Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) Empty
PostSubject: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 10:27 pm

((Cont'd fromhttps://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk/t29-st-tropez-jari#171 ))

After their first day of fun and relaxation in the French sun, the couple had decided to devote the rest of their free time to playful exploration. They explored the private beach, collecting some seashells for when they went home for a mobile, they explored each other wherever and whenever fancy struck them. Went snorkeling again in the ocean. And Mari helped Jake explore the Mansion, pointing out places connected with fun memories, which was all going swell until Mari accidentally opened the door to her childhood room. Grimacing the witch had looked around the room.

Her Grandparents hadn't changed a thing, it was untouched by time, there was a boyband poster above the bed, in a frame that was probably real gold. An absurdly long rack of headbands and dresses. And picture frames lining the walls.

This she saw as they walked in and looked around, "Well, this was, embarrassingly my room." Mari introduced, brushing her fingertips over the white wood frames, "These are my sisters," she pointed at two picture of two blonde girls laughing from the frames and blowing kisses. (1) (2) Then Marilyn pointed at two more pictures with a Mexican and an English woman in them respectively, both were smiling but the English woman seemed more refined wheras the Mexican woman looked defiant in her smile. (Mom) (Mum) "And those were my parents, Mom and Mum."

Contrary to what she'd used to sound like when she talked about that time Marilyn didn't sound sad. Or hurt. She gave Jake a small smile and realised that she wasn't angry at her sisters anymore, she knew them, knew that they couldn't cope. Mari hadn't been able to cope either, she'd just not had any choice in the matter.

"Oh Merlin," The witch laughed, "That's me," she picked up a  picture of a buck-toothed child. (Pic)

Their exploring took them all over the house after that, and the grounds, where the couple swam together, ran together and talked together, constantly playing around and laughing. Soon however it was showtime and the day had come when her family would arrive.

--
(Jake)
(Mari)
(Villa)
(Villa)
(Villa)
(Villa)
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 10:52 pm

After an eventful morning by the pool, Jake had been happy to sit back and relax. The two days they spent alone had simply been about understanding more about one another, exploring and making the most of their relaxing time together. Jake had, inevitably, sunburnt in the first day, but Marilyn had been kind enough to help him deal with that.

His shoulders were still a little sensitive, but they were better than they were before.

Exploring the house had been fun, learning more about Marilyn and her family. But nothing could have prepared him for coming across Marilyn's room. When Marilyn started showing him photos, Jake wasn't sure how to react to the site of her sisters and two mom's, it was awkward for him, because his own anger at them abandoning would never come in to her feelings. But looking at the pictures and seeing Marilyn... not upset told him that he could smile at the knowledge. "They look happy. And all of you are very pretty... but you are most definitely the only one worth knowing." He told her softly, pressing a light kiss to her shoulder.

Honestly he didn't know what else to say.

But he was saved with a younger picture of Marilyn, with buck teeth and a small smile touched his features only a moment later, just about holding back a laugh at the sight before him. "You were cute, but now, you're beautiful!" Jake told her, leaning down to press a light kiss to her lips. The photos of him as a kid were definitely not any better, so he wasn't going to laugh at her too much for them, because his time would come.

They'd moved on though, going to find other things to do, until finally they were sat in the lounge area, Jake dressed in a smart shirt and trousers with Marilyn sat by his side, waiting for her grandparents and Jamie to arrive and join them. "Too hot." Jake moaned, leaning in to press a light kiss on Marilyn's cheek. "Can't I change, I have time?" Jake tried once again, though he knew it was useless. He had to look presentable in front of her grandparents. Jake had just simply gotten used to not having to wear a shirt over the last couple of days.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Mari chuckled when he kissed her cheek, "It is not too hot, it's only 30°C, that's nothing," The witch moved her left hand to hold his right one and gave it a light squeeze, "As much as I want you shirtless..." She nuzzled his neck, "You've got to wait until after lunch with them,"

Just then the fireplace roared green and four figures stepped out, Evan first in a light grey suit and a white shirt, helping his wife Gwen, who stepped out in an elegant white gown. Then a man who was dressed similarily to his father, Jamie, who came out with a wink in Mari's direction, holding Cassandra's hand who was positively beaming.

