Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Christmas Ball - Page 4 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Christmas Ball - Page 4 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Christmas Ball - Page 4 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Christmas Ball - Page 4 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Christmas Ball - Page 4 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Christmas Ball

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Christmas Ball - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   The Christmas Ball - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 10:17 am

She pretended to have not heard his apology, wondering still how he could have thought she wouldn't have known. Was it because it was on Christmas day? Or was it simply because not many people actually bothered to remember? Either way, she couldn't quite believe it. Surely his friends knew, too. Naomi, Sumire... What kind of friends were they if they hadn't remembered?

No, Madison knew nothing much about true friendship, but she knew, at the very least, that one cared about one's friends - and that meant doing things like celebrating birthdays, and hanging out, and shit like that. It was why Maddie didn't really have friends, because she found the whole process just too tedious.

Letting out a laugh at his confusion, she shook her head in amusement. "What if you can't find a title, or you're out somewhere and can't carry so many books with you?" she inquired, not saying that she disagreed (which she did, but in regards to the whole idea of reading in itself and not paperback versus devices; reading was reading, no matter where or how one went about it) but simply stating the facts.

She knew, though, that it was unlikely Finley actually use iBooks or any of the few reading apps she had downloaded for him. Still, it was not an issue, and for the rest of their night (except for the few times they paused momentarily to get a drink) she went through different aspects of the phone, explaining and going over apps, settings, tools, and whatnot of the whole phone.

She went over the charging process, the whole iTunes thing, helped him select some podcasts to listen to (she figured, rightly, that he would enjoy TedTalks, and some other geek channels), download some games, and whatnot. By the time his phone flashed the 5% warning, it was midnight, and she stifled a smile. It was late, and for a brief moment she wondered how much longer she could spend with Finley, but then he was speaking about bed, and offering to walk her back.

Contemplating it for a moment, she eventually nodded her head. "Thank you, Finn, that would be amazing," she replied, standing as he did. She wasn't necessarily tired, but there was nothing more she could accomplish by staying. And so, she allowed the Ravenclaw to walk her back to the Slytherin common room. The journey there was mostly silent, and Maddie used the time to figure out her last move. It would have to be perfect, not coming out forced or anything.

And so, as they reached the entrance, she leaned over, stretched her head up a little, and pressed her lips against his cheeks for a split second. "Thank you, Finley, for the wonderful time," she said, turning away and beginning to walk in. Just before she disappeared, she paused, turned back, and added, "It seems to me, Finn, everything worked out perfectly in the end. You see, I spent my entire night with the guy who didn't ask me out, after all."

With that, she smiled, lifted her hand to give a slight wave, and then looked away, continuing to her common room. Fighting every urge to look back, she instead kept her gaze straight and focused on walking as a warmth crept up and filled her, despite the chill of the dungeon.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Christmas Ball - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Ball   The Christmas Ball - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 10:31 am

Finley smiled as the Slytherin witch agreed, getting to his feet and pulling her chair out for her. Their walk to the dungeons was quiet - something Finley was quite glad of, to be honest. He'd pushed for conversation that evening, but for Finley, it was quite tiring. His head was also ringing from the music of the Great Hall, so the silence was appreciated, though not uncomfortable.

Allowing Madison to lead - for he wasn't one hundred percent sure where the Slytherin common room was - Finley took in where they were going - thinking about all the cool things he had to play with on his phone, and how it was going to open up countless opportunities for him. As Madison stopped, Finley realised they were at something of a dead end and his brow furrowed with no obvious entrance.

But his confusion was short lived as Madison spoke, kissing his cheek. His eyes widened for a split second at that action, though he didn't dislike it. Finley simply hadn't expected it, and his brain went to mush, not managing a reply to her thank you for spending the evening with her.

He watched numbly as she managed to find an opening to the common room. Only just coming down from his mini accomplishment in time to hear her next words.

"It seems to me, Finn, everything worked out perfectly in the end. You see, I spent my entire night with the guy who didn't ask me out, after all."

Finley simply stood dumbfounded, watching the witch leaving him. She had wanted to spend the evening with him? Why? Why hadn't he asked? Why hadn't she said something before now? The wall before him was sealing and Finley made to step forward but it closed before he could call her back. He stood looking at the wall for a moment, pondering her words...

And then Finley turned, grin on his face. "She l-likes me!" He told himself, glee filling his body as he hurried off towards the Ravenclaw Tower. Madison had wanted him. He was so happy with that, grinning widely all the way back to the common room. To his bed.

The Ravenclaw couldn't get to sleep, either, grinning at the canopy of his four poster bed like an idiot. An idiot love-sick on the news that Madison Bishop had wanted him to ask her to the dance and had kissed his cheek.
Back to top Go down

The Christmas Ball
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4