Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan) Empty
PostSubject: Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan)   Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 3:19 am

Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan) Tumblr_nn3ge8UWO11te7ibqo1_400

All throughout her adult life, and young adult one too, Veronika had multiple times where she felt as if she was living a dream. Ivan was one of those times in her life where she felt as dazed, as if she were living in a surreal world. And she never thought she would ever get the chance to feel that way again, but being with Jake felt like that and more. He was the perfect gentleman, and also the greatest best friend. In some ways, she loved him more than she ever loved Ivan.

Jake and Veronika had plenty of rough times, such as small arguments over godparents, colors to paint the baby room, where to stay while they were renovating the baby room, and so forth. All of them were little spats, but they made sure to never go to bed angry. They reached compromises, and even if some things were still brought up, they never hard the harshness as the first time they were brought into relevance. She smiled softly as she thought about this, she glanced over at her son, her pride and joy, her flesh and blood, the only tie to her true love and the only tie to eternal happiness.

"Hello baby," she cooed as she shifted from her reading position on the couch to place her nose next to his face. It was then that he sneezed and blinked before toppling over. He made a few disgruntled noises, and she laughed as she settled him back into a sitting position. She was slowly shifting him away from being held, not wanting her baby to be too dependent on his parents (she meant this in a totally physical sense, she wanted desperately to always be at her baby bear's side and always wanted him to need her, but she knew that the healthy thing was to not make him too dependent on her presence).

Well she was never good at following her own rules.

She lifted her baby into her arms and started peppering his face with kisses, he began making giggling noises and a gummy smile appeared on his face. For a premature baby, although he wasn't too big just yet, he was coming along very healthily. Considering there had at one point been a good chance he wasn't to survive, now he was giggling and squirming and doing all other baby functions.

"Mommy loves you so, so, so, so much." She whispered against his forehead as she pressed his small body into hers, engulfing him in her love. He was so warm, so soft, so fragile; she could feel his heartbeat, small but steadfast and tender. "She'll never let anything hurt you, never let anything take you away from her, and she'll always, always accept you for whoever you become." She added as she pressed a kiss to his little nose. He was smiling, eyes opened wide, before he started to cry, she glanced at the clock by the door; it was feeding time. She stood up and started toward the formula for baby milk, breastfeeding had its benefits, but because of his premature state, her body  hadn't enough time to adjust to the change. She started to warm the water, with him in his baby chair, when she heard the door open.

"Welcome home," she called out, smiling to herself as she shook the mixture and lifted her baby back into her arms. Veronika gently lowered it to his mouth and watched fascinated as he started to greedily slurp at the bottle. She started to walk towards the living room, and smiled at who was standing there. She puckered her lips for a much desired kiss as she walked towards her fiancé.

"How was your day?" She asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan)   Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 6:49 pm

Life was almost complete.

That was Jake's current mood. Life only had a few more things to give him and then his life would be complete, and very, very happy. Marrying Veronika was the first thing that would lead to life's completion, a task which was in the pipeline. They had discussed it a little, but it was still not quite their main priority. Next on the list, the most prominent of things was to move house. They would, in time, need more space for Ivan - a flat was not exactly good for a baby, and Jake had bought it when he was living on his own, so it wasn't huge.

Then, it would be more children, one or two, Jake thought, to complete their little family.

Today was a Ministry day, and Jake had spent half the day on a surveillance mission. It was successful, they'd caught a lead, and brought in a suspect for questioning. Something that was always useful when trying to catch a large criminal group. The afternoon Jake had spent watching the interrogation. He himself had not qualified for the interrogation work because it wasn't something he thought himself to excel in. Shouting at people, getting in their heads, using force to get the answers he needed, breaking people down... this wasn't Jake, and he was not going to make that part of his job.

By the time Jake had finished, he was quite tired, a long week had once again hit him, but that wouldn't stop him from enjoying his day off with Veronika and Ivan. Apparating as far as the wards on the flat would allow - the front door - Jake took out his keys and let himself in, slipping his shoes off.

"I'm home!" Jake called, almost instantly hearing his welcome from Veronika. He couldn't help but smile, slipping his coat off and hanging it up on the hook by the door. His keys were thrown in to the key dish after locking the door behind him, and Jake banished his work bag to the cupboard - out of the way so that no one could fall over it, or get stressed over mess.

"How was your day?"

"Much better now." Jake responded warmly, leaning down to place a soft kiss on his fiance's lips. "But I had a good day. We got a lead on the Basilisks, they're umm... trying to get information out of him now." Jake explained, trying to keep the details as vague as possible, though he was sure Veronika would understand enough and know he didn't wish to talk about it much more. "How has Ivan been? Good day?" He asked, bringing a finger up to stroke his son's cheek as he drank his milk.

