Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Meeting ( Louis) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Meeting ( Louis) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Meeting ( Louis) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Meeting ( Louis) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Meeting ( Louis) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Meeting ( Louis)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Meeting ( Louis) Empty
PostSubject: Meeting ( Louis)   Meeting ( Louis) EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 4:01 pm

Artemis had to figure out how he was going to make this happen. As Lilac was on the list for Beauxbatons, which is the school that he attended. But it seemed like she wanted to go to Hogwarts. Which wasn't something that he could do on his own. There was only one person that he knew that he could ask, and he would know that he could make it happen. And it was his employer, Louis Clement.

He had no idea that Lilac wanted to attend Hogwarts. But this was his little girl and wasn't going to question it. Now he just had to find a way to make it happen. This would have been easier if he had never been shunned by his family. But he wasn't about to give up his daughter. Everything that he was going was because of her. And hoped that when she was older she would understand the love that he had for her.

Artemis requested a meeting with Louis Clement. Now he outside of his official office, waiting for everything to happen.
Back to top Go down
Louis Clement
Adult
Adult
Louis Clement

Birthday : 1973-05-29

Meeting ( Louis) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting ( Louis)   Meeting ( Louis) EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 8:30 pm

March brought with it the change of the seasons, and for the Lord and Lady Clement, a very brief stint back at the Palace. It was not an intentional return to France for the duo, but after the success they'd had in taking Spain under their wing a good week earlier than their trip back out of the country to Italy, the heads of the Clement household had returned home simply to enjoy the comfort of their own bed.

Louis' body was not as young as it used to be, or as resilient, and the beds of even the finest hotels in the world could not give the Lord Clement the same comfort as being at home.

This had allowed them both time to recuperate from their travels, re-energising and going over the new details of their reform of Europe. It was a lot of work, work that left them both thoroughly exhausted when they turned in for the evening, only to wake a meagre five hours later to start afresh with their visits, their debates, their negotiations.

Louis had insisted the first full day that they were home that none of the staff were to enter the bed chambers of the Lord and Lady Clement from the point they were dismissed the night before, until Louis emerged from the room to summon them. The Lord and Lady Clement were to be left to have a very rare lie in that morning, and time to just... be together without the world intruding upon their time.

And despite the desire to sleep in late that morning, Louis had woken up just before eight that morning, and remained perfectly still as he watched his Lady wife sleeping. Still looking as beautiful now as she had when she was fifteen, curled gently in to his body, their hands entwined together, her features completely relaxed without a care in the world.

It was in these very rare, sacred moments that Louis realised how little time they truly had to simply enjoy one another's company.

All things, though, no matter how sacred, had to come to an end.

Vanessa had woken not half an hour later, and the two of them knew better than to waste a morning in bed. After summoning the ladies maids to their chamber, Louis moved off to get ready himself before heading down to his office to sift through the correspondence that had not been deemed urgent was piling upon his desk.

The Lady Clement had joined him shortly afterwards, taking up some of the papers herself and aiding her husband in sorting through those letters that could be dealt with with a standard response, and those that would require them both to think of a reply that would suit the situation. It had been Vanessa who had stumbled upon the request from the mechanic for an audience with the Lord Clement.

A perfectly sculpted eyebrow had been raised at Louis as Vanessa waited for him to read over the note, the silent question present without it being spoken.

"I think I should at least hear the man out." Louis replied aloud, looking up from the paperwork on the desk to his wife with a small smile. "This, at least, will be an easy affair."

And so, after a few hours of sorting through paperwork, Louis had sent the summons to the mechanic who had asked to see him. The Lady Clement had excused herself from the study to attend to other matters, taking the file labelled Italy with her to go over the facts once more. Louis had tidied his desk appropriately before leaving his favoured study for the official study of the Lord Clement.

The study he abhorred.

Sitting upon the much too hard seat of the previous Lord Clements, Louis sat waiting quietly. He never felt at home in this room, always on edge, never quite feeling he fit the bill of the Lord Clements that had come before him...

The knock at the door brought Louis away from those musings, and a footman announced the arrival of one Artemis Capulet. "Send Monsieur Capulet in, please." The Lord Clement instructed, waiting for the man to appear. Truthfully, Louis didn't know Artemis Capulet very well. The man dabbled with the transportation of the Palace, something which Louis harboured little interest in, but he knew it was necessary.

Jacques, at least, appreciated the work the man did.

Now, it would be a case of seeing what the man had to say.

"Ah, Monsieur Capulet. Welcome," Louis spoke, his features warm despite the lack of knowledge of the man he was about to meet. "Your note was a little lacking in the details of how I could help you, so I hope you don't mind my summoning of you here." Louis explained, motioning to the chair opposite him.

"Please, take a seat, let me know what it is that I can do for you today."

