Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve) Empty
PostSubject: Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve)   Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve) EmptyWed May 11, 2016 8:27 pm

It was the start of the new term, Neve had spent the whole summer procrastinating an email to the professor about their past. Perhaps she had the wrong man? Neve was almost one hundred percent sure she hadn't, but for him not to notice her for a whole year at the university like she had noticed him... It begged the question of whether she was right.

Perhaps Gabriel didn't want to remember the night they spent together? The thought hurt, though, and Neve was certain he would remember...

Except, he had been high that evening - a term she had learnt since that evening when she had not quite understood his peculiar behaviour.

So, Neve had done something to get his attention.

And, by something, Neve meant changing her dress style that day. She knew Gabriel wasn't fond of the girls in class flaunting themselves, and, normally, Neve would never dress like this. But... today she was trying a new tactic.

Moving across the campus, Neve slipped in to the relatively empty coffee shop, and made her way to the counter. Ordering a skinny latte, the young witch leant against the bar, on her tip toes, watching the coffee being made, and not in the slightest bit aware of the man she was looking for being in the vicinity at all.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve)   Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve) EmptyWed May 11, 2016 9:20 pm

A new term had arrived and Gabriel still didn't know whether to be glad or well..., not so glad. The past term had been quite boring, if he may say, with almost no one clever enough to attend his lesson, except one. One specific girl that happened to know every answer to his every question. It felt as if she had been studying Dante just as mush as he did and Gabriel couldn't help but feel... honored. And intrigued.

But he was her Professor and even if miss Florente was a very charming woman, he would never dare to allow himself to feel anything more than something professional for her. Though one thing he could not bring himself to explain was how familiar the girl looked. Gabriel felt as if he had seen her before, maybe in a dream, but something was quite familiar about her. He just couldn't get her out of if his head.

So when his eyes caught her form enter the coffee shop, Gabriel almost choked on his own coffee, unable to believe that the innocent girl he had met just a term ago, was now standing in front of him, dressed rather... provocatively. Looking around, his fear was confirmed when he found that the few guys in the building were staring at her, almost drooling.

A low growl escaped his throat at that and before Gabriel could even think what he was doing, he pushed himself up from his seat and made his way towards his student. Grabbing her arm rather forcefully, he turned her to face him, his features hard. He was obviously angry.
"What do you think you're doing?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve)   Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve) EmptyWed May 11, 2016 9:30 pm

Watching the froth being poured on to her drink, and a light dusting of chocolate sprinkles being shaken over the top, Neve was completely oblivious to the attention she was attracting behind her. For, had she known that the men in the coffee shop were staring at her in such a manner, she probably would have hurried from the shop, home, to get changed.

But the witch was completely oblivious to the looks she was getting.

That was until she felt a hand on her arm, and was forcefully turned towards the one man she had been meaning to see. And yet, seeing the anger on his features in that moment made Neve wonder if she had bitten off more than she could chew.

Swallowing softly, Neve tried to get control once more of her now hammering heart beat. Was it fear, or was it Gabriel that made her feel like that? She was not in the slightest bit sure in that moment, and the not knowing was making her feel rather small in that moment.

"I'm getting coffee, sir..." Neve replied softly - for she had truly believed that was his question. Even if the answer was rather obvious, given their location, Neve thought it to be some kind of test. And, even though he held on to her arm, Neve didn't pull away as she looked up at him, watching his features in that moment, and wondering how he couldn't remember her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve)   Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve) EmptyWed May 11, 2016 9:43 pm

When Gabriel rose from his seat and moved towards Neve, he was certainly not in the right state of mind. Blurred by the anger and jealousy that was rising inside him, he had not made the right chose, which was to stay where he was and not allow himself to be seen, or simply leave before miss Florente had the chance to found out that he was there as well. But instead, he ended up doing the most stupid thing he could have done, and that was confront her in such a manner that simply didn't suit him.

But when he had done just that, Gabriel couldn't have known that the girl was simply doing this all for him. It seemed ridiculous and the thought didn't even reach to the point where it was worth considering. But the answer to his question made the Professor pull back, releasing the arm he had just grabbed, and blink. Gabriel Emerson was thirty three years old, and had lived through enough things in his life. But he could never believe that he would stumble upon someone that stupid in his life. Or at least, that was what he kept calling Neve in order to distance himself.

