Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  Empty
PostSubject: Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)    Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:37 pm

Ellie sighed, let her hair fall down against her neck, as she entered the Kitchens through the secret portrait. She'd a long tiring day, and she couldn't sleep. She'd listened quite carefully to every movement that echoed through the halls as she walked along them, avoiding whatever ghost or caretaker that was wandering loosely. She was wearing warm moccasins with fur lining to keep her toes warm, though she also wore fuzzy socks that she kept over her leggings. She had a beige tan knitted sweater that kept her warm that she enjoyed sleeping in and her wand tucked into the waistband of her tight leggings. She whispered the password to the portrait, and thanked her lucky stars for her ability to sneak about.

Security was up these days with some Professors taking shifts themselves to watch over the castle, but Ellie could be sly when she needed to be. As she entered the kitchen to a groggy house elf, she politely asked for a cup of Oolong tea and a chocolate biscuit to appease her hungry stomach. As she settled into a seat, she thought of the day's events.

Entrance Hall
Earlier That Day

"I think it's time we break up," Alexander said, rubbing the back of his head nervously. Ellie kept an impassive face, her arms crossed over her chest, but a sick chill ran up her spine.

"Is it now?" She couldn't help but antagonize him, she wanted to make him suffer just the slightest. "Did you want to break up with me before or after you kissed Josephine?" She watched with a disturbing sort of pleasure as Alex's uneasy face dropped into one of desperate guilt. She wasn't feeling sadness per se, but a deep kind of anger over being second to someone. She thought she'd been doing so well with him too: the gifts, meeting his parents, the laughter, the gushy-bullcrap that everyone seems to crave. She let a little bit of sadness drop over her face, a saddened, puppy that lost it's leg, and bit her lower lip.

"Gabby," Alex started, and Ellie resisted the urge to cast the nastiest hex she knew because Gods, she hated that nickname, "I'm so sorry that happened, it was just that with the attack-." She carries on the act, pulling her arms around herself and looking down at the ground.

"I looked for you," lie, her brain thinks and she whimpers, "after it all happened, I wanted to know that you were okay." She adds, her hair is shielding her face, and anybody that's passing by can see that she's "heartbroken." To be heartbroken, you had to be in love with the person, she thinks to herself. It isn't that she's fond of Alexander, because they'd been together for a while now, but she isn't in love with him. He's so bland, so dull, but she likes the gifts. She likes the attention. She likes the drama that's ensued so far since they started dating. What's really angering her right now, what's really hurting her, is that by all means her pride is damaged. Alexander will be seen as the winner because he'll have a girlfriend. And well, Ellie's never taken to being a loser well.

So she'll make a scene.

"How could you?" She lets tears fall, she's thinking about Katherina being sick or the worry that tied her into knots when she ran around the castle searching for her baby sister, "how could you cheat on me? Cheat on me with a girl who's taken?" Her voice raises a couple of octaves, and she hears sympathetic clucking. "I loved you," she says with a shaky voice. She continues to hold herself and lets tears fall as she thinks about how different she'd be feeling if she hadn't found Taela curled up in Caelan's arms. If she'd seen her sister in the hospital wing instead of the library... They overwhelm her and she's sobbing.

"Gabby," Alex's saddened, hurt voice registers, but she bats his hands away and takes a step back.

"Ellie?" A voice calls out behind her, she turns around and it's Phillip. Her head jerks up as she sees her siblings standing there in concern. Taela sports navy blue hair today, and it turns into a dark red whether or not she realizes it, and Caelan steps forward to draw her into his arms. She curls her face into his chest, lets him guide her away as Taela snickers while she hears a thud, and lets satisfaction fall over her as she thinks about the suckerpunch Phillip just delivered.

Well deserved, she thinks, as she loops her fingers through Taela's, well deserved, she echoes.

End Flashback

As she sips her tea, so lost in thought she doesn't hear the entrance of another person. There's a smirk on her face, her lips curled happily, as glee overcomes her. Already, she's received so many sympathetic gestures of kindness, undeserved truly, but well-received.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)    Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:57 pm

Jacques ear had, metaphorically, been to the ground since the attack. The attack that had caused a fair number of people to lose their lives, others to render injuries that would never fade, and panic amongst everyone. To say he'd enjoyed the moment would have been a vast understatement, but he'd kept that to himself. Jacques had not sought out his sister, nor the child who'd 'lovingly' been brought in to their family. No, Jacques had run in to the person who'd stirred the whole thing up, and been saved the drama of it all.