~ Lord Clement ~ Profile ~ 55 ~
Meeting ( Louis) Signat10
Thank you to the amazing Ruby for the signatures! <3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Meeting ( Louis) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting ( Louis)   Meeting ( Louis) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 2:22 pm

Artemis knew that this might be a long shot. But it wasn't hurting him just by asking Lord Clement . Artemis would have to explain to Lilac if she couldn't go to Hogwarts. Hopefully she would understand. But he knew that Lord Clement could help. As Artemis knew that he could pull more strings than he could. It was always worth the shot. Someone then came down to the garage and told him that Lord Clement was wanting to meet him. Now he was standing outside of his office.

He then waited till he was aloud to go in. When he was ready, he walked into the office. At least Lord Clement was warm and welcoming.  Artemis then took his seat as he began to talk.  “ Lord Clement, thank you for able to meet with me today.” Artemis knew that he was a little detail in the note. But that wasn't bothering him. “ Yes I am sorry about the little details. But my Lilac is set to attend Beauxbatons. But she has decided that she wants to attend Hogwarts. And I knew that you could help me out.”

Artemis was hoping for a good answer. As he knew he would have to be told Lilac one way or another.

Last edited by Artemis Capulet on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Louis Clement
Adult
Adult
Louis Clement

Meeting ( Louis) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting ( Louis)   Meeting ( Louis) EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 9:42 pm

There was a lack of appropriate decorum about the mechanic as he entered. A bow would have been a good start, in truth, but the man had obviously not been taught very well when he was younger. A shame, really, the Capulet family hadn't been too underwhelming a family, but they hadn't taken the time to teach manners.

However, Artemis Capulet took up the seat he'd been offered, a thank you came for allowing the younger man the audience with him, but Louis paid that much no mind. Instead, he waited for the mechanic to explain to him what his letter of little and less detail had been about. The information was concise, much like the letter denoting the meeting that the mechanic had wanted.

Louis waited for a few moments after Artemis stated that he knew Louis could help him with the problem of his daughter's schooling. Artemis lacked in the specifics of his question, but Louis had taken up the man's file before his visit and checked the information on which the Clement's held on their employee. The man offered little in the way of inspiration from his past and present, having only a daughter, and a dog to his name, and very little else, Louis had made short work of the file, before handing it back to the Human Resources manager of the Palace.

"And, may I enquire as to why your daughter would not, instead, wish to attend the far superior school here in France upon which her name has been since birth?" Louis asked. Children, apart from his own family, acted upon whims quite frequently, and Louis did not see why Lilac Capulet should be allowed to pick and choose the school in which she would be attending without due thought and consideration. "From my understanding, at least, Beauxbatons offers a much more structured education, offers a much nicer accommodation facility, their rating is far hire than Hogwarts has ever been, and, of course, Lilac would be able to stay here in France."

Louis was not trying to be difficult, far from it. He just wanted to ensure that the Capulet family knew what they were asking for. Sending children to the United Kingdom for their education was not a decision that should be taken lightly, after all.

On that much, though, Louis would always be biased.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Meeting ( Louis) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting ( Louis)   Meeting ( Louis) EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 1:08 pm

Artemis was mentally kicking himself when there was some proper way when meeting someone of an elite family. There was nothing that he could do now since he already took a seat. But he knew that he could always recover at the end. And hoped that he didn't make a complete fool out of himself. Normally he would be worried about embarrassing the Capulet name. But that really didn't matter anymore. Since he was kicked out of the Capulets. Which Artemis knew that they were mortified that he had a child out of wedlock. Which that was partly his fault as he wasn't think. But he thought that his family would be there for him no matter what.

Now he was asked Louis, hoping that he could help him out. And everything that he was saying was correct. But Lilac has made the argument to him. Seemed like she came prepared when she was trying to persuade her father. “ You are right about all of those points, as I have made the same ones to Lilac. But it seems like she wants to follow in the same footsteps of Elenore and Mimosa.” He had hoped that this was enough. But only time would tell.

Artemis knew that he should elaborate what he was saying. As he wanted to make sure that Lord Clement knew how much this meant to him. As all he wanted to do was make Lilac happy. “ Lilac has always looked up to Elenore.” Artemis hoped that this was enough for Lord Clement. As he was sure that he would have to explain to Lilac if he said no. That was something that he was hoping to avoid. But he knew that she would be disappointed. But he would cross that bridge when he got there.
Back to top Go down
Louis Clement
Adult
Adult
Louis Clement

Meeting ( Louis) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting ( Louis)   Meeting ( Louis) EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 2:11 pm

The point raised by the mechanic of the correctness of Louis' statement would have been necessary to a child needing reassurance that what they were saying was correct. Towards the Lord Clement it was something unnecessary, but also unhelpful in Artemis' current predicament. If he was looking for a favour from the Lord Clement, he was going about it will all the wrong decorum in the world.

