Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

Jake Newbury, Josie LeBlanc

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)  Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)  Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)  Empty
PostSubject: The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)    The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)  EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 9:01 am

Ellie smiled. She loved this place as if it where her second home. Hogwarts was of course her first, and then her home home.. but..ya. Weasley a Wizard Wheezes was her home. She loved shopping here for supplies for her pranks for the school year. She loved thinking about pulling them and seeing people's reactions. It was the high light of her day. Of course, she wouldn't go and try them out in "the field" without testing them first. Considering she was an only child, and her mother being the only one who lived at home with her... her mother was the only test subject available. She knew she gave her mother a run for her money, but how else was she supposed to make friends?

Sure it would be nice to find friends who appreciated her pranks and wanted to do them HER way. Otherwise it was no fun. They had no purpose. Ellie grabbed whatever she could carry. Money was no object. She had been saving since she was eleven knowing that fifth year would be her year. The year of pranks. The year of making friends.ellie had a hard time making friends. Her mother worried about Ellie for that reason, but Ellie assured her that she was going to change things up this year. This year She would make at least one friend and it would be all fine. It was time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)    The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)  EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 9:17 am

Max was quite excited for the holidays, Elyah and her dad had invited him to go on holiday with them - someplace warm that he couldn't remember the name of now - and he'd accepted. Now, he was just counting down the days until he was going to be going.

Before then, however, his parents had insisted that he make sure he had everything he needed for the next school year. Which, to Max, was an absolute bore. Why did he have to do menial tasks like shopping when he could be out playing. Or looking up new animals, or... just anything that wasn't shopping.

Max, of course, had gotten distracted whilst doing that, and had found himself in the Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. Max wasn't a prankster, not by a long shot, he was merely inquisitive. And the brightly coloured boxes of the joke shop were too distracting not to look. He'd been moving through the rows upon rows of jokes, wondering whether there was anything fun that wouldn't hurt too much. Maybe something for Elyah...

The 'Comb-a-Chameleon' caught Max's attention, thinking that the owner's of the shop had endangered an animal. Picking up the box, Max read through it quickly, before letting out a light laugh. This sounded cool. He was going to get this for Elyah.

The trouble was, however, that Max was reading and walking. Not concentrating. And he walked straight in to someone, rather clumsily. Not hard enough to knock the person over, but hard enough to make them have to catch themselves.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" Max said, his hand shooting out to catch the witch and help steady her. "I wasn't looking where I was going. You see this box was quite funny. And I should have stopped. I'm really sorry... Are you okay? I'm Max!" The Gryffindor reeled off, as usual speaking much too quick because he was much too excitable.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)    The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)  EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 9:26 am

Ellie was just minding her own business looking at some love potions when all of a sudden somebody BUMPED into her. How DARE they! Didn't they realize that she was precious cargo? Didn't they realize that they might possibly be the new target to her ideas that where popping into her head that very moment? And when she steadied herself and took a look at the person who RUDLEY bumped into her her wheels in her brain started turning. This could be fun.

Max. Gryffindor? She thought she recognized him. He was either her age, or a year or two younger but she had definently seen him around before. Yes this could be really fun. Maybe she could make an assistant out of him. Make him a pawn in her games. Toy with his mind. It would be ideal to have somebody to mess with the next year.

She realized that she was just starring at him. She said, "sorry. I'm Elowyn. Ellie for short. Nice to meet you Max. You're in Gryffindor right? I think I've seen you around. Have you seen me?"

He most certainly had probably seen her around. Ellie was a very important person to keep track of. If he hadn't seen her around, Ellie would be highly offended.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)    The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)  EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 9:35 am

Max smiled warmly when the girl introduced herself, trying to remember that she preferred to be called Ellie. Her name, however, the long one, was quite unusual, and Max liked that one more. His mind was going off on a tangent about how funny it was that she was Elowyn or Ellie, and his other friend was Elyah, so many E's...

When asked if he was in Gryffindor, Max nodded a couple of times. "Yup! About to go in to my Fourth Year!" Max added, though he didn't know which house this girl was in. Definitely not Gryffindor, because he hadn't seen her in the Gryffindor Tower.

