Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?


Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
OOC Chatbox
House Points 2022/23

225

100

170

145
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 28 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:36 pm
Latest topics
» Remembering the Boy in the Window (Jax)
by Mimosa Harrington Today at 12:40 pm

» Why I am really here ?(For Aza charries)
by Sasha Denver Today at 11:55 am

» Forbidden No More (Open)
by Sasha Denver Today at 11:39 am

» Versailles 2013 (Clements & Kit Harrington)
by Louis Clement Today at 11:27 am

» Letting Go (Open)
by Cammie Danvers-Smith Yesterday at 8:37 pm

Lesson Two
Unanswered Open Threads


IC Chatbox

Share | 
 

 Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 884
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:09 pm

The Great Hall begins to empty as the students trickle out from breakfast. Eventually, the Hall is bare of any students except for you, and as you stand from your seat to leave your attention is pulled away from the treasure hunt by something unusual out of the corner of your eye. At the front, where the Professors usually sit, is a pedestal. It’s not that tall, perhaps only half your height, and is pure white. You can see intricate designs of leaves carved around it.

On top of the pedestal is a chest. You take a few steps closer to investigate. It’s not too large but you know that with magic, it could hold far more than meets the eye. It is a bit shabby and old looking, as if it's gone unopened for many years, a layer of dust and what seems to be cobwebs covering it. There are hints of water damage; the lock is tight and made of a strong metal that has some traces of rust on it, and there is moss growing on the side of the chest.


What do you do?

a) Approach and investigate the chest
b) Open the chest with Alohomora
c) Ignore the chest and leave the Great Hall

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another color, or bolded.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:50 pm

Cassiopeia awhile leaving she noticed the chest with the corner of her eye. So she decided to check it out. She was always so curious about things around her. She walked over the pedestal and up do it towards the chest. She really was curious why was even this old and shabby chest. She couldn't figure it out. Still, she wanted to check what was in it. She wasn't sure how she could open it. She knew that she didn't have the key for this one for sure.

Cassie took few steps back from the chest. The Hufflepuff took her wand out and pointed it towards the chest. "Alohomora," she said there with a bright voice and wondered if this will help her to open this chest or not. She didn't really wanna touch this chest with her bare hands. She knew she has touched more terrible things in her life but right now she didn't want to get her hands dirty. She just didn't feel like doing it. So using spell seemed so much better idea.

b) Open the chest with Alohomora
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 884
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:52 pm

Deciding that the best option is to use Alohomora, you get out your wand and cast the spell, moving the wand in the familiar ‘s’ shape. The purple light hits the chest and a click echoes around the hall as the lock opens and drops to the floor. Nothing happens for a moment and you take a step closer. Suddenly, the top bursts open and there are squeaks that fill the empty hall. There is a blur of blue as something emerges from the chest and flies over your head.

The door to the great hall slams shut and you turn to find that it’s being guarded by six creatures. They are eight inches high and are electric blue. They have long pointed ears and long arms, three fingers on each hand. You recognise them as Cornish Pixies.

They start chattering to each other, loud, shrill noises that hurts your ears. You notice one of them is holding a piece of paper -- that must be the clue! Gripping your wand tightly, you prepare to fight them.


a) Defeat the pixies in order to receive the clue. End your post with picking up the clue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:16 pm

Cassiopeia is a bit of shocked when her spell seemed to work and had opened the chest. But when she sees that the lock is on the floor and chest seemed to be unharmed she walks closer do it. Since nothing didn't happen and she wants to see what is in there.

But suddenly when she so close that she can see in the box there is suddenly some things flying around her head. She looks more closely at them. There is six of them and they are very small only eight inches. Also, she could tell that they were electric blue there. She thought few seconds and tried to remember the Magical Creatures. Suddenly answers pop in her point and she knows that these creatures are Cornish Pixies.

