Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Something Too Perfect (Kelenore) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Something Too Perfect (Kelenore) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Something Too Perfect (Kelenore) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Something Too Perfect (Kelenore) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Something Too Perfect (Kelenore) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Something Too Perfect (Kelenore)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

Job/hobbies : Internationally acclaimed photographer

Something Too Perfect (Kelenore) Empty
PostSubject: Something Too Perfect (Kelenore)   Something Too Perfect (Kelenore) EmptyWed Sep 15, 2021 6:13 pm

It had started out tentative.

It had taken Kit a while to learn how to behave with her. or relearn to be himself, the self he truly was, around her. It had taken her some adjusting too though she hid it better. To spare his feelings or to delude herself, he couldn't say. He was grateful regardless.

And yet, after the first week or so, it all started to come back to him. For the face and physique may be different but the man was still the same. He still enjoyed eating hot dogs in the parking lot, he still insisted on touring art galleries and prominent graffiti sites alike, he still took photographs of her using his phone every chance he was given.

And he loved her now more than ever before.

The logistics had been tricky at frost but Elenore had insisted he finish his final semester at Juliard. So, against his wishes, the wizard found himself donning polyjuice from his trusty flask and attending classes alongside her as if it was normal. It at least saved many an explanation. After school though, the charade ended, Kit emerging in his usual form. The first time he had waited at Elenore's lobby for her, he had noted the doorman looking him up and down suspiciously, his eyebrows rising even higher when Tuesday descend from the elevator and took the older man's hand in hers.

Most days, they simply walked around New York, Kit appertaining them into a different borough for the French witch to experience. Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, even Harlem. Any part fo the city they had not explored as a young couple, they ventured into now. Though it wasn't just the city Elenore wanted to know about.

"When did you first come to America?"

"In the eighties," he answered truthfully as they walked side by side down a quiet street in Brooklyn. Italian American architecture was displayed everywhere, from salons to closed pasta shops to bakeries. Most road signs blared both English and Italian instructions. He watched for a flinch or a withdrawal of some kind but non came from his companion.

"The Harrington-Royces hale from England originally. I was born a Royce and didn't belong there in the least. So after I graduated, I doped the Royce, replaced it with Harrington and moved here to join an artist collective in San Francisco.

She remained quiet, taking ti all in. he probably thought they were the same in that regard.

"Before I came to America, I felt like.. I had a calling, to be an artist. To show the world in all its beauty and its heinousness. Only petty, mediocre artists think there is only one side to the coin. You play music beautifully but you know the consequences of a badly composed tune. Only true artists acknowledged all sides of their craft, and embrace it regardless."

The young witch nodded again. "So did you find the... less pleasant side of your craft."

Kit stopped in his tracks, making her mirror the movement. Perhaps she sensed he needed strength to tell this part because soon, her small hand was in his.

"I did... It was a whirlwind, and it left me in more pain that, I have ever been before.Or at least, until recently." As difficult as it had been to let the love of his life go, it was far worse to try and pry himself from the young girl quietly holding his hand. "For a while I slot purpose, any meaning to my existence. I had good friends," the man shook his head, correcting his statement. "A good friend who tried to steer me right. But I didn't think I could ever be steered any way until I found Azalea."

The brunette didn't interrupt so he continued.

"I could never imagine myself having children. I couldn't imagine ever loving someone enough to want that. So I found a child who was as lost and broken and me and she gave my life meaning, for a while."

"But then she grew up and went away, and cone again I had nothing to do but try to fill my days with my calling. By that time, I had a notable career, I had traveled, I had learned and seen things, I had even created work I was proud of. But..." The man paused, unsure how to phrase it right so it didn't scare her.

"But I've started to understand in the last year that my calling wasn't art. It wasn't any book or printing or a profession. I was pulled here by fate so I could spend an incomplete life until... Until I finally met you."