But, the mechanic pushed himself in to an even worse with the familiarity in which he spoke of the first family of France.

The use of Mimosa's first name Louis could forgive. The mechanic had been close to the Lord and Lady Clement's first daughter, and thus thought it acceptable to speak of young Mimosa with familiarity that had been present with her mother, but Louis was not at all accepting of the use of Elenore's first name in this conversation.

A lesser man might have shown his discomfort in that moment, but Louis Clement was not a lesser man.

Instead, he gave a pause, allowing himself time to think. Whilst denying the mechanic would have been personally satisfying to make up for the fact the man before him had been rude to both himself and the first family of France, Louis knew that this would not bode well for the image of the Clements in the wider world. Duty was, after all, a sacrifice personally. That didn't, however, mean that Louis was going to allow the mechanic to get off Scott free for what he'd just said. No, there would need to be an acknowledgement to the manners that were lacking.

"One would assume you're speaking of the Lady Elenore Clement in this sentence," Louis replied to the man, leaving an opening for the man to both correct himself and apologise for the mistake he'd made.

"The move to the United Kingdom will not be easy, of that much I can assure you." Louis explained, knowing that Jacques had taken it in his stride, but missed home terribly, and Elenore had never truly wished to leave France. "Does your daughter know English, monsieur?" Louis asked, because this would be imperative. After all, a mechanics daughter would only need to know French.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Meeting ( Louis) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting ( Louis)   Meeting ( Louis) EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 5:38 pm

Artemis then realized his huge mistake that he made. He couldn’t believe that he was making a fool out of himself. He just wanted to smack himself as he was feeling like a bumbling idiot. Which there was nothing that he could do now. Just try and fix his mistakes and hopefully Lord Clement would look pass them. “ I am so sorry Lord Clement I meant Lady Elenore.” Artemis just wanted to go crawl into a hole and not come out.

He just listened as Lord Clement said that the move to the United Kingdom would be hard. “ The move to the United Kingdom will be no harder than moving to the United States.” Lord Clement then also asked if Lilac knew English. Which was also an important question. As she would need to speak it if she would be going to Hogwarts. “ Yes Lord Clement, she does know English. As I have been teaching her as I was a Librarian at the Salem school.”
Back to top Go down
Louis Clement
Adult
Adult
Louis Clement

Meeting ( Louis) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting ( Louis)   Meeting ( Louis) EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 9:52 am

The correction of his daughter's station was a necessity. One that reinforced the differences between the Clements and his own family. Though Louis was quite sure it had been nothing more than a momentary mistake by the mechanic sat before him, Louis was not about to let decorum slip for a moment. As an indication of acceptance, Louis bowed his head slightly in a half nod to show that he accepted the apology provided.

With the admittance that the move to the UK would be no different than a move to the US, Louis gave no answer. He saw neither the relevance of such a point, nor the necessity for such a comparison. So, rather than passing comment, Louis simply allowed that piece of information to drift past him.

Lilac did, at least, have the knowledge of English, taught by her father. At least, then, the witch would not feel isolated with the language barrier. "Very well," Louis replied, taking note of all these points. "I will see what I can do to get Lilac admission to Hogwarts." Louis replied. It would be nothing more than a letter being drafted by the back offices for him to sign off and send off to Headmistress Goshawk. The promise of an extra sum of donations from the Clement household for the favour being given, and Lilac would have her admission sealed.

After all, who was Headmistress Goshawk to deny one of the biggest donators to the school when they came asking questions.

"If there is nothing else you'd like to discuss..." Louis prompted the man, waiting for him to get up and leave before returning to his work. Surely, though, the man would not be as stupid as to ask for something more from his employer in the same day. That would be a foolish decision.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Meeting ( Louis) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting ( Louis)   Meeting ( Louis) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 11:07 am

Artemis was glad that he corrected himself. As he knew that he need to as he didn’t want Lord Clement to think that he was rude. But it seemed like Lord Clement was going to write this one off. As this was just a simple mistake. And Artemis did give an apology. Which was the reason that Lord Clement really didn’t say anything but did give a head nod. Lord Clement brought up about how hard the move would be to the United Kingdom. But it couldn’t be that much different than the United States.

Artemis had been teaching Lilac English from a young age. So the language barrier wasn’t going to be a problem for her. He then listened as Lord Clement said that he would see what he could do about getting Lilac admitted to Hogwarts. As Artemis heard that he would have to draft up a letter and send a donation to the school. That made sense since the Clements had money.

“ That is actually the only thing that I wanted to discuss Lord Clement.” That is when he stood up and gave Lord Clement a bow before leaving his office.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meeting ( Louis) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting ( Louis)   Meeting ( Louis) Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting ( Louis)
Page 1 of 1