Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vanessa Clement
Adult
Adult
Vanessa Clement

Birthday : 1973-06-22
Job/hobbies : The Lady Clement

Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) Empty
PostSubject: Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis)   Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 10:41 am

Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) Sad-alone-cute-girl

Vanessa ran against the cold of the autumn eve, tears blinding her vision as she crashed through leaves and branches upon clearing the main atrium and the school stables which housed some of the finest horses in the world. Any other  day the young witch would have stopped to take in the dedication with which the area had been beautified, dropped by the stables to say hello to her own winged pony, Wind Glider and even chatted with the stable staff for a bit. Today was not any other day though.

The wind rushed cold and unforgiving against her unjacketed frame, tuning chilly fingers through her hair as they flew behind her, doing their best to keep up with the girl who refused to stop until she was away from everything.

We have decided it in your best interest...

Non, the witch screamed internally before correcting herself. Reverting to french had became all too easy in the past years. Vanessa had to make a conscious effort these days to remind herself that she wasn't one of them.

They certainly had no qualms about doing the same.

It is no place for a lady of your station...

Rubbing furiously against the tears of anger and disappointment cascading down her face, the brunette threw herself down on the steps leading down to the wilder lands surrounding the school, unable to run any longer.

Afraid of crossing the boundary. As always.

Burying her face in her knees and curling up into herself on the stone steps, the witch let the rest of her tears fall, quiet sobs wracking her slender frame where she sat.

Come Plot With Me <3
Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) Rsz_ve10
Back to top Go down
Louis Clement
Adult
Adult
Louis Clement

Birthday : 1973-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis)   Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 10:42 am

It had not taken Louis long to find his feet at school, nor had it taken him long to work his way to the higher circles of friends the school could boast. Though his name gave him easy access to most places, it didn't always make you friends, Louis, however, had shown that he could do that all by himself. But never, not even for a moment, did he forget his cousin.

School had been kind to them, placing them in the same house and same lessons for the last two years, and for that much, Louis was ever grateful. Vanessa still lived in fear of Grandmere, so he could always rely on stealing her homework to quickly copy if and when he forgot. The fact it was almost every single day was another matter entirely.

Except for Defence Against the Dark Arts, Louis always concentrated on that field of magic.

Louis had been spending the afternoon sat out in the courtyard, trying to perfect the Severing Charm he'd been taught only that morning, carefully cutting through various objects. Almost nothing could prize him away from the work he was doing, except the very, very familiar sound of Vanessa's footsteps. No, such hurried steps couldn't be his Vanessa... That would mean...

Looking up, Louis saw his best friend running like her life depended on it towards the grounds, and without a second thought, the young boy stood, hurrying after her. If someone had been upsetting Vanessa, Merlin knew they were going to pay, nobody was allowed to upset Vanessa, not even him. For if he ever hurt her, he expected Vanessa to hex is backside in to oblivion. Though it would never happen, he merely could not bring himself to see her sad.

"Ven! Wait up!" Louis called after the witch, but she seemed intent on her destination, so Louis merely run after her. Never the other way around, always Louis chasing, and never catching up in time. Though, as he had expected, she finally stopped, sitting on the steps and he slowly approached her, knowing best not to alarm her. "Ven?" The boy whispered softly, announcing his arrival before he finally sat down. "You beat me, again." He added, still as soft, trying to make her smile at the joke that would always be upheld.

After a moment, Louis put his hand on her back, rubbing softly to try to ease the tension. "What's wrong, Ven?" The boy asked, concern written in his features. "Do I have to go hex what's-her-name for making you cry?" He added, because Louis had never been good at comfort, but revenge... revenge he could do.

~ Lord Clement ~ Profile ~ 55 ~
Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) Signat10
Thank you to the amazing Ruby for the signatures! <3
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Clement
Adult
Adult
Vanessa Clement

PostSubject: Re: Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis)   Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 10:43 am

Anger shook her body as much as the wind, ending shivers up and down her spine as the girl cried. It wasn't her fault, of that much she knew. Why they treated it like it was was beyond the girl. Was it because she was a girl? The rules had been clear enough growing up. A different set for her and another one entirely for the boys. School was supposed to be her escape from that but even here, even now, they were subjecting her to things because she was... because she was not...

