Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Moving Day (Scott) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Moving Day (Scott) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Moving Day (Scott) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Moving Day (Scott) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Moving Day (Scott) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Moving Day (Scott)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Moving Day (Scott) Empty
PostSubject: Moving Day (Scott)   Moving Day (Scott) EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 5:43 am

TW: Swearing "duh"

"Fuck," Joshua whispered under his breath, hoping that the word would only be heard by the party to which the word had been referring. The wizard could feel a slight pain in his toe that had been caused by a sudden pause in motion. He had had a plan as to how today's events would unfold; an eight step process to a smooth move. But he'd barely gotten to step four and the entire thing was already going to Hell. Mumbling to himself, Joshua looked to a piece of paper that was now crumbled between his hand and a cloth leash.

8 steps to a dope day
1. Get a dog
1 1/2. Name the dog Husky (It doesn't have to be a husky. Just name it husky. You'll understand by step four probably)
2. Pack all of your shit into suitcases and stack them onto the sleigh you bought at the junk shop
3. Apparate to University
4. Attach the reigns to Husky and have him carry the sleigh through campus so you don't have to
5. Once you and Husky have made it to the flat, ask someone if dogs are allowed on campus
6. Call mom and dad to let them know you're safe, or at least to let them know they're not paying for a dead body to attend school
7. Meet the neighbors
8. Have a dank ass party

As a plan often does, this plan had looked a lot better in Joshua's mind than it looked now that it was material. Husky, the French Bulldog that Joshua had bought at the pet shop, did not seem to enjoy the idea of hauling a sleigh stacked high with trunks and other objects that Joshua'd assumed he would need. He walked for exactly a minute after arriving, stopping with no notice and causing the boy to stub his toe on the ground. Joshua had wanted a sleigh dog; a husky or at least something stronger, but this dog had been all they had available.

"You're a bull dog" He said to the dog, kneeling down so that they would be on equal levels. "You are supposed to be tough. Weakness is not tough. Giving up and popping a fucking squat in the middle of campus is not tough. There is nothing tough about anything you are doing right now, tough guy." While these were obviously words of fury, Joshua looked and spoke as though he was simply joking with his friend the French Bulldog named Husky.

What a way to start higher education, he thought, mentally choking on the word education. Upon the end of his days at Hogwarts, Joshua Abbott had never thought he'd ever step foot at another school ever again. But here he was; partly because his parents had contacted him for the first time in a year only to tell him that they would only give him living money if he continued in his studies. In all honesty, Joshua did not need their money. He had the ability to make his own way. But it was the only way to hear from them, wasn't it?

He had also chosen to pursue higher education based on the fact that he'd come up with the greatest idea for a career and he would need some very specific knowledge in order to be successful in the field.

"Wingardium Leviosa," Joshua said, pointing at the dog and the sleigh.
"Merry fucking Christmas."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Moving Day (Scott) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving Day (Scott)   Moving Day (Scott) EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 8:01 am

Kenny whistled to himself as he strolled across the campus grounds, wheeling a bright red hand truck in front of him. Well, the hand truck was actually a mini fridge, but he'd transfigured it into a hand truck so he could wheel his luggage up to his flat. He passed a boy around his age who was currently muttering swear words and levitating a bulldog harnessed to a sled full of luggage. Well, that's interesting, he thought, doubling back.

He had one requirement for the friends he made at uni--don't be boring. He was planning to spend the next four years here, he'd need to find people that could amuse him for at least that long. A boy whose first impression was a flying sleigh and a bulldog would be very entertaining indeed, at least for a while. Striking up a friendship seemed like a promising idea.

"Hello," he said. "Would you like some wheels? Your dog looks very uncomfortable in the air, and the sled would be easier to pull on the ground if it had wheels."

He thought for a second, his lip twisting contemplatively as he appraised the dog. "Actually, no, I know what the real problem is." He grabbed the first thing on hand--a pinecone near his foot--and tapped it with his wand. With a snap, it morphed into a pair of plush reindeer antlers. He stuck them on the dog's head.

"Much better. Could probably use some lights though, if you wanna go all out. I'm Scott, by the way. You're pretty cute," he said with a wink and cheeky grin, looking the other boy up and down. "Wanna be friends?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Moving Day (Scott) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving Day (Scott)   Moving Day (Scott) EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Obviously unused to being suspended in the air, Husky the French bulldog flailed his little legs as though he were trying to swim through the sky. As he did this, the sleigh moved forward behind him. A look of pride grew across Joshua's face. He'd had a good idea for once. Well, he always had good ideas. This was simply a very good idea. Right as Joshua began to walk forward with the sleigh, a voice started towards his direction. He lifted a hand to the dog, telling him to stop. (Husky was very grateful for the opportunity to take a break).

