Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years)   DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 11:18 am

Finley listened to Professor Jake and took in the information he was given, analysing it carefully to make sure he made the best decision he could in that moment. However, his thoughts were cut off when a Slytherin girl spoke up. Finley didn't know her name, but he respected her enough to let her finish.

Then, once she had, Finley stepped forward a little bit, taking a moment to steady himself.

"P-Professor." Finley started, looking around nervously at the Slytherin girl, and giving her a small smile in which he hoped to convey he wasn't trying to say she was wrong, but also wanting to voice his opinion too.

The latter, however, was very difficult for Finley.

"I t-think..." Finley started, turning his attention back to the man at the front of the room. "That you h-have described a De... a Dementor." The Ravenclaw continued, catching himself before he stuttered in an attempt to not sound so feeble. "Which means that t-the casting of Lumos would likely a-attract the attention of the creature."

Finley paused for a moment thinking.

"The Charm is n-not one I can perform. The P-Patronus Charm, so... I think I would r-run." Finley explained, not in the slightest bit sheepish for admitting such things. After all, it was better to run away than try to take on something you knew you couldn't defeat.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years)   DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 8:43 pm

OOC: I am so, so sorry for not advancing this class sooner!

“Sorry for being late, professor...”

Jake gave a short nod of his head at the apology from the Gryffindor boy. "It's okay. Try to be on time next time, Alberi." Jake replied, a small smile appearing on the man's lips to show that no harm had been done.

Listening to the answers that he'd been given, Jake nodded along with the ideas that were given by the Slytherin witch, although he did note she hadn't paid much attention to what he'd described.

However, before Jake could point out the error of her ways, a surprise came about. Seeing Finley step forward to explain his idea was a pleasant surprise for Jake in that moment, and as the Ravenclaw spoke Jake couldn't help but nod as the boy explained the exact creature he had described in that moment, and an answer that worked better than the one that had been given before.

"Very good, Finley." Jake replied when the Ravenclaw had finished, before turning his attention back towards the Slytherin witch. "I cannot discredit you for using a spell that would help you in that moment, Lux. In fact, I would agree that using Lumos would be the best way to see what you are up against. So please, don't be disheartened when I say that Finley's answer is the better one, given the situation.

"Of course, Finley's answer banks on you noticing the sound of the breathing of a Dementor - which, unless you're close, you may not. The cold, however, mixed with feelings of despair may of helped you." Jake continued, though his smile was sympathetic - understanding why she may have been wrong. "Both of you, taken five points for providing an answer."

Pausing for a moment, Jake continued once more.

"Okay, the next scenario." The professor began, making sure he had everyone's attention once more. "Picture yourself, now in a new scenario, amongst the trees of the Forbidden Forest. You're taking a casual stroll - call it morbid curiosity, if you will - and suddenly, a ball of fire shoots your way. You have time enough to duck behind a tree, and your hand reaches for your wand.

"You lean only slightly around the tree, looking out towards the direction of the fire ball that came your way... you see a creature that looks to be half manticore, half fire crab, and it is advancing in your direction." Jake paused for dramatic effect, waiting a moment longer. "Who knows of the beast I speak of, and how, with your own capabilities, would you deal with the beast?" Jake prompted, looking around for answers.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years)   DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Lux frowned as the Ravenclaw boy spoke up. Her temper increased when she heard his answer and it was all she could do not to challenge him to a duel. True, his answer had been the one the professor chose her answer over hers but that pathetic child would pay for it later. She'd make sure of it.

As the professor spoke again, she turned her vengeful thoughts from the Ravenclaw and listened to him speak. Determined to prove her worth, Lux took a moment to think through all possibilities, trying to recall what she had been taught in previous lessons. She never claimed to be the smartest of the lot but she did have her moments and she would let no one humiliate her.

She pursed her lips as she ran through the scenario once more. Looking around the class and seeing that none had yet responded, she raised her hand and spoke clearly. "The best is a blast-ended skrewt," she started, sure that she had nailed the first part of the question. "I'd first cast Alarte Ascendare. It would lift the creature in the air and expose the unprotected belly. Then maybe I'll cast Sectumsempra to finish it off." She nodded once to signal the end of her answer and waited to hear the professor's comment.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years)   DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 10:01 am

Admin Closure of Class.

Thank you to those who have posted in this class - unfortunately the professor cannot finish up the class, so an admin will close it. Points will be given as follows:

10 points for attendance
5 points for any question being answered
Up to 15 points for participation

Thank you for your participation - this will still count as one of your three classes.

If you have any questions in regards to the points being handed out (either as a student or professor) please contact myself or another admin via PM to discuss them.

House Points
Alberi Woodston = 10 points for attendance
Sapphire Vine = 10 points for attendance

Zoey Price = 10 points for attendance
Alfie Fawkes = 10 points for attendance
Finley Allen = 10 points for attendance + 5 points for answering question + 10 points for participation = 25 points.

Hailey Cavanaugh = 10 points for attendance
Lux Bailey = 10 points for attendance + 5 points for answering questions + 15 points for participation = 30 points.

TOTAL:
Gryffindor: 20
Hufflepuff: 10
Ravenclaw: 35
Slytherin: 40

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years)   DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DADA - Lesson Three (First to Fourth Years)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2