Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Look at these phtograhs ( One shot)
Carmel, April 2015 (Louis) Emptyby Tessa Greene Today at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Carmel, April 2015 (Louis) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Carmel, April 2015 (Louis) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Carmel, April 2015 (Louis) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Carmel, April 2015 (Louis) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Carmel, April 2015 (Louis)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vanessa Clement
Adult
Adult
Vanessa Clement

Birthday : 1973-06-22
Job/hobbies : The Lady Clement

Carmel, April 2015 (Louis) Empty
PostSubject: Carmel, April 2015 (Louis)   Carmel, April 2015 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 1:34 pm

With the date decided for the first of April, Louis and Vanessa had thought it best to take a plane instead of apperating halfway across the world. It would at least given the Lady Clement some much needed time to prepare on the way. Vanessa hadn’t had the misfortune to visit the Americas since that fateful day at the azalea festival when she had left a five year old girl on a park bench and watched and waited until Kit Harrington had approached the child, curious but drawn to the loneliness in her deep chocolate eyes.

Eyes so much like Kit’s own.

As Louis helped her up into their private jet, a luxury machine built for comfort as opposed to speed or battle, Vanessa navigated on autopilot, her grey eyes barely seeing her surroundings because her mind kept replaying the talk with Jacques the night before. She had gone to tuck him in at bedtime, and seeing him getting ready for bed with little to no help from his Nanny had made her want to burst in tears. He was so independent even at this age; she doubted he would miss her even if he was as far away as Scotland. But that didn’t mean she wouldn’t miss him.

“Would you like to pray before bedtime?” Vanessa asked as the boy got ready to climb into his bed. The issue of faith was rather loosely discussed in the palace. Vanessa had never forced her belief upon her children. If they wished the guidance of the Gods, they would come to ask it of their own accord. Jacques – the last she’d spoken to him on this subject – had chosen to remain neutral on the existence of deities until he saw proof. So to her surprise, the boy merely nodded, getting down on his knees beside his bed. Clasping his hands together, the boy began reciting something too softly for her to gather.

When he was done, the child rose to his feet once more, canting his head towards her as if checking to see if his mother was any different. Calling forth a smile, Vanessa walked to the child, playfully lifting him to his feet and cuddling him close before settling him into bed.

“So did you change your mind on the gods?” she asked casually as she reached for the blankets. To her surprise, the boy shook his head.

“Non Maman,” he replied solemnly, laying his hands straight beside him and getting ready to sink back into the pillows.

“Then why did you pray tonight?” Vanessa asked, grey eyes warm and curious, glinting on her son as she waited for a response.

“I’ve been praying for two weeks now,” Jacques reported matter off factly. “Ever since we returned from Lyon. I thought if the gods were real, they would like you because you believe in them. So every night I ask them to make you well again.” There was no hopefulness in his voice, no childish whimsy. The ten year old reported his prayers as if it were a new experiment he was trying out in his personal potions lab, a gift from his parents on his eighth birthday. “I don’t have to believe in something for it to be real, and in case they are real, I didn’t want to miss the opportunity to ask them for something they might be willing to do for someone who actually believes in them.”

It was not exactly a novel experience, her little boy catching her by surprise, but this time there was a hint of worry present in her grey eyes as she reached to pull the covers over his knees. “But darling, Maman is perfectly alright. You don’t have to pray for me.”

“Are you?” the little heir inquired, looking up at her curiously, his eyes as probing as his father’s could be on serious occasions. When he looked at her that way, there was no denying he was his father’s son. Vanessa had two options now; she could insult his intelligence by lying to him. Or she could come up with a half-truth that would do to keep the concern off her son’s features.

“Well, there is a decision I’ve been struggling with,” the witch began cautiously, meeting her son’s steady gaze. “Perhaps you could help me with it?” The boy considered this before nodding, his own qualms about agreeing to something unknown losing out against the wish to help his mother get better. “You see, it’s recently come to Papa and my attention that… That you might prefer studying at Hogwarts more than you would here at Beouxbaton. The syllabus there is more challenging, plus you’d get to live in a whole new country and make new friends.”

Jacques listened quietly, not interrupting, paying attention to her tone and her words as well as any body language being conveyed by his mother.  