That person's secret was his, too. Leverage. Power.

Jacques ear had been close to the ground because he'd wanted to try to make sure he was aware of the next happening. For personal gain. But things had gone quiet.

Which resulted in Hogwarts becoming much more boring than normal, and twice as hard to do anything without being caught. Therefore, Jacques had not been able to retrieve his book on Dark Magic since the attack, because Merlin knew the teachers were looking for someone, or something, to put to the cause. This, however, did not stop Jacques from wandering the hall that evening. Heading down to the kitchens for a late night snack.

Specifically single cream filled profiteroles.

After slipping through the portrait, Jacques was about to launch in to his request to the House Elves when he came face to face with the one person who... perhaps had made the school slightly interesting since the attack. "Brennham." Jacques greeted the witch, amusement flickering through his tone in waves in that moment. "Come to drown your heartbreak in tea and biscuits? How very British of you." He mused, shaking his head as he took her in. "That would, of course, be believable if your relationship could ever have been considered as such... I mean, Alexander wasn't it? Was he even anyone to be frolicking about with?" Jacques asked, shaking his head.

"Profiteroles. Not the chocolate ones. Cream ones. Quickly." Jacques added to the elf, who bowed and hurried off as Jacques took a seat at the table that was set up in the kitchen. Taking Ellie in, the Slytherin couldn't help but smirk. She was the oddest witch of Pureblood background he'd ever met.

And that made her oddly intriguing.

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)    Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 3:50 am

Ellie knew that if she truly were hurt by Alexander’s decision she would’ve been immediately let her anger flow. Instead, she kept her composure, and kept her profile up. None of her siblings cared about keeping up the Brennham name; it felt like nothing to them truly, just a last name. But Ellie knew better. She knew their family held some prestige; her mother was the Head Ambassador for the England Ministry of Magic and her father was an acclaimed International Seeker for the team. Her father and mother were both purebloods, and although they were very much anti-pureblood supremacy, Ellie wasn’t quite sure she fit into that category of being a 100% anti-pureblood supremacy. She didn’t think it was a important thing to base her judgments off of, but she couldn’t deny for a substantial amount of time being a pureblood mattered.

It clearly held her above other people in life.

She pushed those thoughts out of her head as she used the tip of her index finger to swirl around the rim of the cup. At the sound of her last name being called, she couldn’t be more surprised at the person to say it.

Oh why if it isn’t Clement,” she breathed out in surprise, so caught up in her own thoughts she hadn’t noticed someone enter, she bit back a frown because people shouldn’t be able to sneak up on her like that. “Drown my heartbreak?” She couldn’t help but laugh. She grinned up at him. “Come sit with me, unless…” An expression of pure unadulterated fascination at a gossip-y interaction came over her face, "you’re meeting with someone else of course.” She winked. “I can keep a secret.

Please, Alexander was just a,” she tried to wrack her brain for an appropriate word, “hobby.” She settled on, and as shallow as it may have been to admit it, that’s truly what it came down to. Alex was a fun pastime, but he couldn’t quite captivate her her attention the way she thought others could. “What’re you doing here, so late, Jacques? And how did you manage to get down here?” She asked, taking another bite of her biscuit. Absentmindedly, she sucked the tip of her index finger free of all crumbs and chocolate.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)    Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 6:27 pm

The offer to sit with the Gryffindor was one Jacques considered for a moment before taking up a seat at her table. Ellie Brennham was, in Jacques opinion, hot headed. Difficult. Unnerving because he couldn't second guess her. And, more recently... rather attractive. Physically, at least. Even Jacques couldn't deny that the witch had that much going for her, if nothing else. Though, of course, he would never allow himself to admit to something like that.

