Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Midnight Coffee Trip (James) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Midnight Coffee Trip (James) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Midnight Coffee Trip (James) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Midnight Coffee Trip (James) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Midnight Coffee Trip (James) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Midnight Coffee Trip (James)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Midnight Coffee Trip (James) Empty
PostSubject: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 3:12 am

Winter hated the jokes that came every time the seasons changed from autumn to winter. They were absolutely ridiculous. In the middle of the night, nearing midnight, Winter had been standing in the center of her kitchen trying to brew a cup of coffee, but there had sadly been none in her pantry. As it was usual, Winter grabbed her jacket and headed out to the nearest shop, one that she knew closed a little after the early hours. Walking toward the shop, she kept her hands on the pockets of her jacket, her hood up, and tried to ignore the fact that nothing she was wearing at the moment matched. It had been an impromptu trip, so she wasn't as concerned as she should have been when she walked out of her house. As she reached the store, she saw the teenaged girl that was usually working the night shift and gave her a smile.

"Hey Sara, how's tonight going?" Winter greeted the girl, taking her hands out of her pockets to pull her hood down. The girl rolled her eyes in a joking manner, "It's insanely busy, as it normally is at this time." Winter let out a small laugh, glad to know the girl was still in a good mood despite the fact that there was practically no one else in the shop and it was way too late for her to be awake. "I'll be quick, then." Winter replied before heading towards the coffee - aisle number 5. She knew this small store by hand, and she was sure that not many wizards came by. After all, Winter lived in what was probably the most muggle-esque neighborhood. London wasn't her hometown, but many people in Nottingham had magic and that was something that even though she loved, she wanted to be away from. Winter spent too much time in the magic world already that a break from that life was a breath of fresh air, even if it was as simple as taking a quick trip to a muggle shop.

She was looking over the brands of coffee, running her fingers through all the containers for fun before her eyes settled on the one she always bought. It was on the top shelf, as usual, so Winter got on her tip toes and reached out for the box. After successfully reaching it, Winter smiled to herself. Every time she came here she ended up destroying something, so a huge part of her was proud she hadn't messed anything up so far. With the box of coffee in hand, she turned around the corner only to find herself in front of a cart loaded with boxes that needed to be stocked. Naturally, she accidentally walked right into it. "Ow..." Winter's groan faded out, as it actually wasn't as painful as anything else she had suffered. Still, she placed her hand over her stomach as if that would make it hurt less. Looking back at the box she was holding, Winter sighed. Well, at least she hadn't tipped the cart over. Winter walked around the cart and immediately saw a familiar figure further down the aisle. Her awkwardness kicked in as she realized it was James. What the hell was someone like James doing in a place like this? And at night, no less! So close to midnight!

Actually, she didn't want an answer. She had heard enough about people like him - the typical heartbreaker/sexy bad boy every girl seemed to fall head over heels over. After that little fact was made known to her, she had made it her purpose to distance herself from him because she was 100% sure she was going to be one of those sappy girls as well. In short, he was probably buying protective measures and she really did not need to know that. She stood in the middle of the aisle, though, as awkwardly as ever, and debated whether to keep walking the way she had been doing and eventually walk right past him or to turn around and pretend she was looking for something else until he left the shop.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 7:56 pm

James was restless that evening, Scotland was boring, and thus he had gotten away. Down to London for the evening to see some friends before heading back up. He'd had a couple of drinks, not that anyone would know as he was still perfectly in control of himself, before he'd excused himself from the group to get home.

However, just as he left the bar, he'd remembered he needed a couple of things for his apartment. A few essentials, and had popped in to the near by supermarket that was still open. His basket consisted of the daily essentials and in that moment, he was looking through the cereals trying to decide which was the best for his new diet regime.

He'd been deciding between two boxes when the sound of a small crash met his ears, and the wizard looked up, noting a woman being a little clumsy and thinking nothing of it. Turning back to the cereal, James tried to concentrate for a few moments longer but the notion of being watched held him in that moment. Giving himself one more second, James looked up once more to see the woman still stood in the aisle, but looking at him.

But, it wasn't just any woman.

Letting out a soft laugh to himself at the irony of running in to his colleague, James turned towards the witch. "Winter, how... odd to see you here." James commented, taking in her mismatched looking and smirking a little to himself. "Dressed for the occasion too, I see." He added, motioning to her clothes. His own were an expensive suit, so he would not be getting any reprimand on the wardrobe department, of that much he was sure.

"Could the coffee not wait until the morning?" He asked, picking up one of the cereals and putting it in the basket he had started. Finished, finally. He thought to himself, though he made no effort to head to the till to pay.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 5:07 pm

Okay, so maybe Winter wasn't as sublte as she thought she was. It was as if James could feel her looking at him, which wasn't as surprising because Winter was seriously meaning towards the option of leaving and pretending she hadn't recognized him. But the thing was that he had recognized her. Of course, James' laugh was as enchanting as ever, but Winter was determined to not let it get to her. They were, after all, adults. Straightening her jacket, she gave a reply to his comment. "Not really. I mean, I live here." As soon as the words left her lips, she realized how strange it actually sounded. "I mean, not here here, but in the city."