"Ven?"

The sobs came harder at Louis' voice, soft despite the reputation he seemed to have obtained at school. School was stupid, everyone was stupid. Sometimes it felt as though it was just the two of them against the whole world even if that thought too was stupid.

Louis was also one of them, she had tried to reason many times. But at times like these, she couldn't believe it.

"Do I have to go hex what's-her-name for making you cry?"

As soon as she felt his hand on her back, the young witch flung herself at her cousin, burying her face in his chest as more tears coursed down her face and into his blazer. Without a word, the girl clenched her fist, blindly seeking out his free hand to push the crumpled piece of paper into it. Vanessa had read the letter once per usual and then once again because she had been in shock. Too much shock at what was happening.

The crumpled piece of parchment told the story in Aunt Lynette's perfect calligraphy. Of how she had heard Vanessa intended to try out for the Ombrelune Quidditch team. Hoe her aunt and uncle at discussed the matter at length and decided it was no place for a lady.

The note at the end stated on no uncertain terms that this was their decision and that there would be no need to reconfirm with Grandmere on this.

Because even Aunt Lynette knew Grandmere would take Vanessa's side.

"Been pr-practicing for two m-m-mo-months," she managed to choke out against him, her body curling reflexively into Louis as it used to do since they were both children. "Try outs t-t-tomorrow," she managed, still speaking in English, her own small act of defiance against the family that raised her.

Come Plot With Me <3
Back to top Go down
Louis Clement
Adult
Adult
Louis Clement

PostSubject: Re: Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis)   Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 10:43 am

It was no surprise to Louis that Vanessa threw herself at him, clinging to his frame as she cried. They'd been each other's comfort for so long now, it was just one of those things that defined their relationship. Tentatively, he held her closer, knowing that she needed his presence more than anything now.

The piece of parchment was the only reason his hands moved from holding her, opening the crumbled ball to see his mother's writing. It took him a few moments to read the letter, his eyes growing dark at the message.

"Been pr-practicing for two m-m-mo-months," she managed to choke out against him, her body curling reflexively into Louis as it used to do since they were both children. "Try outs t-t-tomorrow,"

Louis read over the letter again, his brow only deepening at the idea his mother would stop her from doing such things. Sure, they had expectations, but for Merlin's sake Vanessa did everything to the tee for them, questioning him every time he had an idea of an adventure. "You're still going, Ven. Merlin forbid I let them dictate to you that much." Louis whispered, holding her closer as he let go of the stupid letter.

"The Ombrelune team needs you..." He added, uncertain whether to add that he needed her there too. Maybe she'd understand that things were always more fun when she's around. "We don't have to tell anyone, it's our little secret. If they find out, I'll tell them that I made you do it." Louis tried, the brightness in his tone trying to cheer her up.

"I can also bet every last Knut that Grandmere doesn't know about this." Louis added, shaking his head at his mother's tactics. "And, no matter what mama says, you're the best young lady I know, Ven."

Back to top Go down
Vanessa Clement
Adult
Adult
Vanessa Clement

PostSubject: Re: Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis)   Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 10:44 am

"You're still going, Ven. Merlin forbid I let them dictate to you that much."

At any to her time, his words would have given her hope. It wouldn't have been the first time Louis her broken her free to from the countless expectations she was supposed to uphold, taking the blame on himself more than once for what had been a combined decision. But this wasn't about being a lady or a Clement. It was clear from the way Aunt Lynette worded the letter that the agenda was completely different.

Louis was right in his assumption that Grandmere knew nothing about it. The note at the bottom confirmed it. What Aunt Lynette really meant was that if Vanessa wanted to express the least bit of gratitude towards them for raising her, she would not try out for the team.

Subtle communication was the first thing a lady was taught and Vanessa both spoke and understood the language perfectly.

And all because Dominic had tried out twice for the Bellefoulle team and not made it whereas his brother was a shining star on the Ombrelune team. Vanessa herself was a good flier, both on a broom and on horseback. She was a shoe in, everyone knew that.

Even her Aunt.