“But on the other hand, I would miss you so terribly much if you were to go away. You see, if you were in Scotland, you would only be able to come home a few times a year… And Maman doesn’t know how she’d be able to live that long without her darling. Your papa and I love you so very much; the thought of sending you far away is almost unbearable.”

Pin drop silence dominated the room for a few seconds as her ten year old considered both sides of the decision, analyzing it purely on its merits and demerits where other children would have put their own preference into the equation. Jacques was not thinking about how being away from home would affect him, nor was he worried about being in a new place. He was purely observing the problem from his mother’s perspective. Finally he spoke, his eyes meeting his Vanessa’s evenly.

“Will it be better for the family if I attend Hogwarts instead of Beouxbaton?” he asked and Vanessa knew the answer would determine his choice. He was a Clement through and through, putting the family before him even at this age. The Lady Clement was being entirely truthful when she nodded a yes to a his question, barely keeping her lips from trembling as she confirmed where he would be for the next seven to eight years.  

“Then you should stop worrying Maman, I shall go to Hogwarts,” the boy decided, settling back into bed and waiting for her to pull the covers all the up to his chin. Vanessa did so slowly, making sure to tuck him in from all sides so no stray breaths of chill would bother his sleep. He truly was the best child anyone anywhere could have asked for.

“Goodnight darling,” she whispered as she leaned over him to place a gentle kiss on his smooth forehead. “Maman loves you so, so, so much, there aren’t words for it.”

“Love you too,” the child had replied, not in the habit of yawning his words no matter how tired he was. Vanessa sat by his bed until he’d fallen asleep, singing softly to him and promising herself she would tuck him in as often as she could before he left. Because very soon, he would be too far away or her to do so.

Her eyes opened again when they were already in the air, for how long she did not know. The brunette reached over for Louis sat beside her, grey eyes searching his to see if he was better prepared for the journey than her. All too soon, they would be landing in a private hanger just a few miles off Carmel, and then taking a limo to Harrington House. Where yet another challenge awaited them.

Come Plot With Me <3
Carmel, April 2015 (Louis) Rsz_ve10

Last edited by Vanessa Clement on Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Louis Clement
Adult
Adult
Louis Clement

Birthday : 1973-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Carmel, April 2015 (Louis)   Carmel, April 2015 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 1:36 pm

Having made the decision to send their son to Hogwarts, Louis had held Vanessa for the rest of the night in the hopes of keeping her safe from the moment she would have to let go of her son for the first time since he'd been born. It was going to be difficult for Louis, sending Jacques away, but unlike Vanessa, Louis had spent extended periods of time away from his family.

As Vanessa had fallen asleep, Louis had laid awake thinking over the whole situation, and all the different ways it could go. It had been in the early hours of the morning that he finally slid in to a slumber, still dressed from the day, but holding his wife closely to him.

The coming days had been putting the final details on the trip without the children knowing. Louis had not needed to excuse himself to do so, but he knew Vanessa had been doing her best to not show signs of the coming problems. The staff had been readied, the doctors put on notice, the final details put in to play. Louis had told his Maman that they were going to America on business, and asked that she would oversee both children on their behalf. Whilst Louis' explanation had not been enough, Lynnette Clement had the good grace not to ask, even if her eyes betrayed her inquisitive nature towards the subject.

The day of the flight to America drew round quickly. Louis had pressed a soft kiss to each of his children's foreheads and reminded them to behave for their Grandmere until they were back. Both had softly assured their Papa that they would, giving him a small hug before doing the same with their Maman. Louis did not miss how Jacques had held just a little too long to his Maman -- or perhaps it was Vanessa -- but he didn't raise question to it in the moment.

They left for their plane, and Louis made sure all arrangements were taken care of one last time, before helping Vanessa on to the plane. She was quiet, and Louis had expected as much. He'd listened to Vanessa recount their son's decision and Louis knew that it had not been an easy task for either party. Louis kept quiet, knowing Vanessa would speak when she was ready.

As the plane took off, Louis' mind turned to the American wizard they would be seeing in just a matter of hours. Their reception would be hostile, of that much Louis was certain. His own temper would have to be reined in, he would have to show the composure expected of the Lord Clement. For Vanessa's sake.