Come plot with me! <3
Something Too Perfect (Kelenore) Rsz_rs12
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Birthday : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Something Too Perfect (Kelenore)   Something Too Perfect (Kelenore) EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 10:15 am

It had taken some time to adjust to the new situation. It would have been a lie to say it had been easy to take in the man that had once been Kevin that was now Kit. Physically, everything had changed about the man. It had been jarring to see the contrast, in truth, the transformation from a man in his twenties -- Elenore had realised she'd never truly known Kevin's age, because it had been clear they were close enough in age for it not to have mattered -- to a man in his late fifties.

The witch had had to become accustomed to the small lines that touched the man's features denoting his age. Around his eyes, and at the corner of his mouth. She'd become accustomed to the fact Kevin's lean and muscled frame changed to that of an older man's. Not that Kit was in any way out of shape, but he wasn't quite the same.

It had taken time for Elenore's brain to come around to the fact that it was only the physical aspects of the man that had changed. In the first week that passed she had realised quite quickly that Kit had not hidden his real personality from her. He was still the same man who enjoyed art, and would snap pictures of anything he found beautiful. He was still the same man who would talk at length about art, the world, and the beauty within it. He was still the same man who understood art as much as she did, and who treasured it as much as she did.

Kit Harrington was still the same man who looked at her with the intensity she'd never felt before, that made her heart flutter when she caught him looking at her in that manner.

The only difference in all of it had been physical.

They had started afresh, though. Navigating around New York with the same kind of purpose as they navigated back through Kit's story so that she could catch up with everything she hadn't known about the man for the last three years. It made so much more sense now, why Kevin had always shown more interest in talking about her than he had himself through the years. He hadn't wanted to lie to her, so he'd kept himself from finding himself in a position he would have to.

Now, though, the witch did not hold back from asking him about his past.

"When did you first come to America?"

The witch had asked as they walked down the quiet street of Brooklyn. Weirdly, the place felt a little bit like home as they walked. The signs in Italian, and the snippets of Italian coming out from some of the shops. European languages would always make her feel more at home, and the gentle arguments on prices brought a soft smile to the witch's lips even as Kit began to reply to her question.

"In the eighties,"

The witch took the information in with grace. It was still weird, thinking of the man as being so much older than her. Coming to America even before she'd been born took a moment to digest, but it didn't push her away from the man.

As Kit continued on, talking of how he had been born to the Harrington-Royce's, Elenore nodded, showing she knew the name. Well, she knew the English side, the Harrington side had been deemed lesser for heading towards America, the intolerance of the European's always happened when you headed to the New World. Something that, clearly, neither she or Kit cared for given their current choice of location.

It was no surprise that Kit had left his family to try to find himself. Artists were usually ones to do that, and the witch couldn't help but smile fondly at his explanation. "So did you find the... less pleasant side of your craft?" Elenore asked, wanting to keep Kit talking about his journey now that they had started along that track.

But Kit stopped in his tracks. Literally.

The witch stopped just after him, turning towards him to see if he was okay, her hand moved to his, to comfort him as he tried to find the answer he was looking for in that moment.

It came in the words that showed the pain he'd suffered for a time. He'd had something, or someone, he'd treasured, and lost that. The loss had left him empty, without a purpose, and the witch's heart melted more for the man in front of her as he explained without holding back that he had struggled until he'd found his daughter, who had renewed him for a while, but then when she'd grown old enough had left him searching again. It would be untrue for the witch to say she understood that feeling, or knew what that felt like.

She hadn't lost her purpose, she'd simply never had one.

"But I've started to understand in the last year that my calling wasn't art."

The witch's brow gently creased at that admission. His art was beautiful, to suggest that his calling was not art...

"I was pulled here by fate so I could spend an incomplete life until... Until I finally met you."

The crease quickly faded from Elenore's brow, replaced quickly by the pink hue in her cheeks as the man flattered her so openly, without reservation where they stood in the street. Elenore's eyes left Kit's features in that moment, the smile blossoming upon her features. He was much too good at doing that, making her blush as he poured his heart out in such a manner. She doubted she would ever get used to it, the feeling of giddiness that came when someone made her feel as special as Kit did.

