I might be able to give it a try. Unless you're looking for a waitress, then I might give that a go. I have experience in that." She nodded content with her answer. Ruby had always felt tense in public and when meeting new people. But with this girl, it was oddly different. She felt relaxed and not tensed up. She felt at peace. Which was good.

She continued, "I only have one condition. If you know any cute guys, you have to hook me up!" She laughed. She was totally kidding about that part she hoped Avis got that. But at the same time, she was totally serious. She had been alone all her life, and she was done with it. She was almost tempted to go Lesbian. Maybe she'd be better off that way.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Roommates? (Avis)   New Roommates? (Avis) Empty

Back to top Go down

New Roommates? (Avis)
Page 1 of 1