Because if he blew this up for Vanessa, ruined her chances of being a part of their granddaughter's life... Louis would never forgive himself.

But what happened if Kenneth Harrington worked to insult, or belittle Vanessa again? What if there was no other-

Louis' mind was called up short as Vanessa's hand reached out to his, bringing him back to the present moment. His eyes turned to his wife's and he offered her a small smile that showed that they were ready for whatever was coming their way.

Leaning over, Louis pressed a soft kiss to his wife's lips, hoping that it would convey the strength they both needed. "Get some rest, ma chérie, we have a long day ahead of us." Louis told her softly. Though, he doubted Vanessa would sleep, he didn't want her to be exhausted before their fight started.

~ Lord Clement ~ Profile ~ 55 ~
Carmel, April 2015 (Louis) Signat10
Thank you to the amazing Ruby for the signatures! <3
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Clement
Adult
Adult
Vanessa Clement

PostSubject: Re: Carmel, April 2015 (Louis)   Carmel, April 2015 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 1:36 pm

The plane landed noiselessly, the ground staff waiting to receive them with all due compliments that were given little regard before the Lord and Lady Clement were ushered to the limousine and speeding in the direction of Carmel by the Sea. Ignoring the stocked fridge in the car as well as the reading material, Vanessa kept her gaze straight ahead, trying not to recall the last time she was in America. The country held nothing for her, not even pleasant memories. As the vehicle sped on, she could feel the slight shift as the charms imbued into the car worked overtime to manage the streets of the historical seaside town they were travelling into. The driver – a true professional, she idly imagined – got them to their destination in under twenty minutes. Nowhere near enough time to be completely prepared, but enough to create the illusion of being battle ready.

Vanessa found herself visibly wincing as Harrington House loomed into view. Harsh glass and steel with an “open” concept not unlike slums. A gaudy looking swimming pool decorated the front porch, almost impossible to unsee as it dominated the entire area. Flashy neon colored beach chairs lay in a row to one side, adding insult to injury on the overall picture. This was the building her daughter had grown up in. The witch wondered if she’d hated it or loved it. There was little Lady Clement would ever know about her own daughter but it was too late to lament that now.

Stepping out of the car with Louis beside her, the couple made their way up some treacherous looking steps that led to the property, a tiny home by all accounts. Even from here, Vanessa could spot balconies to maybe four bedrooms, meaning the house could not possibly hold more than six total. How did Kenneth expect to raise children in a matchbox such as this? Where did Azalea keep all her personal possessions? Did the poor girl have to use the same room for sleeping, dressing and storing her clothes? Would Mimosa be subjected to the same? A further look showed that even the roof had not been left in its natural state. A dry, barren attempt at a garden had been made on the flat, stone surface and some ghastly patio furniture placed there in hopes of making it more seemly. A pointless effort, as it turned out.

Louis was the one to reach out and ring the doorbell, though why anyone would ever pretend to have privacy in a house made of glass Vanessa would never understand. Still, it was the polite thing to do. The two waited, preparing themselves for the onslaught that was Kit Harrington… only for it to not appear.

“KIT, CAN YOU GET THAT? I’M WITH THE KID!”

An uncomfortable pause as Louis looked at her inquisitively. Vanessa had no idea if there was a lady companion in the house. Perhaps there was a wet nurse for the child? Mimosa would be nearly two so she might still be feeding.

“OH FOR FUCK’S SAKE, KIT!” The voice yelled again, making Vanessa cringe internally. If there was indeed a baby in the house, it would do her little good to be exposed to such uncouth language at this age. Or any age. But the French witch had no time to consider this further as the door to the living area (as identified by the couches and the horrible television display seen through the glass wall) burst open and a woman with vivid pink hair pushed forth, her dark eyebrows clashing magnificently with what Vanessa could only think was a catastrophically accident involving hair dye.

But the longer the brunette took in this stranger, the more it seemed that her unfortunate hair color was by choice. The short, stout stranger was encased in stonewashed jeans, a blouse that could not seem to settle on being more green, red or yellow and several metal chokers that fought for space around her throat. The stranger greeted them with a smile, showing a lower lip piecing that wasn’t currently in use.

