Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Today at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 6:38 pm

Naomi glanced up, surprised that Jacques was showing so much confidence in her. After all, they barely knew each other, yet here he was, offering her support. It made her feel a little bit better about the fact that he knew about her Seeing. Her lips twitched up in a tiny smile. "Thanks," she told him quietly.

As Jacques sat even taller, Naomi shrunk further in on herself. Not only a Clement, but the Clement heir! If she could get another coherent word out now, she'd be surprised at herself. How in Merlin's name was she supposed to talk to him? "Oh, um, that's nice." She cringed inwardly as she began to stumble over her words. They had been talking fairly easily, but that was sure to change now. "How-How do you like Scotland? Compared to France I mean?" At least she wasn't making a complete fool of herself. Yet.

Nodding, Naomi ran her fingers over the spines of her books absentmindedly. "I'm hoping I'll be able to concentrate and get longer flashes, which would be easier to interpret. Or at least practice getting as much information out of them as possible." This, at least, was something she was comfortable talking about. Even though it was her Seeing, Naomi was always more confident when she spoke about learning or education or experimentation. Her Ravenclaw coming out, she supposed.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 2:29 pm

Jacques didn't understand the need for a thank you, he thought his statement had been pretty obvious if truth be told. But, he remained quiet in that moment, not wanting to bring attention to the point it hadn't been a compliment, or something similar.

The question on Scotland was one that threw Jacques for a moment. That, and the fact the witch seemingly lost all confidence. Of course, Jacques understood that power was, and should be, intimidating, but he hadn't used it in such a manner. Though, truth be told, he didn't want the witch to think he didn't know how to use his power. Maybe he should leave her like that... "Scotland isn't that great, to be honest." Jacques told her before giving a small shrug. "I prefer France, but I didn't want to go to Beauxbatons." He explained, though he didn't give a reason why.

Naomi's confidence came back with the information on the Seeing. How correct her statements were, Jacques wasn't sure, but he nodded in response. "Sounds like a good idea." He replied noncommittally. There wasn't much else to say, after all.

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) - Page 2 Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 2:39 am

Naomi shifted where she sat as Jacques told her what he thought of Scotland. "Oh. I-I've never been to France, but Scotland is close enough to Ireland to feel like home." She wondered why he didn't go to Beauxbatons, but beyond her inability to ask him something so personal, it was rude to pry. "What do you miss about France then?" she asked instead, hoping that didn't seem too personal either. Suddenly worried, Naomi hurried to say, "I mean, you don't have to answer that if you don't want to, I was just wondering."

Nodding, Naomi allowed a small smile to pass over her face. "Thanks." I just hope it works, she added mentally. She was really flying blind when it came to Seeing, no pun intended, and everything she did was pure guesswork. Fidgeting again as they descended into silence, Naomi played with the hem of her robes, unsure what to say.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 8:59 pm

The question about what he missed about France made Jacques raise an eyebrow. The question was personal, but what irked him more was the fact she was getting so... flustered. Which took the Slytherin's attention more than answering her question. "Why do you do that?" Jacques asked, motioning to her in general. "You ask something, and then double back. If you don't mean what you say, why say it?" He asked, a little stronger than he had really meant it. He was curious, and a little confused in her mannerisms.

So, he would find out.

It started again as the silence filled the room. Silence didn't bother Jacques, and it never had. But, Naomi was fidgeting. Which wasn't proper, not in his mind anyway. "Do you always fidget?" He asked, watching her hands. Fidgeting wasn't allowed in his home, and thus it made him uncertain of the company he was keeping. "Because you know that meditating and Seeing will mean that the more you do that the less focused you can become."

Or, at least he was quite sure it was something like that. Maybe.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 4:16 pm

Naomi ducked her head back down, staring at her lap. How do I tell someone that other people's confidence makes me even less confident than I already was? "Because- because I don't want to be rude, or offend you or anything." Because I get nervous and blurt out things before thinking, then babble to try to fix it, she added mentally, though there was no way she was going to say that out loud.

As soon as Jacques pointed out Naomi's fidgeting, she dropped the hem of her robes and sat on her hands. "Yes, I fidget a lot," she admitted. "It's a habit." She cocked her head to the side, thinking about Seeing once more. "I- I don't think I really do it while meditating. Or if I do, I don't notice. I only do it when I-" When I'm nervous. "-not focussing on something."
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 7:25 pm

The comment on offending him made Jacques laugh a little too openly in that moment. Shaking his head at the thought, Jacques simply looked back to Naomi, thinking that she truly was an odd creature. "You know, to offend me, you'd have to really know me to know what got under my skin. And seeing as you don't know me, you couldn't possibly offend me." He told her matter-of-factly.

"Relax. I'll offend you before you offend me." Jacques told her, because he knew he would undoubtedly do it at some point. Not that he would be in the slightest bit remorseful for doing so.

"You're stuttering like that other Ravenclaw boy... Freddie... or something. You Ravenclaws are quite something." Jacques told the witch, amusement playing on his lips. It wasn't the nice kind of amusement though, he found the stuttering to be a weakness, but as of yet, Jacques had left it alone. "He's your friend though, right. I wonder why he stutters..." Jacques paused, leaving a gap for an answer if Naomi knew, but he didn't hold his breath, usually the reasoning for stuttering was a touchy subject. He didn't comment on the concentration topic, people who fidgeted weren't keeping their mind active enough, and Jacques knew that telling Naomi she was lazy wasn't going to end well, so he filtered.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)   Visions of Sugar Plums (Open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Visions of Sugar Plums (Open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2