The girl just sighs and walks away from the chest. She even knows what she needs to do when she realises that one of them is even holding the piece of paper, what she wants to get from them now. She still did hold her wand in her right hand actually. She didn't like their noises it made her ears hurt actually. So she wanted to end this pain as soon as possible.

"Immobulus," was what she said now and was pointing towards the pixies her wand. After she had done it she used her wand again to bring the clue away from the pixies. So she could read it. She didn't really wanna go near them. She was a bit of scared of the pixies but she tried to not show it out there right now as always.
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 884
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:56 pm

5.
The clue reads:

Brewing potions isn’t easy unless you have all the ingredients and the skill. Luckily, three have already been made for you. Find them where you first learnt how to use your cauldron. Choose wisely and your next clue will be revealed.

Quickly, you make your way down to the dungeons, bypassing empty classrooms until you reach the Potions Classroom. Stepping inside, you find, as the note had said, three small glasses on the table. You approach them.

The first contains liquid that is clear and has no special scent, instead appearing to be water. Upon closer examination, you realise that it’s slightly thicker than normal water, but other than that there’s nothing to give away what it could be.

The second glass has a light gold liquid inside, reminding you of the sky at sunset. It’s got swirls of orange inside, and smells faintly of carrots, but other than that has no scent. It’s thick, like medicine, but doesn’t look unpleasant.

The last glass contains a beautiful dark blue liquid that sparkles in the light. There appears to be bits and pieces of glitter inside it as it refracts the light. It smells familiar, but you can’t quite place it. It makes you feel safe and relaxed.

You are now faced with a choice.


Which potion do you drink?

a) The clear, almost water-like liquid
b) The bright golden liquid
c) The dark blue, sparkly liquid

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another color, or bolded.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:17 am

Cassiopeia did read the piece of the paper in her hands. She knew very well where she needed to go. It was the reason why she was walking towards Dungeons and the Potions classroom right now. She soon reached there and walked into the classroom.

She looked what she saw there on the table. There were three different potions and she did examine all of them before she decided to drink one of them. She could tell they all were different liquids for sure. She had no idea what potions these were exactly but this wasn't really that important right now. She knew she needed to choose only one.

She thought there for awhile and decided to go with the middle one, the second one. She reached towards it. And really hoped it was the right one there. This treasure hunt seemed to be fun for sure and same time interesting even. Everything with magic can be more fun for Cassie.

b) The bright golden liquid
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 884
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:50 am

8a.
The golden liquid seems to be a wise choice and you down it. It’s not unpleasant, tasting only slightly of carrots, but it’s thick and hard to swallow. For a while, nothing happens and you wonder if you’ve wasted your time -- but then, slowly, your start to see a tint of gold around your vision. You blink a few times, trying to clear it, but it only gets worse until all you can see is a film of gold.

Abruptly, the film clears, and as you look around, you realise you can see something written on the wall that wasn’t there before. Written in gold letters, it says:

Make your way to Greenhouse Two to find the next clue. Remember to watch your step, but don’t be afraid to take a leap of faith!

You leave the potions behind and make your way outside to the Greenhouses, finding Greenhouse Two easily enough. Opening the door, you find it’s pitch black. You take a while to adjust, but once you do, you realise that in front of you is a pit. Remembering the instructions of the clue, you take the jump and find yourself being grabbed by a plant! It twists itself around you and starts to squeeze.

You realise that you can’t reach your wand.


What do you do?

a) Struggle
b) Don’t struggle

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another color, or bolded.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:01 am

Cassiopeia did drink the liquid slowly but it didn't taste so good as she had thought for sure. There was a taste of carrot but it wasn't easy to swallow since it was thick. So she somehow managed to get it down from her throat. She wasn't really sure if she had made the right choice at first. She didn't see there happening anything for awhile. So she was almost ready to try something else until suddenly there was a tint of gold in her vision.

