Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
A Whole New World (Jacques)  - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Today at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
A Whole New World (Jacques)  - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
A Whole New World (Jacques)  - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
A Whole New World (Jacques)  - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
A Whole New World (Jacques)  - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

A Whole New World (Jacques)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

Birthday : 1993-08-13
Job/hobbies : Deputy Headmistress at Hogwarts

A Whole New World (Jacques)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Whole New World (Jacques)    A Whole New World (Jacques)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 6:20 pm

The witch didn't know how to explain, how to unequivocally impress on Jacques the importance of protecting Mimosa from all this. She wanted to say so much yet voice refused to cooperate, her body merely focusing on breathing evenly as the wizard held ehr while they walked. Quietly glad of his support, Azalea let him continue his assurances. When he was through, she didn't need to make him understand.

It was like he already did.

"I don't know..." The witch shook her head, trying to clear the eyes that would betray her in a minute if she looked up. "I don't understand why she was sent to the palace either... Dad never mentioned us having any family or friends in France, not like that anyway." Until today, neither Azalea nor Jake understood the Harringtons ties with what Cieran called the most influential family on earth. Dad refused to say, Clara knew but refused to say, Jacques had just admitted to not knowing and having no reason to question. It was as if the universe had just decided one day that Mimosa would be a part of the Clement family and that as that.

"But I'm very glad she did," the witch conceded. "It's clear to see that no one would have looked after her better than you and your family." Perhaps even her own parents, the thought was fleeting but it lasted long enough to manifest in the American woman's mind. Had Jake and Azalea raised Mimosa together, they may not have done as well as the Clements had.

At his offer to help her spend more time with her daughter, Azalea nodded gratefully. they had now made their way through quite a bit of the maze due to the male's expert navigation skills and but the witch couldn't think of anything else to do than keep walking. It gave her a sense of purpose as all the information poured out of her. She spoke of having Mimosa in a very dark place, leaving out the details of her treatment there. She spoke of being ill for several years and unable to take care of her daughter without adding that she had been missing as well, held against her will and subjected to horrors she couldn't even remember but that had left her pregnant. Finally, she spoke of ehr return to Harrington House, and how she had messed up everything and now their family was a game of Jenga where Mimosa and Azalea could not be in the same house at the same time.

"So I thought Hogwarts..." she concluded as the hedges began to give way to a straighter route. "I thought it was the best way to just... be near her sometimes. Watch her grow, watch her be herself... I was so afraid that she wouldn't be like me at all. that i didn't give her anything but... she does have something of me." The young witch's lustrous brown hair - when she left them in their original color and style - were almost identical to Azalea's chocolate tresses.

"She's far more beautiful than I am, than anyone in the world is to be honest," the witch manages a soft laugh, the action coming out choked and jittery but making its presence known regardless.

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

A Whole New World (Jacques)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Whole New World (Jacques)    A Whole New World (Jacques)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 7:06 pm

The knowledge that came with Azalea's admittance that she didn't know how Mimosa had ended up at the Palace either was one that didn't completely help. It only proved that the relations between Mimosa, Azalea and the Palace were not widely known. A secret. The Clement heir passed no further comment upon that situation, brooding silently beside the witch as he tried to work it out, but not finding any plausible connection between the two families.

After all, the Clements had no business with America, and both Azalea and Mimosa were definitely American.

The information that followed was of a story Jacques had not known, though. Well, he'd known a little, he'd known Azalea had been sick, and obviously that she had not been around to look after Mimosa given that before meeting the witch last September he'd never seen her around. But, Jacques took all of the information on board attentively, chipping in where necessary, but mostly taking the role of listener throughout the conversation.

The whole explanation was... almost alien to the younger man. The idea of having to live so secretively was not something that sounded pleasant, but of course, telling Mimosa everything... wasn't going to be easy either. Who's decision it had been, Jacques didn't press to ask, already quite aware Azalea didn't wish to tell Mimosa, he would not pry upon that subject more. Perhaps with time that would change, perhaps it wouldn't, but the witch would not be pushed away from the family if Jacques could help it in any way.

Azalea's admission of why she was currently at Hogwarts made a lot of sense, and Jacques nodded to show his understanding as they moved in to the middle of the maze, which had been set up with an array of dahlias in shapes of hearts upon the hedged walls of the maze. His Papa had not been drawn short on his admission of love to his Maman, it would seem.

"You're much too hard on yourself, Azalea," Jacques told the witch, carefully opening his arms to the witch to offer her a hug of comfort. "Both you and your daughter are very beautiful young women. And Mimosa takes after you more than you will ever know. Believe me, you've given her much more than you will ever know."

Giving the witch a small, but firm hug to show he really had meant everything he'd said, Jacques could only hope that she would understand that his knowledge was safe, and neither party needed to worry.

"So, how about we plan something for our Mimosa's birthday?" Jacques offered, directing the witch to the bench that had been placed in the middle of the gardens. He would distract Azalea for the forseeable future with talk of the perfect gift for the younger Harrington witch, but Jacques' mind would be revolving around only one thing.

He had to ask the question he'd always avoided.

Who was Mimosa Harrington to his parents? And why had they taken her on as Ward?

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
A Whole New World (Jacques)  - Page 2 Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!
Back to top Go down

A Whole New World (Jacques)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2