Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

Birthday : 1993-08-13
Job/hobbies : Deputy Headmistress at Hogwarts

To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  Empty
PostSubject: To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)    To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 8:18 pm

"So Liam, Yensung, Arjun, what do you all have to say for yourself?"

An uncomfortable silence lingered as the three boys looked at each other shiftily. The two first years looked particularly uncomfortable but the ringleader, Arjun, had clearly done this before.

"Professor... We didn't know Newbury would so... slippery."

Ivan, standing to one side with a wet shirt and sopping face, was slowly turning red in embarrassment.

"Yeah," Liam piped up. "We were just talking to him... About class, on a count of he's such a ner-" the boy stopped thanks to an elbow in the ribs by Arjun.

"He fell in the toilet on his own, Professor," Arjun continued. "Tell her, Newbury."

Ivan remained silent, looking at the floor where a puddle was slowly forming.

"And you didn't see fit to help him?" the deputy headmistress asked, looking the three offenders over with a stern gaze.

"I mean, it was pretty fun- sod off Arjun!"

"What Liam meant, Professor Harrington, is that we were just about to. But then the Friar showed up. And then you arrived. And Ivan got the help he needed.  So... we're just glad we could do our part."

"Indeed," Azalea's eyes narrowed further. "The school thanks you for your service. Two weeks detention with Professor Hughes. I hear he needs help cleaning a particularly dusty and moldy area of the library."

"Oh man," Yensung spoke for the first time. "You guys suck," the latter was directed to his peers.

"And twenty five points each from Gryffindor and Ravenclaw."

"That's fifty points from us!" Liam protested, glaring at her.

"Don't get caught bullying next time then," Azalea warned, dismissing the three. The bullies disappeared quickly before more punishment could rain down on them. The deputy headmistress now turned her attention to Ivan.

"You alright kiddo?" she asked softly, walking towards the dripping first year. Reaching for her wand, she performed one of the only spells she was perfectly proficient in, drying his clothes with a single wave.

"Yeah," Ivan mumbled, not meeting her eyes. Azalea imagined few things must be as embarrassing as being found with your head in the toilet by your mom.

"You know you have nothing to be embarrassed about, right sweetie?"

"I said it's okay mom," Ivan spoke sullenly, still not looking at her. Azalea understood.

"Okay, you can return to your common room. But if someone tries something like this again, you have to tell me."

Ivan didn't respond at first, still looking at the floor. It was only as she was walking away that he spoke, his voice so quiet, Azalea would have missed it if she wasn't so attuned to him.

"Will you tell Dad..."

"Not if you don't want me to," she answered, not turning around. Poor Ivan had been humiliated enough for one day.

It had been two weeks since the visit from Jacques Clement and the Frenchman had been true to his word. The very next day, two discrete operatives in the palace's employ had been stationed around the Newburies' home and the potion sample Jacques had collected had been sent off for a full lab analysis. Unsurprisingly, the results came back clear. Her sleeping concoction had not been tampered with.

Still, the young Auror had insisted that she no longer receive her potion by owl mail but that it would be delivered to her from someone within the palace for added security. Azalea had insisted there was no need for so much trouble but Jacques had simply waved away her objections, claiming it was no trouble. She had then heard Kiranjeet on the other side of the phone and Jacques had muttered a quick goodbye and hung up.

They had only spoken via call or text in the last two weeks and not about anything personal, yet Azalea couldn't help but feel as if the French heir's relationship with his girlfriend had only strained further. The American witch could only hope they would resolve their issues sooner rather than later.

After Jacques' initial visit, Azalea had tried to spend as many nights at home as she possibly could, even if it meant returning to Surrey for only a few hours. Next to Jake, she could fall asleep naturally and stay asleep instead of feeling as if something cruel had invaded her subconscious. She had told Jacques as much which had given the man an idea, one he wasn't ready to share at the time but one he believed he had some intel on now.

Which was why, after her work day had concluded, Azalea was waiting in the entrance hall for the French Officer. Jacques had suggested they have dinner together and when she had offered to drive up to the venue to meet him, he would not hear of it. Instead, the Clement heir had said he would pick her up.