“Hello, sorry, I was with the kid because Kit is being his usual broody-“ The woman stopped, finally taking in the two well-dressed individuals at the doorstep before her dark eyes flashed at the limousine parked a way off. Vanessa watched comprehension dawn on her face before she let out a laugh. “Well knock me over with a pencil, some psychic you are Clara.”

“We’re here to see Kenneth Harrington,” Louis explained, demanding entry into the house in polite words. ”Clara” merely grinned.

“Of course you are,” she bubbled as she let them into the home, walking them past the swimming pool and into the living area she had emerged from. “I should have recognized you sooner. Vanessa, it’s a pleasure to meet you, and you really are as beautiful as Kit thinks you are.” Her gaze lingered on Louis for a moment before she shrugged her shoulders in the most unflattering way imaginable. “Sorry, I got nothing on you,” she apologized to Louis. “Kit doesn’t think of you as much.”

“I’d like to introduce my husband, Lord Louis Charles Phillip Clement the Fourth,” Vanessa intervened, making it clear that she had no wish to hear what Kit did and didn’t think of in his leisure time. Clara on her part spared Louis another glance before… having the audacity to roll her eyes.

“And I’m Clara,” she finally offered an introduction. “Clara no middle name, no other middle name, no number Kent.” By now they were in the living area which, even to Vanessa’s eye, did not look baby proofed in the slightest. From the sharp metal and glass décor to the ugly wires and cables running everywhere, the Lady Clement was quite convinced this was the most unsafe place for their granddaughter. “I was in the nursery with the kiddo, would you like to see her?”

“We’d like to see Kenneth soon, if it’s at all possible,”

“It’s possible, he’s in his dark room so dead to the world right now. But he should be out in a few minutes.” Clara extended an arm to the stairs. “All the way to the top, he’ll come out on the rooftop patio. Please make yourselves at home until he does. I can make some snack-“

“That’s quite all right,” Vanessa interrupted fluidly. They were here on business. Turning to Louis, she held his gaze for a moment, reassuring him she would be fine. It was only when he nodded his consent that she left his side to make her way up the horrible spiraling stairs.

“Well, since you’re here, you should come meet the kid, she’s quite something,” Vanessa heard Clara urge Louis and soon, the two disappeared into what Lady Clement presumed was the nursery.

Come Plot With Me <3
Back to top Go down
Louis Clement
Adult
Adult
Louis Clement

The rest of the journey had been spent in relative silence. Neither one of them really speaking as they both prepared for their arrival at the Harrington estate -- Louis called it that out of politeness that was not deserved, because he doubted a man who lost his only child could be trusted with an estate. Louis knew that once they arrived at Kenneth Harrington's house, the reins would be Vanessa's. Negotiating with the man would never come up well if Louis were to do it, that was an unspoken truth.

The plane landed softly, much different to Louis' other excursions on the Muggle technology when he served with the army, but that didn't mean he liked it any better. His body had momentarily tensed as the plane touched down, waiting the few brief moments it took for the plane to slow down and pull in to the hangar before he trusted himself to do anything more than wait.

It took too little time to arrive at Kenneth Harrington's ghastly house, and after helping Vanessa from the car, Louis had looked up to the monstrosity for a moment. There had been no expectation of grandeur in Louis' mind. That would have been giving Kenneth much too much respect, but Louis' opinion never showed once as they moved up to the house. Not everyone could live in a Palace, after all, if too many people had Palaces... well, the Clement power would not exist.

And, this was still much better than some of the homes he'd seen in the Middle East whilst he was serving.

Vanessa, though, Louis could feel the shift in her feelings. This, Louis summarised, had not been the home in which she had met Kenneth. This place would not offer as many bad memories, Louis hoped. Or, Kit would at least not have the power of the memories to thrust at her as they discussed.

"Ma chérie..." Louis spoke softly, just a moment before he stepped forward to press the bell. Giving her the subtle cue to prepare herself, because they were heading in to the most important situation they'd been through since Elenore had come in to the world, and there would be no room for mistakes.

Almost the moment Louis pressed the bell a shout from the other side of the door came up, in a horribly loud way. No staff, Louis denoted because whomever that voice belonged to was not someone who held Kit at a high level of respect. The information was tucked away for the moment, not knowing the source of the voice.

