Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Birthday : 2006-12-14

New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin)   New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:13 pm

Kevin's retort of the legal status of the hot dog stand owner was simply nonchalant and still didn't make any sense to Elenore. If someone was not here legally, surely they should not be supporting him? Surely that would mean they were complicit to the man's illegal status in the country. But the thought was moved to the point where Kevin asked if she had not done something illegal herself. "Of course not," the witch replied easily and without hesitation. "As a Clement, it would be frowned upon to act in such a manner." The witch pointed out, as if this was an obvious idea that Kevin had completely missed out on.

Of course, the witch was hardly aware of what laws applied here, having never really been scrutinised by any of the laws in her home country, but that was only a minor point, wasn't it?

Kevin's insistence that they not spend time on campus completing their work wasn't exactly the most comfortable idea that the younger witch had heard, and for a moment, she hesitated. Being seen on campus with Kevin was okay, being seen at university events with him was acceptable, but the idea of studying outside of the university was something Elenore had not really thought too much on. Kevin's suggestion was not improper, though, a location that kept them in the public eye would not be frowned upon now, would it? No, this seemed acceptable...

Kevin had quickly deduced that they use the cafe across from her apartment -- there was a cafe there? -- which seemed to make sense to her. She wouldn't have to travel too far, and it would, at least, be convenient. So, after a moment of deliberation, the witch opted to agree with the male. "If that's what you would like, that's fine with me. I don't know if the cafe is very good for food, though." She offered, before catching herself. Kevin was about to get a hot dog from an illegal immigrant's stand, clearly he was not overly interested in the quality of his cuisine like she was.

At least the man was happy to start work straight away, though, making her feel a little better about the choice she'd made in that moment.

But she only felt better momentarily.

For in the next breath, as they reached the front of the line, Kevin ordered them a hot dog each, and though the witch did not want a hot dog from the man before them, it would be vastly impolite to correct Kevin in that moment. Instead, Elenore just watched with mild curiosity as their order was fulfilled, the hot dogs being prepared -- with two 'dogs' instead of one -- for them. On top of the hot dogs went a multitude of unlabelled sauces, creating a colourful mess atop the unappetising looking hot dogs that had been placed in a bun. The witch had not quite been prepared for the offering of the hot dog in only a napkin.

The witch had looked mildly apprehensive as she looked to the vendor, her hands not moving forth to retrieve the hot dog because she wasn't sure of this notion. Her hands were made considerably lighter as Kevin took her bag from her, and on autopilot, Elenore reached out to take the hot dog from the man -- though notably going careful not to touch his hands in the process. Moving to the side of the stand, Elenore looked down at the mess that was supposed to be her hot dog and felt queasy upon doing so, instead lifting her eyes to Kevin as he suggested they go to the parking lot.

Not knowing how to argue with that point, Elenore simply followed his instructions, all the while taking glances at her hot dog that did not look -- or really smell -- that appetising at all.

"What is this even made up of?" Elenore asked the man when they were out of ear shot, still holding the hot dog at a length from her body to ensure none of the sauces splashed up upon her clothes. "It looks disgusting." She added, in case her earlier displays of discomfort had not been clear enough fro the man to interpret.

~ Diary ~ Profile ~ Kelenore Playlist ~
~ Ambitious ~ 21 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~
New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin) - Page 2 Signat12
Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

Job/hobbies : Internationally acclaimed photographer

PostSubject: Re: New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin)   New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:13 pm

Of course not," the witch replied easily and without hesitation. "As a Clement, it would be frowned upon to act in such a manner."

This prompted a curious gaze from the male, evaluating Tuesday as if she was a particularly interesting specimen under his camera lens. This was the first time they had spoken of her family, but then again they'd hardly had more than a handful of conversations anyway. For the most part, the redhead tried to ignore that part of her - for her own well being, he convinced himself.

"Well, you're missing out," he commented noncommittally. There was no point in telling her everyone did soemthing illegal now and then. Strictly speaking, he himself did illegal things almost every day from the Cafe across ehr building, and it had yet to cause anyone any harm.

Their hot dogs in hand, the pair strolled off towards the parking lot, Kevin taking generous whiffs of his own treat as they went. The parking lot wasn't crowded a this point, but it wasn't empty either. They had a choice, to either join a group lounging by someone's refurbished mustang (a vile statement piece in Kevin's opinion) or seek a corner on their own. Auguring his companion was not quite ready to socialize with a group yet, the tall wizard merely lead her to the farthest corner, coming to a stop by a deep red Mercedes. "Hop on," he encouraged, taking a seat on the hood and then proceeding to take a bite of his hot dog.

The flavor exploded in his mouth, leading to a deep hum of satisfaction as he chewed. It may be no Winter Showcase Shrimp but it came pretty darn close.

The girl by his side though, had ehr reservations. Kevin watched as she contemplated ehr own hot dog, asking what it contained.

"That's the mystery isn't it," he replied cheerily. "You have to eat to find out. Mine tastes like pork but it could be a mixture." The announcement was followed by another bite to showcase it wasn't going to hurt her. The redhead chewed, watching the brunette still trying to interpret her food.