Ivan was so perfect, just like his mum, to Jake. Every day brought something new with it in respect of their son, and the learning about each thing was beautiful in itself.

"Did you want me to get us something to eat?" Jake asked, not ever assuming that Veronika would do all the household work. They shared, or at least Jake put in a lot of effort to help her when he was home, though he knew it wasn't enough.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan)   Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan) EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 1:34 am

There were various times in the day when Veronika thought back to her childhood.

Not just because she was a mother now; that had been an impending doom from long ago. Mostly it was because there were so many moments in her life nowadays that reminded her of her own childhood. Sort of, she bitterly thought about all the times her parents were spat on or verbally dismissed whenever they appeared with her. Those moments weren’t as worse as the moments when they’d ask where the mother was, and her parents would wince and answer that the mother was out of the picture before a look of utter confusion and then pitiful understanding entered their face. She scowled darkly at the thought, but was broken out of her reverie when she realized Ivan was battering his fists against her face.

Sorry bebe,” she whispered as she kissed his lips and started giving him attention again. Silently as much as she was thankful for Jake and for her own parents, she was glad her son would never experience that kind of discrimination. At hearing her fiancé call out to her, she thought back to her own parents and how they reacted to each other’s presence. Kisses and soft lingering looks for each other, and more hugs and kisses for her. She felt warmer at that thought.

Aaah,” she breathed out, wincing a bit. She appreciated - well somedays she actually hated her husband’s job - the outcomes of Jake’s job, even if she abhorred how that they risked her love’s life everyday. “Well, let’s hope they get it out of him whichever way.” She said in as pacifying a tone as possible. She grinned.

Ivan has been a busy baby, loves to move around more and more now that he knows how to. When he starts walking I don’t know what we’ll do.” She giggled a bit thinking about him sneezing and falling backwards into Jake’s arms. “But that’s a long ways away, no worries just yet.” She lifted a hand out to place it on her fiancé’s bicep before quickly moving it back to her son when he started fussing uncomfortably. They’d have to baby-proof the apartment some day, she realized with an even bigger wince. Not that they couldn’t afford it- it would just be time efficient. “Isn’t he getting bigger by the day?” She asked curiously as she stared at her hungrily slurping son.

Ooh, yes please.” Cooking was sometimes fun for Veronika, but not these days with Ivan’s movements being frequenter. “What’re you in the mood for? I can set the table and get the drinks, and I’m paying tonight.” She gave him a sharp look. “I notice how you try to do it, don’t think I can’t do it myself.” She wanted to shake a finger in his face, but her hands were all tied up with the baby.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan)   Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan) EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 11:58 am

Jake understood the worry that touched Veronika's tone as he told her about work, and for a moment he regretted telling her. It was a good lead, something he was happy about, but his job was... well, dangerous, and not always the nicest, but he was working to keep his little family safe. "Sorry." Jake responded softly as she spoke about her hope for the mission to work through. He apologised because he didn't wish for her to be upset in any way about it.

"Oh, keeping mummy busy?" Jake cooed his son, a fond smile touching his lips at the thought of him walking. "A couple more months yet." Jake assured Veronika, though he wasn't sure entirely. "We'll be ready when he starts walking though. I promise." Jake added, because they did still have a lot of things to do. Hopefully a new home by then, because a flat was not going to be big enough when Ivan finally got to getting himself around.

"He's going to be big and strong like his daddy." Jake mused as, for a moment, they both watched Ivan as he drank with matching fond smiles on their lips. Despite the worrying start, Ivan was doing really well. Feeding hungrily, and developing in all the right ways (the doctors had told Jake this, because he still worried about everything to do with Ivan, and Veronika).

"I was just going to some spaghetti and meatballs, if you're okay with that? I don't fancy take out tonight." Jake replied, giving a sheepish smile when she admonished him for spending his money instead of hers. "I know you can, I just like to treat you like every woman should be treated." Jake replied, not apologising for the fact he picked up the bills as often as he could.

"You set the table, I'll grab the wine - I feel I need just one glass tonight." Jake explained as he moved to the kitchen, getting on with the cooking. "Are you joining me?" Jake asked, emerging out of the kitchen with a bottle of red wine and two glasses. They couldn't be silly now they had Ivan in respect of alcohol, but it would aid them both in relaxing from tiring weeks.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan)   Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan) Empty

Back to top Go down

Domesticity (Jake, Veronika + Ivan)
Page 1 of 1