So, the question of whether he'd seen her made Max pause, before shaking his head. "I don't think so... well, maybe... I'm not sure. But, that doesn't really matter, because I'm normally more interested in things other than people. Which I've been told off for on a number of occasions... But that's not really something I'm good at." The boy explained, though it wouldn't be surprising if Ellie got confused along the way.

"I'm gonna guess your either a Hufflepuff, or a Ravenclaw, though. Because Slytherins don't really seem like the kind of people who like to talk to others... Well, some do. But mostly they don't seem like the kind of people..." Max trailed off, shaking his head because he was talking too much. "Which house is yours?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)    The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)  EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 4:50 pm

A fourth year.. A little younger than Ellie hoped, but he was better than no friends at all, and that seemed to be a pattern for Ellie. No friends. It sucked because sometimes she got lonely, but at times she was thankful. When she got upset she had nobody that would beg her to tell them the reason for her attitude. Now, it worked. She could act out without anybody being suspicious. She could do what she wanted without being questioned by anybody other than an authority figure. Of course, sometimes she wished she had a partner in crime... but it was best to act alone. That way if Shen did get in trouble, she wouldn't feel guilty if her partner did. Well, she wouldn't anyways, it was just one less person to worry about.

Ellie was appalled. He hadn't seen her around and was even brave enough to admit it. A true Gryffindor in that one. And she admired it. At least he didn't lie to her and say he had seen her around when he hadn't. Lying would be worse than telling the truth. And Ellie hated liars with a burning passion. She shrugged.

She smiled when he guessed her house. Well one of the two was what he thought it was. Ravenclaw. She hadn't pictured herself a ravenclaw when her mother told her all about the houses and being sorted. Her mother had been in Hufflepuff. She was somewhat disappointed she didn't get sorted into Hufflepuff because it's common room was right next to the kitchens. But whatever. She was happy being a ravenclaw. She said, "I'm a ravenclaw! Nice guess. But I'm more of the rebellious sort. I don't like doing homework and don't care about grades. But apparently I'm still smart enough for Ravenclaw, but whatever." It didn't matter because the sorting hat was always right, and didn't make a mistake, even though sometimes it seemed like it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)    The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)  EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 3:24 pm

As the witch explained that she was not the stereotypical kind of Ravenclaw, Max smiled to himself. "You don't have to be a book work to be a Ravenclaw. Like... oh what's the guys name... Connor... No... Christopher Richardson... I think. Anyway he's a Ravenclaw, and he is the biggest sports buff I think I've ever seen. Which, you know, Ravenclaws aren't overly known for being sporty. But he's broken the mold!" Max explained, thinking about the guy who was always running in the grounds, or heading out to the Quidditch pitches.

"So, have you found anything of interest in here?" Max asked, wondering if he might be able to take a few notes from the witch and buy a few more things before he had to move on to the boring shopping. "I found this," Max explained, holding up the Comb-a-Chameleon box for her to see. "I think my friend Elyah will love this! If not, I'm going to use it on my cat, Freddo. Well, once I'm sure it won't hurt him, because you just can't hurt animals. Ever." Max finished, a serious look on his features, because it simply would not be okay in his books for animals to be subjected to cruel things.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)    The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)  EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 6:49 am

Ellie looked at the couple of things she had. One item was a fake chocolate frog that made your face blow up and your hands and feet as well. Genius. She held it up and said, "Just this chocolate frog thingy. It's not really a chocolate frog, it's a fake one. Like it doesn't taste good or anything. It blows your face up. LIKE BOOM!" Ellie liked to over exaggerate a little bit. She hoped the boy wouldn't think it would LITERALLY blow up his face... Just make it poofy for a couple of hours... She started picturing his face all blown up and it made her giggle a bit.

And then he went on about animals. Ellie had a strong passion for animals. Some would call her crazy about them, like her madre, but she was supposed to think that so it didn't really count. But when she mentioned to other people that she had tons of animals, they looked at her like she was crazy so that was how she knew it was really true. This kid.. she might like. She hadn't really met anyone at Hogwarts that was friend worthy. But since he had a thing for animals, it might give them something to talk about.