"Just think about it this way, it's something you've never done before, and now you can. Take a bite, kid, live your life."

Come plot with me! <3
New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin) - Page 2 Rsz_rs12
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Elenore followed the man beside her in to the parking lot, casting a quick glance to the others loitering in the building upon a car before turning her gaze away from them with an air of distaste for their antics. The witch's eyes instead rested upon her 'food' once more, trying to analyse what it might contain and falling short once more. After all, how could you make sense of something that looked as much of a mess as the food in her hands did?

Kevin led them through to another section -- a section the witch had expected to have some kind of seating area, or... something... -- of the car park. But, Kevin had merely brought her to the end of the car park, and without a second thought had brought himself up on to the bonnet of the car he'd chosen as if he owned it. He might of owned it, Elenore reflected, almost hoping he did, but she wasn't sure many college students could afford a car whilst they were studying, and Kevin most certainly didn't strike her as the kind of man who came from any money at all.

"Hop on,"

The smile touched Elenore's lips with much too much amusement at the notion of doing something like that. "I don't think that's appropriate." The witch replied gently, shaking her head slightly at the idea before looking around for an alternative option to the suggestion she'd been given. There wasn't one. So the witch simply remained standing, moving around to the front of the vehicle to stand before Kevin as he devoured his hot dog in one of the most unsavoury manners the witch had witnessed. To think the man was making sounds like those over food? Disgusting.

"Just think about it this way, it's something you've never done before, and now you can. Take a bite, kid, live your life."

Elenore's features remained unsure of the present situation as she took in the mess of the food in her hands, glancing up to find Kevin simply carrying on with the whole process of devouring the hot dog in his hands before contemplating her own. Honestly the whole thing did not do anything to entice her to try the hot dog, it looked disgusting, it smelled disgusting, and the undeniable possibility of some or part of the whole concoction falling out of the napkin and down her dress was not something Elenore wished to be subjected to.

And yet, Kevin had a point.

Was the idea of being here not to push the boundaries that had been created around her?

After a moment more deliberation, Elenore slowly -- and very, very carefully -- brought the hot dog up towards her mouth in the same fashion Kevin had. Contemplating that, though, Elenore lowered it back to it's original height. Thinking. After another moment's pause, the witch carefully juggled with the hot dog to open the napkin until it was fully open, easily covering every part of the hot dog before she placed it upon the bonnet of the car Kevin was purchased on. Then, sure it would not get her dirty, the witch tore part of the hot dog -- only just a dainty mouthful -- off, brought that up to her mouth, carefully taking it in and chewing the piece of bread and unidentified meat, covered in a mixture of sauces Elenore couldn't name.

For the first couple of chewing motions, the apprehension continued on. Uncertain on how to feel about the food she'd been presented with, the witch kept chewing, trying to decipher the flavours and not really managing to do so. It wasn't... bad, the witch had to admit to herself, but she wasn't sure that she could go as far as to say she liked it, either. The mixture of sauces were far too contrasting, and the taste of each of them grew lost even to her.

After swallowing the small piece of hot dog that she'd tried, Elenore's focus returned to Kevin, still not sure what to make of all of this. "If this is your idea of good food, I really need to take you to dinner somewhere nice." The witch insisted, before carefully reaching out to repeat the process she'd used before, going extraordinarily careful not to make a mess of herself or her clothes. She was hungry, that much she couldn't deny, and the thought of her mother's dissatisfaction of knowing she'd eaten street food from an illegal immigrant spurred Elenore on further with her consumption of the American 'delicacy'.

Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin)   New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:14 pm

The man watched carefully, albeit subtly, as Tuesday approached the hot dog like some kind of wild beast. Almost as if any loud noises would make the buns stand up and squirt mustard in her eyes. He watched her trying to eat it properly once before giving up but instead of prodding her to continue, he held faith in her pseudo rebellious nature.

The redhead could barley keep the smirk off his face as he watched her wrap the hot dog like a baby in its napkins. Unsure what she intended to be with the swaddled delicacy, he watched as she placed it on the car, giving it a seat even though she had refused one herself. Kevin didn't want to remind her that whoever the owner was, they would object to grease and sauce on their car a lot more than a human butt prints.

Tuesday proceeded to eat her food in the weirdest way possible, breaking off the bread and meat bit by tiny bit and bringing the morsels to her mouth. A thousand internet memes were born that day but the wizard couldn't care less as he shamelessly let out a whoop and cheer, his own hot dog half gone by this point. "By Golly, she's got it!" he exclaimed, a proud grin on his face. "I think you might find New York to your taste after all."

Her answer (after she had thoroughly chewed her food - they were really going to have to fix that) contradicted him directly but right afterwords, she took another bite and the grin on his face only grew.

"Sure, next time you can buy me a bagel," he agreed, intending to introduce her to the mixture of dough, cream cheese and sugar. "But before that, I think I have an idea."

The man paused, took another bite of his own snack and pondered for a moment before speaking again.

"Since we're supposed to channel our inner creativity and  emotions into our art, why not take something from real life that affects us? Like you moving to New York? I can try and write some poems about it and you can compose some music to them. It may not end up being our final product for the Showcase but its a good starting point no?"