Not having much time to get ready, the brunette had simply slipped out of her work dress and heels into one that would be more fitted for dinner, leaving her hair in waves and applying only a thin sheen of lip gloss. Her special brand of presume however had been spritzed meticulously before she descended the grand staircase and headed towards the entrance hall where the two had planned to meet.  

Last edited by Azalea Murray on Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

PostSubject: Re: To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)    To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 11:42 am

"Where have you been all evening?"

"I went to see Azalea, you know this." Jacques replied calmly to his more than annoyed girlfriend.

"Why?"

"Because she had had a nightmare."

Kiranjeet scoffed.

"So you just take off in the middle of the night, on your first night back with your girlfriend in six weeks, for another woman, because she's having a nightmare?"

"When you put it like that-"

"Well, that's exactly what you just said!"

Jacques took a moment, letting Kiranjeet think before he spoke again. "Azalea has to take a dreamless sleep potion. She struggles with sleeping naturally." He explained, knowing that Kiranjeet wasn't going to listen to whatever he said, but trying regardless. "So, when she takes that potion, she shouldn't get nightmares. You know what happened over the summer with Mimosa, and how Azalea had been trapped by Lord Murray. She saw him in the dream, and she got spooked that he may be around. I couldn't leave her on her own for the rest of the evening, she was beside herself."

"Doesn't she have a boyfriend she could call for that?"

"Of course, but Jake's looking after their daughter on his own at the moment, she didn't want to wake him in the middle of the night for what she thought was... well, silly. Not that it is."

"Of course it is, she's a grown woman calling someone for a nightmare!"

"Kiranjeet, don't."

"WHY are you defending her?"

Jacques couldn't answer that. Not honestly, anyway. There were just some things that Kiranjeet could never know, and it cost them dearly.

"I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you-"

"That's still not the point, Jacques! Why can't you understand that?" Kiranjeet fired back to him, and the French heir went quiet. "It's not normal, to run out on your girlfriend, mid-sex to go to another woman. Why can't you see that?!"

"I do see that, but she needed help..."

Kiranjeet glared at him, making the young man cow under her gaze.

"What would you like me to do?"

"I don't want you to see her."

"That'll be difficult, I've offered to help her."

"Well, then you have a choice to make. Her, or me."

Jacques had spent the next two weeks doing exactly what he'd never wanted to do with any relationship. Lie. The boy had been left no option but to speak to Azalea in public. Erasing his phone history after each call or text to avoid being found out by Kiranjeet. He knew without any doubt that what he was doing was wrong, but being asked to choose between the woman he loved and his sister was an impossible one that no Clement would ever make.

Family always came first, and it just proved that Kiranjeet did not understand him at all.

And yet, he was still trying to make it work.

He'd gotten away from his work and Kiranjeet that evening with the notion he was going to pick Mimosa up and spend the weekend with her. Another lie that the man hadn't wanted to tell, but it was the only way he was going to see Azalea without another argument. The Maserati pulled up to the castle gates just before the time they'd agreed, and Jacques had stepped out of the blue vehicle to wait for Azalea to arrive. He'd opted for a casual-ish look for the evening, but as Azalea exited the grounds, he pulled his wand from his pocket, pointing it to his top button. In only a few seconds the button was done up, and a tie finished the outfit to make him at least okay beside Azalea's outfit.

"Good evening, Azalea." Jacques greeted with a warm smile, moving towards the witch and pulling her in to his arms in a warm hug. "You look beautiful. I'm going to have to change our restaurant." He joked gently. The choice of venue would still work, they would be a tad overdressed, but he didn't care.

"How're you doing?" The Frenchman would asked, helping her to the car -- a woman in heels was always happier when they had an arm to hold on to -- and getting the door for her. "No bad dreams, still?" He added, almost too hopefully, but the last two weeks had been some progress, and he wanted to keep it that way.

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)    To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 7:09 am

Checking her watch, the brunette began her walk to the castle gate, only to find Jacques had arrived earlier than expected. The witch noted that information and tucked it away for later. Punctuality had always been one of the Clement heir's many admirable virtues.

"Good evening, Azalea."

