Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Josie LeBlanc

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Midnight Coffee Trip (James) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Midnight Coffee Trip (James) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Midnight Coffee Trip (James) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Midnight Coffee Trip (James) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Midnight Coffee Trip (James) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Midnight Coffee Trip (James)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Midnight Coffee Trip (James) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 7:36 pm

Was that a snort? Maybe...but, from James? Winter held back a smile. She saw him frown, but Winter didn't see a reason. She didn't understand why, unless she was confusing him again. It was rather possible, because Winter talked too much and sometimes too fast. Winter was thankful she wasn't related to James because her family had a tendency to make fun of her for that, and she wasn't sure she could handle any other human doing so. Though because she rarely knew James, she highly doubted he would be that much of a jerk. That kind for jerkness was somehow always shared in DNA.

Tilting her her a little to the side, Winter said, "Too many? I really only see you interested in women." It was a well known fact that Winter didn't have a filter. Really, nobody in her family had one. But she tried not to come off as rude, and she wondered if James would take offense to her words. Maybe not, though, because he didn't seem like that type of person. But then again, she didn't know him very well. They weren't friends.

And then he was talking too fast. Or at least it seemed like that to Winter. She let out another awkward laugh, a bit louder this time. "I'm an open book." she smiled, trying to find something funny in the way he was smirking but failing. There was nothing funny in the way he was smirking. Just a bunch of powerful vibes that sent her hormones into overdrive. There's no shame in honesty? Really. "There's a lot of shame in honesty. If you're me." she said. Awkwardly glancing to the cereals and picking up theost sugary one she could find. She might as well take one home. "I'm a mess. She admitted. Full honesty. And she was sure he had a bit of influence on that. At least tonight.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 9:02 pm

The comment on women brought a small smile to James' lips. Of course he was interested in women, but he didn't think that had been the initial insinuation Winter had been making. Oh well, the Potions Professor thought, deciding to let it go because he simply could not be bothered to try and point out her consistency was lacking in that moment. Again.

James watched as she moved for the cereals, not caring for which brand she'd picked because he knew that it would be some sugary kind that she'd been speaking of earlier. No, he was watching her specifically to see how she was fairing. Almost every single time he'd seen Winter, she'd been clumsy, or falling over herself in front of him.

"I'm a mess."

"Indeed, it seems to be a recurring theme when I'm around." James replied to the witch's words with a small chuckle. "So would you like to tell me what goes on in the beautiful head of yours when I'm around, or are you going to keep playing the tease every time we happen on one another?"

It was stupidly bold of James to call her out, but honestly he wanted to know where this was going, if anywhere at all because he was fed up of chasing. If this wasn't a prospect, James would give up on it, after all, there was no point in chasing after something you were never going to get.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 5:46 am

Winter was rarely offended when it came to people point in out her flaws, but somehow hearing that from James made her shrink back into a million insecurities. She sort of laughed when he said she was a mess when he was around, because how funny was that? "No, I mean, generally." She said, "I tend to not think my words through, so they sometimes come off as gibberish and it's just not the kind of vibe I want to give off because first impressions are everything and I never seem to say the right thing and-" she stopped herself, because she had just realized...that James wasn't talking about that. He didn't mean she was a mess because she was always talking nonsense. He meant she was a mess because he was around.

Blinking, Winter looked at him. Winter had never been playing the tease, as he put it. Of course she liked him, that wasn't a secret, but her chances were one in a million and she wasn't much of a risk-taker. At least not anymore. She had a job and reputation to protect. "I'm not...I mean, I'm not playing anything." Winter said, her voice a little weak. "I mean, I don't have anything to play." What was going on in her head when he was around? Certainly nothing she remembered. It was always an in-the-moment thought trian. She stared at him for a few beats, because even though she knew he must know about what she thought of him, she had never expected him to flat out ask her.