"Darling! How's my favorite niece?"
Jamie gave Marilyn a hug and kissed the top of her head whilst Evan and Gwen greeted Jake first, shaking his hand. Cassandra gave Marilyn an excited hug and smirked as if about to burst but not yet allowed. When Mari sent her a questioning glance Cass just bit her lip, eyebrows raised.

"I'm fine, Jamie, we've had a very relaxing weekend. Hello Grandma, Grandpa," she gave each a kiss on the cheek as Jamie gave Jake a hug and so did Cassandra.

"Well, seeing as Cassandra might just combust, perhaps we should share the news now before retiring to lunch," Evan stated dryly but with a smile, putting an arm around his wife.

Cassandra and Jamie looked at each other happily before looking back at Mari and Jake before Cassandra announced with excitement,
"We're engaged! Officially, now. He proposed last night."

Mari raised her eyebrows and grinned, giving both of them another hug, "Congratulations! I'm so happy for you two! And finally, I know you're dying to spill the details so let's go have a celebratory lunch," Cassandra nodded and took Jamie's hand as Mari took Jake's and they all moved to the dining hall.

(Cass & Gwen)
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 2:00 pm

With the notion of it 'only' being thirty degrees, Jake scoffed slightly, but let it go. Marilyn was probably never going to understand the heat issue that Jake had, but he didn't blame her, he would love to be able to feel comfortable in such heat. But the whole thing was forgotten as the fire roared in to action and four people stepped out of it.

Jake was on his feet just behind Mari, smiling warmly as her grandparents moved to greet him whilst Marilyn went to Jamie and Cassandra. Asking them both if they were okay and smiling when they said they were. They moved to Marilyn in much the same time that Jamie and Cassandra moved to him, Jamie giving him the biggest bear hug he'd received in a while and Cassandra much lighter in her approach. He didn't mind though, it was nice to know they could be... well, somewhat normal in how they met one another.

"We're engaged! Officially, now. He proposed last night."

Jake's eyebrow raised at the news before he was grinning with the happiness with the situation. Jake allowed the family to have the moment of happiness, congratulating them once Marilyn had done by shaking Jamie's hand and then giving Cassandra a light hug, Jake moved to stand by Marilyn.

Jake simply followed the group in to the dining room, helping Marilyn in to her seat and then taking the seat beside her. "So how did you propose, Jamie?" Jake asked once they were settled, trying to be a part of the situation as much as he could in that moment.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 3:27 pm

"So how did you propose, Jamie?"

"Looking for ideas, Jake?" Jamie teased before grimacing at the well aimed kick he recieved from Mari who was sitting beside Cassandra and opposite Jamie. He kicked back but Mari dodged, sticking her tongue out at him before turning back to Cassandra, who was happily showing her the ring. Then Jamie launched a very romantic tale about surprising Cassandra by proposing in a fancy restaurant after sending a thousand daisies, her favorite flower, to their flat for when she woke up.

"What a load," Cass shook her head, whispering to Mari, "That's just the official story. He's way too much of a guy to admit that he proposed last night in bed while we were cuddling." Mari chuckled and smiled, "How long will the engagement be, then?"

Cass looked at Gwen and Evan before answering,
"We were thinking a year, since most of the planning has been done for ages we just need to pick the dress and activate all the bookings. You'll be maid of honour, of course, but you already knew that. Gwen planned the hen night already with Mum, and Evan the stag night."

"Well, what can we say?" Evan smiled, holding Gwens hand, "We're very excited to finally be able to do this. The Prophet's press release is scheduled to hit tomorrow, giving us a solid week before we return to England for the gaggle to die down." The two heads of the family went through the details of the press appointments regarding the wedding for the year, who was to be where and when with whom doing what. Nothing new for the Caldwells and Cassandra. But probably a bit odd to Jake. Especially when he was named.

