Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Ministry Officials Summer Ball (All Ministry Personnel & Partners/Family Welcome!) - Page 3 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Ministry Officials Summer Ball (All Ministry Personnel & Partners/Family Welcome!) - Page 3 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Ministry Officials Summer Ball (All Ministry Personnel & Partners/Family Welcome!) - Page 3 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Ministry Officials Summer Ball (All Ministry Personnel & Partners/Family Welcome!) - Page 3 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Ministry Officials Summer Ball (All Ministry Personnel & Partners/Family Welcome!) - Page 3 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Ministry Officials Summer Ball (All Ministry Personnel & Partners/Family Welcome!)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Ministry Officials Summer Ball (All Ministry Personnel & Partners/Family Welcome!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ministry Officials Summer Ball (All Ministry Personnel & Partners/Family Welcome!)   The Ministry Officials Summer Ball (All Ministry Personnel & Partners/Family Welcome!) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 4:41 pm

Words were beginning to fail her. Sometimes she felt like she understood what Adrian was saying, but most of the time, she just wanted to lean on him and close her eyes. She felt like Cinderella, holding on to a moment that can be snatched away from her by time, as it had before when she was in Barcelona. The music wasn't helping—as the night deepened, the band played slower music, and even in her drunken state Summer could recognise the song playing.

Singing softly to herself, she fought the urge to lie on the ground by leaning on Adrian, who didn't seem to mind having her against him. What he had said about fate and coincidences reminded her of a poem, which she began to recite drunkenly. 'Both are convinced, that a sudden surge of emotion bound them together.' Holding onto Adrian with her eyes still closed, she smiled a bit to herself and breathed in his scent. A scent which she had associated with Barcelona, and all the things she found beautiful there. 'Beautiful is such a certainty, but uncertainty is more beautiful.'

'They'd be greatly astonished to learn that, for a long time, chance had been playing with them.'

Slowly, her eyes opened and blinked uncertainly as she tried to ignore the swaying world. She focused on his eyes, instead, on those eyes that saw so much beauty in the world despite the harsh truths he must see due to his job. How she loved seeing through those eyes, whether it was in the form of his photographs, or the way he talked about various places. 'Wislawa Szymborska. 'Love at First Sight'. It's a poem I love. I heard it from a movie. Fate is funny, isn't it? En cuanto a mí, yo creo en el destino.'
[Translation: Speaking for myself, I believe in destiny.]

Her heart beat faster upon hearing his words about Barcelona, and about how its beauty had left with her. No, it was too good to be true, it must be just Adrian being smooth. And yet a huge part of her leapt internally at the idea, her intoxicated mind trying to interpret what those words meant. He found her beautiful. He was sad when he left. Somehow, though she knew the words meant deeper than that, those thoughts kept circling her head. Holding his gaze, she tried to look for the deeper meaning in his eyes. It was only when she realised she was leaning in that she stepped away, and the song ended.

This was only a stolen moment, her revenge on time, and now it was time for her to remember where she stood.

'There will be time to show you the photos,' she said, aware that her words were slurring yet unable to stop herself. 'I wouldn't want you to miss out on the party, Adrian.' Stepping away, she sighed, as if breathing in the night air would sober her up. 'I'll be okay, don't worry about me. You shouldn't neglect your... Auror duties for me.'
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Ministry Officials Summer Ball (All Ministry Personnel & Partners/Family Welcome!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ministry Officials Summer Ball (All Ministry Personnel & Partners/Family Welcome!)   The Ministry Officials Summer Ball (All Ministry Personnel & Partners/Family Welcome!) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 6:41 pm

Listening to the poem that Summer was reciting along with the music in the background transported Adrian back to Barcelona, when they'd sat out on the streets with a street entertainer playing something to the tourists of the evening. When they had sat and talked at length, about anything and everything to pass the time. Music was almost as beautiful as a picture in that way, it could transport you freely to another time, or another place.

"Whatever the cause... we're both here tonight." Adrian concluded to their view points of how tonight had come in to being. Luck, fate, destiny, whatever it was, Adrian didn't care. All he cared about was the fact they were here, together again, and Summer seemed to be fine.

But, before little else could happen, Summer was stepping away from him. Adrian couldn't help but feel the loss of the connection they had just had. Had he said something wrong in that moment, something that Summer had not appreciated?

"You didn't listen to me, I didn't want to come to the party." Adrian reminded her with a small grin, moving to her side, one hand subtly moving to her arm to steady her a little. "And I don't think I'm neglecting any duties tonight, seeing as almost every ministry official is wasted at the moment, so I can be excused from my duties.

"But, I think we should get you some water, because you've had enough to drink, and I won't stop worrying about you until I know you're okay." Adrian insisted, which was the truth, he wouldn't be able to relax until this was the case. "So, will you let me take care of you, at least, until you're sober?"
Back to top Go down

The Ministry Officials Summer Ball (All Ministry Personnel & Partners/Family Welcome!)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3