Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa) Empty
PostSubject: ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa)   ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa) EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 12:04 am

A steady beam of light could be gleamed from the thickets of now red, yellow, brown,  and gold. The change of nature was imminent, and a vicious consistent cycle,from old to new, to  old again. But consistency was the result. The age of beginning, and the final winking of thoughts in the end loomed. And so it was said.  The forbidden forest was nothing short of this concept. Something the young man with his raven on his shoulder dutifully noted. A stylish pocket watch hung loosely along the inside of his  now impressive, yellow and gold blazer. The hufflepuff insignia in black With his initials going down the back in large symbolic letters. Which wavered slightly as if enchanted a bit.

These were small details that the man could afford. The dreadlocks he certainly accredited to both hard work on his part in muggle based practices, and years of slight magical adjustments were neatly pulled back into a long ponytail that vanished into the folds of his yellow jacket and in further his robes. The raven cawed humming slightly to his whistle lost in the depth of the forest. it playfully clicked its beak near his pierced left ear before nestling on the top of his head.

"at ease my friend, i know you want to sing too."

His voice significantly deeper then your average young adult had a small accent from a land beyond the Atlantic. In his right hand was the daily prophet the images of the same old story of one nation beyond its reaches, and instead of peace, war, ambitions over shot, and the remainder of human decency slowly dwindling away. Where as it was a reminder that sides were chosen, but on alister's point, it didn't matter too much. His left hand now twirled slowly the strange red, and white,but interchanging pipe in his hand before placing the tip in his mouth and inhaling through his nose, and exhaling through the pipe, to set up a small smoke bubble of red and white clouds above him.

he sucked on the tip and the sweet tingle of candy cane flavored liquide as well as a hint of chocolate met his toungh.

Ahhhh now i found a chocolate flavor. Impressive father,he should expand this, however.....  

Alister thought as he took another taste, and glanced at the pipe after taking it out of his mouth. This long lasting brand disolved over the course of 25 to approximentally 30 minutes. A lucky one with a peppermint pipe could get longer. Although his favorite were the chocolate, and jolly rancher ones. A hit to be imported, under certain regulations, and documentations.

this needs more.... based flavor. Like perhaps vanillia.

Alister stopped, his boots of thick black, and steel toed kicked a small segment of rocks at the foot of the tree, and he checked his pocket on his hip, a small pouch of "peppermint mix" labled, "V" and a few seconds later after inserting a pinch of the contents, vanilla was now mixed with chocolate and he happily puffed the pipe.

much better.

The prefect while still rulesy needed his time to chill and relax, beyond the classes, his thoughts wandering to beyond the school,another year and the future was beyond yearly common rooms, a hall for feasting, and the train ride. He was uncertain if he wanted to do the train ride still should he take upon apperation trials in the coming year, but beyond that was the desire to grip his own destiny, and forge a legacy. At least it was his hope. The yearning of an grip to breach free was gripping him as of late. His father and mother, as well as family elders called it the after effects of his initiation earlier in the year.

i wonder if it truly was all that? i still feel the pain though. But i want perhaps an easier route, to suscess? and even freedom. The more we learn of the world, the more contained our lives are due to the supposed wills and powers that may be.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa)   ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa) EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 10:47 pm

"You can't ride Centaurs." Squid Boy said, exasperated.

"No, you can't ride Centaurs. I can ride whatever I like." Mimosa replied with a confidence borne of her entire life's worth of experiences.

"I bet you can," Charles chimed in, more amused than he had a right to be.

"Watch it, Beaumont," Karan warned just as Catherine spoke up.

"Are they even real? Do they still exist?"

"I think they went extinct a few hundred years ago," Constance added helpfully, only for Squid Boy to get up and leave in a hissy fit. He really had no social skills whatsoever.

The discussions on Centaurs had started casually enough in the Slytherin common room the week before when Ji Hyun had decided to do his term long project for advanced CoMC on the half men, half horse creatures. Squid Boy hadn't been as interested as he normally was in imaginary creatures but Mimosa just assumed it was because they weren't aquatic.

Of course, never having seen a Centaur had not stopped the young witch from chiming in with her own opinion anyway, listing all the impressive horses she owned at the palace and regaling everyone with tales of what a good rider she was. Squid Boy had only entered the conversion when Mimosa had stated she could probably ride a Centaur too.