Ellie said, "I here you on the animal part... I hate hearing stories about how people abuse them sometimes. And don't even get me started on Animal testing. I've tried stopping it. Writing strongly worded letters and such, but nothing has happened to change it. I have a butt load of animals at home. What about you? My horse is probably my favorite. He can take me on adventures."

As she tried to get the image in his head, she started getting homesick for them. She couldn't wait until she could go home here in a few hours and take her horse out for a ride. Maybe this Max kid would like to ride her other one... But she'd have to get to know him a little better before that happened. Maybe even be friends with him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)    The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)  EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 9:20 pm

The explanation of what the girl had picked up made Max's eyes go wide. Exploding faces didn't sound like a very pleasant prank - Max had taken the words quite literally and couldn't quite fathom how that could be fixed. "That sounds painful..." Max replied to her words, obviously unsure on the idea by the look on his face. "But I'm not fond of chocolate frogs, so at least I won't get them confused in error!" He added with a small chuckle.

Max was eagerly nodding at her words on animals, and even looked impressed when Elowyn said she'd written letters to try to stop animal testing. Max hadn't.. but then he couldn't even remember to write to Elyah so it wasn't exactly surprising he couldn't write a full letter to wonder official.

"I have a cat, his name is Freddo. Like the chocolate bars. He's a nightmare for stealing things, to be honest. But I love him very much! Then I have Buckle, my Bowtruckle. I found a nest of Bowtruckles in the grounds of Hogwarts. They're awesome creatures!" Max explained happily. "They were quite difficult to get near, though! But they have grown to trust me."

The final words were said with a puff of the chest from Max. Animals were the only thing he was really any good with.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)    The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 9:06 am

Ellie laughed at his expression. It was priceless.

She said, "No... I didn't LITERALLY mean they would blow up... I meant that your face would get all puffy, and so would your feet."

She brushed some of her hair out of her face and chuckled at the boy. This could really be a great friendship if she played her cards right. He wasn't a fan of chocolate frogs?? Was he for real?

She smiled and said, "I wasn't at first. But now, I love them. I know they are based off real frogs and it seems wrong, but you just have to get passed the fact that it's not a real frog. Just a spell on some chocolate, and you'll be fine. Maybe you'd like to try this one?"

She laughed. If he fell for it, she'd be surprised. Maybe this kid was gullible. Ellie watched his face when she was telling him about all the things she had done to save animals. She was getting rather boasty and flipped her hair back as she bragged. When he said he just had a cat, she laughed.

She said, "Well. I have a horse named Petunia, a turtle called Rodger, my owl is Ernie, 2 bunnies named Earl an Pearl, a cockatoo named Melvin, two dogs, Dodger and Freddie, and 2 cats named Sylvia and Ruby."

She smiled. She was proud of her animal collection. She planned on having even more as she grew older, but for now, that would do. But one thing that Ellie didn't have, was a Bowtruckle. And when he mentioned it, she wanted one.

She said, "Take me. I want one!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)    The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 4:01 pm

"Oh!" Max said, his cheeks warming a little bit as he let out a soft giggle. "That would make more sense!" He added, shaking his head a little bit at the mistake he'd just made in that moment. "Sorry." Max added, because he had made something of a fool of himself in that moment.

"Well, chocolate is poisonous to some animals, so I try not to eat it." Max explained, with a small shrug. "I prefer sweets." He continued, thinking for a moment. "Bertie Botts are the best, so many wacky flavours! Except the vomit one!" Max pulled a funny face in that moment. The offer of trying the chocolate made Max shake his head. "I don't think my parents would appreciate a trip to St Mungos, but thanks." He declined politely.

But when the witch explained how many pets she had, Max's eyes went wide. "WOAH!" He said, much too loudly in that moment. "How do you have that many? My parents would never let me have that many pets! Do you look after all of them yourself? Where do you keep them all? Which ones do you take to Hogwarts? You're so lucky!" Max spouted off the list of questions in quick fire, unable to keep himself from getting so excited.

"The Bowtruckles are at the school, but I could show you when term starts!" Max offered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)    The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Year of Friends (Jake's Charrie)
Page 1 of 1