"You can't be that stupid.."
The sentence left his lips before he had the chance to hold it, and his eyes stared deeply into her as he was trying to find out what had caused the girl to be so idiotic in the first place.
Gabriel was surely not ashamed of what he had just said, and for her own sake, she had better not say anything.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve)   Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve) EmptyThu May 12, 2016 8:45 pm

Neve had the decency to flush as Gabriel said she could not be that stupid. Perhaps she was, she would never know, but the fact he was so close, once again, made the younger wish forget how to answer the question. Though, what he was really asking, the witch was not one hundred percent sure.

"I'm sorry, professor." Neve replied, after a moment, her eyes straying from him for a moment because the look on his face was so intense she was not sure what to do with it. "I am here to get coffee, as I said, and then... in a short while, I have classes. As I'm sure you do, too." She explained, more fully, looking up at him shyly.

"Have I done something to upset you, sir?" She added, keeping her tone on the polite side, even though she wanted nothing more than to hug him, tell him about the night they'd spent together. To ask him if he remembered her. To ask if they could sit and have coffee together. Biting her lip a little - worrying at it as she waited, Neve kept her hands busy, gently tucking her hair behind her ear and waiting for his response.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve)   Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve) EmptyThu May 12, 2016 9:30 pm

"I'm sorry, professor."

Once again, Gabriel was taken aback by the answer he had received from the younger girl. Maybe she really was that stupid, or maybe it was his fault in the first place. Coming up to her and confronting her like that. And maybe, his questions wasn't put right, making the girl misunderstand his true question. Or maybe it was just him she had misunderstood. Maybe Gabriel was just not the easiest person to read.

Closing his eyes for a moment, Gabriel tried to steady himself as he felt a little bit dizzy. The effect his student had on him was big, and God, he did not like it. That meant only one thing. Later that night he would have to meet up with his usual 'lay' and get rid of all that tension he had been feeling lately. It was pushing him beyond the point he could handle.

"I am here to get coffee, as I said, and then... in a short while, I have classes. As I'm sure you do, too."

That brought Gabriel back to his senses, and now that he had sobered up, he finally released the young woman's arm, puling himself back just a step, in an attempt to distance himself as much as he could. Enough attention had been drawn to them and Gabriel was just not consent with that.

"Have I done something to upset you, sir?"

Yes, you have. You have made me extremely horny, the voice in his head popped up, but Gabriel did not even dare to voice that. Instead, he made sure to forget that before he started to seriously think about it.
"I would suggest not to dress up like this, Miss Florente. Unwanted attention can be drawn on to you. I don't like it."

Gabriel knew he had to get out of there fast. But he just couldn't bring himself to exit the building. Not after he had taken a good glance into those big eyes of hers.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve)   Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve) EmptyThu May 12, 2016 9:42 pm

As Professor Emerson let go of her arm, Neve put it across her stomach, not really knowing what to say about that. Or think about that. All she knew was that, most professors would likely not have done that, and that was more than a little bit confusing for the witch, but something she decided not to dally on too much, for it was not the most important thing in that moment.

But, after a moment of consideration, Professor Emerson told her what was wrong, and the light flush on Neve's cheeks grew to a deep blush. Her original plan might have been to catch the attention of the man before her, but not that she had done it, she did not know how to proceed along with that.

Though, the thought was interrupted when Professor Emerson said that he didn't like it. Did that mean he did not like the clothing, or the idea that she was attracting unwanted attention? Of that much, Neve could only guess, and she was certainly not confident in picking either way in that moment.

"Professor..." Neve spoke softly, pausing for a moment as their eyes met. The young witch only looked away when her coffee was place, thanking the staff member with a small smile, before turning her attention back to him. "Would you... would you like to have coffee with me?" She asked, her smile hopeful, and, in a way, hopefully enticing him to stay.

"I wanted to talk to you about a few things, if you have time?" Neve finished, perhaps ending in slightly flirtatious tones, but, truly, the witch did not know what she was doing, and she was using the awfully cheesy lines from movies she had seen, and some of the not-so-well written literature she'd read. In the hope she could buy herself a little more time with Gabriel.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve)   Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve) EmptySun May 15, 2016 2:36 pm

Gabriel had to get out of there fast. Before anything even worse happened. As a Professor, he was obliged to play by the rules, of he wanted to keep his job and the name he had made for himself. But the way Neve was looking at him just couldn't bring him to leave. Not just yet.

