Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Sweet surprise (Josh) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Sweet surprise (Josh) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Sweet surprise (Josh) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Sweet surprise (Josh) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Sweet surprise (Josh) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Sweet surprise (Josh)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Sweet surprise (Josh) Empty
PostSubject: Sweet surprise (Josh)   Sweet surprise (Josh) EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 6:09 pm

Lost in her thoughts as the post witch was putting her order on the counter, Louise grey was reflecting on the last year and a half. It had been strangely quiet. Last year had been so quiet compared to previous years, she'd recently gotten used to doing everything one handed or with the assistance of her wand. She'd become more focused on her hobby than her school work, not that she let it suffer too much, she gave her all in the lessons she attended, and anything she thought beneficial to her goals.

Her small business had turned out a fantastic form of income, especially around Christmas, valentines and Easter. Of course with so many students and teachers she catered for birthdays too, and quidditch celebrations. She grinned, making the post witch give her a strange look before tutting and putting yet another box on the counter and totting up the price for having them delivered here.

The post witch was used to seeing her here on the odd weekend, since Louise began making sweets and cakes herself at the school, using the kitchens during breaks and weekends any chance she got really. She loved what she did, it made her feel happy to be doing something, and even if it wasn't as big or as important as a lot of jobs it felt right for her. Besides, when she had more galleons than she could imagine she'd make a few batches of whatever she had left and sent them to ST Mungo's. Checking she had allergy free options and special sweetened treats for patients with dietary needs. She even sent a Christmas hamper to the healer's over Christmas. Now that made her feel like she was making a little difference.

Snapping out of her thoughts Louise handed over a couple of galleons and went to cast a levitation charm on the boxes of ingredients when she felt something in her chest tug. Strange, she'd not felt that since last year. She grinned again and cast the charm and without turning around she spoke. "Hello Josh."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sweet surprise (Josh)   Sweet surprise (Josh) EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 8:08 pm

After leaving Hogwarts, Josh had done as his family had expected him to. He'd moved on to University, settling in his own apartment (that was of course fully functional with the help of house elves). His first term of study had been as average as anything that Josh could have imagined, but it left him with the free time he needed to do other things.

That wasn't to say he didn't have work from the school, no he had plenty of work, he simply managed his time well.

Being away from his parents helped a lot too, the constant bickering of his parents, well, for a divorced couple they spent way too much time together. Fussing over his future, he was sure.

Today, however, he was looking for new potion equipment, and hoping to bump in to someone he hadn't seen for a while. Whilst he would never admit he was looking for someone, that was exactly what Joshua Murray was doing. With his bags already being sent back to his apartment, Joshua had a package to pick up, how or why it had ended up at Hogsmeade he was not entirely sure, probably some relative forgetting he'd moved school.

Stepping in to the shop, Josh moved towards the desk, ignoring the small sensation in his chest until...

"Hello Josh."

His little birdy.

A small hint of a smirk - perhaps even a smile - touched Josh's lips for a moment. But he forced it away a moment later. "Grey." Josh replied, his tone polite enough as he moved towards her. "I wasn't expecting to see you here. Hogsmeade weekend?" Josh asked, slipping his card to the witch across the counter but barely acknowledging the woman.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sweet surprise (Josh)   Sweet surprise (Josh) EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 11:10 pm

Louise smiled and faced him, shrinking her boxes so they were easier to manage but keeping them hovering near the end of her wand. "Actually I'm just here to pick up some ingredients. Seems my sweets are getting popular." She answered, looking more than happy to see him, despite their unusual relationship, if it could be called such. "How is University?" She asked, waiting for him, not wanting to leave just yet, well that and the tugging at her chest was quite insistent on her staying put, at least for now.

A sudden thought flitted through her head, she was wondering if her hair had been messed up by the wind and snow outside or if her robes looked neat enough, making her cheeks flair pink for a moment, but perhaps that could be passed off by the cold as someone walked in, letting in the biting cold wind from outside for a moment.

"So how come you're in Hogsmead? Time off?" She asked, trying to subtly check she was presentable, yet even if she was she couldn't do much about it with her hand occupied with keeping up her packages, oh well.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sweet surprise (Josh)   Sweet surprise (Josh) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:50 pm

The knowledge that Louise's sweets were getting popular wasn't a surprise to Josh. After the horrendous ordeal of going to St Mungo's on Christmas Eve with her, Josh could see that people liked her sweets. "Do you still make the polar bears?" Josh asked, trying to act indifferent to what the answer might be. He liked the chocolate polar bears, but he didn't want the whole world to know about it.

And he certainly didn't need Grey being all smug about it.