"Hi you," she greeted him in return, an all too genuine smile lighting up her features. the witch gladly accepted the hug, not realizing she had missed him until they met again. At his comment of her being dressed too nice for where he as planning to take her, the American witch merely laughed. "I don't care if we go to the nearest McDonald's drive through and eat in the car," she confessed, the familiar sparkles apparent in her eyes. "Besides, it would be hilarious to watch you navigate a Big Mac," she added, clearly remembering their memorable trip to the states two years ago and how he had managed to keep up with Jackson in terms of food consumption.

She took his preferred arm politely as he guided her to the passenger seat of the car, pondering on his question as he asked her how things had been. She didn't quite want to tell him about Ivan's earlier episode, mostly because she knew the boy would be embarrassed if he knew more people found out. So instead she chose to focus on the last part of his question.

"No, thankfully. But then again," I've been trying to spend most nights at home with Jake and Adrienne," she admitted as Jacques settled beside her and started the car. "I sleep without my potion there so it... I don't know, maybe it's just a psychological thing and I'm making too big a deal?" she ginned uncertainty. It was easy to dismiss her night time terrors as nothing but residual anxiety laced episodes when she hand't experienced them in a fortnight.

"But how about yourself? Have you been in the UK these last two weeks or did you head back to France in between?" She knew he was here some of the days at least because of their texts, but for how long still remained a mystery. "And Kiranjeet?" she added softly, more to be polite than anything else. "She must be enjoying having you around."

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)    To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 1:08 pm

"I don't care if we go to the nearest McDonald's drive through and eat in the car,"

Jacques couldn't help the smile that filled his features in that moment. The idea of heading to a McDonald's with Azalea was one that he would consider, for their next meeting. But for tonight, he'd planned on something a little fancier than a McDonalds, because they had a lot to go over. "You're just keen for me to make a mess of myself. I'm not sure who's worse for that, you, or Mimosa." The man laughed as he let the witch go. It was quite true, Mimosa liked to eat food from almost anywhere, and her mother was much the same when they'd been in the States together.

As they got in to the car together, Jacques glanced across to ensure Azalea had pulled her safety belt around her before he pulled away from the school, listening as she explained that she had been home with Jake a lot since their last meeting. "I'm glad. The idea of you being on your own with all this going on..." I don't like it. The unspoken words would be clear enough, but Jacques didn't want to overcompensate with words and make an uncomfortable situation arise.

"And, I don't think it's a psychological thing." Jacques added, trying to reassure the witch. But until they were seated at the restaurant, he wasn't going to explain any further as they hit the portal just outside of Hogsmeade that would transfer them just outside of London in a matter of seconds.

"I've been toing and froing." Jacques explained simply in respect of the question Azalea had posed. "But I haven't been back to the Palace since we last saw one another. I've been trying to spend more time with Kiranjeet where I can, but my work with the French Army has been keeping me quite busy. Maman and Papa have left me to work through my new role at my own pace, and... well, I've been enjoying it. I feel... like I have a little bit of a purpose now."

The admittance had been spoken as if it was nothing, but for a time, Jacques had wondered what he would do once finishing University. With his parents very much still running the Clement affairs, his need to be around the Palace was lesser than it would be in future. There were, of course, functions he was expected to attend, and that he did attend, but for now, Jacques was not needed at the Palace every day.

The idea of Kiranjeet enjoying having him around was one Jacques didn't comment on.

The tense atmosphere that the flat in Wales permeated when he arrived was one that he doubted Kiranjeet enjoyed, but he was trying to make things work.

"The army are talking to the air force at the moment though, to see if, perhaps, I might be able to go up in one of the planes." Jacques added, distracting Azalea from the topic of Kiranjeet as he navigated through the traffic of London, and towards Mayfair. Another ten minutes, and the car pulled up at the front of the restaurant. "I hope you don't mind my choice, but this restaurant comes with good recommendations.

Turning the engine off, Jacques excited the car, moving around to the other side to help Azalea out of the vehicle with a proffered hand.

Neither would have noticed the person who'd pulled up behind them on a moped, camera in hand, snapping far too many shots of the Clement heir with the Assistant Headmistress of Hogwarts. The smiles on both their features much too familiar, as they moved in to the Italian restaurant for dinner arm in arm.

