Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

Jake Newbury, Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] Emptyby Chester Millstone Today at 8:55 am

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] Empty
PostSubject: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 1:18 pm

For no reason would the Hufflepuff girl end up going to the Quidditch Pitch. If not the worst, it was one of the worst places she could ever be. Just the air there was so thick it did not allow her to breathe. Properly, at least.
It was as if darkness was swallowing her. As if she was drowning in the deep ocean.
A fear like no other for her.

Flying had never been fun for her. She hated her first year. Having not only to touch that... thing, but to fly too! She still can't remember how it happened, but she sure woke up in the Hospital a few hours later. She had broken her arm, and thankfully nothing else. Just the idea of Quidditch, or flying in general made the girl shake in fear.

But she was now in her Sixth Year. Her little sister was looking up at her as the best example to follow, and Ems did not know if this was actually the right thing for Sapphire.
The younger girl had potential in Quidditch, and Amethyst knew that if she truly tried, she would end up being one of the best Chasers around.
But due to the fact that her older sister couldn't stand Quidditch, Sapphire never tried, afraid that she wouldn't make her sister proud.
Ems knew that, even though her little sister would never gather up the courage to tell her.

So, in order to really be the good example for her little Sapphire, she decided that it was now the time to overcome this fear. She would never push herself to actually like it, but putting up with this for her sister's sake was a very good step. It would  make her sister comfortable, and with a little push from Amethyst's side, Sapphire would sure try out for the team.

At first sight, arriving at the pitch wouldn't seem as a big deal. Though once the girl stood in the middle of it, staring around, she could feel her stomach turn.
"No, I need to do this!"
Closing her eyes tightly, she started taking deep breaths, calming herself down. She knew she could do it. She just had to try harder.
"Okay, here we go..," the girl murmured and opened her eyes, taking in the sight of the pitch. Keeping in her mind that this was for her sister, did actually make a difference, since the knot in her stomach was slowly gone, and the thickness in the air was wearing off.

She was almost positive she had calmed herself down, and that everything was going well. She was ready to believe this, when a voice shook her out of the concentration, scaring her. The girl actually let a startling scream as she fell on her butt, groaning.
She closed her eyes, not wanting to know who it was, and actually stayed there, unmoving, as if the earth would open up and swallow her from her shame.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 2:06 pm

The Quidditch Pitch was, more often than not, the best place to find Joshua Murray. Well, there or the common room, but the common room got tiring when people wanted your attention all the time. That afternoon had been no different at all, so he'd left (much to many people's disappointment) and gone down to the Quidditch Pitch with his broom.

But as the Slytherin Prefect arrived at the pitch, it seemed he was not the only one who wanted to use it. Standing in the shadow of the entrance, Josh watched the witch for a brief while, wondering what in the world she was trying to do as she stood with her eyes closed, lips moving as if she was talking to herself.

Well, she probably was, because there most certainly wasn't anyone else around here.

Not wanting to stay watching, Josh mounted his broom with undeniable ease and moved towards the witch. This was silent, giving Josh the element of surprise. Moving behind the girl, Josh smirked for a moment before speaking. "What are you trying to do?" He asked, watching her jump a mile, scream and fall over. Theatrics, how wonderful, Josh thought to himself in the usual unimpressed tone that followed him around.

"Impressive." Josh drawled sarcastically, looking down at the witch on the floor as he hovered on his broom.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 2:32 pm

Amethyst was not ready for what had come to her. She thought she was alone, trying to overcome her fear, but it seemed like someone else wanted to use the Quidditch Pitch too. Something Ems had not thought of. That was what usually happened. She gathered up the courage to do something she had probably been avoiding for... a while, something had to destroy it. This time, it was the blonde Slytherin who was now hovering over her with his thing! Obviously, Ems was never going to call that a broom.

