Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (One shot) Emptyby Chester Millstone Today at 8:55 am

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (One shot) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (One shot) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (One shot) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (One shot) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (One shot)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (One shot) Empty
PostSubject: So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (One shot)   So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (One shot) EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 5:13 pm

Azalea had moved off from their table at his invitation to call her friend. It was almost as if she'd forgotten that they'd come her for that, and the gentle reminder had almost come as a surprise to the witch. Jacques had watched her move to the car as he finished his sandwich in the next few bites. Checking over to the witch, who was deep in conversation already, Jacques had contented himself that he wasn't needed in that moment.

Pulling out his phone, the man unlocked the device for the first time he'd been out of the Palace. There were plenty of messages showing in the notifications, the numbers next to various applications denoting that he had been out of touch with the world for too long. It was the number beside the phone symbol that had caught him off guard. He'd known Kiranjeet would call, but he hadn't expected quite as many as were shown on the screen.

Hesitating for a moment, with a glance across to Azalea, the man pressed the button to call.

Ring. Ring. Rin-

The line went dead.

Jacques lowered the phone from his ear, finding the call page gone, and instead looking at his recent correspondence. Thumbing Kiranjeet's name, the call started again.

Ring. Rin-

"What?"

Jacques paused at the tone from the other side of the phone, knowing better than to rile Kiranjeet up, he allowed a moment to pass before he spoke again.

"Hi Kiranjeet," he greeted as warmly as he could in that moment. It was difficult, though, after everything that had happened, he hadn't expected this. Silence greeted him from the other side, and the Frenchman waited again for the witch to speak before he did. Nothing. "Mimosa isn't well."

Silence.

"She's in a coma."

Silence.

"I couldn't get her out safely."

"It wasn't your fault, I'm sure."

Jacques gave a rye smile at that much. There was another pause between them.

"I'm sorry I haven't contacted you since it happened." Jacques told the witch softly. "I've been by Mimosa's side this whole time, you know my phone doesn't work at home."

Kiranjeet remained quiet in that moment.

"Please don't be mad at me, ma moitiƩ..."

"I'm not mad. I've been worried sick for ten days. You told me you had to do something important, and then I hear nothing from you! I can't get through to you. You don't call me back. My messages go unread. I have been terrified that something had happened to you. The news has been the only thing I've had because there was no news you were hurt, because Merlin knows if the pretty French boy had been hurt, the world would know about it!"

Jacques would have been offended had the witch's voice not hitched in the moment she threw the insult in his direction. Kiranjeet might have been mad -- despite her insistence she wasn't -- but it was clear he had not thought outside of the room he'd cooped himself for more than a week, and she had suffered.

"I'm sorry." Jacques replied again, feeling ashamed of his behaviour. "Mimosa is in a very bad way, and I didn't think of anything more than staying with her. Making sure she was okay."

"How is she now?"

"... Alive. Just... she only managed to breathe on her own this morning." Jacques explained, the first time of actually saying something to that extent out loud.

"Do you want me to come there?"

Perhaps it was the manner in which he'd explained Mimosa's condition. Perhaps she just knew how much he would have loved her presence in that moment. But what he wanted, and what he could have were two very different scenarios.

"You know I would, but it's not possible, Kiranjeet." The man replied carefully. They'd spoken about this before, and it wouldn't change just because Mimosa was unwell.

"Are you okay?"

"I will be, when Mimosa is." Jacques answered honestly. The witch tried to insist that he could come there, for a break, or she could stay in Paris to be close, but the Clement heir declined both offers, saying he was alright, and there wasn't anything she could do to assist the younger witch in that moment. Instead, their conversation moved away from him, to the witch and what she had gotten up to in his absence. Mostly it had been talk of work, and what had been happening with her teammates. The end of the season was upon them, and it meant a number of them had gone home.

Their conversation would keep going until Azalea looked to be finishing up with her own.

"I've got to go, Azalea's finishing up her call now."

Kiranjeet went quiet.

"We're just friends, ma moitiƩ." Jacques gently reminded her.

"I know..."

"Tu me manques..."

"And you've forgotten I don't know French."
Kiranjeet replied, her tone picking up in that moment.

"I miss you, Kiranjeet. More than you know."

"Saya rindu awak juga."

"You know I can't speak... Malay?" The man asked, guessing the language with uncertainty.

"Well, I'll leave you to wonder."

Jacques let out a soft laugh before he softly said goodbye to the witch, and ended the call in time for Azalea to come back to her coffee. It might not have been the best conversation he'd had with Kiranjeet, but at least she knew he was okay.

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (One shot) Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (One shot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (One shot)   So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (One shot) EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 5:15 pm

So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (One shot) Rsz_on10
Back to top Go down

So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (One shot)
Page 1 of 1