The conversation devolved into pure chaos after the Head Boy left, with the boys arguing if Centaurs even counted as horses to be ridden and the girls debating the creatures very existence. In the end, Mimosa had supplied the answer that was always correct.

"I'll ask my Jacques, he knows everything."

So that night, she had indeed asked the Frenchman during their nightly phone calls and he had promised to take her to see Centaurs the next time they were together. Mimosa had taken that to mean she was right, and could obviously ride the creatures.

Squid Boy was wrong once again, surprise surprise.

But why wait for her Jacques, the fifteen year old thought to herself on Friday morning as her peers bustled to and from various classes. Due to her eclectic and customized timetable, Mimosa had the day off and the witch decided she would spend it trying to find and ride the Centaurs. Maybe she would ride one up to the castle, that would show everyone!

Her plan solidifying with every step she took towards the Forbidden Forest (for she had heard that was where they lived), Mimosa grew more and more confident in her ideals. The brunette walked out the front door, past the sunny grounds and toward the shade of the forest canopy, tendrils of chocolate brown hair escaping her french braid as she moved with purpose. Already having shed her uniform in a bid to start the weekend early, the girl was dressed in her "outside clothes" which only made sense as she was outside.  

Shimmering white sneaker clad feet cut a tentative path through the dry brush on the ground as Mimosa half walked, half skipped with determination. Dressed in a plaid blue skirt and an off shoulder top she had purchased from her last Hogsmeade trip, the witch felt she was certainly ready to take on any obstacle she met out here.

But it wasn't an obstacle that she ran into at the edge of the forest. Quite the opposite.

"Oh, hello," Mimosa greeted the tall Hufflepuff she had seen in class now and then. The witch's attention span was nowhere near mature enough to remember things like his name or subjects but that didn't matter. Everyone knew her so logically, she didn't have to introduce herself to the male.

"Are you out here looking for Centaurs too?"  

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa)   ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa) EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 12:06 am

The forest was clear unusually today, And for better no dare devil rascals from the younger years of especially rebellious behavior of the 4th and 3rd years. then again faculty would call on the occasional prefect patrol which Allister mostly volunteered due to unlike many this was time he used to think and well reflect on his goals and visions, the hopes and dreams. He had a burden still of legacy bearing on his being.

However like the flavor of the peppermint pipe, life had plenty of aurprises, Vatu his raven companion cawed at the oncoming intruder, having of course having a bird eye. it was bound to happen. The fact was that even vatu felt the need to caw caused alister to glance up with his Arburn eyes at the figure, well tiny girl, The fitting of the slytheryn seeker, and the darling of the school. Whom while she was in a few classes, herbology,Ancient runes, or the occasional defense against the dark arts. In hindsight the praise was never worthy of her efforts.

Granted 6 years you would tell alot, but see more where there is less said. Allister would've admittably not judge, but it was only human to judge secretly. While most would flock to the scene of clout  This was brazenly bizzare for an older student. Her request to go see centars, was poised less of the audacity to do such an act out of their testy respect for the wizards, and ttheschool grounds. Something that was already bothering him as he raised his eye brow slightly.

"centars? i would not seek them, as like any creature you never know what will happen. Why are you seeking for the centars?"

Alisters deep voice boomed as his larger figure became much more apparent and he puffed from the peppermint pipe. A few question marks flowed upward as various colored smoke which added the sweet fragrance into the air. But in all this was an matter of no longer being an simple notion, Alister studied the girl carefully now, She was moreso in a simple notion of impatience, which was like the agitation of a child,he has seen it before in his fathers bakery, children eager, and excited for a moment of bliss, a mere  fleeting feel of dopamine running through the body. It was however a moment of self grstification.

"on second thought, Take a moment and really think about it."
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa)   ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa) EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 12:48 am

"centars? i would not seek them, as like any creature you never know what will happen. Why are you seeking for the centars?"

Mimosa stared at the taller boy in confusion. Much taller boy, she amended as he made his way slowly towards her. How had she not noticed that he was even taller than Squid Boy?

"I wan to ride them," she answered simply. Why else would anyone look for Centaurs? However, the boy didn't seem to be satisfied with her answer as he encouraged her to take a moment and think on it. This confused the teenage girl even more. She had never been asked to pause and consider. Normally, anything she asked for, she got.

"We were talking about it in the common room and Squid Boy said Centaurs couldn't be ridden," she answered cautiously, "But he's just rubbish with animals in general so I want to teach him." Yeah, that was about right. She had been spending years teaching the Slytherin Quidditch Captain but he left a lot to be desired still.

