Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 12:40 pm

Amethyst was trying to keep calm. Trying but failing, obviously. How could she be so stupid? She knew coming to the Quidditch Pitch was a stupid idea on its own. Overcoming her fear of flying made it even worse. And now trying to win this game she had dragged herself into completed the limit of stupidity she could have in a day.
But it wasn't enough. At least not for the boy. She knew he was going to make her do all the things she was avoiding so many years, and once he was satisfied at how much of a fool she had made of herself, he would leave her like that.

It was too late to turn back now, though. She had dragged herself into this mess, and now she had to face it. But could she really? She knew the moment she was going to touch this thing, she would probably faint.
And what made it even worse was the fact that this boy was ordering her around. Who did he think he was? Amethyst did not like being pushed into things. It made her extremely nervous and clumsy and she couldn't handle all this right now.
She was enough scared as it was.

"No."
She looked at the boy and shook her head. "No," she repeated and crossed her arms over her chest.
She wouldn't do it. Now the idea of making him angry was much more appealing than flying.
"I'm not in the mood. Plus, it would be a shame not to enjoy your amazing flying abilities."

The sarcasm was obvious in her every word. But she didn't care. She would do anything to keep herself far away from the brooms.
"You're the team Captain, so I suppose you must be the best. Why don't you show me?"
Wrong move, Amethyst.., the voice in her head was screaming, but she decided not to listen.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 12:57 pm

Ah, finally, disobedience. Josh mused to himself as the witch managed to tell him no. Never a clever move, telling Josh no was never going to be a clever move, but he would let her talk through why she believed she could say no. But the reason was simply another cover up of her own incapability on the Quidditch field.

"Oh, contraire, if you were not in the mood for flying, why come here?" Josh asked, because both of them knew precisely what was going on in that moment. Even if the Hufflepuff was not inclined to see her own foolishness, Josh could. "I'm also not your little performing monkey, so there is nothing for you to watch." Josh added, because he was most certainly not going to be doing that.

"Come on, go get a broom. Or would you rather borrow mine?" Josh insisted, coming down a little bit to the floor and hopping off the broom, offering it to the witch. He doubted she would take it, but this was much to fun, pushing her in to a corner for his own amusement.

"Or are you too cowardly to show me you at least know how to fly?" He continued, really trying to bait her in to a go. He wondered how high she would get before she fell. A good ten foot or more would be preferable. From that height, something was going to break, at least.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 1:22 pm

Her ways of trying to get rid of him were obviously not working. It made her want to turn around and start running, as if this would solve all her problems right now. Why was karma that mean to her? She had never been mean to anyone, she was loving, caring, so why was she getting in so much trouble without even trying?
But of course, she started messing with a Slytherin so how could she expect less than this?

He wouldn't buy her excuses, and instead, he was pushing her into getting on this thing and showing off her abilities even more. And that made Amethyst want to cry.
That was the way she was reacting to things. When she was really angry, she burst out crying. When she was forced to do things, the only way to calm herself was take it all out by crying. But how could she do such a thing with a snake standing now in front of her, offering her his broom.
Oh this was not going to be good.

But his last comment made something in the girl twist. She glared at him with a passion and moved forward, standing in front of him with her arms crossed over her chest.
"I am not a coward!"
She was getting angry now, something that didn't happen quite often.
"How dare you calling me a coward? Who do you think you are?! You are nothing but a self-centered, sly snake!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 7:54 pm

Emotions were brewing behind the eyes of the witch before him. What the emotions were, he couldn't tell. Josh Murray was not capable of distinguishing between emotions, but he could see conflict. And a conflict of emotions seemed to be happening to the witch before him. Excellent.

And the moment he called her a coward, the conflict ended, picking one emotion and firing it home well and truly.

Josh simply smirked as she moved closer, telling him that she certainly wasn't a coward. Perhaps not on the ground, but she was too much of a coward to get off of the ground. The Murray heir didn't falter, holding her gaze with his ice blue eyes. Eyes that showed he was enjoying this situation rather more than any normal person ever would. "You're right, I'm nothing but a self-centred snake, but I'm a self-centred snake that isn't afraid of flying.

"And I'm the self-centred snake who could easily have you ten foot of the ground before you could say Quidditch. So, you have one final chance. Get on the broom yourself, or I'll take you to the skies myself." Josh told her, his eyes showing that he was not joking, and this was her last chance to damn well get on with it.

"And don't bother running, you won't get far enough."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 10:37 am

The girl was beyond angry. This snake was standing in front of her with this calm aura surrounding him. He wasn't nervous, he wasn't angry. He was simply enjoying all the things that were currently happening to the girl.
Amy had , kind of, understood that Joshua Murray enjoyed watching other people make a fool out of themselves before he finished them off himself.
Then, once they were broken, his job was actually done. She would be scared of him. Scared of even meeting his gaze. And that was what he wanted. Power.

Though Amethyst was not ready to give him just that. The blonde, even if she wasn't the most daring person on earth, would surely not give up trying. Especially if with her surrender, she let a poisonous viper like him win.
"I'm not afraid of flying! And you better stop threatening me, or ordering me around! Who do you actually think you are?!"