The second shouting was one that Louis knew would rile Vanessa, such disgusting words were not a part of the Palace, but for a time, they had been part of Louis' life. Not for him personally, his squadron had found it hilarious that Louis would not utter a single curse word, but he'd been used to the words being uttered for the smallest thing. Vanessa had not had such exposure, though, and Louis had to keep himself from smiling just a tiny bit at the likely thoughts running through her head.

The door had opened only a few moment later, and the sight before them was something so... off, Louis had to take a moment to compose himself -- very quickly, of course -- to the woman before him. Introducing themselves, and then following the witch in to the home, Louis took in the information that this woman, Clara, knew who Vanessa was. He wasn't surprised, no, but he took it in carefully, not wanting to leave anything exposed.

Whilst Vanessa introduced him -- something which could have been left without titles, but he let it go, Vanessa was obviously trying to make amends for Kit's mistakes when she didn't have to -- Louis' eyes scanned the room around them. Clara Kent, as they now knew her to be was much too talkative, and thought herself funnier than she was. Perhaps it was the fact he was on edge, or perhaps his humour was not attuned to her style, but the joke feel flat.

Vanessa hurried the conversation on, finding out where Kenneth was and insisting that she see him. Though she'd said we, Louis would not be going with her. Her gaze on him brought forward a small nod, and he held her gaze for a moment longer. The silent plea to please be careful. It would take him but a moment to get up those stairs, a moment longer to get to Vanessa, and less time than that to put Kenneth in his place if he tried the same as he had last time, but Louis did not want it to come to that.

Watching Vanessa depart with mild apprehension, Louis only just caught the end of Clara's sentence. His eyes turned to the American witch, a small, grateful smile playing on his lips at the offer. "That would be lovely, thank you." Louis replied to the request, following Clara through to the nursery.

Where the rest of the house was not a safe environment for children, the nursery was decorated in a completely opposite manner. The room was makeshift, that much was quite clear because it was hastily thrown together. Very few things matched, the positioning of everything was off, but it was safe. Louis might not have been an expert in this field -- it was, after all, a woman's job to bring children up in the full.

Louis could feel himself relax in that moment, but only a moment, before his eyes fell on the small child. Mimosa. Louis' eyes were caught by the large inquisitive eyes of the small child, who looked up at him with so much curiosity it brought a warm smile to his features. For only the briefest of moments, Louis looked to Clara for permission to move closer, and after her nodded consent, Louis moved to the small child's bed and looked over the side at her.

"Hello, Mimosa." Louis greeted the child softly, reaching his hand down to the small ones that had made an attempt to reach him with a soft mumbling of no coherence which he took to be a greeting from the little girl. Mimosa's small fingers wrapped around Louis' fingers and the Frenchman watched her with a soft smile as she considered each of his larger fingers in turn.

But as Louis watched, it dawned on him just how much Mimosa looked like Vanessa. Not in striking resemblances like their son, oh no, Mimosa wasn't obviously like Vanessa, but to Louis, she was definitely their granddaughter.

"Your Grandmere is here." Louis continued, unafraid of Clara's possible rebuff of those words as he continued. "We're going to make you better. Grandmere and Grandpere Clement will make sure of it." He told her ever so softly, but with a finality that could not be denied.

Mimosa's response was the attempt at a word that Louis couldn't understand in the slightest, but it didn't matter. Looking around, Louis caught sight of a small stuffed toy. A cactus -- how odd -- and reached out towards it, bringing it in front of the small child. From that moment, until Vanessa returned, Louis would spend his time talking to the small child about the Palace, about France, her Grandmere. Everything he could think of, to pass the time.

And with each moment that passed, and the captive audience that was Mimosa, Louis fell deeper in love with his granddaughter.

No one in the world was going to take that away from him, either.

Back to top Go down
Vanessa Clement
Adult
Adult
Vanessa Clement

PostSubject: Re: Carmel, April 2015 (Louis)   Carmel, April 2015 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 1:37 pm

The rooftop patio was even more abysmal up close.