The question on university made Josh pause for a moment. "It's okay." He decided on his answer as Louise started to fuss with her hair. Honestly the witch was the complete show of not how to act around... well anyone really. How she managed to present her business so well he would never know. "The lessons aren't really hard enough, truth be told." His tone was simply matter of fact, Louise would know, or should at least of heard, of his prowess in potions, not to mention his father was an independent potioneer, it would be embarrassing not to do well in the field.

"I got an owl telling me my aunt had forgotten that I had moved schools, so I needed to come here to pick up a package. Merlin knows what it is." Josh explained, just as a box was presented over the counter. Shrinking it down with a quick flick of his wand, Josh put it in the inside of his coat pocket. There was no thank you towards the witch, and Josh motioned to the door. "But term has finished for the holidays, so yes, I'm on holiday, I suppose." He continued, getting the door for Louise.

Typical of Josh, he didn't ask the questions back, merely fulfilling the answers and then falling quiet.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sweet surprise (Josh)   Sweet surprise (Josh) EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 12:22 am

Louise stopped fussing and smiled wider. "Of course They're my best sellers. I have new flavors too." She made a mental note to send him some as soon as she got back to the castle, shame she didn't bring any with her.

She smiled as he got the door for her and stepped outside, sending her packaged out first. "Thank you. I'd be surprised if you found the work difficult in any way to be honest." She shivered at the weather, it seemed to have dropped several degrees, that or being in the warm post office had just made it feel colder outside. She glanced at her boxes and bags and bit her lip, she decided to risk it and shrank them down and guided them to her pocket carefully. She still had a little time left. "Would you be opposed to stopping for a drink before you leave? I have a little extra time before I need to go back to the castle." She asked, hoping he'd say yes.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sweet surprise (Josh)   Sweet surprise (Josh) EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 6:02 pm

The information on the chocolate polar bears made Josh nod once. It seemed Louise was doing well from her sweets, which was good, he supposed. Josh wasn't sure it would be a long term thing, but the notion of happiness was something Josh could vaguely recognise in the witch's body language. "Good." Was his simple answer to the whole scenario.

The comment on Louise being surprised if he found the course difficult wasn't one that Josh knew what to do with. Should that make him feel good, or was that a normal comment. Josh wasn't sure about that one. So, he allowed his usual silence to carry on for the moment, biding his time with the conversation until he had something worthwhile to talk about.

When the question came about going for a drink, Josh thought about it for a moment. Did he have anything pressing to do that day? No, not really. Would it hurt going in for one drink with the witch? He didn't think so. "I have enough time to spare for a drink." Josh replied, again nodding only once and leading them both towards The Three Broomsticks. "Have you had your lunch?" Josh added, though he wasn't hungry himself, it was the polite thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sweet surprise (Josh)   Sweet surprise (Josh) EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 4:32 pm

Louise didn't bother hiding her pleased smile as she followed Josh across the snow covered street to the Three broomsticks, tugging her scarf a little higher on her neck. "I haven't but I can wait till I get back to the castle. The house elves don't seem to mind me eating in the kitchens if I'm making my sweets there with them. They sometimes ask what I'm doing. I let them help sometimes if I have a large order to fill. So long as they don't make any without my knowing I'm fine with that." She realized she was rambling a bit, that seemed to be happening a lot more these days when she started thinking about her hobby. It had quickly become a passion.

Inside the pub was so much warmer, and the snow was already melting off of her robes and boots. She cast a drying charm on the hem of her robes so she wouldn't freeze to death when she got back outside then tucked her scarf into another pocket. "Sorry, I didn't meant to go on like that. So, a warm butterbeer? Or something with a bit more fire in it?" She asked, looking up at him as she put her wand away into a holster on her leg.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sweet surprise (Josh)   Sweet surprise (Josh) EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 4:58 pm

It seemed Josh's question on lunch had been misinterpreted by Louise, and seeing as she was happy to have lunch at the castle with the house elves (honestly the witch was worrisome with her company) Josh decided not to press the witch with what he'd actually meant.

The story about making sweets probably would have brought a smile to anyone else's lips, but not Josh's. "They won't steal it." He assured the witch, because he knew the house elves weren't capable of doing something against the wishes of their owners. Technically, Louise wasn't that, but the school elves served the students, so it worked, to an extent.

"Sorry, I didn't meant to go on like that. So, a warm butterbeer? Or something with a bit more fire in it?"

Moving towards the bar, Josh thought about it. Alcohol didn't really meet the requirements for today, and The Three Broomsticks didn't sell the type of alcohol Josh enjoyed. "Two butterbeers." Josh told the barman, answering Louise and fulfilling their order in one move.

"So, how's the school?" Josh asked, fishing for a subject to talk about because this was a social situation. He wasn't fond of small talk, but he understood social norms enough to know he would have to dip in to it from time to time to amuse the masses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweet surprise (Josh)   Sweet surprise (Josh) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sweet surprise (Josh)
Page 1 of 1