"Well, I'm very glad that fate pulled you here." Elenore replied after a moment, hoping the colour was losing it's strength as she met the man's eyes again. The sincerity of his words couldn't be doubted in that moment, the softness of his eyes showed that much as he gazed down at her. "I don't think I could have managed America without you."

The witch gently pulled on the man's hand, pulling him forward again as they continued down the quiet street. The picture of Kit Harrington became clearer each day. How he'd come here, the fact he had a daughter, and a granddaughter already. Something had happened in his past that had hurt him deeply -- but Elenore refused to push on that point, if Kit wanted to tell her, he would tell her in his own time. A friend, who had helped him through the worst time.

For a few steps, Elenore kept her silence, digesting the new information, and trying to decide which path she would like to head down with the man next. It took them past another bakery, and a vegetable shop that had an abundance of tomatoes for sale, before she spoke again.

"Do you still feel the same way now?" Elenore asked, thought she hadn't finished the question entirely because she wanted to ensure Kit was listening before she fully completed the question. "Can you still not imagine yourself with children of your own?" Her slender fingers remained in the man's hand, trying to comfort him despite the question that was quite personal.

~ Diary ~ Profile ~ Kelenore Playlist ~
~ Ambitious ~ 21 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~
Something Too Perfect (Kelenore) Signat12
Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Something Too Perfect (Kelenore)   Something Too Perfect (Kelenore) EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 5:30 pm

"Well, I'm very glad that fate pulled you here."

Her answer was modest but it reassured the photographer as they continued to walk once again, this time her leading him more than the other way around. Kit found he had grown rather fond of walking like this with the French brunette, no particular destination in mind, just enjoying the motion in the moment it happened. When she was this near, the world didn’t feel quite as alone as it did when she wasn’t around.

"Do you still feel the same way now? Can you still not imagine yourself with children of your own?"

The man didn’t pause this time, rather letting her take the lead as he considered that question. In the end, he figured it was best to be honest with her in everything from now one. Everything save one.

“Honestly… I don’t know what kind of a father I’d be. Azalea… with her I had help. Two of my friends took the lead on that and then one stayed for longer. She… knew how to get things done. Me not so much, I’m what you would say a ‘free range parent’. And Azalea was an easy kid. Fronds use to envy me for having such an independant, drama free girl but I don’t know.” Of course, the off shot of having an independent child was Kit never being sure how much her himself was needed. Often, the man had thought she grew much like her plants did, with minimal supervision.

“I guess I don’t see any children needing me… especially now,” He didn’t really see anyone needing him to be fair. Even Mimosa had found a home far away. While not as independent as her mother, she had a support system constructed completely alien of himself. Whether it was by the child’s choice or by malicious design on the Clément’s part, it mattered little in the end. Mimosa was happy so he had to be happy too.

“Though I suppose… If someone would want to give the old horse a go… I could be persuaded,” It was the easiest and only way he could think of to say he would do anything for the brunette beside him. It was far fetched to think such things at this point but if it came down to it, they both knew it was beyond him to deny Elenore anything she wanted.

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: Something Too Perfect (Kelenore)   Something Too Perfect (Kelenore) EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 2:58 pm

She hadn't known she'd been holding her breath until Kit had spoken, but the witch had found herself letting out a slightly shaky breath with the first line of his answer. It wouldn't have been overly noticeable, but the witch had been caught off guard when she'd let the breath go. The answer, as it first started, wasn't one that filled the witch with hope. Of course, it wasn't like it mattered right now for them, but in time, if things worked out...

The witch focused in on what the man was saying once more.