Amy was ready to scream. She wanted to explode with everything that was happening. He was threatening her, and she couldn't hide the fact that she felt that chill run down her spine. But, she was always the girl who messed up. This time would be no different.
"I am done with you!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 11:15 am

Josh was not phased by the witch, nothing phased him really. Not outwardly, at least. Problems were internalised and worked carefully on. They never showed in the Murray heir because problems alluded to weakness, and weakness wasn't allowed to be in the Murray world.

But the Hufflepuff tried so hard to keep in control, it was pitiful, really. "Me?" Josh asked, lifting one hand up to lightly touch the witch's cheeks. That was the mind boggling thing about the boy, he could be unbelievably difficult, stubborn, unmoving, but his touch could be so feather light it could throw almost everyone off. "You know exactly who I am. And you know better than to keep testing my patience."

His other hand pressed the broom in to the witch. "Now fly." Josh insisted, not elaborating more because if she said no one more time he was simply going to lift her up and take off.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 11:38 am

The witch was not herself. Under such pressure she couldn't be. In any other time, if she was being this pressured, she would of started to cry. But this time, this boy had pushed her way too far to even consider crying. It was pure anger. She could feel the fire at the pit of her stomach, slowly rising higher with every word he decided to let out of his mouth. And to get a girl like Amethyst this angry, oh you had to be extremely talented.

She though she was as hard as stone. No one could break her at that moment, she was sure. But she obviously had no idea with whom she was playing with, for when the boy raised his hand and placed it lightly against her cheek, answering to her previous question, she felt her wall crumble down.

What in the name of Merlin?

His touch was warm, in contrast to the way he spoke or acted. Amethyst felt this tingling feeling in her stomach and it was bugging her. This time, it was not the fire that was threatening to rise. It was something else.
She wanted to lean into his touch. It was as if everything that had happened a few minutes ago were now... gone.

But he had to destroy even those few seconds by threatening her once again with his sure about himself composure, and his sharp words.
The feeling of the broomstick being pushed into her body made her flinch. She was as petite. She could break so easily.
The girl's softness disappeared as quickly, and she slapped his hand away, pushing the broom back at him. "No."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 12:33 pm

One more dismissal of his words, and Josh knew perfectly now that she was afraid. The flinch, the stubbornness. Nobody made this much of a fuss without a very good reason. Josh's smirk only grew as she pushed the broom back in to him.

"As you so wish." Josh managed, almost pretending to give up in that moment.

Almost.

But instead of leaving her alone, Josh went for another move, hooking his left foot around the broom, and taking the witch firmly around the waist with his right arm before kicking off. The balance on the broom was off, but Josh corrected it not two foot of the floor, soaring up high quickly and holding the witch securely to him.

He wouldn't drop her, not now. Even if it would be fun to watch. Once they were a good twenty feet in the air, Josh stopped flying upwards, hovering comfortably where they were and taking a look around before looking back at the witch pressed to his side. "Fascinating, isn't it, up here?" Josh asked, knowing she could do nothing up here because her life was, quite literally in his hands right now.

"What could you ever be scared of?" Josh taunted, looking to the witch with a raised eyebrow, waiting for her answer.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 12:56 pm

For a moment, she believed she had won. But it felt weird. It didn't feel like winning at all, and that meant that she hadn't. When Amethyst won something she knew it already. She could feel it in her bones because she was sure about it, but with Murray.. no... there was no possibility of that. So what was he planning?

Even though she was this soft, she still wasn't stupid. Foolishness does not mean that someone is not intelligent. And Amethyst was truly and intelligent young lady who had the tendency of always messing things up. Her mother insisted that it was because she was so innocent and kind to others.
No, her mother had never told her to be mean and hurtful to others, but she had told her more than once that not all of them deserved the kindness she used to show to everyone.

Like Murray here. He deserved nothing she could give him.

But before she knew it, an arm was tightly wrapped around her waist and she was pressed against his body. But the worst of all? Her feet weren't touching the ground.
The blonde witch, too scared to even scream just wrapped her arms around the boy, trying frantically not to fall.

"Fascinating, isn't it, up here?"

Amethyst just glared at him with all the hatred she could manage. Oh she was going to kill him for this. Truly, she was.

"What could you ever be scared of?"

Truth is, I have a list of things to say, but I will be smart this time and keep my mouth shut, she thought and simply tightened her grip around him, trying to look anywhere but the Ground that was so far below them.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Josh only smirked back at the witch as she glared at him, it was much too amusing not to. Did she really think she was going to get away with this with him? Well, she'd most certainly learnt her lesson, that was for sure. Even if she didn't answer his question about how nice it was up here. Josh didn't care for her answer. The fact she wasn't talking for a change was quite the respite.

Holding the hover for a moment more, Josh dipped in to dive.

Aiming for the floor and not worrying about anything. They plummeted a good fifteen foot before Josh thought of levelling, and when they were barely three foot off the floor, Josh let her go without a second thought, dropping her unceremoniously to the ground.

"I'll see you around, Hufflepuff." Josh called over his shoulder, making a beeline for the entrance tunnel, which he flew through before dismounting. He was away from the Quidditch Pitch soon after, not waiting for anything else, because frankly, she was boring and his amusement with her had faded.

Now... he could go back to the common room, and find someone much more to his taste.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next