The dry wind tugged at Vanessa’s hair, pulling it this way and that, trying its best to tangle the shining mahogany waves but never quite succeeding. The strands always fell back into their place when the wind wasn’t looking, only to be swept up once more. Her clothes fared much better, the ivory jacket refusing to be tugged by the persistent wind and the cashmere scarf draped elegantly over her silk blouse staying firmly in place.

Vanessa knew how out of place she looked here, nothing about this situation was fit for a Lady and yet here she was, for one reason and one reason only.

“You?” He didn’t sound as enraged as he had the last time they’d met. He sounded more surprised than anything else, like he was still trying to work out if she was real or a conjured echo of his imagination.

“You don’t have the monopoly on unexpected visits,” the brunette spoke in way of greeting, her entire frame tense.

“Why are you here? Surely not to apologize?” This time there was bitterness, bitterness that wasn’t entirely undeserved but Kit could have that. It would be the only thing he could have since the man would never get an apology. And he was about to lose something far more valuable.

“The child,” she responded simply, raising her grey eyes to his shadowed gaze. He had paled recently. Perhaps from stress, perhaps from sickness. Dark circles ringed his eyes. Were these more pleasant circumstances, she would have asked after his health from pure habit alone.

“There’s nothing to discuss. Our daughter grew up without her mother, our granddaughter can too.” His words were expected, but that didn’t lessen the blow any. This time though, Vanessa was more prepared, and nothing showed on her face.

“We have already bought out the parent venture of the medical center treating her, have replaced nearly every doctor, nurse, medical assistant and therapist assigned to her case and have flown in a team of expert pediatricians from all over the world to attend to her in Los Angeles. You could allow your stubbornness to fight us on this but we hope your concern for the child trumps any ill will you bear us.” Her delivery was smooth, her eyes cold. In that moment, she was simply delivering facts.

“I don’t need your help to look after her.”

“You shall have it regardless. And in return, we seek your cooperation as she… grows.” This time, there was even more strength in that statement, pure conviction that Mimosa would live. Louis had always believed it, and now Vanessa did too. Perhaps it was time to pass that belief on to Kit.

“You can go fuck yourself.”

“Very well, then you only have two options,” the Lady Clement continued smoothly. “We can either make this into a legal battle for full custody which will land in our favor. Or Louis can employ less legal methods, he’s known to not be very particular about the law.” The woman paused, letting the words sink in before she spoke again. “Of course, we don’t want to do either of these things because taking a child away from someone who loves her is…“ This time, the word would not dislodge from her. How could Kit know what it was like? And now, after losing Azalea, how could he not? As different as they were, as much as Vanessa worried for the child, even she couldn’t deny Kit loved her just like he’d loved their daughter. Perhaps a lot more than she would ever be able to love either?

“Until the child is old enough to decide if she wants to be a part of our lives, we suggest a truce. Louis and I will help oversee all of Mimosa’s medical needs. We will be visiting her from time to time and when she is well enough, she will be visiting us – supervised if you wish.” There, a blanket invitation to the palace should he wish to visit it with Mimosa. The photographer may not be getting an apology but he was getting the next best thing.

“And what if she grows up smart and decides she wants nothing to do with you and your kind?” The venom was still present, but Vanessa could detect something more in his voice. Something that may start to resemble defeat very soon.

“Than that is what she will have,” Lady Clement answered smoothly. Neither she nor Louis would ever keep a child against his or her wishes. If Mimosa truly despised them as she began to age and understand then that would be the gods’ justice and they would accept that. “Though I’m sure I don’t have to remind you not to influence the child’s decision in any way. No matter the strife between us, I trust you would know to keep an innocent child out of it.”

A long pause followed, in which he stared at her as if she was a mystery he could solve just by looking hard enough. Then his lips finally parted in the question she hadn’t been expecting. “Why are you doing this, Vanessa? It’s not like you care for the child.”

Of all the insults he could fling her way, perhaps this was the worst. But she had gotten this far without showing weakness, and she could go further. “Care comes in different ways, Kit. Maybe someday you’ll understand. But until then, it’s not my place to teach it to you.”

The wizard blanched as if he’d been slapped, his face contorting into an ugly sneer as he took three steps towards her, closing the distance between them. Vanessa didn’t move. She was not afraid of him, not anymore. “You have no idea how much I want to hate you right now,” he hissed through his teeth, letting out all the anger, desperation and resentment he had ever felt for her.