"So if we find a Centaur, i can ride it - don't worry, I'm excellent on horseback - then he would see that he's wrong."

Eyeing the Hufflepuff up and down again, the Head Girl's eyes sparked with an idea. "Would you like to help me? Let's do it together, that way you can tell everyone how I found and rode the Centaurs."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa)   ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa) EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 1:06 am

she desired to ride them,something that he knew off the bat with her approach would result bluntly an arrow through the frail body of hers, Even she regarded the slytheryn whom gave caution wisdom an simple wave away. The diffrence between the british realm and americans were there, but he was raised in america, out spoken, loud, and confrontational to the core values. The lack of apprent concern was she took his advice to a light tone to further add to throw him in.

Unfortunately the slythren seeker would surprisingly miss the gold,in a flash of iorny and Allister nodding not in agreement but as if to confirm something. It was obvious at the first glance as he reached into his yellow blazer pocket and handed her a peppermint pipe with instructions, and a small sad smile on his face.

"Before we go, i would like you to take a moment and try this,just stand by for a moment, and quiet your desires. i could understand that at one point you were a rider of horses, however a centar is no horse. And what happens if you anger, or offend a centar? please answer after you try this."

he approached with subtle but well mannered quickness, grace and poise, he was well an athletic induvidual as opposed to many wizards and witches, but likewise it showed his mindfulness of himself. Allister smiled softly but still a sad gleam in his eyes.

"What would you do if someone rode you like a horse unprovoked? you would not take too kindly to it i belive? Rules exist as an reminder that we bleed breath, and can die if they are broken. take it from me, the gallions do not replace life you see. so take a moment, and think on my words."

Alisters crow cawed a bit and his beady eye studied the girl as he clicked his beak, gazing the girl down and cawed again.

"what did my raven just do by the way?"
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa)   ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa) EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 1:26 am

To Mimosa's surprise, the boy didn't just come along with her as asked. Instead he reached into his pocket and pulled out... what looked like a smoking pipe. The girl stared in awe at the device, only having seen older people smoking it. Grandpere sometimes indulged in it on special occasions, and she had seen paintings of presidents and leaders with a pipe between their teeth.

If he was offering her one, did that mean she was now a grown up?

Mimosa liked the idea of that. Never having a reason to distrust anyone giving her a consumable, she took it readily from him with a soft "thank you", more interested in the shape and feel of the pipe than whatever he said alongside it.

"Uh... does it taste good?" she asked. When no reply came, the young witch slowly inserted the tip between her lips. Was she supposed to chew or blow? Confusion crossed her face for a second before her usual, confident shield replaced it. No matter wheat she did, it would be the right thing.

"It tastes like bon bons!" she exclaimed, thrilled at the first taste. Mimosa has never tried her favorite treat in this form before. "That's so cool, no wonder all the grown ups like it."

When he asked how she would feel if someone tried to ride her, the brunette shook her head, swinging her neatly tied braid over her shoulder. "I'm not a horse though. And Centaurs are half horses, and I'm only going to ride their horse side, not the human side." To her, this made perfect sense.

As for offending the creatures, Mimosa was certain she could never do that. She never offended anyone and the Centaurs would probably love meeting her. Everybody did so why would they be an exception?

"Well, we can't know until we find some and ask them," she insisted, taking a step further into the forest. "We find them, ask them nicely and they will be happy to let me ride them.

"what did my raven just do by the way?"

Mimosa thought for a moment before responding. "It said it would like to see the Centaurs too." she concluded with a grin before leading the way into more dense areas of the forest.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa)   ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa) EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 1:58 am

with each answer he was certain, the girl never had a taste of what mortality meant, yet along disrespected the delicate boundary between conscious thought and wisdom, it was as if the rules did not apply, the conciquences did not apply, a dementor could kiss her and it wouldnt faze her. And while it was nothing short of bizzar, he saw it. the breaking of her facade of confidence held by the veil of an assumed controlled life. perhaps if the centars were to show her the limits of her mortality through the controlled rage, but further he did not need to say, yes or no, but merely observe.

Her responses were childish, but the bon bon response rewarded her with a grim smile, she couldn't read the room, but further knew it was an messy catch 22. He prolly had to quell the centars if worst came to worse, but as a prefect and knowing the teachers would avoid the fiasco, he merely smiled shifting his tone and strategy now.

"i go by Invoker Allister. What about you? the seeker of slytheryn?"