"Even if I was meeting someone, which I'm not tonight, I wouldn't tell you in a month of Sundays." Jacques replied to the request of information. Ellie did not need to know that his comment of meeting someone was a bluff, Jacques was clever enough to fabricate stories for others to eat up. And everyone knew that girls loved gossip - even if it was all complete lies.

"A hobby... Crocodile tears then. Good. Felix will owe me the hundred galleons that we bet on." Jacques added, looking thoroughly pleased with himself. It was a trivial amount of money, but it would go towards many and more things, that was for sure. "Though, I must say I feel a tiny bit sorry for the boy. After all, neither of your were completely honest, and he was the one who ended up in the Hospital Wing. Most unfortunate, you could say..."

"I'm hungry. No other motive. And, by down here you mean the same floor as that I sleep on. It's quite easy to clock the movements of the prefects and professors. Especially when none of them have perfected moving silently along the hall." Jacques explained, shaking his head at the stupidity of the staff. His attention was taken, however, with the arrival of his profiteroles. Without thanking the elf, Jacques picked up one of the French delicacies and bit in to it carefully. Of course, cream poured out of the sides, but Jacques was mindful not to get it around his face.

Licking his lips after the bite, Jacques places the pastry down. "But, now that you're here, I guess I'm in for conversation too."

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)    Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 9:00 pm

Ellie wondered just when in life she deemed Jacques a nuisance. She wished she could say that it was his attitude, that his know-it-all, better-than-you, sneer pissed her off. But she hated to admit it, she sometimes purveyed that same attitude. She’d had plenty of people tell her that when they first met her, they were intimidated by her. She hated to admit it, but they probably had a very good reason to be intimidated by her. She truthfully, might even share a philosophy or two with Jacques, believed time spent with idiots was a time wasted. She’d indulge every now in then in spending time with a group of morons, just for the satisfaction and reminder of just how higher situated she was.

Well,” Ellie wanted to feel rebuffed or even offended, but she couldn’t help the sly smile, “I have to say, Clement, that I deem it my responsibility to know just who you might be meeting with, so I may warn the poor girl just the type of boy she’s sneaking out to meet.” The night was doing things to her head, she thought wildly surprised at just how teasing and even flirtatious a tone her voice had taken on.

Ellie nodded with his summary of her tears, fascinated by the rather colloquial term. “People made bets on whether they were real or not?” She asked in speculated fascination, “I have to ask that you not tell many they were fake, it’ll ruin the effect entirely.” She balanced her head on her hand atop the table between them, her eyes flashing a dangerous dare, “can you keep a secret, Jacques?” Her tone was teasing again, a light lilt of jokes.

She shrugged, “I will admit that the Slytherin’s are quite lucky to be so close to the Kitchens, it took me almost 30 minutes to get down here,” she frowned at the truth of her words. She paused, thinking about her next question, “do you have any summer plans this year?” She continued to sip her tea softly, enjoying the flavors swirling about her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)    Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 9:37 pm

"What type of boy?" Jacques challenged with a quirk of his eyebrow. "I'd love to pretend I had even an inkling of what you meant, Brennham. But I think your ideas are misguided." The Slytherin countered. After all, Jacques was not one to allow for idle gossip to be spread about him. There was only the information he wished to be public knowledge, and little else.

But, even Jacques could note the change in Ellie's voice in that moment, and inwardly... well, he was a little confused.

The word flirting came to mind, but Jacques could not comprehend why Ellie Brennham would possibly try that with him.

"Not people. Felix and I. He said he witnessed the whole thing. I told him you couldn't possibly have been sincere in your tears. He bet that they were real. He's not a very good loser, so cashing in may be difficult. Don't flatter yourself, Brennham, the whole school has not been conquered with idle gossip about you." Jacques told her with an air of satisfaction for having subtly put the Gryffindor witch back in her place.

"I can withhold a secret until it benefits me not to." Jacques replied to the question Ellie had posed. "I'm not sure if that counts, completely. But I have had some... people rely on my discretion." Jacques explained. Like the Hufflepuff witch from the attacks. She was hanging on Jacques good nature to not be turned in to the Ministry, but Ellie most certainly didn't need to know about that.