But what would hurt Dominic's feelings. His younger brother outshining him at sports was still somewhat acceptable but a female cousin, no, that was unheard of. Whether Dominic was part of the conspiracy or not, Vanessa didn't know. But Aunt Lynette clearly had no intentions of making her weak son look even weaker simply because Vanessa wanted to fly.

"I c-can't," she stammered, trying to make him understand. "She doesn't want me t-to. I owe h-her..." Another sob escaped the girl as she clung to Louis harder, trying to find his strength to steady herself. "You know why sh-she's doing it right?" she asked, finally managing to look up at the boy comforting her.

"It's b-because I'm not..." Try as she might though, she couldn't bring herself to say the next words. Because she wasn't one of them. Beaus she wasn't sick.

Because she wasn't as weak.

Come Plot With Me <3
Back to top Go down
Louis Clement
Adult
Adult
Louis Clement

PostSubject: Re: Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis)   Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 10:45 am

"I c-can't," she stammered, trying to make him understand. "She doesn't want me t-to. I owe h-her..."

Louis sighed, because to him it was black and white. She went and did what she wanted, or she succumbed to his mother being silly. Louis didn't understand for a second why she would want to the latter, it didn't make her happy. "But, Ven, think how good we'd be together! We'd show everyone how to play!" Louis insisted, because Merlin knew half the teams were made up with girls, and boys that were more girly than them.

"You know why sh-she's doing it right?"

"Because she doesn't want you to have fun." Louis replied, the sourness evident in his tone. Nobody ever let Vanessa have fun, and when she did have fun, they tried to tell her off. It simply wasn't fair. He loved his parents, very much, but they made the wrong decisions in more cases than he cared to consider.

"It's b-because I'm not..."

Louis' finger moved to her lips, he knew it was rude of him, but he couldn't hear her say such things. They were family, whether his parents would push her to a mere cousin, or treat her as their own didn't matter to Louis. All that matter was that he understood that Vanessa was something more. "You're coming to the try outs, Ven, and I am not taking no for an answer." Louis told her, the serious nature of the whole thing in his eyes. "The worst they can do is cut your allowance, and then you can just use mine!" He added, the conspiring nature of his showing through once again.

Slowly, the boy moved to wipe the tears away from her face, hoping that more wouldn't follow. Vanessa was so much prettier when she smiled, and tears only made him want to hit someone. Ladies weren't supposed to cry, they were supposed to be treated like princesses. But he'd failed her, and the evidence would remain with him as it seeped in to his skin. "But I can write to Grandmere, if you like..." He added, because both of them knew the duo that held the favour in their Grandmere's eyes.

And the duo did not include Dominic.

Back to top Go down
Vanessa Clement
Adult
Adult
Vanessa Clement

PostSubject: Re: Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis)   Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 10:45 am

"Because she doesn't want you to have fun."

The girl remained quiet, not wanting to sit and ponder if he knew the real reason behind the letter, too afraid to find out if he agreed with them or not. Louis may be different from them in many ways but he was just as protective of his brother as they rest of them were of Dominic. So when he moved the quiet her, the witch obeyed, letting him wipe away her tears. Perhaps given enough time, she would be able to convince herself that Quidditch wasn't all that fun, that it had been a silly thing to want to do anyway, that she couldn't have made it,.

How much time it would take to convince herself was anybody's guess.

"But I can write to Grandmere, if you like..."

Vanessa shook her head, sending loose brown curls shimmering down her back as she refused his offer. Writing to Grandmere would only show Aunt Lynnette how little Vanessa respected her and Uncle Thomas' wishes. It might win her the opportunity to try out for a school team but would earn her cold treatment for the rest of her stay with the Clements because no matter what happened with the team, Aunt Lynette would always treat her as a felon for going against her wishes.

And that was not something Vanessa could take.

"I suppose I shall just have to cheer harder for you from the stands," she said once she could trust her voice to remain stable. The witch even attempted a small smile, more for him than herself. Louis didn't like seeing her cry, he never had. And Vanessa had never liked making him unhappy. "You have to promise to win every game," she said, grey eyes focusing on his. "Especially against fucking Bellfoulle," she added a little spitefully.