"Wheels?" Joshua asked, a light laughter following the word. He found it ridiculous, the idea that he may want a set of wheels for a sleigh. Why, if he'd wanted his dog to wheel a cart through campus he would have given it a cart, wouldn't he have? Instead of explaining this to the stranger, he simply said,
"His name is Husky. Huskies are historically known to be sleigh dogs. Why would I want a dog named after sleigh dogs to pull something with wheels? It defeats the purpose of the name." He explained this as though it made perfect sense because it did. Husky looked down to him, tongue out as if the entire conversation made no sense.

Announcing that he knew what the real problem was, the man gave Husky a set of reindeer antlers. Joshua let out a single laugh, to show amusement but not enough to make the man think he was hilarious. It was predictable, but ironic nonetheless.

"Well done," he responded. "Though I don't think any of Santa's reindeer were named Husky the French Bulldog."

Husky barked in agreement. Well it was more than likely in agreement, though who could really be sure.

"I know I am," When Scott announced Joshua's cuteness. He'd always seen announcing one's cuteness as an act of desperation. If one was good at flirting, they would not need to announce that they were doing so.

"Friendship is not asked for," Joshua said, putting his guru voice in full swing.

"But Hell, Husky seems to not want to kill you. So why the fuck not"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Moving Day (Scott) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving Day (Scott)   Moving Day (Scott) EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 9:41 pm

Kenny took in the other guy's explanation, his face conveying a sudden understanding. "Oh, of course. Sorry, I didn't know his name. I should have asked before making assumptions, that makes much more sense."

Kenny laughed as the man agreed with his assessment. "To be honest, I just say that to everyone. But now that I think about it, you're not bad. And Han Solo-esque confidence will get you far in life."

He shrugged as the guy commented on his directness. "What can I say, you get more done if you live fast and skip the foreplay. I take the four year old approach to friendship."

When he ultimately agreed, Kenny grinned and scratched Husky's ears. "Sweet. Thanks for not killing me, Husky, I appreciate it. Let's go find some more friends and throw a wild party. I have a suitcase full of alcohol, and Mom doesn't want me drinking it all by myself. She says if I die here it'll be too expensive to have my body shipped back to America for a funeral, so she'll just tell them to burn it."

He grabbed his hand truck again and started wheeling it alongside his new friend. "What's your name, by the way?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Moving Day (Scott) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving Day (Scott)   Moving Day (Scott) EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 2:32 pm

"You know what happens when you assume," Joshua cut in, taking any opportunity humanly possible to sound like a stereotypical movie dad.
He paused for a minute, as though waiting for rainbow bright to answer the rhetorical question.
"You make and ass out of u and me." He kept a straight face while saying this, leaving open to interpretation as to whether he was serious or joking.

As the cartoon character kept his monologue going, Joshua could feel his eyes widening and his brain shrinking. He thought back on the day's festivities. Had he taken anything? He knew the answer but his current state of mind was answering differently. Did this kid ever stop smiling? Did this kid ever stop talking?

When he mentioned taking the four-year-old approach to friendship, Joshua chuckled.
"When I was four years old," he started, "I was drinking hard lemonade with my Aunt Marjorie on Sandy Neck beach." The Sandy Neck days were something he remembered fondly, actually. Marjorie would sit next to him in the sand and force him to make a toast to something new every four minutes and fifty two seconds on the dot.

"Toast to life, death, and the afterworld, Joshie," she'd said once. Even on her deathbed, terminal bullshit eating away at her liver, Margerie drank a lemonade and toasted to everything imaginable. She was one of the only decent people he'd known. She was genuine and she but up with no bullshit.

She would have strangled Rainbow Bright by now.

Just as Josh began to consider strangulation, RB said two words that any boy named Joshua Abbott could understand.

"Wild party?" he questioned. "I'm down, but you've got some bigass shoes to fill. You couldn't imagine the kind of parties I'm used to."

"But sure, Rainbow Bright. Impress me."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Moving Day (Scott) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving Day (Scott)   Moving Day (Scott) EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 2:56 am

Kenny couldn't tell if the other guy was serious or not. He didn't sound like he was joking about his Aunt Marjorie. Either way, he was certainly interesting. He raised his eyebrows. "When I was four years old, my mom was dressing me up in cutesy clothes and handing me signs to hold at Pro-Choice rallies."

The words slipped out of his mouth without much thought, but he made sure to remember them. The worst thing he could do was be inconsistent, so he had to keep track of all the details that he told other people.

He smirked at the nickname. "That show was my fucking childhood, man. Nobody remembers it cause it's from forty years ago. But my parents made sure to introduce me to quality television as a kid."

He met the challenge with a shrug. "Gotta find a bunch of people first. I'll knock on doors and make it happen. But you're right, if you've been drinking hard lemonade on beaches since you were four, you've obviously lived a far more fulfilling life than I have."

He leaned forward against his hand truck, steering it toward the living quarters where he hoped to find enthusiastic partiers, or at least willing ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moving Day (Scott) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving Day (Scott)   Moving Day (Scott) Empty

Back to top Go down

Moving Day (Scott)
Page 1 of 1