Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher]   The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 9:43 pm

"I'm not here to babysit you, sister, and in case you haven't noticed, I've been stuck in Hogwarts for the last few weeks!"

Christopher had a very strong point, one Verena could not fight back, and that was why she simply nodded at those words, apologising in her own way about what she had said. Christopher might have the power, but he was still young and in no position to deal with everything. After all, he still had his school to care about, and Verena was not going to push this too far, because she knew what was best for her.

"And I'm not not seeing the benefits - I see benefits in abundance for Roman Hughes, but for you? I see only a path that sets you out to be 'modern' and that... that's dangerous!"

"It's only dangerous because we have never tried it! All the more families are slowly becoming like the Hughes, and the Richardsons, one of the strongest and oldest families can't follow that example? If we remain like this, we will be isolated! I am not trying to make us like them, I am only trying to help us lean towards them."
Verena knew well enough that Chris was not in the state of mind to understand the point she was making, but she only hoped that he would be able to see it before it was too late.

But as his hand shot out to grasp her wrist and his features darkened with worry, Verena looked at him weirdly. Christopher was freaking out way too much about this.

"Please tell me you didn't try to sleep with him, Verena?

Verena's eyes widened once more, and she frantically shook her head. Even if she wanted to, even if she wanted him to touch her again so badly, she was sane enough to know that there was no way she could have a fully sexual relationship with him, unless they were married. Verena had to remain pure and she knew that very well. She was not going to mess this up.

"You... know that you can't possibly take him to bed before you... you could never marry if someone found out..."

"I didn't, I won't! Chris, I am not going to blow up my only chance, I swear! I am not doing anything stupid, I just.. I.." But she didn't know what to tell him. She couldn't possibly tell him that she wanted to be the one to choose who she would marry. She couldn't tell him that she had a crush on Roman Hughes, and that she was touching him inappropriately just a couple of hours ago. No, Verena could simply not tell Chris that she wanted Roman to be her husband. To be hers and only hers. She would simply have to keep this a secret.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher]   The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 6:59 pm

Christopher listened to Verena's response and took the words in. He knew those who were not susceptible to change would eventually be left behind, there were examples in abundance of them in history. But, change was unnerving, even when you could work the odds to be in your favour. The Richardsons would be able to do so, that was their upper hand, but Christopher was still uneasy.

"It's not always that simple." Christopher replied to her side of the story - it wasn't an outright no to her suggestion, but it wasn't Christopher agreeing to his sister's ideas, either. He would need time to think it through, weigh up the possibilities of both paths, and then... then if Verena turned out to be right about these things, Christopher would try to make his father see it too, and... dare he say it, help Verena going forward.

As Verena explained - or rather tried to explain - what she had been doing (truthfully Christopher didn't want details) he could see that she wasn't one hundred percent sure. And she was playing with the most dangerous thing she possessed. Loosening his grip on her wrist until his hand pulled away, Christopher gave her a small apologetic look for being so brash, it wasn't normal for him to be physical like that, but he'd truly worried for his sister's future. That Roman Hughes had done the unthinkable to her...

"Just... don't put yourself in a situation where he could be mistaken, Verena. Men... we don't always think from the right place." He explained, it was outright rude of him, now, to be speaking like this to Verena, but he didn't care. "Don't encourage him, please. I won't tell father, but you have to... to keep your distance from Roman Hughes. For your own sake." Christopher insisted, before shaking his head because he couldn't believe his luck at having to have this conversation.

"I won't ask you again to stay away, Verena. If I find out... I will have to tell father." Christopher finished, giving her a very serious look that conveyed he meant those words. He wouldn't be telling their father for his own gain, either, he was sure Verena knew he would tell their father for her own sake. To keep her safe.

But only if she could not control herself in future.

He'd given her that much leeway.

With that, Christopher turned on his heel and began for the door. "Good night, Verena." He finished, moving off up the stairs to his room without another word. His head was spinning with questions, but he could not bring himself to ask her. She was still a virgin, that was all that mattered... right?
Back to top Go down

The Aftermath [Verena & Christopher]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2