And also letting out all the love he still harbored for a girl that was long gone, who now stood a woman grown in front of him, negotiating a piece of his soul away from him.

“I’m sorry,” she finally conceded, bowing her head. She had promised herself she wouldn’t apologize for Azalea and she wasn’t. She wasn’t even apologizing for what she had done today. No, this particular sorry was for the hold on his heart she never wanted but still somehow had.

“My lawyers will be in touch,” he broke the moment with a curt reply, stepping away from her. “Now please leave.”

Vanessa didn’t need telling twice. Without a second glance, the witch made her way down the stairs once more, her frame weary from the intense conversation that may have lasted only a few minutes but would weigh on her conscience her whole life. Reaching the landing, she spotted Clara emerging from the kitchen, a tray of orange juice filled glasses in her hands. The box the juice came from was also resting in the tray. The sight made Vanessa feel a little ill.

“Oh hey, is he done angsting up in there? If so, he needs to eat. And your husband is in the nursery with teh kid.”

“Her name is Mimosa,” Lady Clement managed coolly, moving to a horrendous zebra print sofa and sinking down on it. The sight of a boxed beverage was truly going to make her ill.

“Excuse me?”

“The child, her name is not “kid”, it’s Mimosa, and could you please get my husband?” Clara looked at her with utter disbelief for a moment before shrugging once more, sending the juice toppling in their glasses.

“Suit yourself, bee are bee.”

Come Plot With Me <3
Back to top Go down
Louis Clement
Adult
Adult
Louis Clement

PostSubject: Re: Carmel, April 2015 (Louis)   Carmel, April 2015 (Louis) EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 1:37 pm

When Clara had left, Louis couldn't quite be sure, but she had left him alone with the small child who was much too happy in the strangers presence. Mimosa listened intently to his stories, smiling up at him, and then looking curious when Louis' features changed expression. Her small fingers stayed wrapped around Louis' the whole time, and the Frenchman knew without a doubt now that they were doing the right thing.

He hadn't known he'd been doubting the whole situation until that point, but there were a vast number of things in life that changed without your knowing, or consent.

The moment, however long it might have been, did not last long enough, though, and Clara came back and announced that Vanessa needed him. Louis nodded to show he'd heard her voice, before leaning over the side of the crib to place a soft kiss on little Mimosa's forehead. Ever so carefully, the kiss would barely have been there, but Louis had done it all the same, removing his finger from the little girl's clutches and exchanging it instead for the cactus toy that he'd found.

"We'll meet again soon, Mimosa, I promise." Louis told her, watching the momentary look of confusion before the child smiled back up at him again when Louis had done the same. Yes, Louis had known in that instant that little Mimosa was not going to be a child Vanessa or he was going to give up on. But they had a lot to do, and Vanessa's summons would not be ignored.

Departing the makeshift room, Louis emerged back in to the lounge area to find Vanessa sat waiting for him. His features took in her state, eyes finally taking in the juice, and the man contained his amusement. "We're done?" Louis asked softly, not wanting to stay a moment longer than necessary. A small nod from Vanessa, and the Lord Clement crossed to her side, holding out his hand to aid her back to her feet.

"Thank you," Louis added to Clara a moment later, genuinely meaning those two words. "For your hospitality. We won't impede on your time a moment longer. But, I believe we'll be seeing you all soon." He finished, checking once more with a quick glance that Vanessa had finished her business before leading her to the exit, getting the door, and leaving the Harrington's to their business.

The rest of the day would be spent formulating their plans, contacting their lawyers, moving the doctors in to place, and making sure that Kenneth Harrington could not move without them knowing about it.

But, most importantly, Louis relayed everything he had seen of Mimosa, her nursery, her toys, her mannerisms, her smile, and her perfection to Vanessa. Making sure that he kept leaving the soft, subtle promises of the child's well being, and that nothing was going to take her away from Vanessa.

The world, as always, would be hers and she never had to ask.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carmel, April 2015 (Louis)   Carmel, April 2015 (Louis) Empty

Back to top Go down

Carmel, April 2015 (Louis)
Page 1 of 1