The point being was that fools were to be watched and let pain be a lesson to them in the hardest fashion. It was not without it's merits. if this did not sing doom Allister did not know what would.

with a mind like that death befalls them.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa)   ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa) EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 2:50 am

Thankfully he seemed to understand and did not tell her to be careful anymore. In fact, he started following her further into the forest, something Mimosa took to mean he was now fully on board with her plan.

Well, of course he was. Mimosa always made the best plans after all.

"i go by Invoker Allister. What about you? the seeker of slytheryn?"

"Okay Invoker Alister," the girl replied with a soft smile, lighting up her features momentarily as a spare ray of sunshine hit her dark brown eyes. She liked his name, it somehow made the sun feel closer.

It made things feel warmer.

"I'm Mimosa of course," she answered as they walked further down the narrowing trail. The Head Girl felt no need to add "Harrington-Clement" to the introduction. After all, everyone already knew that.

"I think I've seen you in DADA. Though we haven't dueled. I would remember defeating you," she added casually as they reached the end of the trail. From here on, there was no sense of direction to guide them.

"Hmm... If I was a Centaur trying to meet me, where would I be?" she asked, looking around the forest to decide which route to take now. "What do you think, Alister?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa)   ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa) EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 3:20 am

Ahhh minosa was her mame, granted he blocked out mosr of it, as it was efforts of hard work being bought off by the gallon, and silvers. An frustrating nature of the kind. Which for one who worked hard even in summer to maintain body, health, and a good work ethic. The lack of ethics mystified him.

"Minosa,the reality is in dueling it is more what and how you do things, then the victory. like riding a horse. The duel is like a horse, and there are wild unpredictable horses, and duels. Outside of hogwarts, the duel is not controlled."

Allister would point out not with a drop of venom, but concern, the wrong people ticked will once more spell as fast a death, as angry centars, Which alister carefully rubbed bits of peppermint liquid on select trees. someone needed to secure a way home. Although he was sure of it, if worse comes teachers and scolding were in order.

his gaze shifted towards beyond the treeline and he spoke up.

" they would be very far from here for sure its dangerous, if we get lost, but which way is home? thats our first queston"

he leared his throat and pointed to any direction. and was curious what was minosa's grand way home, alone? the street wise guy had to learn among muggles to think on his feet, as opposed to merely leaving things blindly to chance at times.

"if suddenly you were ambushed here, where is your route home?"
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa)   ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa) EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 7:18 am

As they ventured further into the forest, it grew darker. The thicket of trees grew much closer in these neck of the woods and the grass ran wilder, clumping around their feet and tickling Mimosa's exposed legs. Had she been used to doubting herself, the Slytherin would have taught wearing a mini skirt into the Forbidden Forest not the wisest idea. As it was, Mimosa remained blissfully ignorant of the dangers her attire might pose.

Fortunately, no creature came to close, not after a few critters tried and were unnoticeably burned to cinders, falling dead behind her as she walked deeper into the forest.

" they would be very far from here for sure its dangerous, if we get lost, but which way is home? thats our first queston"

"We won't get lost," Mimosa assured the boy. What a silly thing to say. But then it occurred to the witch that Alister might be scared. The forest didn't frighten her but not everyone was as brave as she was. "But if you're afraid, you can hold my hand," she offered, extending a fragile arm his way. "Just don't tug too hard or it might hurt," she warned, taking his hand if he would be so inclined.

Alister didn't drop that line though, he still wanted to know how they would get home from their adventure. Mimosa thought on that a moment before she tuned to him again, her pale, heart shaped face lighting up once more with inspiration.

"We can ride the Centaurs back, I'm sure they won't mind giving us a lift."

The two continued walking, progressing slowly as the brush was too thick now, denoting the space definitely belonged more to creatures then wizard. If there was anything dangerous around, Mimosa didn't spot it, walking steadily in almost knee deep grass at this point.

After what felt like an hour of hiking uphill, the young witch finally stopped. She was feeling tired, her legs were starting to hurt. But she also didn't want to go back.

"Do you think they're close?" she asked Alister, looking all around her. the grass beneath them was too long and overgrown to make out tracks on the ground and the chirping of birds had dulled a ling time ago. In fact, now Mimosa felt a slight chill in the air, hugging herself slightly as she felt the breeze on her neck and shoulders.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa)   ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa) Empty

Back to top Go down

ceaseless change. (Alister, minosa)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next