And if she agreed, it would give them a very good reason to go all over New York, trying food, meeting people and properly introducing the witch to the city. Research was imperative of course, and she was too good a student to deny the opportunity for it.

"What do you think?"

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin)   New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:14 pm

Kevin's excitement after her first bite of the hot dog was amusing, even if somewhat off putting as the witch ate carefully before him. Whilst eating publicly had never been an issue, trying new food in front of an audience caused a vastly self-conscious wave of feelings to sweep through the young witch as she carefully finished her mouthful before speaking to insist that this food was not good.

Not that it made any difference to the redheaded male before her.

Elenore shook her head at his insistence that she could buy him a bagel, feeling somewhat exasperated with his lack of interest in good food. But with her mouth full with the second mouthful of hot dog, the wizard was spared any response from Elenore as she continued to try to work out what in Merlin's name the whole delicacy was made of. To little avail, of course.

Instead, the idea was brought forth for their project. A combination of her own talents with instruments, and Kevin's talent of writing would lead them to the obvious choice of writing a poem, or song, and setting it to a composition of Elenore's choosing. It would be rather cliche, but until such point that Elenore could find another route of original origins to bring to the table, she couldn't deny the man the effort he'd made in that moment.

Except for his choice of subject on the whole thing.

Her coming to New York was not the right story to be told. Or, rather, it was a story the witch had not fully divulged to the man to bring forth in to words that would do any kind of justice. The idea of telling him, too, was something the witch felt vastly uncomfortable in doing, too. But Kevin continued on talking, pausing only to consider for a moment, before asking her exactly what she thought of the idea.

"It's cliche," Elenore replied easily as she carefully pulled another bite size part of the hot dog from the rest of it, before lifting her eyes back to Kevin once more. "But, it's somewhere to start, until we either think of something less cliche, or something simply falls in to place." The witch finalised, giving him a genuine smile in that moment because perhaps... perhaps this project wasn't going to be so bad after all. Perhaps she had picked the right person to partner up with, after all.

"So long as you don't make me out to be awful in the poem." She added, almost verging on the point of making a joke as she popped the next bite of hot dog in to her mouth, and once more began the process of trying to decipher what in Merlin's name Kevin had made her eat.

Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

When the witch pronounced his idea cliche, Kevin nodded, still reveling in the fact that she had continued eating. "True but like I said, its just a point from which to get us moving. Trust me, I'm going to have to work really hard to write soemthing about this city that hasn't been done to death before. And you'll have your work cut out for you researching music composed to all the songs dedicated to New York." It would take them an unnecessarily long time to pinpoint what they wanted to do, but now that he was in, the man figured they might as well take the scenic route.

Contemplating this for a moment, he groaned. 'Did I just assign us homework? Shoot me, please." Of course, he had to remember that part of this project might actually involve work, which meant his lackluster attitude to education might have to take a back seat. "Please tell me you aren't one of those people who turns in everything on time and makes the rest of us look bad."  

The redhead wasn't sure why he asked though, she was of course that kind. Though hopefully his company would do her some good and make her become more irresponsible in that respect.

Taking another bite of his hot dog, he considered the proposal further. 'We'll also need on site research. So how about you make a list of the places and things references in the songs, so we can compare if the emotional capacity is real or not. I don't know about you but I've never found a Greyhound bus emotionally stimulating."

Of course, he doubted she did either, but as today was proving, Tuesday was full of surprises. "We can convene at the Cafe opposite your place in a few days to see what we have, and go from there?"  

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Listening to Kevin's suggestions on what they would need to work on, Elenore made mental notes on the research she was going to have to do. Truthfully, the witch couldn't pinpoint any song she knew that mentioned New York, so this was definitely going to be an interesting choice of project. She would be learning much more about the city she was residing in, and that was, quite honestly, exciting for the witch.

No reply came, as it was not necessary after the small nod she'd given Kevin to denote her understanding of his words. Instead, the witch carefully tore off a third small portion of hot dog and ate it as carefully as the previous two bites. A smile graced Elenore's lips as Kevin came to the realisation that he had just given himself homework to complete, and after finishing her third mouthful, the French witch spoke. "Of course I hand everything in on time," she replied, trying for a playful tone but they both knew it to be the truth. "And, I want our project to be the best on show, so we will be keeping to all of the deadlines we set."

The finalisation of the plan and convening at the local cafe brought forth a nod. "Sounds great to me, We'll say around seven?" She offered, waiting for Kevin to agree before she slid the fourth and final mouthful of her hot dog in to her mouth. Well, final for her, at least, two thirds of her own hot dog would be going to waste, but at least she had eaten some of it so that it didn't go to waste.

The rest of the time was spent with Kevin finishing not only his hot dog, but also hers -- apparently these things were too good to be wasted. From there, the duo moved back towards the university and the car that was waiting to pick Elenore up for the day. With a short goodbye to Kevin, and not a second thought to his own trip home, the youngest Clement was being whisked back off towards her apartment, and away from the world that was still entirely too alien.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin)   New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine (Kevin)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2