She began to blink because of this but blinking seemed to do things only worse, not better. There was suddenly some film of gold. She wasn't sure what was going on and she was so confused for sure. After it all keeps clearing she noticed the writing on the wall what wasn't there before. She reads it now there. She thinks a little bit and then walks towards the Greenhouse two.

When she walked in then it was so dark in there. She couldn't see there barely anything. When her eyes did adjust with the light she saw there a pit. She remembers the next part of the clue and jumps back but she is too late since the plant grabs here and began to squees there. She knows she can't struggle there. It's something that she remembers from the herbology lessons. She is grateful that even she can remember bits of things from lessons.

b) Don’t struggle
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 884
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:07 am

10a.
You relax, deciding not to fight the plant. The tentacles tightens a little, but still you do nothing, and a moment later you feel it stop. Bit by bit it loosens its grip until you find that you are slipping down, past it, and a few seconds later you drop down softly and unharmed onto the ground below. Already adjusted to the dimness of the area, you look around and find that you are in the middle of a small hallway. In front of you is a door with a note on it.

Your next task brings you into the lake. Choose wisely.

To your left is what appears to be a dead tree stump on top of a bottle of something green. From where you are, it looks like slimy, grey-green rat tails. There’s a label on the jar, but you can’t make it out from here.

To your right is a small table with ingredients and a cauldron in the middle of it. There’s a piece of parchment beside it, and while it appears to be a list of instructions, you can’t read what the potion is or how to make it.


Which do you choose?

a) Investigate the potions table
b) Investigate the mysterious jar under the stump

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another colour, or bolded.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Mon May 01, 2017 8:36 pm

Cassiopeia did relax awhile she was still up in the air by the plant which had grabbed her earlier. She wanted almost move when plant tentacles seemed to tighten around her body but she decided it would better not move. She wanted to get out from it alive. She was glad when it began to loosen its grip around her. She was even more glad to be soon back on the ground. Being up there in the air was a bit of scary for her since the girl wasn't that big fan of heights.

Since her eyes had already adjusted the dimness then she looked around for some clues now. She knew somewhere here should be some new ones. Before she noticed the door where next clue was she noticed that she was in some kind of hallway. Soon after that Hufflepuff girl noticed the door with writing on it.

She read it and smiled. She looked to either side of her and wondered which way she should now choose. She wasn't really sure which was the best option there even. She calculated basically both options in her mind. The potion or then the jar. She couldn't really choose.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a second. She needed to figure out what she should do. She opened her eyes and looked around her.

A few seconds later Cassiopeia walked over the stump. She decided to go to that jar. Since she wasn't so sure that she will like to do potion right now since she wasn't that good in that class.

b) Investigate the mysterious jar under the stump
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 884
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Tue May 02, 2017 12:53 am

12a
You decide to investigate the stump. The label on the jar says ‘Gillyweed’. As you near it, you take in the stump. It’s old, with moss growing at the side, and thick branches curled inwards. The jar sits in the middle of an opening of the trunk; it is just wide enough for your hand to reach inside and pull out the jar.

You take another step forward and at once the plant springs to life. The branches extend outwards, vines emerging from somewhere inside it. They are long and thin, covered in thorns, and wave around dangerously. You hesitate and realise that they aren’t reaching for you, and seem to be moving at random, protecting the jar. If you are fast enough, you could reach inside and grab it without getting hurt, or you could try and use a spell.

The other option you have is to ignore the plant altogether and opt for brewing the potion instead.


What do you do?

a) Get the jar of Gillyweed (write the successful obtaining of the jar to continue)
b) Go over to the potions table

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another colour, or bolded.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Tue May 02, 2017 10:59 am

Cassiopeia takes few steps closer to the stump, when she is close enough she notices that on the jar is written Gillyweed. If she remembers right from the lessons then these plants help you breathe under the water. She remembers that next clue had something to do with the lake. She figured she would have to go now under the water.

When she was close enough to pull out the jar out of stump opening but before she can do it some branches began to move. At first girl things that they try to harm her there but she soon enough understands that they just try to protect the jar there. She sighs and wonders how she could get the jar there now.