She opened her blue eyes and stared up at the boy with a raised eyebrow. His sarcastic comment did not surprise her at all, but she did not make a move to show it.
She had been around Slytherins for the past six years of her life to know that they would never stop being the sly snakes they were. It was just a lost war trying to change them, she believed.
But deep inside she did know that they were hiding stuff they didn't even know they were hiding. And that intrigued the blonde Hufflepuff enough to want to get to know them.

"Aren't I always?" she shot back at the boy, treating him with the same way he did. Amethyst did not make a move to get up or anything. She simply laid there, ocean blue eyes staring up at the boy, as if this was the most common thing to find her doing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 2:50 pm

When the witch made no move to get up, Josh wondered for a moment if she were broken. He knew, of course that people couldn't just break, but perhaps he'd scared her a little too much and things had stopped functioning. Like the thought that said 'I just fell over, need to get back up now' which evidently wasn't flagging up in the girl's head.

Oh well, Josh thought to himself as she did finally manage to speak.

Josh simply shook his head at her words, not that it was his answer, he was just not accustomed to such retorts to his words. Though, whether this witch was always impressive he highly doubted.

"You didn't ask my first question." Josh prompted, because he didn't much like being ignored. He'd come used to it over the years with his parents, but Josh never liked it. And this witch was most certainly not going to be one to get away with ignoring him either. "What were you trying to do?" He asked once more, not wanting the rubbish about not remembering what she'd been asked only a few moments ago.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:09 pm

Amethyst wasn't used to such way of talking. He was really harsh, obviously nosy, and so many other things. He made her want to jump out of her skin but at the same time, she liked that about him.
He was charming, and cold.
Intimidating, that was the word she was looking for. The best way to describe him was intimidating. He was something you should be afraid of, yet melt for. At least that was how the other girls described him.

Amethyst was really trying to understand what exactly they liked on him. What drew them to him that much. Of course he had the looks, Ems had to give him that. There was also his bood status, the fact that he was a bad boy, and what girl doesn't have a soft spot for them? But if you put those aside, what was the one things that actually drew them to him? The smiles he never gave? Or the kindness he never showed?

The Hufflepuff had to guess it was that air of mystery and power. He gave the illusion of a true man. An intelligent, strong man. Someone who knew what he wanted and how to get it. But to Amethyst, this was just acting. Much like the one she was doing now.

"What was I trying to do, let's see... Uhh.. Overcoming a fear I guess? But that sounds just ironic with the way you snuck up on me."
Deciding it was time to get up, the girl rolled from underneath his broom and pushed herself up, brushing off some grass from her clothes.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:25 pm

The reply brought a smirk to Josh's lips when she said she was trying to conquer fears. "It seems you have a long way to go then." He told her, shaking his head slightly at the thought. Fears were for lesser beings, Josh wasn't afraid of anything in their world or otherwise. Though, of course, most people were lesser beings to Joshua, so it wasn't really surprising that they had abnormalities.

"You don't fly then?" Josh asked, continuing to try to get further information from the witch. It was fun, finding peoples weaknesses and then eventually playing with them for his own amusement. He wouldn't ask her if she was okay, or comment that she'd missed some mud a little higher up her leg, no, Josh wasn't like that, and today would be no different.

"Is it the heights that get you, or the speed?" He was trying to work it out. "For a lot of people, it's initially the height that scares them. But then once you get them on the broom, they realise just how fast these things can go. I've seen too many people have panic attacks when they go up there, it's quite ridiculous really." Josh explained, knowing full well what he was doing as he spoke, but this was the fun!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:38 pm

Amethyst wanted to laugh at his comment. It was ridiculous how he played the role so well, it was almost funny. But knowing the anger hidden behind all these, she wouldn't want to be there when he finally exploded. Neither was she ready to cause that explosion and deal with the consequences following.
Instead of that, she kept a straight face, crossing her arms over her chest as she kept looking at the boy.

She could not believe he was sitting on this thing with such ease. It was as if he was born sitting on it. He felt safe for some reason, and that brought her nausea, but she wouldn't admit such fact. Especially to him.
No one really knew of her fear, except her sister and a few close friends. To cover up that incident in the first year, everyone was told that Amy was just sick and that caused her to fall. Nothing more.

