Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Sweets please (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Sweets please (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Sweets please (Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Sweets please (Open) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Sweets please (Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Sweets please (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Sweets please (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Sweets please (Open)   Sweets please (Open) EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 3:04 am

Stepping into Honeydukes, Adaline grabbed a basket without looking before she decided to raid the shop for tons of sweets that she currently had the urge to eat.

From Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Beans to Chocolate Frogs to Blood Pops. Every kind of sweet she wanted she grabbed and shoved in her basket before moving further down the aisles.

Her bulging stomach was clear and visible to anyone who saw her but she paid no mind to any of the whispers that followed her as she moved around the shop. She had been pregnant for a few months already and back in Hogwarts for three so it really didn't bother her anymore. Not to mention she was quickly approaching her due date and she was very giddy for the birth of her baby.

She had decided to not find out the gender as she wanted it to be a surprise though she hoped it was a girl but she wouldn't mind if it was a boy, it just meant she would have to keep trying with Kai until she got her desired girl.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Sweets please (Open)   Sweets please (Open) EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 6:25 pm

Finding out he was going to be a father was something Jake was finding... well, difficult to process to say the least. His emotions ranged from excitement, happiness, pride, all the way down to fear, worry and feeling as if he wasn't going to be enough for Veronika, or their baby.

Of course, Jake would only let his girlfriend see the happy side, because Veronika was happy about this, and he was too.

His fear, rational or no, was not going to be seen, because she did not need the worry that it would instill. He'd told his parents in a letter, early in January, only for them to hurry over to congratulate the two of them and make sure they had everything they needed.

Today, Jake was out shopping, a little occupied with the thoughts of what he was going to have to do from now on. He had a list of things that Veronika and he needed. Some new clothes, some food, boring adult things. He'd stopped by the sweet shop to get Veronika something. As cheesy as it might be, he wanted to get her a little heart lollipop, or some candy that showed his feelings so he wouldn't have to say them.

Because Jake didn't quite know how to say that he loved Veronika.

Milling the aisles, Jake was paying little attention to his surroundings until he almost bumped in to someone. Thankfully, he realised a moment later, he hadn't ran in to her, because the witch was pregnant. "Sorry." Jake murmured, stepping around the witch and looking at the shelf the other side, before he looked back again, noting who the witch was. "Hey, Adaline." Jake greeted the witch with a smile. The Ravenclaw was one of his students, and Jake liked the witch.

The bump on her stomach was growing, and Jake wondered how Veronika would be... Would she be big, or would it barely be noticeable? Were women always big..? Was she going to be grumpy... Merlin Jake didn't know anything about pregnancy, the more this went on, the more he realised.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Sweets please (Open) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sweets please (Open)   Sweets please (Open) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 3:52 pm

Being pregnant wasn't that different to not being pregnant. Sure her stomach was big and she looked ugly -her words not anyone elses- but that didn't mean she couldn't do anything she did before. All it meant was that she had to be careful with what she was doing. Sure she couldn't fly her broom anymore but that didn't mean she couldn't watch Quidditch. She couldn't attend Potions as the fumes would be bad for the baby but that didn't mean she couldn't read books and write essays. She couldn't go to Defence but that didn't mean she wanted to fall behind.

Letting out a soft sigh, Adaline piled more sweets into her basket before blinking her eyes when she heard the familiar voice of her Defence Professor.

"Professor Jake!" Adaline smiled at him as she placed a hand on her stomach, unconsciously rubbing it to sooth the soft kicks against her stomach. "It's alright, you didn't bump into me." She reassured him.

Taking a moment to actually look at her Professor, Adaline noted, with amusement she might add, that he had this fear in his eyes that she saw constantly on Kai's face. And the only reason she did notice this fear in Jakes' eyes was because she was constantly looking at people to gauge their reactions.

"You okay there? You look... worried." She asked with a soft grin on her lips.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Sweets please (Open)   Sweets please (Open) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 9:03 pm

"Professor Jake!"

Jake smiled to himself as the witch called him that. "Please, just call me Jake. Especially outside the classroom." Jake insisted in that moment. He doubted he would ever get used to the term 'professor' no matter how many times he asked his students not to use the term.

Knowing that he hadn't bumped in to the witch made Jake relax a little bit, though he noted how she rubbed her stomach. Would Veronika do that? Or was that something that was more specific. Shaking his head only a fraction, Jake pushed the thought away, this was getting ridiculous, quite honestly.

The question on whether he was okay made Jake realise he'd been looking at the same spot on the shelf for too long, and, looking sideways at the Ravenclaw he gave her a small smile. "Sorry, yes, I'm..." Jake cut off in that moment, letting out a small sigh. "Yes, I'm worried. Very worried actually." The man explained, picking up a box of chocolates just to keep his hands occupied in that moment.

"My girlfriend is pregnant." Jake explained, letting out a small, nervous laugh in that moment. "Well, I guess I'm too old to say girlfriend... Partner?" He tried, giving a small shrug. "Professor Hollands, Veronika."

He was getting in a bit of mess with what he was trying to say. "I'm a little nervous, I don't... I don't know anything about babies, I don't know anything about pregnancy and I don't want to mess up. I mean, this is terrifying, and yet it's amazing. I'm sure you understand that." Jake explained, looking to Adaline in a hope that she did know what he was talking about.

Letting out another sigh, Jake put the box of chocolates back on the shelf. "I probably shouldn't bother you with that. I mean, I'm the professor here, and you're my student. I'm sorry." Jake hastily added, hoping that he wasn't going to get caught in an awkward place.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sweets please (Open)   Sweets please (Open) EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 6:01 pm

"Alright... Jake." Adaline said with a soft smile as she looked at him, her hand unconsciously rubbing her bulging belly as she stood there listening to the older male. Her blue eyes were slightly lit up with amusement when Jake cut off half-way through what he was saying before sighing. It was a bit amusing to the younger female to see a man four years her senior look worried.

Though hearing his problem she could see where he was coming from as she knew that's how Kai felt when she revealed her pregnancy to him. He had been worried as well after all.

Smiling softly, the younger female, patted Jake's arm comfortingly and said softly. "Don't you think she's worried as well? I mean, I'm pretty sure every woman that goes through their first pregnancy is worried. I know that I was. There's nothing to be worried about really." She reassured him. "We are all worried when there is a baby involved and believe me, women have more things to worry about then you men." She grinned teasingly at the older male.

"There's no need to apologize." Adaline reassured him softly. "You may be my professor but you are also a man who's worried about your partners pregnancy, I think you have every right to bother anyone about this, believe me I went through this with Kai when he found out I was pregnant."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Sweets please (Open)   Sweets please (Open) EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 8:48 pm

OOC: I am so, so sorry for not replying sooner!

The question of as to whether he believed that Veronika was worried threw Jake for a moment. "Well, I..." But he broke of from that sentence, grimacing for a moment as the reality of the situation hit him. "I hadn't thought of it like that..." Jake replied flatly, an apologetic look on his features as his left hand came up to rub the light stubble on his chin in that moment.

"Is there anything I can do to help her?" Jake asked hopefully. Adaline knew this situation, she was living this situation, so if he could find out a way of helping Veronika through it all, it would make him less worried, and hopefully help her too. "I mean, what worries would she have that I might be able to help with?" Jake amended, trying not to look too hopeful in that moment, but probably failing.

"I should probably deal with this a bit better than a seventeen year old though." Jake joked softly, before shaking his head. "But, thank you, for being so understanding." The professor added, truly meaning his words of thanks because he was quite relieved to get the worries off his chest.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweets please (Open)   Sweets please (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sweets please (Open)
Page 1 of 1