When he commented on her attire, Winter shrugged a little. "It's not like I'm going to be seducing anyone or something." Wait. Seriously, Winter?! Her brow furrowed as she realized how silly she actually sounded EVERY TIME she had to talk to James. It was ridiculous. He, of course, was dressed elegantly and - not trying to offend him - like a bit of a show off. Surely he must know that it was a supermarket but the reality was that unlike Winter, James had probably come here from some sort of party or personal meeting. Maybe even a transactional meeting.

It took her a second to fully understand his question, and when she did she let out a small laugh. Looking down at the box in her hand, she said, "I'm a big stay-up-all-night kind of person, I guess, so no. It couldn't." Glancing at his basket, she saw the typical stuff, and raising her eyebrow slightly, she commented, "I'm guessing your cereal couldn't wait until morning either?" Worse yet, it was not a sugary, delicious cereal. At least it didn't look like it. Winter almost died on the inside because how could anyone not eat sugary stuff for breakfast? Or lunch or dinner or snacks or anytime of day.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 5:42 pm

As usual, Winter seemed a little flustered in his presence, or at least looked to be as her first sentence backfired on her with the notion of idiocy. Living in a supermarket, well that was new, and his lips already moved in to that of amusement as she corrected herself. He'd known, of course, that she hadn't meant she lived here, but correcting herself was just as funny. "Now, I could have been sure you lived here..." James mused, not bothering to hide his smile that showed he was teasing her in that moment.

The comment on seducing someone in those clothes made James raise an eyebrow, shaking his head at the woman before him. "Well, I would suggest that would be a very wise decision." He told her, being blunt as he so often would be.

The night time person comment was probably a given, but James didn't say anything on the topic, instead noticing how she was looking over his purchases. "I've got to be up early in the morning, so I'm just getting my supplies for the morning before I head home for the night." James told her with a small shrug, picking out some tea for the morning that would be served well without milk or sugar. A bland diet was one thing that could be said for James, though mostly because the sugars didn't help with his physique.

"So, these are your neck of the woods, couldn't have said I would have put you as living here." James continued, motioning to the town outside the window.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 6:29 am

James' smile made her feel better, despite the fact that she was trying not to be better. It meant he was joking, or so she suspected, and she could deal with that. She returned the smile, to show that she wasn't being a stuck up, that  she could take a joke. "I know it's not a wise decision." She said, her voice lowering so that nobody she didn't know couldn't hear. "Besides, come one, me? Doing something like that?" She laughed a little, because it was pretty obvious Winter wasn't interested in that. Finding someone attractive and, well, actually acting on it was different. "I think it's safe to say that I'm probably the only one who doesn't hit on anyone at bars." Truthfully - and she didn't tell him this - Winter had only been to a bar about three times, and those three times she had been with River, which wasn't exactly the proper environment.

"Oh." Winter said softly, because she didn't think it would be very nice to keep him up. "Well, I hope you enjoy your cereal..." she offered him a genuine smile, not longer caring about trying to be strong. Hey, there were coworkers, they were bound to see each other on a constant basis and Winter couldn't be flustered forever. However, she decided to stay when he motioned to the city visible through the windows. Shrugging, she found that she really had no words for London. "Yeah..." she began, "This isn't exactly me, but it's the present me, I would say." She waited a second, to make sure that he understood her unintentional riddles. Seriously, if Winter ever won an award it could be one for Most Confusing Person Alive because most of the time she had a very hard time wording her thoughts.

Since neither of them had made any actual movement, indication that they were ready to pay, Winter asked, "Do you need help? In spicing up your breakfast, I mean." She clearly didn't have a filter. "Personally, what you have there is too bland. Not that it matters, I suppose, but maybe I can make some suggestions."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 3:10 pm

"It's a good thing we're not at a bar then, isn't it?" James teased the witch, who was obviously confused with her surroundings if she was saying such things. Or, of course, she was trying to make a dig at him, though she knew nothing about him. Whether it was true or not, James would not say, after all, no woman wished to know she was one of many.

The somewhat confusing line about this being the current Winter brought a small frown to James' features, but he pushed it off a moment later, not interesting in working out what she was trying to say. Instead, he went for the non-committal. "So it seems."

"Do you need help? In spicing up your breakfast, I mean."

Managing to keep himself from chuckling, James moved a little closer to the witch in that moment, playing the different lines in his head as he tried to decide on the one to work with. "Is that an offer?" James asked the witch, stopping in front of her and well... admiring the witch before him who was quite stunning. There was a devilish look in the man's eyes, almost encouraging in the way he looked at her. "I'm sure... well, you could make anything more appetizing." James continued, his lips settling in to a smile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:15 pm

"It is, believe me." she said, thinking about all the things she could and most likely would do if she were in that environment. "I would pretty much embarrass you as the worst wingman ever." She said, "Or...wingwoman?" She wasn't entirely sure what the term was, so she just let her words trail off. "Anyway, that's kind of why my brother doesn't let me go to bars with him." She gave him a goofy smile, thinking back on how many miserable dates River had had because of her. She just couldn't help getting flustered around people, let alone if they were intimidating, and River didn't exactly go to the most respectable places. Not that James needed to know that, but it was worth pointing out as she didn't want to confuse him. Even though she probably was.