She knows she could use spells but she couldn't remember any good ones there really. Well, those all she remember won't be very useful ones. So she decided just reach it. She took a deep breath and looked for few minutes of those branches moved there around.

She soon reached towards the jar and somehow she managed to get it successfully into her hands. She was glad she did it. So that means she can continue her treasure hunt now.

a) Get the jar of Gillyweed
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 884
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Tue May 02, 2017 12:00 pm

13b
You manage to get the jar from the stump successfully. Taking it with you, you leave the hall through the door, making your way down to the Black Lake. Reaching the shore you look around and notice there is a sign post that has never been there before. Beneath it is a locked box. The sign post explains that the box is magically locked and can only be opened with the key -- which is located somewhere in the marked out section of the lake.

It goes on to tell you that there are three areas for you to explore. The first is the kelp forest. The second is a rock pile. The third is a small cave. It ends with wishing you luck and adds that if you run into trouble to shoot red sparks from your wand; the merpeople on standby will assist you.

You eat the Gillyweed just before you enter the water. You feel the gills grow and you plunge into the lake and find you can breathe without issues. You start to swim downwards, and soon find yourself facing the decision of which area to search first.


Where do you go?

a) The kelp forest
b) The rock pile
c) The small cave

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another colour, or bolded.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Wed May 03, 2017 11:19 am

Cassiopeia was glad when she got the jar in her hands. Which meant she can continue the treasure hunt there now, even if she had no idea what she will get if she finishes it. Anyways she left hall trough the door and began to walk towards the lake since it was only place where she knew was water.

When she reached the shore of it, she noticed there sign. Also that there was chest under it. Those signs did tell her what she should to do now. She looked at the lake and sighed. She wasn't for sure the best swimmer but she managed. She took the Gillyweed in and walked towards the water.

She could feel of gills began to grow there now and she plunged into the water, where she realised she can breathe under water without issues. She actually likes it. She smiled and did swim bit further into the water.

Soon there are three ways she could go. She decided to try out that cave there. It seemed the most interesting place for her. She just loved to explore unknown places and she has never been there.

c) The small cave
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 884
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Wed May 03, 2017 6:01 pm

16a
The cave is what you decide on and you swim towards it. It’s badly lit and small, and you take a moment to adjust to the light. Something glimmers at the very back. You just manage to make out the shape of a key hanging on the wall! It seems that the cave was the smart choice, and you move forward to take the key. Suddenly, something darts out from a small crevice hidden at the back.

It’s a small creature, green in colour, long tentacle like fingers moving around it. It’s a grindylow! It bears its teeth at you. The key seems to be under its protection. If you want it, you have to fight it. As you prepare to do so a second thought hits you -- you could always ask the merpeople for help.


What do you do?

a) Fight the creature yourself
b) Ask the merpeople for help

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another colour, or bolded.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Sat May 06, 2017 10:46 am

Cassiopeia swims closer to gave and when she is near it, she notices it's small and it's also very lit. So it took few times to her to adjust with the light until she noticed something shining end of the cave. It was the even shape of the key but before she could even reach some creature appeared in front of her. She was surprised about it for sure.

She noticed it was green, it had long tentacles moving around like fingers. She recognised it soon as the Grindlow, she had seen it somewhere in the book. She usually doesn't read them but this one she had read. She is taken back there for few seconds and she is ready to fight until she remembers she could ask merpeople to help her out.

She thinks little and decided to ask their help since she didn't really know very much spells what could be really helpful here under water.

b) Ask the merpeople for help
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 884
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Sat May 06, 2017 7:30 pm

18b
You raise your wand and conjure up red sparks. Within seconds a merperson is there and begins to talk to the grindylows. They begin to leave, and soon they are all gone. The merperson takes the key and passes it to you before leaving.