They were seated in a somewhat secluded corner of the restaurant -- Jacques had requested as much when he'd booked their table -- and once they were seated, and a glass of wine sat before each of them, Jacques had turned his attention fully to Azalea.

"So, down to business." He explained, not wanting to hold off the information from Azalea longer than was necessary because he knew all too well how stressed this situation had made her. "We have run the potion that you had taken two weeks ago through stringent tests, once, twice, thrice. The potion came back clear."

This news was probably not going to be a surprise to Azalea.

"As you've mentioned, you've been with Jake as much as possible in the last two weeks, and therefore you haven't used the potion at all to sleep." Jacques continued, pausing only for a sign of confirmation that this was correct. "With no nightmares?" He added, to which Azalea once again confirmed his assumptions.

"So, this means that whatever Joshua is doing, it is only possible when you're in a dreamless state of sleep." He continued, knowing that Azalea herself could have come to such a conclusion. "This leads me to a curious point that the staff came up with. I don't know how well versed you are in the art of Legillimency?"

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)    To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:41 am

"Like mother, like daughter," Azaleas grinned back at his comparison of the two when it came to feeding him less than the types of cuisines he was used to. It felt unbelievable good to draw such a comparison in front of him, to not have to hide her relationship to her daughter. While she spoke of Mimosa with Jake, the two always used cautious tones, as if both understanding that they were discussing someone they had no authority over. It was different with Jacques, he had granted her the role of Mimosa's mother so effortlessly, it was hard to believe sometimes. And something she would always be grateful for to the french heir.

As they began to drive (Jacques first checking to see her seat belt was in place), conversation flowed easily. His worry about her being alone , despite her ensuring Jacques that she had a whole school for her protection to his confession of finally having a goal lead them through the streets of Scotland and then the transition to London. His command on most vehicles was exemplary, Azalea geeing not even the slightest bump as the Maserati glided through the darkened streets of the city.

The only time a slight inorganic pause permeated their conversation as when she brought up Kiranjeet. Normally not shy about praising his girlfriend or bringing her up in conversation, Jacques chose not to comment on the Harpies' Seeker and Azalea understood that to mean things were not well. Not that she would ever pry. The Deputy Headmistress let it slide and they spoke of other things until he pulled into the spacious parking alloyed to their car at the restaurant.

"As long as they have a salad option, I'm good," she reassured the man with a laugh. "I'm also starving so get ready to see some very unladylike manners," she added just to make him smile. They were shown into a semi private corner of the establishment and served glasses of wine immediately, something Azalea could appreciate. "It's actually strange, for having lived in the UK these past few years, i have never actually explored London much. I was just always busy with something or other. It's a shame though, I think i recall being adventurous when I was younger."

Looking at the menu, Azalea ordered a simple Culatello di Zibello for a starter followed by a helping of the dover sole with steamed seasonal vegetables. She left Jacques to choose the wine, trusting him to pick a pairing that would be appropriate.

It was only when the waiter had left that the young Auror leaned in close and explained that the potion he had taken for testing had came out clean. Azalea had expected that much, but if the potion was clean, then it really was a psychological thing...

But Jacques was not done yet.

"This leads me to a curious point that the staff came up with. I don't know how well versed you are in the art of Legillimency?"

"Not very much, I must confess," she admitted honestly. "I remember Jake telling me a little about it from one of his work assignments. I think it's something about blocking your mind from external forces?" the brunette tried, unsure if she had even remembered correctly. She knew it was one of those wandless arts but conventional magic had never been her forte.

"Oh and I heard a rumor some time ago that the Lord Clement is among the far most proficient in these arts, though of course I have no idea if that is just a baseless claim or if there is any truth to it. I remember Joshua telling me that few people have mastered the mind arts like His Lordship."

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)    To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 11:37 am

"I'm also starving so get ready to see some very unladylike manners,"

"I highly doubt that," Jacques replied, but the smile of amusement played on his lips at the idea of Azalea eating in an unladylike fashion in front of him. Quite honestly, Azalea had never done so, even when they'd been in America around her friends, but the sentiment was one of amusement.

