Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
 In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore) Emptyby Chester Millstone Today at 8:55 am

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
 In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
 In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
 In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
 In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

Job/hobbies : Internationally acclaimed photographer

In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore) Empty
PostSubject: In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore)    In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore) EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 1:21 pm

Continued from here: https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk/t2612-inevitability-invite-only

"Tue- Elenore wait" the redhead called out as he sprinted after her. how she was moving so quietly and still faster than him, Kevin Harrington couldn't explain. All he knew was that he found himself torn between their hosts for the evening and the back of the young woman rushing out the door as if her life depended on it. He hadn't picked up what had happened in French, he'd been too busy studying the couple opposite, trying not to show how displaced he felt at the situation while trying to understand the relationship between their two dinner companions.

Being in New York, going to Juliard, being around Elenore Clement, the young man had forgotten he had other responsibilities back home.

He had forgotten he wasn't as young as he pretended to be.

In the end, he had simply bolted after her. Any personal crisis would have to wait. Tuesday could not.

"Hey, Tuesday, it's-"

"Please... take me anywhere but my apartment."

"Okay," he responded without hesitation. At least she was talking to him. And lucid enough to issue directions. For a moment Kevin was afraid she would burst into tears but for now, the tears were holding at bay. Drawing her close to him, he hugged the young witch fiercely, under guise of protection as he apperated them both right in front of the waiting limo driver.

The first thing he felt of his new destination was the wind. The wizard hadn't put much thought into where he wanted them to go. His first choice would have been the cozy hole in the wall he called home these days but that was not where they were. A small creak of an eyelid showed they were up high somewhere. The New York skyline was prominent in the distance, slowly coming to life as the sun sank beautifully amidst the grays and blacks of the city's concrete structures.

It was the same rooftop from which they had once thrown paper airplanes containing their biggest fears. In his efforts to keep her safe, Kevin had unconsciously brought them to the building rooftop where she had first begun to feel safe with him.

Safe enough to admit how afraid she was of going back home.

"It's okay," he whispered into her hair, still hugging her close as the wind picked up around them, playing with her fine brown locks. "I got you, you're okay." His whispers would continue for as long as it took her to understand that she was safe.

That Elenore Clement would always be safe as long as he was around.

Come plot with me! <3
 In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore) Rsz_rs12
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Birthday : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore)    In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore) EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 1:22 pm

The call after her had come from the only person Elenore knew it would, but even Kevin's plea for her to wait ricocheted off the witch as she moved from the room with very much the same grace as her mother would have left a room at the Palace. Without a backwards glance at her brother, Elenore had made it out to the pavement before Kevin had caught up with her, his long legs having to work double time to keep up with the French witch's goal of putting as much space between her and her sibling as possible.

But he'd caught up with her in the right moment.

Just as the world felt lost to the witch, Kevin's arms were around her small frame, drawing her in to him as she asked to be taken anywhere but her apartment. The witch barely felt the pull of apparition as she nestled her head in the man's chest, eyes closed to the world, listening to the soft rhythm of Kevin's heart as she breathed in the scent of the man who'd become the safety blanket she'd needed all along in this world.

The new location barely registered to the young witch, still hidden in the man's arms, they could have been anywhere in the world, it would not have mattered. It was only the breeze that lifted her hair playfully now and again that gave away their change of location.

"I got you, you're okay."

The soft reassurances kept coming as Elenore remained tucked in against the man's chest, not wanting to move away as she tried to comprehend everything that had happened. She should have known that her brother would be here only to try to lure her home. If she'd wanted to return home, would she not have already done so, after two years away from her family, if she'd wanted to go back to France, she would have.

No return had come from the witch, though, and her brother was not stupid.

She didn't want to return home.

The only person who seemed to understand that, though, was the man before her. Never had Kevin ever suggested she go home, or question her decision for not going home. He had understood completely, or else known that he shouldn't ask why she would not return home. It had been one of the many things that Elenore had found herself liking the man for, and he continued to play the role of support without a question.

"I'm sorry," the witch managed softly after the latest reassurance that she was okay. Kevin hadn't needed to see that, he hadn't needed to be pulled in to the drama of her brother's creation, and yet, had he not been there, the witch would have been outnumbered. "And thank you," Elenore added, because he'd helped more than he would know.

Despite that, though, the witch made no attempt to move from the safety of Kevin's arms, her fingers already finding their claim on the man's jacket for comfort in that moment, to afraid to let go in case her brother attempted to follow them... take her... the thought was shook from her head before it could manifest. Her brother might be many things, but she would not believe he would do something like that to her.

Finally, the witch opted to open her eyes, still nestled close to the man, but able to take in their surroundings. They were still in New York, the vast structures around them made that clear, but the building was familiar enough for the witch to relax in the man's arms. The memories of the evening they'd spent up on this rooftop were clear to the witch in that moment, flashing quite brightly.

"You know, last time we were here," the witch spoke softly, not looking to her companion as she did so, instead eyeing the skyline of the city. "I wrote how much I disliked your choice for greasy food... but I think I would rather eat the greasy food you chose for me than to ever step foot in restaurant with my brother again."