With his daughter, he'd had help raising her. Friends who had been there to help him through it all. It wasn't exactly and alien concept to the witch, though instead of friends, the Palace employed nannies to take care of the children. There were enough people to take on almost every role necessary to bring a child up. If Kit believed she would think badly on his parenting style, then he did not understand the world she came from.

"Everyone has their own parenting technique." Elenore replied, working to try to alleviate the man's worries that he hadn't done the right thing. "I don't have any experience on how to raise children, but I know I wouldn't want to be the same kind of mother as my Maman. She was very absent when I was young, and she's always favoured my brother. Boys are important in our family, so... I was overlooked."

The witch didn't say that in a sad tone, it was matter of fact. The amount of times she'd heard that from Grandmere had made it sting much less than anything else that had come before.

"I plan to treasure any children I have, so that they know without a doubt that I love them." Elenore continued, pushing past her views of her Maman without dwelling. "But I do plan... on having at least three children. More, if I can." It would be left as unspoken that currently, she would like it to be with the man walking alongside her, he could infer that if he wished.

"What about your friend? The one who helped you with Azalea. Where is she now? What is she like?" Elenore asked, hesitating for a moment before she continued. "Were... you two ever involved with one another?"

It wasn't that Elenore would be jealous, per se, but it sounded like the friend in question was important, and Elenore wanted to know more about her.

Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Something Too Perfect (Kelenore)   Something Too Perfect (Kelenore) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 2:01 pm

The young brunette's charitable nature was on display a they walked through the companionable silence of the evening. Her trying to make him feel better about his parenting... Boy it had been a long time since he had even felt like a parent of any kind. Until now, Kit had always assumed it didn't matter to him that his daughter and granddaughter did not need him. Wasn't he a great advocate of independence after all?  But as Elenore spoke softly about her own childhood, the realization hit that it did bother him on some level. Something he had never even realized himself let alone tell another soul.

He remained silent as she spoke of how her family was structured, not giving away that he had some insight on how such prehistoric families were run. At one point, the thought of Vanessa succumbing to that oppressive regime had filled him with anger and a blind desire to rescue her. Now however, his heart only saddened at the result of the Lady Clement not fighting for Chrysler or her daughters. Elenore did not deserve to be overlooked by anyone.

The quiet French girl beside him deserved to shine unabashedly.

"What about your friend? The one who helped you with Azalea. Where is she now? What is she like?"

"Clara," the man spoke, an insistent smile tugging at the corners of his mouth at the thought of his best friend. "She is... a lot," he confessed as they passed another closed shop, a tailor's establishment by the looks of the dark front windows. "She's a psychic, or claims to be anyway. I've yet to see proof of it myself," he spoke good naturally, the same way he would to the dark haired woman who had helped him raise not one but two girls.

"Clara's a force of nature, never afraid to tell me what's what and always on top of things. Honestly, I could not have raised the girls without her and I'm not just saying that. She... She would have made a great mom I guess. But she never wanted that. So I suppose its a good thing we joined forces with Azalea because I didn't ever think i would be a dad either. We were definitely the weirdest family at Azalea's school events."

The fond memories were easy to spot in his eyes. The good old days without complications, the sweet spot when Azalea was perhaps seven or eight and he had learned how to dad until Azalea left for Salem at eleven. Those were the good years.

"Were... you two ever involved with one another?"

Against his wishes, the man let out a slight guffaw, stopping in his tracks once again but this time to swallow the laughter that threaten to bubble out. "With Clara? I would pity anyone, man, woman, stoned T shirt seller, who would get involved. Unless they don't have a particular attachment to any of their body parts."

Straightening up, he took Elenore's arm once again and they continued to walk.

"It might be difficult to imagine at your age," he began carefully as they moved forwards. "But I was never... I didn't feel the need o be in a long term relationship with another person back then, not in the romantic sense. Clara, I can only assume, felt the same. That's why we worked so well. Because we wanted some of the same things. And often enough, that works out better than any romance novels or movies."

Turning the tables on her, he asked his own question, albeit with a slight tone of amusement, leaving it up to her if she wanted to answer.