"Jake," Gwen smiled, "The press will probably be all over you and Marilyn next, as this leaves her the only unmarried heir in the family, just ignore them, we'll try to keep them away from you two as much as possible."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 3:40 pm

"Looking for ideas, Jake?"

"W-What? No!" Jake replied, shaking his head before realising what it sounded like and quickly adding on to what he'd said. "Not now, that's... ages away." He explained, conscious of being around Marilyn's grandparents - which was never the best place to be when you'd just denied such things. "We're not ready for that yet." He added, more to himself because the story of how they became engaged was soon in flow and Jake smiled.

The manner in which Jamie had proposed wasn't as flamboyant as Jake would have anticipated, but it was a nice proposal no less. He would have thought it would have been something spectacular, but Jake simply nodded along to the events that happened. "Well, at least it's done now, right Jamie?" Jake joked softly, a little hesitant, but trying.

The engagement didn't seem like it was going to be very long, and Jake fell in to the background quite happily as they spoke about the newspapers getting hold of the information, quite content on his food until they pulled Marilyn and him in to it. His eyes grew a little wider - being in the press wasn't new to him, but this reason wasn't one he wanted to be in the news for, not really.

"The press will probably be all over you and Marilyn next, as this leaves her the only unmarried heir in the family, just ignore them, we'll try to keep them away from you two as much as possible."

"I'll do my best, Mrs Caldwell." Jake replied softly. Why it was newsworthy Jake wasn't quite sure, but Jake decided to simply do as he was asked and ignore the media - nothing out of the ordinary in that.

"Will you need help with any of the wedding preparations? I don't mind helping out if you need anything doing?" Jake offered, looking around the table from Cassandra to Jamie and then from him to his parents. It wasn't much, but he could show he wanted to be a part of this family through the notion of wanting to help. Which, he did, but he didn't think the Caldwell's would really need him to do anything, really.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 4:39 pm

"We're not ready for that yet."

Mari rolled her eyes, inwardly groaning, knowing that his vehement denial would be quite convincing of the opposite to her grandparents. And this was certainly not the last they'd hear of that. The glint in her grandmothers eye wasn't lost on the witch and she gave her a sly look as if to warn her off of commenting. So Gwen just smiled and said nothing.

Jamie, meanwhile, was grinning at Jake,
"Yeah, right nerve-racking that was, glad I only have to do it once." the man chuckled, blowing Cass a kiss across the table to show that really he'd do it again and again and again.

"I'll do my best, Mrs Caldwell."

Gwen grimaced and shuddered,
"Oh Merlin, Jake, call me Gwen, that makes me sound old!"

"Sure, Grandma," Mari retorted before taking a sip of her lemonade and smirking against the crystal glass.

"Oi, watch it, Lynnie, I've got a scoreboard in the training rooms that says an 'old lady' beat your pretty little hide." Gwen replied without even looking up from her grapes.  

"You haven't beaten me since I was seventeen, it's been draws since then." The younger witch corrected, much to Evans amusement.

"Will you need help with any of the wedding preparations? I don't mind helping out if you need anything doing?"

"Oh Jake, that's sweet. I think we'll be taking you up on that later on." Gwen smiled, her husband nodding at her words, "Yes, especially on the stag night, we'll need someone to keep an eye on this one. Press will be all over the stag night and the last thing we need is him plastered on the front page before the wedding." Evan looked at Jamie pointedly who grinned sheepishly and raised his hands over his head.

"I'll be good! No alcohol at the stag party, no drugs, I promise. Cass would kill me, wouldn't you, love?"

"In cold blood, darling." Cassandra nodded, looking equal parts joking and serious. The lunch continued in a similar manner, Marilyn smiling at how well everything was going, how much more relaxed it was going in comparison to how horrible. But Jake had so far passed every test and now that Evan was recovering from his apathy he was truly making an effort to set things right with everyone. Something Marilyn greatly appreciated.