You make your way out of the cave and back to the shore. Quickly, you unlock the box. Inside is your next clue.

Follow the path of life to find the shack in the middle of the forest.

You head into the forest, walking down the only path further into the thicket of trees. A few moments in, you find that the road splits into three. A signpost labels the paths with a mere picture; the one on the right is marked by a crude drawing of a flame, the one in the middle is marked by a drawing of a water droplet, and the one to the left is marked by a drawing of a leaf.


Which path do you take?

a) The right one (marked by the drawing of a flame)
b) The middle one (marked by the drawing of a water droplet)
c) The left one (marked by the drawing of a leaf)

(OOC: At the end of your post, please make your choice clear by writing it in another colour, or bolded.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Sun May 07, 2017 7:30 pm

Cassiopeia raises her wand and conjures red sparks from it. A few seconds later merperson is there and it begins to talk with the Grindylows there now. Soon they all are gone and merperson takes the key from there. It gives the key to Cassie and she thanks it for helping her out before it disappears again.

After that, the Hufflepuff girl swims back to shore and walks over the box. She quickly unlocks it. Inside from there, she founds the next clue. She reads it very carefully and soon after that she walks into the forest.

Soon the road splits to three ways. She saws that there are three signs. They all have a different item on it. She sees on signs flame, water and leaf. She thinks about the clue she did get. Since it said to follow the life path then she decided to go to the left where was a leaf. Only thing what seemed to represent life.

She realised this treasure hunt wasn't so easy as she at first thought it could be. You need to be quite smart to figure it out. So far her guesses have been pretty good ones. She has chosen things very randomly but same time has used some brain of hers. She hoped this will end soon.

c) The left one (marked by the drawing of a leaf)
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

avatar

Posts : 884
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Tue May 09, 2017 9:28 pm

21
You choose the leaf path. You begin to walk along a dirt path that veers to the left. The vegetation begins to thicken considerably. Shrubs line the paths, and as you continue to walk, you notice the trees get taller and taller, the trunks getting thicker, gnarled roots poke through the ground. The path becomes more difficult to follow, becoming littered with fallen leaves. Soon enough, you’re walking along mulch that cushions each foot fall. Gnarled roots now partially block the path in which you follow. Though you step over each with ease. You come to a small cave, one which you would need to crawl to get through.

There’s a red arrow drawn on the side, indicating that that would be the correct way to go. So naturally, you crawl through. The cave floor is damp and muddy, but you continue, seeing that not too far ahead, there’s an opening. Once you’re through, you stand, hands and knees covered in mud, the vegetation noticeably thinner. Walking another hundred meters or so, you see that you’re back to the beginning of the track, somehow having come out of the water path.


a) There’s only one option left -- the path of fire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   Thu May 18, 2017 9:13 am

Awhile walking and walking Cassiopeia notices that tree becomes bigger. She founds it odd but doesn't say anything. She just keeps walking. Even trunks began to get tighter, so she realises that this wasn't right choice probably but she still keeps going on. Soon the path is harder to follow even but she still keeps going there, maybe she finds a way out from here. Soon even the fallen leaves make it be there like a cushion which she finds so out but she still keeps going on. Until she is front of some cave. She sighs and begins to crawl through it there.

"Eww," she says when she realises it so muddy there. She knows that her clothes will be now very buddy when she is done crawling. She soon reaches to the end of the cave and smiles for seconds. She looks around and realises that it's the water path and there is now one path where to go. The fire path.

She sighs and looks at her clothes. They were for sure muddy. She didn't know the cleaning spell so she just shrugged. She began to follow the then fire path.

the path of fire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer   

Back to top Go down
 
Treasure Hunt - Cassiopeia Mercer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» A little treasure hunt [Completed Task]
» Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)
» Callum Hunt
» [Event] Treasure island?
» CRIUS, Cassiopeia Germaine

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts & Beyond :: Archives :: Archived Threads :: Archives Game Eight-
Jump to: