Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 1 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Meeting someone new { Max } - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Meeting someone new { Max } - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Meeting someone new { Max } - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Meeting someone new { Max } - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Meeting someone new { Max } - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Meeting someone new { Max }

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Meeting someone new { Max } - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 8:27 pm

Prim gave a soft laugh at that, rubbing the back of her head with one hand while holding Freddo with the other. "It's the same with me. They tend to use Primrose when I'm in trouble." She could still remember when she had been just a little kid and the matron at the orphanage always used to call her full name because she had either done something she wasn't supposed to or didn't do any of the chores that had been assigned to her. Not like she actually got into much trouble; just a day of grounding or no snacks. It wasn't like it hurt her.

Prim shoved the thought of that magazine from her mind, she didn't want to think about stuff like that. Not now anyway and especially not when she was with a guy who probably had no idea himself what it was by the way he said the stuff. She didn't know that there were still such innocent people in their year but she supposed not many were yet interested in stuff like that. Or at least not interested in seeking random naked girls.

"She liked it." Prim pouted though beamed when he said he couldn't wait to meet her. "I'm sure you'll love her. She's a dear. Always knows when I have a letter to send and she comes to me herself, without me having to trek all the way to the Owlery to do it." It had amused Prim when she had noticed that and she couldn't help but be proud about her owl.

"Ah, and that's your problem." Prim giggled softly. "You need to give this little ball of fluff something before asking him to find someone. It's how cats, dogs and any other animals really work. "You don't need to thank me. I'm sure you would've realised it yourself after a few more times of being led around the nose by your cat." She said in amusement.

"I love the forest!" She grinned as she got into his personal bubble. "Please do show him to me. I'd love to meet a Bowtruckle at least once. They sound as if they would make the perfect pet for anyone." Not to mention she loved animals that lived in the wild.

"..." She didn't say anything on the topic of parents. What could she say? Oh sorry, I can't say anything because I don't have any? Yeah, that would just be an invitation for unwelcome questions that she wasn't comfortable answering, at least until she, herself, still didn't know the answers to most.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 2:31 pm

"What do you get in trouble for? Mine's always my attention span. Mum and dad think that my attention span is a problem. But adult stuff is so boring, I don't understand why I can't just switch off!" Max explained, shaking his head at the thought.

"I like it too! I just never heard that name before!" Max replied when the witch pouted. He hoped she wasn't upset, because he really hadn't meant to upset anyone. "That sounds awesome, too! I never have anyone to write to, though. Well, except mum and dad, I guess. But they probably wouldn't have very much of interest to talk about. Who do you write to?" Max added, not meaning to pry in to Prim's business, but curious no less.

"I know, I know! I'll get him a treat next time." Max replied, knowing that it had been a really stupid thing to fall down on.

"I will show you. But, not now. Buckle is a little bit shy, so if you came unannounced, he'd probably not come out. But if I explain, he'll be happy to meet you, I'm sure of that much!" Max insisted, though the explanation might be weird, Max knew his Bowtruckle. "I'll let you know about it, though, yeah?" The boy added, hoping this would make sure that he could see Prim again. Hopefully.

The silence on the parents front Max took to be that Prim didn't fully agree. He didn't mind, he knew that some people had very good relationships with their parents. Sometimes he had a good relationship with his parents, but it wasn't always easy. "Don't worry, everyone has their own experiences. I'm just a bit too open about mine. But, it's okay if you're not. Understandable." Max filled the silence giving her a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 2:51 pm

"Most of the time it's for not doing what I'm told to do." Prim said with a soft laugh as she rubbed the back of her neck, a cheeky grin on her lips. "I rarely listen to what I'm being told and I get in trouble because of that." The blond tended to get in trouble more often than not and the orphanage Matron had actually slowly stopped even caring and only chided her in exasperated amusement.

The fact that Prim only really had the twins to write to didn't actually upset her as much as she would've thought. Of course, it did at first when she had been an eleven-year-old but after that, it just relieved her that she actually had someone to write to, unlike some people who had no-one or whose parent's didn't want to write them. "Just... some people." She wearily said, not really actually willing to talk about her orphaned state just yet. It wasn't fresh but it still stung.

"I know you will." Prim beamed at Max as she let Froddo down from her arms when he started whining. She was quite sure he smelt another mouse somewhere.

"That's okay. I can wait to meet Buckle." She replied with sincerity as she flipped her hair over her shoulder, the locks getting in her eyes which just annoyed her though she wasn't willing to cut her hair. She loved it long.

"...I.. don't have any." The girl said after a few minutes of silence, biting her lower lip as she looked away from Max. She didn't want to see the pity or guilt people use showed on their faces after asking her about stuff like that. "Parent's that is... I'm an orphan..."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Max was finding more and more that he had a fair bit in common with the witch before him. It was nice, because many people didn't give Max the time of day because he was quirky. Prim, though, seemed much nicer than a lot of people in this school. "I get that, so much!" Max replied to her explanation, giving her a smile which said he completely understood the getting told off for not doing something.