Scratching the inside of her wrist, Winter became a bit uncomfortable. Even more so, when James moved closer. "Well, yeah." She shrugged. "I mean you have nothing sweet in that basket of yours!" She motioned to the items, all healthy and gross, in Winter's opinion. Just the way he looked at her seemed, well....wrong. She wasn't sure if she liked that she was being looked at that way, or if she really just wanted to walk away and not show up anywhere near the dungeons at work. It wasn't that she hadn't been looked at that way before, because she had - she wasn't hidden under a rock. The difference between this time and the rest was that she had actually been in a relationship with the guy, and James was someone she definitely couldn't picture in that position.

Instead, Winter laughed awkwardly when he said she could make anything more appetizing. "Not really, I suck at cooking." She declared, still unsure of what was really running through her mind at the moment. "BUT!" She took a step back in a moment of uncertainty. "I can suggest some really good cereals to help you break out of...well, whatever diet you're on." She smiled. She really needed to learn how to control herself. It was no secret that she had immediately been infatuated with James - even from the moment they met - but it also wasn't a secret that James had never thought of her that way.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 10:34 am

The thought of having a wingman - well, except for Roman - or even a wingwoman made James' lips curl up in amusement. "I do quite well for myself, I don't think I'd have need of your services in that department." James replied, being more than a little honest in that respect. Unlike most men, James was quite happy talking to women, and there was very little James needed in regards to help.

Well, perhaps a little tact when he was drunk, but in this moment, he wasn't drunk.

This witch, however, was different. She didn't fall for the charm, nor did she take up the excruciatingly obvious offers that James played to her. Honestly, she was a little confusing. Seeing her take a step away from him, James took the hint, playing it off as an unlucky evening.

"And what if I like my cereal? And what if my diet is what keeps me looking so... fine, in your eyes?" James asked, testing her reaction for calling her out on liking him. The way she acted at times suggested... well, James wasn't sure what it suggested, but he was quite sure it wasn't normal behaviour for the witch.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 5:27 pm

Winter could argue further that she was actually better than people thought, but she didn't. Mostly, she didn't want to push it and talking to him in the middle of the aisle was uncomfortable. Not to mention she was actually tired. Something told her that from the tone in his voice, she should have been at least midly offended, but she wasn't. Winter didn't expect him to be awkward, because from the times they had spoken he had never been. If anything, she was the one calling the elephant into the room.

Winter just wasnt one to give into temptation, so she figured that was the biggest barrier when it came to understanding James. A part of her wanted to be like him, because the way Winter saw it - James was one of those leather-jacket-wearing men who had an alternative rock theme song as they went around breaking hearts, and there was something admirable about them because they were confident. Something Winter had never been.

And it was mostly because of that that she couldn't talk to him. Because she wasn't sure if she was actually interested in him as a person or if she was actually - in a twisted sort of way - looking up to him. Winter was about to say that his cereal was bland, and that if he liked bland things he might as well live off air alone, but then he just flat out said what Winter hoped he didn't know. Blinking, Winter stayed quiet for a beat, trying to figure out what she could do or say. She let out a small, awkward laugh.

"Ha. Says who?" That was probably the worst thing to say, but she wasn't going to give him time to actually answer that question. "You know, I'm not really into body builders." she pointed out. Because, well...James was huge. "But, I mean, if that's what you're into..." Was that a sudden moment of sassy confidence? It seemed like it. But it didn't last, as Winter went back to her normal self. "I'm not saying you're not attractive, because I'm sure lots of people think you are, I mean I hear that lots of people think you are." Shut up, Winter. "But...you know."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 5:37 pm

The 'says who' comment made James exhale sharply - almost a snort, but not quite. There wasn't any time to reply to her words, but James knew that perhaps the witch was a little more drawn to him that she was willing to admit in that moment.

Body building? James frowned a little at the choice of likeness the witch had gone for. He was muscular, yes, but not a body builder - unless they were confusing meanings in that moment. "I'd say I'm in to many things." James replied, giving a small shrug, though his eyes were playful in that moment, allowing her to take that to mean whatever she wanted it to, truth be told.

The sassy side of her was new, but James liked it, truth be told - though of course he wouldn't admit that.

A moment later, however, the Winter he knew was back. "You know, many people who babble along are said to be trying to hide something." James prompted the witch, his smirk back in full force now. "You could just stop trying to deny what you're feeling and come clean. Stop holding yourself back. There's no shame in honesty."

Whether she would take the bait of his words, James did not know, but he did, in a manner, hope that she would take it. If only for one night, because he really wanted to see what happened to the bimbling conversationalist before him when you got closer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) Empty

Back to top Go down

Midnight Coffee Trip (James)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next