"Lucky." Jacques echoed noncommittally, picking up his profiterole once more and taking another bite out of it with care. He wasn't going to offer Ellie any of his food, that would be much too caring. For a moment, Jacques attention swayed from the witch, watching a house elf tidy up the bowls they'd used for the dessert in Jacques' hand.

He was brought back to her presence with the question of summer, and Jacques pulled a face to show that he didn't really know what his plans were. "Balls, I would imagine. The Ward my parents kindly took in will be of age the next school year, so they'll probably do her the favour of prancing her around for suitors. Not that anyone would want a girl like her." Jacques explained, shaking his head once. "Other than that, I would dare say I can ask Papa to allow me to go to the South of France, perhaps even Monaco. What about you and your army of Brennhams?"

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)    Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  EmptyTue Nov 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Ellie grinned.

There was a sort of charge in the air. It made her heart race and the hair stand on the back of her neck. She imagined this was how anyone felt standing off with a dragon. Now, Ellie was old enough to know the difference between good, steady boys who would drape their jackets over her shoulders, and kiss her on the cheek after the cheek and the other kind of boy. The kind of boy who’ll raise her eyebrow and ask her why she didn’t bring a jacket for herself, and will push her to the edge of her limits. Because that’s the sort of person Ellie is. She knows her limits, knows where her boundaries begin and end. She’ll never let a boy kiss her for more than she wants, but she’ll also never stay with a boy who she knows like the back of her hand. Boys become boring, and sometimes she wishes she were like her older brother, Caelan, who had just recently came out as bisexual. He got to eat on both sides of the plate.

Are you considering yourself above the status of a boy?” She asked, looking at her empty cup with a softer raise of her brow. She waved over at one of the House Elves, and politely asked for more. She said nothing about her ideas misguided, just smiled and shrugged because truth be told, maybe she was completely wrong about Jacques. Maybe he was just a guarded man with absolutely none of the interesting substance that she was looking for.

That’s a relief,” she reached for her biscuit, “do you often find yourself gambling? If so then, must say that’s quite the hobby. I imagine no Prefect would like to hear about that sort of behavior.” She couldn’t help the next question that came out of her mouth. “Are you the type to test your limits, Jacques?

She watched him eat his eclairs-cream puffs? She couldn’t quite remember what he called them, but that’s what they looked like to her-with a slight note of impression, and a slight flush of her cheeks. He ate cleanly without making a mess, which she couldn’t even admit that she wasn’t able to do. There was a sort of movement with his lips, the motion of his tongue... she let out a breath and switched her eyes to the flittering House Elves. She thanked the House Elf for her tea, and the extra biscuits, though she wasn’t sure she could the three again.

Balls?” Her eyes lit up with a bright amusement. “That’s right, you’re a Clement…” A sort of dissatisfaction filled her, she’d read the books, seen the papers, knew just who Caramarienne was. “Caramarienne Florelle, that’s your ward correct? And a girl like her, what kind of girl is she exactly?” She asked, nibbling from a biscuit, as she started to jiggle her leg. She smiled a bit as he referred to his father as ‘papa’, but said nothing just thought about her own plans. “I’m not quite sure what my army has in store. Traveling most likely. Ever been across the pond?"

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)    Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  EmptyTue Nov 22, 2016 8:33 pm

"I was asking you what you were referring to as the 'kind of boy' you think I am." Jacques replied. He was not going to rise to the bait of confirming he was a boy, or whatever it was Ellie wanted. He was intrigued, however, with what kind of boy she thought he was. What image he gave off. Because Merlin knew that if it wasn't what he wanted to be perceived as, he was going to have to do some work on that.

The question of gambling made Jacques lips twitch slightly. The Slytherin was not a serial gambler, but he'd dabbled in a few bets in the past. "I only gamble when I know I'll win, so I don't think you can really call that gambling. More... taking money from stupid people." Jacques explained. His confidence was often misconstrued as arrogance, he knew that. Sometimes he was arrogant, of course, it came with his family name. But, Jacques was nothing short of confident in his abilities. "As to what the prefects think... They have to catch me doing the bets before they can admonish my actions."