The closed off response of who Prim wrote to was one Max let go. Instead, just nodding to show he had heard her response. No press came from the boy, though. Some people didn't like to be open about everything, and he understood that. Most of the time.

As Prim put Freddo down, the cat strode off towards the common room. Max suspected that he was going to go and curl up on Max's bed as he usually did after wandering the castle. "He likes you." Max told the witch with a small chuckle. "Though, he has a fondness for girls." He added, shaking his head at the beast for being so fickle.

The agreement to wait was all Max needed as Prim played with her hair. Max's attention was captivated with the movement momentarily before he caught himself staring. Small things took Max's attention, like the movement of someone's hair. He took a moment to look away, before realising he hadn't responded to Prim. "Great, I'll let you know!" Max insisted, and he meant it sincerely.

The next piece of information made Max look at Prim without a clue how to respond to that. Well, momentarily Max didn't know what to do with it. But, then he realised something. "Well, everyone has parents..." Max replied very cautiously, trying to decide how to continue. He'd never come up against this before. Well, not exactly. "My friend Elyah," Max didn't know that Elyah might like this to be kept quiet, so he was sharing without thinking. "Thought that she didn't have a dad. But, he came for her in our second... or was it third... I think it was our second year. And, he's pretty awesome!" Max explained, hoping this made some sense. Though, he was somewhat tentative with how he looked at the witch.

"And, you know that if doesn't matter. That your parents aren't around. You're still awesome!" Max told her, hoping that would be enough to make her see that, to Max, these things were of little consequence. Parents didn't make Max like or dislike someone.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Prim laughed at his words and gave him a smile back as she stretched her arms above her head, her head tilted back. The cracks of bones snapping back into place made her wince but also made her exhale in relief. She rarely stood around in place for so long but talking with Max was certainly fun and she didn't want to stop.

Because people rarely asked her about her family situation she rarely had to answer so she couldn't yet control her emotions or expressions. It hurt to think about parents who, quite probably, abandoned her but she hoped to find the reason why she had been left at the orphanage as if she was only some type of next days rubbish.

"I like him too." She beamed at Max, fondly thinking that maybe she should've gotten a cat instead of an owl but quickly threw that thought away. She loved her owl and there was no way she would trade her for anything else.

She felt Max's eyes on her but didn't think anything about it and instead just smiled at his sincerity. There weren't many people around who were as sincere as Max and it was a welcome relief to Prim who had only met fake people so far.

"I probably still do have parents...." She shrugged her shoulders. "All I know is that I was abanonded at an orphanage when I was four. I can't remember my parent's faces or if I had any other family." It didn't hurt as much as she thought it would; the thought of having more family out there but them not caring about her.

"Thank you." Prim said softly with a bittersweet smile; yup, she would enjoy hanging around Max. He didn't pity her for not having parents or any other family.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 5:54 pm

As Prim agreed with him about her parents, Max was glad to see she wasn't getting upset. There wasn't much need - if she didn't know them, it would (in Max's head) be quite difficult to miss them. It was still sad, yes, but Max thought that she had lucked out, not knowing her parents.

"They've lost out, you know. Not knowing such an awesome person. I mean, I'm a bit biased, of course, 'cus I think you're awesome already." Max explained, not knowing what else to add in that moment. Standing awkwardly for a moment longer, Max contemplated the thought in his head (a rare occurrence) before moving forward and enveloping Prim in a tight hug.

Prim might not need the hug, but Max figured a little bit of comfort might help. And, hey, a hug was always nice even if you didn't feel sad. Holding it for a short while, to make sure his point was made, Max pulled away with a wide grin.

"I've got to go, Prim. But I will definitely look out for you! Stay awesome, yeah?" He insisted, cheekily booping her nose with his finger before moving off toward the common room. "Oh!" Max added, turning around but still heading in the direction of the common room. "If Freddo pesters you from this point on, it's all your own fault for giving him attention!" Max told her with a laugh, turning back to walking forward and hurrying off to find his book.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Prim didn't care either way that she had no parents; if they had wanted her they would've kept her. However, she did want to find out just who her parents were and what had been their reason for abandoning her. She had a feeling that even if she did find out she just wouldn't care. She certainly wouldn't want to get to know them either.

"Thank you." The blond laughed softly at his words, already feeling that little bit better about her own lack of parents. It amazed her what having a friend could do to a person's self-esteem and worth. Finding herself suddenly enveloped in a tight hug, Prim stiffened for just a tiny second before her arms came up and around Max's waist, returning the hug with equal tightness.

It had been a while since she had been given one but it was something that she had missed; especially since the only ones that had given her hugs had been the twins and the last time she remembered they had given her a hug a good five years ago. Adult life keeping them from actually visiting her at the orphanage.

"Alright." Prim beamed at him, her eyes going cross-eyed at the finger that booped her nose before a light flush appeared on her cheeks. "He's welcome to pester me!" She laughed herself. "He's an awesome cat." She watched Max disappear into the common room before she herself, made her way down the stairs. Maybe the library would be a better place for some quiet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new { Max }   Meeting someone new { Max } - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting someone new { Max }
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2