"And what about you, Tuesday? Any fellas tickled your fancy in the past?"

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: Something Too Perfect (Kelenore)   Something Too Perfect (Kelenore) EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 4:47 pm

Elenore's features remained schooled in neutrality as Kit spoke of his friend Clara. She noted the way his lips tugged in to a smile as he spoke, and the fondness with which he spoke of the woman Elenore had never met. Worry niggled in the pit of her stomach as she listened to him explain that she was a psychic, something Elenore had not expected to feel. It went unspoken, the worry, because Elenore reasoned with herself in the moments Kit spoke of the unusual family Azalea had had.

To the French witch, it sounded unreal. Having a family that doted on you in such a manner was... something she couldn't relate to. Azalea had been lucky -- even if she'd had unconventional parental figures, she'd had someone.

And the image of the imperfect family did little to shake the worry in her stomach.

Until Kit laughed with such disbelief at her final question of Clara that she jumped a little at the reaction. Her question had not been one she'd made in jest. The witch was more than curious of the nature of the relationship Kit had found himself in, and the reaction... Elenore had waited a moment for Kit to find the words. No, he and Clara had never been involved. The relief swept through her body, releasing her shoulders from the tension they'd found themselves in, and a smile blossomed on her features instead. Seeing Kit so amused with the situation was hard to remain neutral.

"Well, usually... when people have children together, there is that connection." Elenore gently defended the question she'd asked. Kit was already explaining that he hadn't wanted a relationship at that time, and that Clara hadn't either. They had only been friends, Elenore had summarised in that moment, which made things a little bit more palatable for the witch.

What she had not expected, though, was Kit's next question.

"And what about you, Tuesday? Any fellas tickled your fancy in the past?"

"Kenneth!" Elenore replied, her French accent growing stronger in that moment as she flushed with embarrassment. "Tu ne peux pas demander ça à une femme!" She admonished, flustered enough to fall back in to her native tongue in the process. Elenore caught herself a moment later, though, with Kit giving her the look that said he hadn't understood what she'd said.

"You can't ask a lady that!" She translated, turning her attention back to the street.

"Oh, what about dinner here?" She asked, pointing out a small cafe that looked suitable enough for their dinner. "I'll let you order for me." The latter was added to take his mind off of the question, and back to what he normally did when it came to their food -- picking something she'd probably never tried in her life.

Anything to get away from a conversation such as that.

Anything to get back to the topic of all things Kit.

Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Something Too Perfect (Kelenore)   Something Too Perfect (Kelenore) EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 5:18 pm

Much to his surprise, Elenore was not amenable to discussing her own love live. The man wondered if it was because there wasn't much to discuss or the exact opposite. Granted he hadn't really seen her engaging in such behavior here but America was still new to the young brunette. Maybe back home, back in her comfort zone... He couldn't imagine a girl like her short on options.

"Oh, what about dinner here?"

Her words pulled him out of his murky thoughts, replacing the grin on his face that had momentarily vanished. The offer of letting him order added the twinkle back in his gaze.

"Remember you said that," he warned cheerily, steering her towards the cafe boasting authentic rigatoni. He had no doubt the dish itself would be good, as to how Tuesday would go about eating it, that was another story altogether.

As they entered the cafe, it's last and only clients in the late hour, they were greeted by an old lady who looked non too pleased. Still, she took their order and then went out back to prepare their meal, the only one working the cafe this late at night.

As the two Julliard students shared a small candlelit table and more conversation, making it clear to Elenore that tonight was her night to ask whatever she wanted.

For as long as she wanted.

Kit would indulge her forever if she insisted, and siting here in the small cafe with the grumpy owner not so discretely looking at her watch, it felt like the right space to do so.

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something Too Perfect (Kelenore)   Something Too Perfect (Kelenore) Empty

Back to top Go down

Something Too Perfect (Kelenore)
Page 1 of 1