Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity] - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity] - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity] - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity] - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity] - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity]   Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 1:56 pm

As Circe made herself comfortable, using him as something of a pillow, James sipped at the champagne a little more. He was still quite sober, champagne did very little to him because it was simply bubbles. More like fizzy than alcohol to him. But refreshing, in the heat, it definitely helped him to stay relaxed.

However, relaxation was short lived. Circe's next words made James let out a small chuckle at the idea of kids. A chuckle that shone with the fear James felt around the idea of a family. Children of his own. Yes, there had been the moment where Circe had believed herself to be pregnant, and James had known he had only one option in the world if it was his. But... he hadn't thought about kids since they'd found out it was just a scare, nothing to worry about.

But, Circe had brought it up, and James didn't know what to do, or say. It was the first day of their holiday, he didn't want to argue or even think about such things, so he decided on doing what he was good at, being non-committal. "If you say so." James' reply came a moment later as he took another sip of the alcohol in his glass.

"I think we should stay out here tonight." James admitted, changing the subject. "It's much too beautiful to sleep in a bed. Or, if not tonight, then perhaps another night... Then, tomorrow, I'm going swimming, definitely, and sunbathing." He continued, nodding for his own benefit more than anything. Yes, that was about as far ahead as James wanted to plan right now.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity]   Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 7:23 pm

The chuckle that followed her statement made Circe raise an eyebrow. That was certainly not what she had expected when she had brought such a topic up, but she could understand what that reaction meant. James was nervous, trying to hide how tensed he was about such a subject. And Circe wasn't stupid. She remembered his reaction when there was a possibility she was pregnant, and even if he had agreed on raising it as his own, he wasn't particularly happy about it.

"If you say so."

Sipping some of her champagne, Circe didn't make a move to reply to his comment. After all, there wasn't really much to add to that. Knowing that he was certainly not comfortable enough to talk about such things, Circe let it slide, not mentioning it again. At least not until he was comfortable enough to talk about it. Then, they would have a very nice and long discussion about kids, and what they should do with them.

"I think we should stay out here tonight."

Circe was quite thankful as the subject was changed, and a smile touched her lips at his words. Truth be told, it was a very beautiful view, and as the sun was falling, and the light was slowly disappearing, it was becoming even more beautiful. Circe was not going to call this romantic, because it wasn't, and neither was she.

"It's much too beautiful to sleep in a bed. Or, if not tonight, then perhaps another night... Then, tomorrow, I'm going swimming, definitely, and sunbathing."

"I love how we're thinking of the same things sometimes. Sometimes."
Biting her lip, Circe pushed herself up just a bit in order to reach up and kiss his lips sweetly, then falling back down, getting comfortable in her previous place.
"It might get cold during the night though, you might want to grab a blanket or two."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity]   Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 8:32 pm

The comment on thinking the same as one another made James nod. Unlike many, though, James didn't smile at this notion, it was much too much like defining them as the same. James didn't see them as the same in many ways, and that was the way he liked things. But, as Circe's lips met his, James just blew the idea off, kissing her back and thinking nothing more of it in that moment.

"Yeah, yeah, going." James replied as Circe spoke of blankets. Shifting himself away from the witch, James moved back up to the main house, grabbing a pillow and a couple of blankets and making his way back to the beach and Circe. Whether or not Circe noticed, James barely used magic despite him having a wand. Truth be told, his magical abilities outside of Potions were quite dismal, and he lived mostly in the muggle fashion because of this. Whether Circe cared, James didn't know, but he was comfortable with his abilities.

As night crept in, James watched the sun move down, Circe's head on his chest as they talked about trivial subjects. Which of them fell asleep first, James did not know, but being out in the middle of the night, with no worries in the world was quite a nice feeling.

The next day was much as James had said it would be. He swam quite a bit in the sea, with and without Circe for company. Mostly goofing around in the water, or else just chilling on one of the inflatables he'd found in the apartment they'd rented for the two weeks.

He'd taken much pleasure in helping Circe with her sun tan lotion when she asked him to help her, as he was sure she'd done the same when he'd asked for the favour to return. James had sun bathed for an hour or two on and off during the day, before pulling Circe back in to the sea, the apartment, or his sun lounger for a little bit of fun. After all, what kind of holiday would it be if he didn't make use of having Circe all to himself, and no one around for miles that could hear them?

The day had been very relaxing, and James had showered early in the evening before making his way to the kitchen. The fridge was stocked with food, and James had said he would cook that evening. Dressed only in a pair of shorts, James was cutting up the salad for that evening whilst the steaks he'd located cooked through. James' preference was medium rare, and that was how he was cooking them for the two of them.

Alcohol was already in flow - it was a holiday, after all - and James was drinking still, already less than sober in himself, but not as out of control as he had been the night he'd seen Eros. No, James still knew what he was doing.

