Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Back in England { Open } Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Back in England { Open } Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Back in England { Open } Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Back in England { Open } Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Back in England { Open } Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Back in England { Open }

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Back in England { Open } Empty
PostSubject: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 10:16 am

Having been away from England for the past few years, Pandora found herself suddenly with so much time on her hands that she had no idea what to do. The woman had been traveling to keep herself from getting bored while thinking of what to do with her life.

Being an Ancient Runes Mistress meant that she could join Gringotts and become a Curse Breaker or become a teacher. She wasn't really sure which one she preferred and truthfully with how her life had been for the past few years she would love to have a job that would keep her grounded for a bit. Traveling so much was bound to get boring in the long run if she had nowhere to go.

Sighing softly, Pandora stepped through the doorway into Diagon Alley and made her way down the street, her eyes flicking one way and the other. She wasn't exactly here to shop but she could splurge some money.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 9:11 pm

OOC: I apologise in advance for Nero xD

Nero was in a rush - he had an important business meeting to attend in just short of an hour, but he also had a small errand to run for his daughter. Truth be told, being a dad was no easy feat. Dodging away from it for eleven (nearly twelve) years had been easy. No, manning up to the happenstances of your past was difficult, especially when you had to make sure the fridge was full, and the child was entertained whilst you added a few million more Galleons to your Gringotts account.

Slipping out of the coffee shop in Diagon Alley, a half folded copy of the Daily Prophet's Financial Section in his left hand, and a coffee cup in his right, Nero walked down the street with little and less regard for those around him. People would either move, or get hit, and nine times out of ten, people apologised to him once they realised who he was.

Which, rather unfortunately, was exactly what happened not two seconds later. Nero's coffee fell from his hand, splashing all over the cobbled pavement. His head moved up from the paper in his hand to see who the culprit was for wasting a very good Americano coffee. "Sorry, can't say I saw you there, Miss...?" Nero enquired, slipping from minor annoyance in to flattering tones in a mere millisecond as he took in the witch before him with a barely contained, wolfish grin.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 12:34 am

OOC: Sorry I just saw this here x'D

Diagon Alley was a bustle of life as always and Pandora had to fight to keep the scowl of her face as people just kept pushing and being shoved into her. She was tempted to cast a protego around herself just to stop people from approaching her bubble but she knew that it would be rude thus she just clenched her teeth and bore with the amount of people that just bumped into her.

Thankfully people just seemed to part for some reason, not that she cared, so she just calmly walked through the empty spaces between them, weaving in left and right however soon enough she was bumped into again and this time she had also been, slightly, splashed with hot coffee. Staring blankly at her dress, that she had just gotten two days ago she would like to point out and it had cost her at least a few good galleons, Pandora took a deep breath before she looked up, a retort already on her lips that died the moment she was shot that wolfish grin by the man.

"Brighton. Pandora Brighton." She introduced herself with a slight curtsy, curiously looking at the good-looking man in front of her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 11:26 am

The introduction made Nero nod his head once, a satisfied look almost touching his features. Truth be told, Nero enjoyed the out of usual names - in his head he wondered how it would sound in the middle of a highly passionate evening... but, he brought himself back to the present. After all, you had to charm a lady in the streets before you could charm her in the sheets.

"Well, I'm very sorry Miss Brighton." Nero replied sincerely after her introduction. The younger woman seemed a little flustered, what with dipping in to a small curtsy. Or... perhaps she recognised him and thought he got off on that kind of flattery. Nero decided on the former, because the second option was unappealing, to say the least.

"Let me help you with those stains." Nero continued, slipping his wand from his jacket and effortlessly casting a cleaning spell upon her clothes where his coffee had spilled. "I was too busy trying to catch up with the Financial Summaries of this morning's newspaper. Do forgive me. I'm Nero, by the way, Nero Whitehorn. Of the Nimbus Racing Broom Company." He introduced. Showing off precisely who he was was not something Nero minded doing. After all, why have such a business if you couldn't name drop every once in a while?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 10:38 am

"It's alright Sir." Pandora reassured the male as she tugged on her hair, looking at anywhere but the man in front of her who made her feel like a teenager again. She hadn't certainly expected to meet anyone like Nero so soon after coming back from her travels.

Having been away from England for quite a while, Pandora certainly hadn't kept up with any news about people or companies thus the man's name certainly hadn't startled her or anything. However when he told her he was the of the Nimbus Racing Broom Company she was, understandably, surprised. She really should start reading about events in England again if she hadn't even know who the owner of the company was.

"Thank you." She nodded her head to his help of getting the stains of the dress, thankful that the coffee hadn't stained in. She would've been pissed otherwise; she was a girl after all and while she didn't really care about the dress she had paid quite the penny for it. "It's mice to meet you Mr Whitehorn." She stated kindly, her head tilted to the side. She certainly hadn't expected to meet the owner of Nimbus just by casually strolling through Diagon.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 3:57 pm

Nero smiled at the word Sir, it wasn't one he heard from his employees, truth be told, he wasn't for all of that. But, he understood that it was meant as some kind of formality that wasn't necessary in that moment.

"The pleasure is all mine, believe me." Nero replied, meaning it much more in a flattering manner than anything else in that moment. "Might I be so bold as to ask you for a drink?" Nero continued, slipping a hand in to his suit jacket and pulling out one of his business cards. Offering it to the witch before him, Nero pretended to contemplate for a moment.