Ellie's question made Jacques pause, though, eyeing her for a moment. He was trying to guess where this was going, truth be told. Conversation about unimportant things was easy, came naturally - if not overly tiresome - but this question was rather more personal. "Isn't that what limits are for? Rather much like rules? If you don't push, test, and manipulate them, how could you possibly grow as a person? How could you learn more? Be more?" Jacques asked, though of course his question was rhetorical. "A person who doesn't push their limits is a person who is not living."

"Cara isn't my ward. She is my parents ward." Jacques corrected Ellie as the question is raised to him. It didn't matter that it was a subtle mistake, it was a mistake and had to be corrected. "She's the kind of girl who wasn't really anything of note. And landed on her feet through the kind heart of ma mère. Had she not, Cara would be living with her brother in his stupid orphanage. In France. Away from my family. She's..." Jacques shook his head. His body language showed he did not like the witch in the slightest. "She will be spending money that is not hers, that is mine, to find her a husband who will likely be much too good for her and I can assure you, she will not appreciate it." Jacques finished, glowering at his profiterole in distaste before pushing the rest away from himself.

"Of course I've been to the United States of America, but I can't fathom for a moment why anyone would wish to waste their time on such an unsophisticated punch of people. It's bad enough when Papa has to entertain the ambassadors with their awful accents." Jacques explained, his distaste for America quite clear. "I'd personally rather head down to South Africa, Monaco, or perhaps even Dubai. Not that hell hole." He finished, leaning over the table to take up one of Ellie's biscuits.

"What are these?" He asked, taking a bite from the biscuit before Ellie could answer.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)    Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2016 2:12 am

Ellie tapped her chin in interest. She liked that he was keeping up on the subject at hand. Most of the time, boys their age hardly had the ability to keep up with her. Or at least to keep their attention focused on the topic they were speaking about. She smiled.

Surely you’ve heard from one or two of your little admirers about the reputation you have,” on the word ‘admirers’ her voice dripped saturated false sweetness. She grinned. She knew what kind of reputation she held, before dating Alex, she was the only Brennham girl. She tended to walk around as if she had a tiara on her head. Even she was dating Alex, she held that kind of spoiled air that nothing could effect her. It wasn’t as if anything effected her, she just held her composure like it didn’t. That was just who she was. People didn’t need to know how she truly felt because it wasn’t relevant to their life.

You knew I was faking,” she turned her entire attention onto him, she couldn’t read him, and that was fine by her. It kept him entertaining. “And how did you suppose I was faking my tears, was my performance not convincing?” She asked curiously. She’d have to work on that if she truly wasn’t convincing. It almost upset her that she hadn’t convinced him of her feelings about breaking up with Alexander. It didn’t matter how deep down she searched inside of her, she couldn’t muster a more genuine emotion of affection. She liked Alex, but not too much. She was fond of the gifts, fond of the company, no matter how… Dull it was. Their dates consisted of going to libraries, art shows, museums. Which were interesting, yes, and nice to have pictures of, but nothing that she did that kept her interest for too long. Those kinds of dates didn’t mean she had to interact with anyone. Alex didn’t take the time to get to know her, just be around her: enjoyed her wit, but never battled with her. It was almost like they were always at arm’s length with each other.

Very true,” she noted when he commented on being ‘caught’. That’s what made a criminal a criminal wasn’t it? Whether or not they got caught. She watched in fascination as he spewed out rhetorical questions. Now, she completely agreed with him, but she wanted to know just how deeply he felt about the topic.

But what about the purpose of rules and limits? Are they not to keep order, keep tidiness within a society? I mean, if everyone pushed their limits, wouldn’t that make our society one of chaos?” She asked, leaning forward, a gleam of fascinating twinkling in her eyes. “I agree that they’re not living, but isn’t that person surviving in that case?

She listened to Jacques explain his-oops not his-parent’s ward to her. She bit back another grin, she enjoyed watching Jacques get riled up. She’d never met Cara, so she’d reserve her own opinion for another time, but it was quite clear that Jacques held her in a low, almost lower than dirt regard. “I see, is it almost like you’ve adopted her?” She asked, curiosity piqued at the idea of this girl living such a life of luxury. Envy wrung out in side of her, though she said nothing about it.