And there was music again, in the mansion, enchanted instruments were constantly playing now, sweet tunes to dance to in every room. Which she later made use of, taking Evans hand in passing and allowing him to twirl her around the room. Even Jake would fall prey to the music, or to Marilyn rather, as she waltzed through an empty hallway with him, more silly than serious that ended with them kissing behind an old suit of armour, only breaking apart when they noticed it had turned its head to look at them.  
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 4:57 pm

Jake chuckled at the idea of it being nerve-racking, shaking his head slightly at the notion. "I think you had the best set up, Jamie, I mean, you could say you already knew the answer." Jake supplied, even he was aware of how long Cassandra and Jamie had been together, and after so much time (not to mention their families) it was absolutely inevitably going to be a yes.

Jake apologised softly when Gwen said he'd made her feel old, that wasn't his intention, he simply would probably revert to that until he felt completely calm around the Caldwell's. Which would take time, but he was quite sure that one day he would be able to relax when he was in the same room as them. Though, to be quite honest, it had come easier when Evan had come back on his knees apologising to Marilyn.

The rest of the conversation was light, and Jake found himself joining in the laughter that filled the room. The dynamic was different to his family, but he was easing in to it with time, something he hoped no one in the room minded too much. Making promises to keep Jamie away from alcohol at his Stag Do, because he could do that quite easily.

The dinner continued in much the same manner, light and carefree, dancing and music, champagne and celebration all around. Jake danced with Gwen once, a little less fluidly than he normally did, but mostly out of politeness before Marilyn pulled him back in to her arms as they left for the pool, playfully waltzing down a corridor together. When Marilyn pulled him behind a suit of armour for a kiss, Jake pressed a light kiss on her lips, hands drawing her closer as it grew deeper. Well, until Marilyn pulled away, anyway.

Jake pressed a light kiss to her cheek, murmuring that he loved her before they moved off again. Heading down the corridor to their room. "Took them long enough, didn't it?" Jake joked softly as he laid out on the bed, already unbuttoning his shirt because he was too hot.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 5:50 pm

"I love you, too." She whispered against his lips, laughing as they sped off to their room, throwing themselves onto the bed like children, thoroughly enjoying themselves.  The woman pulled her skirt up from her knees to her thighs to move better and helped him take his shirt off, kissing the warm skin, but not initiating anything. This was just affection, playful and simple. No motives behind it. 

"Took them long enough, didn't it?"

"Yeah," She nodded, kissing his neck before she sat back up on her knees, pulling her hair up in a ponytail from the humidity, slipping her heels onto the floor. Grabbing a silk, heart shaped pillow and hugging it to her chest she looked down at him with a grin.

"Thank you, everything went so well, thank you for being here." She blew him a kiss from where she was still knelt on the bed, "Are you comfortable?" The witch asked, a wry note sneaking into her voice as she tried to look as innocent as possible.

Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 6:01 pm

When Marilyn thanked him for being there, Jake shook his head with a small smile. "Course I'd be here." He told her softly, chucking his shirt off the side of the bed and taking a moment to relax. There was no denying he was warm, but Jake felt much better now he'd been freed from the shirt. The kiss blown in his direction was met with a smile, his hand moving to her legs, just affectionately draped on her knee.

"Yeah, I'm comfortable now." He told her softly, focusing on Marilyn and smiling brightly up at her. "I have you, that's all I need to be comfortable." He added softly, meaning the words as he relaxed.

"What do you want to do for the rest of the afternoon?" Jake asked softly, his eyes closing momentarily to relax a little bit more, which was probably never going to be the very best of ideas in the world when Marilyn was sat, cuddling a pillow with a look of innocence on her face - but Jake would know in future not to tempt fate.

He would simply have to learn that lesson first.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) Empty

Back to top Go down

St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next