"Say, eight o'clock tomorrow evening? The Leaky Cauldron?" He prompted. Dinner would be much too formal, and much too much of a promise of similar occasions. Drinks, in Nero's mind, was friendly enough, but no promise of anything more. She could deny him, of course, but Nero was optimistic in his chances.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 6:56 pm

Pandora stared at the man in front of her, a small smile playing on her lips as she accepted the business card, holding it in her hand and pressing it towards her lips, a flirty smile on them as she tapped it against them. "I might be persuaded to accept." She stated with a soft giggle as she watched him contemplate on deciding when they would meet.

Pretending to contemplate herself, Pandora looked to the side before she nodded her head, her brown locks bouncing at the movement. "It's a date then." She teased the older male with a chuckle as she slipped the card into her purse, her eyes flicking towards the name and number on it before she looked back at Nero. "Should I dress casual or formal?" She questioned; with Nero being the owner of Nimbus and with the Daily Prophet being quite nosy about these things she didn't want to wear anything too casual but nothing too formal either. It would be the first time she would be on a date-like meeting with someone in the past few years.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 7:35 pm

The question on how to dress brought a smile to Nero's feature, before he gave a casual shrug. "I would never be one to tell a lady what she can or cannot wear. Me, I'll be wearing something... smart casual, I would imagine. Jeans, a suit jacket. The Leaky Cauldron is not the Ritz." He explained. The Daily Prophet could write any story they liked, it would not change Nero's answer to the question that had been asked.

After all, what was the point in living up to other people's expectations?

"Until tomorrow, Miss Brighton." Nero finalised, giving a small bow of his head before he hurried off down the cobbled pavement that was Diagon Alley towards the large building occupied by his company. Hopefully, that would be enough to fill the younger witch's head with thoughts of him for the next thirty hours, or so. Work the magic that he didn't even need to be an active part of.

As the clock struck seven thirty the following evening, Nero pulled on a suit jacket over his white t-shirt and dark blue jeans. He sprayed enough aftershave over his neck and clothes to be enticing, but not so much as to overpower the woman he was off to meet. Nero proceeded to check his hair was subtly ruffled to have the desired look of not being clinically clean, but not messy either, before popping a mint in to his mouth and apparating down to Diagon Alley.

The streets were much quieter of an evening, but Nero would not fall in to the false pretense of them being safer. Moving swiftly down to the end of the Alley, the businessman stepped in to the Leaky Cauldron - which had had a little refurbishing over the years, but still had a way to go before it would be deemed a nice place to go - and to the bar. Ordering a Jack on the Rocks, Nero moved with his glass to an empty booth, sitting back, relaxed.

Being early meant he could watch the room for a little while, let his mind unwind, and get ready for the evening to come. Whether Miss Brighton would end up a conquest was the only thing Nero had in mind, but he had to play it cool. As always.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 8:42 pm

Pandora nodded her head at his words and was already thinking of what to wear to the meeting. She wasn't going to wear anything too revealing but nothing too restrictive either. She didn't want to come off as easy or as a prude after all; Nero was a good looking man and Pandora prided herself on being beautiful as well so she was going to try and bring those qualities of her to the front. After all no-one said that you couldn't hope for something after the meeting.

"Until tomorrow Mr Whitehorn." She replied in kind and watched him hurry off towards the Nimbus building, a small smile on her face as she turned and walked towards the more expensive part of Diagon. She had been planning to go shopping for some new clothes and now was the perfect chance to spulrge some money on clothes.

Tomorrow evening would certainly be enjoyable.

The following evening Pandora was dressed in a simple deep-blue sleeveless shirt and black shorts with a pair of black gladiator sandal's on her feet. She grabbed a jacket to throw on should it get cooler later on in the night before she left the house after waving goodbye to her father and older brothers, quickly apparating to Diagon Alley and then making her way towards the Leaky Cauldron.

She had her wand strapped under her shorts just in case she would it need so she wasn't without any protection at least.

Slipping inside the pub, Pandora was quick to order herself a Jack with coke before she looked around for Nero and she found him quick enough when her eyes moved over the booths; it wasn't that hard to notice Nero. Moving through the crowd, Pandora smiled at the older male.

"Good evening Mr Whitehorn." She murmured softly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 9:45 pm

Nero had spotted Pandora when she slipped through the door of the pub, his eyes had (not so subtly) followed her all the way to the bar. An effort had been made, Nero could definitely see that, but it wasn't over done. Pandora knew how to impress without going overboard, and the businessman liked that very much. Nero made no move to attract her attention, though, there was no rush on his behalf, and as she turned with her drink, Nero averted his eyes.

Playing it casual, as always.

After a moment or so, Nero allowed himself to look once more, and gave the witch a small smile when she looked his way. Making himself sit up a little straighter, Nero half stood up as Pandora seated herself opposite him. "Please, call me Nero." He replied as she greeted. "Good evening, though." Nero added only a moment later, taking up his seat once more.

"I'm glad that nothing more pressing cropped up since our last meeting. We salvaged your dress, I hope? Otherwise I'm going to have to insist on giving you the money to replace it." Nero enquired. Merlin knew he didn't need the commotion of a smitten young woman chasing after him for damaged clothes, but he was quite sure he'd fixed the mistake he'd made. "I'll do my best not to ruin your chosen outfit for this evening. Which, if I may, makes you look stunning." Nero commented, though the way he said the word stunning compared to how a younger male might say the word made it sound like he'd called her beautiful, or likened her to something of the same meaning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in England { Open }   Back in England { Open } Empty

Back to top Go down

Back in England { Open }
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next