"It's not that I do not fly. I just can't see anything particularly interesting to it, if you really need to know."
The Hufflepuff girl was giving out as little information as she could. It was the smartest move right now, if she truly wanted her secret to remain secret.
"It's neither the heights or the speed. I happen to be a person who finds speed quite... appealing."
And truth was that Amethyst did like fats things. Sometimes.

As for the heights. Of course she lied. Everyone was playing a role in this school and she was no different. This was not a simple discussion with the Slytherin. It was a game. Much like wizard chess. One wrong move could lead to catastrophe, from both sides. That was all it took. So she had to play, and had to play smart.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Oh, she was trying, but it was only funny to watch. She didn't fly, and yet she was here in the Quidditch Pitch. With no one playing, or training. Just on her own. Josh wasn't going to buy that answer in a month of Sundays, was he? Of course not, but he would give her credit for trying, even if it was abysmal.

And as she continued, Josh was only growing more amused.

It seemed the Hufflepuff didn't quite know who she was playing with, and that made it all the more fun on his behalf. "If neither of them bother you, why don't you join me in the skies? I can get you a broom from the broom cupboard if you like?" He offered, wondering if she'd back down or try to keep up with him in that moment. He so hoped it would be the latter, there was nothing more amusing to Josh than people who tried to overreach themselves in such a manner.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 8:38 pm

Amethyst was sure of herself. She believed that she had managed to cover up the fact that she was here to overcome her fear of flying. She believed that the way she was saying everything gave out no information about how scared she was of this place.
And even more scared of the boy in the air.

But of course the girl was too naive to understand that, sadly, he was the one with the upper hand in this game. It did not phase her how easily he could torment her and prove that she was lying about not being scared.
She was just positive that she had managed to hide everything. That she was able to predict his every move.
But here he was, ready to prove her wrong with one or two sentences.

"If neither of them bother you, why don't you join me in the skies?

Oh. My. Merlin.

The look on the girl's face was priceless. It was something between shock and scare.
She did not know how to react to this, because she certainly didn't expect him to actually ask her that. How could she not think of the possibilities?
But that was exactly what the blonde girl did. She never though of what would be coming next. Never thought of all the possibilities and everything that would soon follow with her every word.

Frozen to her place, Amethyst stared at the boy, trying to put on a mask and pretend he didn't have an effect on her. Though, she was not such a good actor.
She bit her lip and inhaled deeply. She couldn't back out now. She could not give him the right to make fun of her like that. He did not deserve to know her secret, and she would do anything to protect it.

But what was worse? Him knowing her fear, or make a fool of herself?

But Ems being herself, she of course chose that him knowing her secret was worse than trying to do something she was not made for.
"I... I guess I could fly with you..."
I mean, how bad could it be? She had to remember something. After all, she had been taught how to fly. She just chose not to take advantage of it, and let her fear take over. She decided to be weak, and now it was the right time to make things right.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 12:18 pm

The moment he spoke the words of her joining him in the skies, Josh saw exactly what she'd been trying to hide in that moment. The fear in her eyes as she realised that he'd won was perfect to Josh, there was nothing better than a game in which you won because the other was much too stupid to back down.

Which was precisely what had just happened.

The pause before the witch spoke was simply a moment for Josh's eyes to bore in to her existence and see what it was she was trying to hide. Intimidation techniques like that were old friends to Joshua, and he was making full use of them in that moment. Why? Because he was Joshua Murray and he could do whatever he liked.

Her answer was quite pitiful in the end too, much to uncertain about the whole thing. Josh couldn't help the smug look on his face. Well, he could, but he let it show so that she knew he'd won this one.

"Well, get a broom then. Not much use you just standing there, is it?" Josh insisted, because she was stalling. "And do hurry up about it, I would like to be back inside by dinner." Josh added, hurrying her because he knew people like her made more mistakes when they were being hurried.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]   Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua] Empty

Back to top Go down

Overcoming Fears [Amy & Joshua]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next