"If you really want to know, it's mostly things I need to do, things I have done, and how incredible you look in a suit." She said, complete honesty, as he wanted. "And pretty much anything you wear, I suppose. Though I think I think I've only seen you in a suit." She tried to imagine him wearing sweatpants or something more common, but it was hard. She thought abouttbwhat else she thought of during those moments, and added, "I'm also trying to not injure myself too badly when you're around because that would be pretty embarrassing." For some reason, Winter had taken the question a little too literally.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 7:27 pm

James' smirk only continued to grow as the witch tried to explain herself. For an intelligent witch - which James was sure Winter was with her job - she really did make herself look rather silly at times. Though, James quite liked that, he liked knowing that when he was around women simply lost themselves because of him.

The compliments were old news. He'd heard all of that before, the standard reply came to his lips, and then dissipated because he simply couldn't be bothered to say it again.

"Maybe you're not playing." James replied once she was done with the whole speech she had made up on the spot. "But you are still here... talking gibberish." He pointed out, moving closer to the witch once more, one hand moving to just underneath her chin, pressing it gently up to look at it.

"So much uncertainty with you all the time." The man whispered to the witch, eyes searching hers in that moment as he tried to make up his mind of what to do with this one...

Leaning down, James pressed his lips very gently to Winter's, a taster, if you like for what he could offer her if she gave him the chance. But he didn't hold it, he knew the witch had pride enough not to be caught doing such things in the middle of the night, in a shop that didn't offer such things.

"So why don't you come back to mine?" James proposed, still speaking softly. "You know that you've been holding back, and I certainly don't mind helping you... relax. That is what you've always wanted, isn't it? A night with me." He mused, trying to call her bluff.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 12:55 am

Winter hadn't actually tried to compliment him. The suit comment had been merely on impulse, like much of what she was saying just now. However, she couldn't take it back because that would be even more pathetic. Instead, she gave him half a smile, a forced one. "Well, I'm still here because you clearly needed help with you boring cereals and..." Winter stopped, the feeling of James' hand on her skin was too much for her brain at the moment. "And, well...you're.." Had she been in all of her senses, Winter would have said he was still here so therefore he must have had something going as well.

James didn't seem like the type that stayed just for conversation. Although, given Winter's usually comical behavior she suspected he might just want to stick around for his own entertainment. Like a school girl, Winter completely avoided James' gaze. If she actually looked at him, her knees might just give out. Looking down at her own stuff, the cereal and the coffee, Winter was about to do the one thing that she had always been scared of. She was about to ask him out. Well, she was scared of asking anyone out, really, but James made things ever more weird. Going on a date at sixteen was way different than going on dates at twenty-three.

But then he kissed her. Sort of. It was a kiss, wasn't it? It was very gentle, very quick, but a kiss nonetheless. When James pulled back it took her a second to gather her thoughts and emotions. His words sounded like gibberish now but when Winter caught what he was saying, her eyes widened with disbelief. After stuttering for a second, real words finally came out. "Excuse you?" Winter wasn't one to go home with guys, especially guys who she wasn't actually dating. "I am not a casual thing, James." It may have been obvious, but Winter was offended.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 9:03 pm

The idea of needing help with his cereals only made the smirk on James' lips grow in that moment. Who, exactly, was she trying to fool with all that bullshit? However, he didn't call her out for it, because it was amusing watching Winter fall over herself again for reasons he simply could not fathom.

"And I'm?" James prompted as her sentence cut off. He didn't expect an answer, he just found it a good source of teasing, prompting people when their words failed them was a good game. Especially when they grew more tongue-tied because of it.

Calling Winter's bluff, however, seemed to have been a mistake on his part. It was a delayed reaction, oh yes, but a reaction he had not wanted to be present for. He'd hoped that reaction would come tomorrow morning, after the witch had left. At herself, for being talked in to things much too easily.

But the look came too soon.

"Excuse you?"

James raised an eyebrow at the question, before the statement came. Then, a small sigh, a small, amused sigh left his lips. Verging on a small laugh, but not quite materialising in that moment. "Every girl is a casual thing, Winter." James replied, his tone serious, and yet reflecting hers in a manner much too close to mocking.

The potions professor couldn't see why she would be offended with casualty. "Everyone does it." He added a moment later, waiting for her to take the bait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Coffee Trip (James)   Midnight Coffee Trip (James) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Midnight Coffee Trip (James)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2