But Gabriel knew how wrong this was and he wanted to change it before chaos was brought down to them. Because this girl.. this woman... with her purity and that innocent beauty would surely be the end of him. And Gabriel was not ready for the end. Not yet.
Or was he?

"Professor..."

The sound of her voice touched his ears and brought shivers down his spine. The way Miss Florente spoke this word made Gabriel have way too many not so innocent thoughts about her, in specific positions in his office. It just made him wonder how it would sound if he had her writhing underneath him, moaning his name.

"Would you... would you like to have coffee with me?"

But that was what brought the older man back to his senses, and he quickly looked around, making sure no one was still looking at them. How could she drive him wild with thoughts when she wasn't doing practically anything?

"I wanted to talk to you about a few things, if you have time?"

"Let me remind you, Miss Florente, that I am not your friend. I am your Professor. We don't hung out. We are working. Anything you'd like to tell me could be sent to my e-mail."
Gabriel was well aware that the University had access to that e-mail, and that was his way of protecting himself from Neve as much as he could. Before he made the wrong decision to give in to her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve)   Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve) EmptySun May 15, 2016 3:57 pm

Neve had been waiting, hopeful in the professor's acceptance of her offer. However, as she finished, and Professor Emerson worked through his response, deflation flooded through the witch's body as she looked up at him. Sadness touched her features as he acted so professionally.

He doesn't remember you...

The voice in her head was right, and Neve wanted to just let this go. Give in to the reality that the person she thought her professor to be had not been the one she had been with that night. But, she couldn't let it go. Not until she'd spoke on it.

Reaching out to him, to stop Professor Emerson from turning and leaving, Neve took a small breath before she spoke. "It's not of a professional nature, professor. And, I had hoped I'd be able to mill around the subject a little more before I tried to speak to you about this. But..." Neve paused, stealing herself a moment before she spoke.

"Do you not remember the night we shared in your family's orchard, professor? You spoke to me all evening in a language I could not comprehend. We fell asleep together... but you were gone by morning..." Neve explained. This was not the right way to do this, she knew that, but how could she write this in an email? She wanted to see him remember, or else, make certain he had forgotten.

And that way... perhaps she would know how to move on from this point.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve)   Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve) EmptySun May 15, 2016 5:42 pm

The discussion was over and Gabriel was ready to leave. No more pretending would have to be done, as he would get out of the building, head to his office, and ease the very hard tension Never had created. Or well, at least that was what Gabriel had meant to do, but Neve, obviously, had to just alter all that and stop him from leaving.

Gabriel's eyes went wide at the sudden movement, and before he could understand what was going on, the woman before him started speaking. But oh God, how unprepared was Gabriel for what was coming his way.

"It's not of a professional nature, professor. And, I had hoped I'd be able to mill around the subject a little more before I tried to speak to you about this. But..."

"Miss Florente, what could be personal between us two. There's nothing to discuss. I need to-"
But the words died in his throat as Genevieve spoke up once more. And the words that left her beautiful lips would mark Gabriel for an eternity. She had marked him for eternity.

"Do you not remember the night we shared in your family's orchard, professor? You spoke to me all evening in a language I could not comprehend. We fell asleep together... but you were gone by morning..."

Gabriel stared at her. She couldn't be... It couldn't be..
She was talking about a night, many years ago. When he was young and into drugs. When he was not the son a mother and a father would want. When he was not a real man.
But how could she knew unless she had been there. Was it some kind of joke? Or was karma knocking on his door?

Looking back into the girl's eyes, something he had been avoiding, Gabriel saw the sincerity in them. She was being honest with him and he was... lost. But he believe her. He knew she was speaking the truth. And he couldn't understand how, or why now, but it couldn't be more perfect.

Taking her by the hand, Gabriel pulled Genevieve out of the building and to his car. Opening the passenger door, he pushed her inside, before moving to the other side once again and getting in the car. "Not a word, until we reach my office." His tone was different now. Softer. That was all he said though before he sped off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve)   Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve) Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Year, Another Chance (Gabriel & Neve)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next