Checking on the steaks, that were now looking good to eat, James plated up the dinner, and took it out to the decking where he'd set out the glasses of wine for them both. "Circe, dinner's ready." James called out, sitting down and tucking in to his own dinner without waiting for Circe. You could, after all, never make a romantic out of James.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity]   Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 12:35 pm

The night was beautiful and Circe had slept peacefully in the arms of the man she still couldn't believe was calling hers. James and Circe had been doing very well lately and Circe couldn't hide how happy she was feeling. The holidays were relaxing and the chosen location couldn't be any better. They were away from the world, alone, free to enjoy themselves. And that was exactly what they had been doing.

James was swimming almost the whole day, whilst she was mostly sunbathing, but also dragged into the sea by him. They were messing around like a couple in love and it was simply... thrilling. Circe had never felt like that before and it was fulfilling. After everything they had been through, all the pain and the fights and the craziest scenarios, they were here, together, and they had admitted to each other that they were both experiencing new feelings. Feelings they were trying to understand together. And there was nothing more magical than that.

After James promised to cook for them today, Circe went to have a nice, long, relaxing bath, while he was preparing some food for them to eat. Truth be told, she was starving, and since she had never had a taste of James' cooking skills, she was really curious as to what to expect.

"Circe, dinner's ready."

"Coming!"

Getting out of the bathtub, Circe slipped on her beautiful robe and walked out of the bedroom and towards the kitchen, barefoot.
Upon finding James already munching on his own food, Circe sighed and walked over to where her own plate was sitting and took a seat.

"It wouldn't be too bad to wait for me, you know."
And without another word, Circe took a bite out of the meat, closing her eyes and moaning at the taste. James was good and she was really starving so this, it was magical.
"Oh Merlin, it's so good!"
Grabbing her glass, she took a sip and looked at James. "Where did you learn how to cook?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity]   Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 8:51 pm

James' eyes lifted up from his food when he heard Circe getting closer, and, as always, his girlfriend looked... highly impressive. James eyes were not subtle as they landed on her partially exposed chest, his knife and fork pausing noticeably above his food until he caught himself again and remembered to continue on with what he'd been doing before hand.

Many a man might have commented on how beautiful their girlfriend looked in that moment, but James was not most men, and what he said was not deemed the normal approach. However, if you knew him, as Circe did to an extent by now, then the comments he made were meant to be compliments, normally placed in a not so romantic manner.

"Trying to distract me from my steak?" James asked, only moments before he was chastised for having started eating without her. "I was hungry, someone helped me build quite the appetite!" James replied, a cheeky grin touching his features for a moment as Circe took up her own cutlery and tucked in to the meal. James (unknowingly) waited for Circe to taste the food, looking for a reaction to how well he'd done in that moment. The soft moan that came was enough for the Potions Master to smirk in to his own, next mouthful.

His head made up a crude comment in respect to his capabilities, but, for once, James managed to stop himself from saying such a thing. This was Circe, after all, not a one night stand.

"Where did you learn how to cook?"

James let out a soft laugh at that question, believing the answer to be quite obvious in that moment. Taking up his glass, James took a sip, savouring it for a moment before swallowing, before looking back to Circe. His eyes were almost questioning if she had really just asked that question, but James replied, anyway. "I'm a Potions Master, there are similarities. Timings, care with ingredients, tricks of the trade." He explained, looking down at his plate for a moment before giving a small shrug.

"My mum always loved to cook for the family, she's a great cook. I picked a thing or two up from her. But Da always said I cooked the better steak." James explained, his tone a litle hesitant because this was... such a couply conversation, he wasn't one hundred percent sure if this was what Circe really wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity]   Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity] - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 2:17 pm

"Trying to distract me from my steak?"

If anyone knew James better than himself, it was Circe. And to most people, that small statement would mean nothing. But Circe knew better than that and so she couldn't help the small smile that touched her lips. James had complimented her in his own weird way. He was different and that was why Circe had fallen for him in the first place. Thinking how much they had been through, the witch didn't regret loving him. James had a beautiful soul, and all he needed was someone to help him find it.

But then she was tasting the food he had made and she was at loss of words. Truth be told, she wasn't sure James would truly cook for them, and she was also kinda scared of him burning things up, but one bite out of her steak was all it took for her to completely chance her mind. James was good in the kitchen, which made her wonder whether he should be the one making food at home too. She did all the cleaning after all.

"I'm a Potions Master, there are similarities. Timings, care with ingredients, tricks of the trade."

"You know I do not believe that this is a case.."
Circe looked up at him with a small smirk, finding hard to believe that this was the reason he was so good with cooking, but did not comment on it any further. She was too busy enjoying the food.

"My mum always loved to cook for the family, she's a great cook. I picked a thing or two up from her. But Da always said I cooked the better steak."

Nodding, Circe couldn't help but thinking about a child once again. Neither of them were stupid, and Circe knew that she was growing old. Being thirty already made her think of what she wanted to do with her life. She was nowhere near breaking up with James, that was obvious, but were they going to stay just a couple forever? Did she actually want to get married? And how exactly was she going to talk to him about having a child after everything that had happened?