"You should definitely explore London more. It has a wealth of different restaurants." Jacques explained, as they entered in to the restaurant. "Though, if you ever want French cuisine, go to France." He added with a small laugh, showing he didn't really mean that. Most people knew that if you wanted authentic food it was best to get it from the country it originated in, and Jacques was very much of the opinion French food tasted it's best in France. "You've got all the time in the world to explore, too."

As they ordered, Jacques taking note of the fact Azalea had picked a very vegetable based dinner whilst he went for the hokkaido scallops carpaccio and the lamb saddle, Jacques took a moment to ready himself for the serious talk. Obviously he didn't wish to bring bad news to their meeting, but with Joshua Murray still looming over them, it was a difficult situation to comment on.

Azalea's admittance that she wasn't sure what Legilimency was one he wasn't surprised of. It wasn't on the main syllabus, and even if it was, few people mastered it anyway without intense training. Azalea's attempt on an answer was close, however, not quite. "What you just explained was the defence again Legilimency." Jacques explained. "That is called Occlumency."

"Legilimency is the art of navigating in to someone's mind and being able to accurately read and interpret the thoughts of the people's mind you've entered." Jacques explained, knowing this was a simple summation, but it was all that they needed in that moment. "You'll note that I said be able to read and interpret minds."

The Frenchman paused because this was the part of the explanation that started to draw on possibilities.

But also because their starter has arrived and he didn't want to be overheard.

Once the waiter had disappeared, Jacques returned to the conversation.

"What I'm trying to work out is whether Joshua is able to not only read and interpret your mind, but also... for want of a better word, plays within it too. The potion that you take, that puts you in to a dreamless sleep is obviously affecting your mental state and thus, perhaps makes you more vulnerable to Joshua's antics. This is hypothetical, by the way, I don't know everything about this art." Jacques admitted. "But, the Palace have tracked someone down who may be able to help us.

"The only problem is... he lives on a remote island in the Asia-Pacific area."

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)    To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 2:14 pm

The witch listened carefully as her companion explained the difference between Occlumency and Leglimency. Never having dabbled in such arts, this was mostly new information to her. The idea of someone trying to read another individual's mind was frightening enough as it was, butt the idea that there was a defense against it implied that the probing art had been mastered to the point where a defense had also been developed. She tried to wrap her head around it, her food almost forgotten. Involuntarily, the brunette shuddered.

"I can't even... the invasion of privacy that would evoke."

But Jacques had more to explain, and the man waited as their servers disappeared to continue. The theory that her state of subconscious was altered somehow by the potion sounded logical enough. She had always known that herself, which was where her reluctance to tale the potion as normally as she should stemmed from. To this day, the witch had to ensure she was in a locked room with protective wards around her before taking her potion because she would not wake up naturally should something awful happen until the potion wore off.

Joshua Murray knew this.

And he was not above taking advantage of such an opportunity.

"But, the Palace have tracked someone down who may be able to help us.The only problem is... he lives on a remote island in the Asia-Pacific area."

The Deputy Headmistress looked up at Jacques. "So... can't be he requested to meet us... Or can we not go meet him? If there is truth to this hypothesis, then maybe..." Maybe what, she could find a way to finally free herself of Joshua, a prospect that was looking more unlikely with every passing minute. "Would he even agree to see us," she worried, putting down her silverware, all pretense of eating vanished form her body language.

"And by us, I mean myself of course," she clarified, her dark brown eyes lowered in apology. "I don't want to drag you or the Clements into all this. I'm sure I can find my way to him if I have an address."

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)    To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 2:33 pm

Jacques was all too aware of the way Azalea had stopped eating. He knew it would be difficult for the witch to take in the explanation he was providing without feeling sickened. The Frenchman had just shown that he believed her privacy was being invaded, and that wasn't going to be something that sat comfortably with anyone.

But, he also knew that Azalea wanted to stop this, so they had to continue.

As proven by her questions, which brought a soft smile to Jacques' lips. "Like many men, and women, who have achieved great things, this man has decided upon a live of... solidarity. He's taken to an island in the Asia-Pacific, and hasn't left it for many years. Whilst we have the power to simply take him from his home, I didn't think you'd be too happy with me for taking such liberties." Jacques explained, knowing full well that Azalea wouldn't have thanked him for doing anything to put someone out to help her.