Despite the sentiment, Elenore's voice was soft, undertoned with the sadness that weighed heavily from the failed meal of that evening.

~ Diary ~ Profile ~ Kelenore Playlist ~
~ Ambitious ~ 21 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~
 In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore) Signat12
Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore)    In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore) EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 1:22 pm

Her apologies and gratitude were not what he sought, but Kevin was glad to hear them regardless. It meant the brunette was finally aware enough to form words. the evening had finally caught up with her, as had the understanding of what they had just done.

For no matter how quietly it had been done, Elenore Clement had just defied the future ruler of Europe, the next Lord Clement.

And the redhead wasn't entirely sure how much of a role he had played in said defiance. Right now though, he couldn't care less.

"I wrote how much I disliked your choice for greasy food... but I think I would rather eat the greasy food you chose for me than to ever step foot in restaurant with my brother again."

"Well," he responded in kind, his own smile of relief clear in his tone. "You did save us from some pretty terrible duck. Had we stayed, we'd have both gotten food poisoning the next day." The joke as entirely for her benefit, he in fact had dined at that restaurant before and quite enjoyed their non duck menu.

Feeling her hold on his jacket, the man did the first thing that came to mind, opening the garment out slightly and wrapping her back into its folds. the wind was picking up as the sun set across the city and some hero he'd be if he rescued the lady just for her to catch a chill.

No, he couldn't think of Tuesday like that. He was no hero and while she may have been a lady, she most certainly did not need rescuing. If today had shown anything, it was that she could handle herself again the other half.

"Hey, can I ask a question?" he murmured against her hair, quite enjoying the fact that she had not let go until now. When the witch  hummed a soft sound, he took that as a yes.

"Did you mean what you said earlier... about doing a Masters here? Or was that just..." Just to put off going back to France, he finished in his head, sure that she understood. "It's not a big deal either way, I support you a hundred percent no matter what you do. I just don't Bremen you mentioning it."  

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Birthday : 2006-12-14

A smile touched the witch's lips at Kevin's joke about the duck, and though the witch would softly shake her head, he would know that he had alleviated some of the stress of the afternoon with the words he'd spoken. He really did know when to try to cheer her up, and when to be more serious, yet another one of the things she liked about the man as she kept herself close to the man before her.

The jacket that she'd nestled in to had moved to envelope her small frame a moment later, hiding her from the elements that were giving a cool prickle to her skin as the winds picked up. Inside the jacket it was warm, safe from the outside world, and distinctly smelling of Kevin's cologne. Stronger when she was tucked neatly in its folds, allowing the familiarity and comfort to ebb away at the stress in her body one breath at a time.

"Hey, can I ask a question?"

The soft hum to show that Kevin could ask her the question he had in mind had left the witch's lips without a thought. After everything, Kevin deserved to be able to ask a question. There wasn't a question he could ask now that she would be unlikely to answer.

The question he wanted had been a simple one, but one that she had not expected. In return, Elenore's head had lifted from the man's chest for the first time since they'd arrived on the roof, her eyes seeking out his face with curiosity, though she'd made no attempt to move from the safety of the man's jacket, nor his arms that still held her safely to him.

"Julliards has a Master's programme." Elenore confirmed softly, still looking up at the man before her to try to understand why that had been his question, after everything. "I have plans to do a Masters with the university, the Dean has already asked me if I'd like to complete one. But I won't be staying in New York to finish it." The witch explained, and perhaps it was her wishful thinking, but the arms around her seemed to hold on tighter to her in that moment as her eyes moved away from Kevin's face, and back down level with his chest.

"Los Angeles has an orchestra that... might be interested in taking me in to it's group."

Los Angeles has an orchestra that have invited me to join them, was the sentence that Elenore should have said, but the fear of being rejected by the man before her had weighed heavily against the conversation that had come now. One she'd been avoiding until the time they needed to have it. And yet... here they were.

"Nothing is set in stone yet, though... but I don't want to leave America." The final part was yet again a play on the real sentence she'd wanted to say. She didn't want to leave Kevin, but the idea of voicing those words aloud was scarier than anything the witch could imagine in the world. So she had said what she felt safe to, in the hopes Kevin would somehow pick up on everything she hadn't said.

~ Diary ~ Profile ~ Kelenore Playlist ~
~ Ambitious ~ 21 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~
 In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore) Signat12
Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore)    In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore) EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 1:23 pm

"Julliards has a Master's programme."

He could see the hesitance in her eyes. Whether she had said the thing about a Masters in the heat of the moment or not, he could see she wanted to do it. But then why was she being so cautious? Her brother - whatever else he may be - probably wasn't going to stop her. She was certainly qualified enough so that any music school in any country would accept her.

And yet she sounded unsure.

"Nothing is set in stone yet, though... but I don't want to leave America."

And then it hit the wizard. the uncertainty, the caution, all because of... something that was not even a remote possibility. Reaching up to place a soft kiss on her forehead, the man grinned down at her, making sure she understood what he was about to say next.

"I guess we're moving to LA next year."

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore)    In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore) Empty

Back to top Go down

In the wake of a disaster (Kelenore)
Page 1 of 1