"Have you.. ever thought about having children? Because.. you know.. it's been a while and we are working out well and... and I am getting old, James."
Circe could sense the tension rising and she knew that this might not be the right time to bring this up, but she had to do it eventually. And this was the time she had chosen. Right or wrong, she would get her answers.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity]   Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity] - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 6:54 pm

James put most of his cooking skills down to being good at Potions - it had a correlation, after all. But, he could recognise his mum had played a part in that from a young age. Of course, James being James would never admit to having enjoyed cooking from a young age. No, cooking was not exactly manly, unless cooking steak, or manning a BBQ. That much James could attest to.

Circe did not press, though, so James pushed the subject to one side.

Instead, he concentrated on the food, eating heartily and not really worrying about the conversation going astray. They were having a good conversation over trivial matters. Or... so James had believed.

"Have you.. ever thought about having children? Because.. you know.. it's been a while and we are working out well and... and I am getting old, James."

As those words came from Circe's mouth, James seemed to accidentally half swallow and inhale the piece of pea shoot salad he was eating, making him choke for a second or two as he finally managed to swallow the piece of food. Shock had hit him for a moment, making him incapable of eating as his eyes landed on the witch opposite him. "C-children?" James repeated, his face contorted a little with the pain of something trying to go down his throat. Patting his chest and giving a small cough to clear his throat, and adding a little bit of time to his response by taking a couple of sips of the wine, James thought about it.

"Well... I..." James' face made a grimace or two, because he was working through how to respond. Walls were trying to go up, but he was equally battling to keep them down, for Circe's sake. For his own sake. Taking another sip of his wine, James put his knife and fork down and then concentrated on Circe.

"Children scare me." James admitted out right to the woman before him. "Not in that they're scary, I work with them every day. But... having my own children... that is scary. I'm not saying I don't want children. I'm saying I don't know how to have them - as in, how to look after them. I'm all for the making them. But... it's the bit after that."

James paused, looking down at his food momentarily before looking back at Circe. "I'm not saying no to children. I've thought about it, yes. I would like one, yes. And, you're not old. I think I'm supposed to tell you that so you don't get moody with me, right? Because I certainly don't want to be on the couch listening to P!nk songs tonight."

By the time James had finished, he was smiling, letting out a little laugh at his own joke to defuse his own uncertainty, his own weakness that resided in his head. He just hoped he'd said enough to appease Circe's wishes as he lifted his glass once more.

He was going to need another couple of glasses by the time this evening was done, he was sure of that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity]   Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity] - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 8:23 pm

The choking that followed after her question, cause Circe to get extremely nervous out of a sudden. She knew that the subject was quite sensitive, but she couldn't possibly believe that James would take it so bad. Children were not something they had been planning at all, and they were still developing. But after everything they've been through, Circe had actually started to believe that there was something deeper between them. She loved James, more than any woman would ever love him. She understood and accepted him. And he had sacrificed a lot for her, something that didn't go unnoticed by the witch. She was sure she wanted to be with him... and children were something that would follow, if he wanted as well, of course.

"C-children?"

Thankfully, James was not in danger as he swallowed the food that had been stuck, and was now back to the discussion. Obviously not very happy about it, though. She had never meant to push things too far, but now it was done and she couldn't change it. All she could do was listen to what he had to say, and hope that he was not going to crush every last hope she had.

"Children scare me."

"Oh?"
Circe could not hide the surprise that popped up at that statement. James had always been the strong figure of the relationship. The more.. distant one. The strict one. And she could never bring herself to believe that James would be so scared of children. It was absurd. They were harmless!

"Not in that they're scary, I work with them every day. But... having my own children... that is scary. I'm not saying I don't want children. I'm saying I don't know how to have them - as in, how to look after them. I'm all for the making them. But... it's the bit after that."

At the explanation that followed, Circe tried to hide her disappointment with a nod. She understood, she really did, but it didn't mean that she didn't feel sad about all of this. Circe had turned thirty, and as much as it didn't sound so bad to others, to hers, it was a warning. She was getting old, despite what James thought, and if he didn't help her with it, Circe would get depressed.

"I'm not saying no to children. I've thought about it, yes. I would like one, yes. And, you're not old. I think I'm supposed to tell you that so you don't get moody with me, right? Because I certainly don't want to be on the couch listening to P!nk songs tonight."

"It's okay," Circe murmured, putting on a smile and hoping it would be enough. She wanted to drop the subject, and not discuss it any further. She had heard enough for the day, and even though it was not what she wanted to hear, it was better than she expected. James wanted a child, just not now. And Circe wanted something more.

Pushing herself up, she grabbed her glass, filled it with wine and walked over to James, hesitantly leaning down to kiss his cheek.
"I will go for a walk on the beach.."
And with that, she turned away and made her way out. She needed some fresh air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity]   Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to Ourselves (Circe & James) [TW: Nudity]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2