"So... I've taken the liberty of taking you to, and from the island, this weekend." Jacques explained. "I spoke to Jake, directly, I hope you don't mind. He knows you won't be home this weekend, and he packed you a bag which is in the car. After this, we have a flight to catch."

Jacques took a mouthful of his food, chewing and swallowing in thought.

"I'll be honest... I don't know what we're going to face when we get there, so I advise you be on alert. But, we should be fine."

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)    To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 2:59 pm

The information he provided was coming fast, not giving her any time to mull it over in her head. Had she not trusted the Frenchman and his instincts completely, she would have certainly had more questions. But she did trust him, and he did conclude correctly that she would never agree to inconvenience someone else on her behalf knowingly.

He also ignored her insistence of being able to do this alone. As always, Jacques Clement was too much of a gentleman to let her walk into an uncertain situation without being by her side. And for that, the brunette suspected she had his parents to thank. Such modest chivalry barely existed naturally in people.

"This weekend?" she settled for asking instead, eyebrows raised tot eh young Auror. "As in, tomorrow?" Seeing as they were enjoying their dinner on a Friday night, and he planned to travel on a Saturday, that did not give her enough time to pack.

But the Clement heir provided a solution there too, saying he had been in touch with Jake to sort the matter out. Why Jake handn't told her was a mystery to the witch, though she had neither checked her phone nor emails throughout the day so maybe he had and she had just missed it?

The fact that a bag was waiting for her in the car left Azalea both concerned and touched. Concern over whether Jake would be able dandle their handful of a daughter on his own over the next few days and touched because... Jake had, as always, prioritized her needs over his. "So when you say we have a flight to catch after this, how much "after" do you mean?" she asked, trying to lighten the mood slightly as her stomach found itself turning into knots. Ignoring her food, the woman reached for her wine, taking a tentative sip to steady her nerves.

"And is this... person on the island, is he expecting us or will we be surprising him?" She added, fiddling with a corner of the napkin placed on her lap. "If you've spoken to Jake than you must have told Kiranjeet we were going away for the weekend too right?" This conclusion was a mere afterthought, not really a question. Of course his girlfriend would know as well.

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)    To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 3:40 pm

"I only saw Jake briefly this afternoon, before heading here." Jacques provided, noting Azalea's concern. He couldn't tell exactly what it meant, the look on Azalea's features, but he noted the uncomfortable nature she portrayed in that moment. "And, I haven't looked in the bag." He added, unnecessarily in case that was the problem. Though, he doubted it would be the latter.

"And, I'm hoping to have you back by lunch time on Sunday. So that you don't miss your whole weekend with Jake and Adrienne." Jacques added, trying to dispel any worry. Of course, it would have been better to give Azalea a little more heads up on the plan, but Jacques didn't trust Joshua Murray not to realise what they were doing, and therefore they didn't have the time to waste by delaying for the next weekend.

"If I've overstepped..." Jacques managed, trying not to second guess the decision, but also not wanting to make Azalea's decisions on her behalf. If she chose not to go any further today, he would entirely understand.

The question of how long they had made Jacques look down at his watch on his wrist. "About... an hour and a half before we take off. So... best get through your food, we have to get to the runway fifteen minutes before." Jacques explained. "Jake packed your passport, but, you won't need it." He added with a small, fond smile upon his lips.

"Well, he knows our people have been trying to get to him. He's not openly spoken to them... so, I imagine he'll be expecting something, but not specifically us." Jacques replied to the question, giving a sheepish smile. "So, he might be a little hostile towards us, but I think we can talk him around."

The comment of Kiranjeet made the young man look back at Azalea a little uncertainly. It was enough that he was lying to one person in his life, it was another matter entirely to lie to the witch before him. The idea of causing Azalea distress didn't sit well with him though, either. "She knows I'm busy this weekend, yes." Jacques compromised, knowing that whilst it was still a lie, but it was only a lie by omission of the full facts.

Jacques' attention returned to his food, consuming the last few bites of his starter before gently resting his cutlery back upon his plate.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)    To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)  Empty

Back to top Go down

To heal the wounds, from lovers past (JacZalea)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next