Now, she’d kept her cool on account of her terrific day, because besides Jacques and Taela it wasn’t as if anyone knew that she was faking it the entire time. Except, she could not stand by as he bashed America.

It definitely is not a hell-hole. Far from it, it’s a place of nuanced culture and beautiful scenery at the heart of it with one goal of freedom from oppression.” She spouted off, her hands fisting the material of her cable knit sweater, letting out a heavy sigh and running a hand through her hair. She eyed him as he ate one of her biscuits, secretly glad he was doing so.

Just biscuits, bread-y texture, soft and it just melts in your mouth, the chocolate compliments the sweetness,” she let out a happy sigh, “cream puffs don’t really seem like your type of snack. Do you have a favorite food?"
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)    Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 11:59 am

No matter if he pushed, Ellie was not going to say whatever it was other people believed. Though, Jacques had an inkling, of course. He had a lot of power, money, and he was very difficult to read. There was an allure about him that a lot of girls in the school could not resist, but Jacques didn't like the easy game. This made the rumours grow, he was very aware, and the ones that boosted his sexual prowess in a manner he liked... well, he did not shut them down.

Most of such rumours, of course, had been centralised, distributed and created by one girl. Eloise.

Eloise loved to pretend they were something more than they were. There had been a couple of... more intimate moments, but she had scaled it up to a lot more. If people like to listen to the rumours, then Jacques could not stop them. But it was amusing to listen to. "You almost sound jealous, Brennham." Jacques replied to her comment on his admirers. He didn't mind riling the Gryffindor up a little if he had to, in fact, it was rather fun getting under Ellie Brennham's skin.

"I didn't see your performance." Jacques explained to the witch with a smile. "Felix believed you, without a second thought. As I'm sure the small crowd who gathered around when you started the commotion. I simply used the logic of him being a Halfblood and the fact that you surely couldn't have been as stupid as to love him." He finished, he wouldn't explain why that was stupid, he was sure Ellie knew his opinion enough to make her own conclusions. Unless she really was that stupid to throw her name away like that...

"Rules are for... the lower classes. Like the French mass of people. We impose rules on them, and yet live like Kings in a country that long since 'dethroned' our kind." Jacques explained. "Only the powerful, the unopposed can push the limits, rules, regulations as they see fit. If everyone did, it would be chaos. But, you specifically asked me if I pushed the rules. And that is your answer." Jacques replied, smirking a little bit because Ellie had mistaken his words for including everyone.

"Kind of. Except she doesn't get our family name. She's merely... someone who lives with us, I guess. Elenore, however, calls Caramarienne her sister without batting an eyelid. Ma mère is fond of her, too, which therefore means I have to pretend to be civil in her company." Jacques explained, shaking his head a little at the situation. "She's treated like a Clement by everyone else, I suppose. But she's not. And she never will be."

His comments on Amercia seemed to rile Ellie up, though, and Jacques couldn't contain his amusement. She was a tightly wound spring just waiting to off. "People are allowed different opinions, Brennham. You don't need to ball your fists because mine differs." Jacques told her, dropping in the fact that he could see her reaction to him, and that she needed to try harder to be open minded of others. "I prefer a richer history, ancient history, not two hundred and fifty years, and brand spanking new buildings."

Savouring the taste of the biscuit and taking in the tastes Ellie described, Jacques swallowed the bite he'd taken. "I've tasted better." He offered in way of his verdict, taking another bite and allowing the taste to be savoured for another moment. Swallowing once more, Jacques arched an eyebrow at the words 'cream puff'. "You're so American." He laughed softly, shaking his head. "They're profiteroles. They're French. These ones are cream based, not chocolate. And they're my favourite dessert. You think I wouldn't eat these... because they're messy? Merlin Brennham, what do you take me for?" Jacques shook his head.

"Just because I'm a Clement, does not mean I don't know how to have fun, and get messy." He concluded, taking the last mouthful of biscuit, chewing and swallowing. "But, you'd have to be more open minded to have seen that." Jacques teased, turning his attention to the house elves. "Water." He instructed, waiting for Ellie's ever foreseeable come back to arrive.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)    Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Midnight Rendezvous (Jacques & Ellie)
Page 1 of 1