Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Shall Never See So Much (Invite only) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Shall Never See So Much (Invite only) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Shall Never See So Much (Invite only) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Shall Never See So Much (Invite only) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Shall Never See So Much (Invite only) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Shall Never See So Much (Invite only)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

Birthday : 1993-08-13
Job/hobbies : Deputy Headmistress at Hogwarts

Shall Never See So Much (Invite only) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shall Never See So Much (Invite only)   Shall Never See So Much (Invite only) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 5:25 pm

It took only a second to understand who it was. It was the one person who had promised he wouldn't leave her.

And he had kept his word.

"Jake!" she screamed as Darr tore into the man, making her concentration lapse. Before she could do anything though, the wolf was flung off the Auror, stunned.

Jake was getting to his feet in a sea of red, his wand held firmly in his left hand.

"Come on, we've got to go!"

The woman opened her mouth to explain, but Joshua beat her to it.

"She's not going anywhere."

Either her minute distraction had released Joshua from the tree or he had the ability to free himself this whole time, the witch did not know. Whatever it was, he now stood on his feet and in complete control, his own hands were wandless but Azalea knew if he wanted, the younger wizard could slash Jake open without making a move.

And she would not let that happen.

Summoning up her vines once more, she held them hovering around her, unsure where to direct them. In the next second, she flung them towards Ethan, trying to retrieve the child and then run with Jake.

Almost as if he had expected this, his father sent a thin rope of fire alongside her plants, burning them to ash instantly.

His wand still nowhere in sight.

"Go home to your children, whilst you still have a chance."

The quiet threat was full of promise. Jake had already seen what the man could do without a wand.

"We have to get Ethan," she mumbled, her words stumbling over each other as the child looked on, more curious than scared.

"Ethan, I need you to come to me," she pleaded with the toddler, trying to soften her voice and expression as much a she could. "We have to leave your father for a little bit okay? I promise we're going somewhere really fun, darling. Please come to mommy." Tears glistened in the corners of her eyes as she begged the child, tears that threatened to spill soon.

The little boy, the spitting image of his father despite the eyes, stood his ground, evaluating the situation too coolly for a child his age.

"No," he repeated once again. "I don't go, you stay here with father and I."

"Ethan I can't, Father isn't a good man, he... it doesn't matter, please I need you to understand."

The child remained where he was, turned to stone, until his hard gaze landed on Jake.

"Is this man stealing mother?" he asked matter of factly.

"Better men than him have tried," Josh replied, the cold amusement back in his tone. Jake still stood with his wand aimed at Joshua, a fact that was not bothering his opponent the slightest bit.

"Last chance Auror," the blond warned and when Jake didn't move, Azalea did.

Joshua had destroyed two of her vines, which left her with only two remaining. Four was the number she had been able to conjure up in duress and they had barely held Joshua, two would hold no one.

Except herself.

Against all instinct of self preservation, the witch directed one vine to wrap around her throat and the other poised to pierce over her heart.

"Hurt him, and I die."

She heard his spell go off kilter rather than see it, landing somewhere in the trees behind the group and causing a loud explosive sound. He must have redirected mid shot.

The message was clear. If he killed Jake Newbury, two bodies would fall.

Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

Shall Never See So Much (Invite only) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shall Never See So Much (Invite only)   Shall Never See So Much (Invite only) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 5:57 pm

"We have to get Ethan,"

The Auror's eyes turned to the small child he'd overlooked before, the other side of Azalea, the toddler was looking between them all with a curiosity that far outweighed his age. The man's eyes moved back to Josh in the next moment, though, not wanting to give him an opportunity to attack because of a lapse in concentration.

But Azalea's words were clear enough as he waited, pleading with the child to come with her.

"No," he repeated once again. "I don't go, you stay here with father and I."

The words were too well chosen for a child that age, it was disconcerting as Jake watched the man before him. Azalea tried to explain to him, but the child didn't move, instead posing a question that made Jake's gaze wander for just a second towards the witch he'd headed here for. Just a sign, that was all he needed and they could... they could take him down together.

But that was not what the Auror saw.

Instead the witch had wrapped herself up in the vines that she possessed, curling them around her throat and drawing another one close to her heart.

"Az-"

"Hurt him, and I die."

The spell that the Auror hadn't seen coming hurtled over his head, hitting a tree further off and sparking it in to flames. Joshua Murray's spell had been pulled away from the Auror before it could hit, leaving him completely unscathed as he watched numbly as the witch held herself on a knife's edge.

Josh's features had gone ashen in that moment, contemplating the threat he'd been given as if it were a puzzle that could be solved somehow.

"You'd rather choose him than us?" Josh asked, circling towards his son. Jake and Azalea mirrored the movements, keeping their distance but not letting down their guard.

Azalea didn't answer, instead still urging the child to come to her, despite the hold her vines had on her in that moment. The child refused again, his demand the same as the first time he'd spoken it as he insisted she stay with them. Azalea's reply didn't change, she couldn't stay.

Josh's hand came to rest upon his son's shoulder, in a mark of unity.

Azalea's words had turned to begging, the tears streaking her cheeks.

Jake's eyes met Josh's once more. The scowl was set in the younger man's features. He hadn't found a solution.

"Azalea, we have to go."

"Not without Ethan."

"We don't have a choice."

"M-my s-son."

Another step closer to the witch, Joshua Murray did not make another move. Another followed, and still no retaliation came.

Through a piercing pain, the Auror retrieved the Portkey from his belt with his right hand. Josh Murray had stood still as Azalea called for Ethan again, his eyes coldly boring in to the witch.

"Your mother has decided to leave you," the older Murray told his heir.

"We'll find another way." Jake promised Azalea as he pressed the Portkey button and grabbed the witch before she could change her mind. From the grounds of Murray Manor, the duo were transported in a flash study of Lord Louis Clement in Versailles.

Unceremoniously being deposited out the other side... without the child Azalea had been pleading for.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Shall Never See So Much (Invite only) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk

Shall Never See So Much (Invite only)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2