Come Plot With Me <3
Back to top Go down
Louis Clement
Adult
Adult
Louis Clement

PostSubject: Re: Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis)   Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 10:46 am

The declination of his offer to speak to their Grandmere made Louis frown slightly, why couldn't she just accept that for once she could make her parents unhappy? "Ven, you know you do everything else my parents want, right? As in, you should just blow caution to the wind on this one, and do what makes you happy, not them?"

"You have to promise to win every game," she said, grey eyes focusing on his. "Especially against fucking Bellfoulle,"

"Come on, Ven, when have we ever not beaten those idiots?" Louis asked, a smile gracing his lips now that she was smiling. Louis was about to let the whole thing go, move on to a brighter subject when realisation hit the boy hard, and so very slowly his trademark smugness took over his features. "You know, Ven, I've just had a genius idea!" Louis told her, pulling away from her and standing at the bottom of the steps, turning back to her with the excitement quite clear in his eyes.

"You don't have to register for the team with the teachers, right?" He told her, waiting only briefly for her to confirm the point before he moved on. "The only person you have to register the fact you're playing the game is with the Quidditch Captin, Marco, right?" Louis continued, the evident excitement only growing throughout his explanation. "So all we have to do is tell him that it's a secret, and you play as an alias...."

A pause so that he could finish the details in his head, trying to make sure that he'd worked it out correctly. Ven could finish the minor details, but he was close. "Dress as a boy, Ven, nobody will know when you're whizzing around. You can borrow my clothes." Louis concluded, looking to her hopefully to see if she was thinking along the same lines as him. His parents didn't need to contradicted, they could play them at their own game.

Back to top Go down
Vanessa Clement
Adult
Adult
Vanessa Clement

PostSubject: Re: Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis)   Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 10:47 am

There, the matter was dealt with and Vanessa, despite her raw hurt, could possibly see herself moving on from this. So long as Louis was there and he understood, things would work out.

Or so she thought until another idea struck the younger Clement, lighting his eyes with excitement as he relayed the plan. Vanessa listened carefully as he outlined taking Marco Dupree into confidence, dressing p as a boy. His plan had merit, Vanessa had to give her cousin that much. It might even work or a game or two before she started developing obviously feminine features that would be impossible to hide under layers of clothes.

But the point still stood that she would be going against Aunt Lynette in a way she never had before. For all her unfairness towards Vanessa, Lynette Clement was still the woman who raised her, who looked after her and made her capable enough to stand in the world with her head held high.

And betraying her aunt's trust for Quidditch seemed rather cheap to the Ombrelune.

"Its a good idea, Louis," she began, her voice both said and cautious. "But I can't... I won't..." Vanessa hated the dutiful being she had become sometimes. The sense of obedience, the need to please embedded in her from an early age. Being a Clement was a privilege, she'd been taught. A privilege for which you should thank your elders on bended knee your entire life if you had to. Louis didn't understand. It was one of the few things they weren't on the same wavelength at.

"Aunt Lynette will be terribly disappointed," she finished, a miserable note in her voice serving as her apology to the boy in front of ehr.

An apology for not being as brave as him. For always needing to stick to the rules when it mattered.

Come Plot With Me <3
Back to top Go down
Louis Clement
Adult
Adult
Louis Clement

PostSubject: Re: Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis)   Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 10:47 am

"Its a good idea, Louis," she began, her voice both said and cautious. "But I can't... I won't..."

At the sound of Vanessa saying no, Louis physically sagged at his cousins words. Why would she be so stupid as to not grasp the one thing she wanted? The team would understand the problem, they would keep quiet. But Vanessa wouldn't even try. To say he was disappointed in her would have been an understatement.

"Aunt Lynette will be terribly disappointed,"

"Fuck Aunt Lynette, she's not your dad, Ven. The only person who really has a say in whether you do Quidditch is your dad. Not mama!" He tried one last time, taking a seat next to his best friend once more. "I know I shouldn't say such things about mama, before you reprimand me. But I just want to have fun with you, Ven. Quidditch would be so much better with you. Please..?" Louis pleaded once more, really trying to get her to understand that this was more than just playing. So much more than Quidditch. It was about spending time together.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis)   Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis) Empty

Back to top Go down

Beauxbaton Academy of Magic, France, 1985 (Louis)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next