Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 3 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 3 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 3 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 3 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 3 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 10:37 am

"But I don't want to fit with other girls." Prim muttered in disgust, growing up being different is what the brunette had been used to only now to find out that she was going to be pretty much compared to other pureblood girls who she was going to be forced to hang around with at times. "I hate being compared like that..." And it was something that she knew perfectly well would happen but she also knew it was going to be needed.

"Yeah, well, I was brought up in the muggle world, in a freaking orphanage; the only reason why I even have a broom and some nice clothes is because I painstakingly saved up money by doing odd jobs around the village where the orphanage was." She said with a huff but she did listen to Chris and what he was saying. The thing about having an eidetic memory meant that she could pretty much remember anything as long as she read it or heard about it.

"I suppose that would be something of an advantage for me so that I don't insult some of them." She hummed softly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 9:42 pm

"Oh, no, no, Prim. You're misunderstanding me." Christopher told the witch as she seemed to get a little huffy. "I'm not asking you to fit in. I'm asking you to let them believe you do. The dull things like piano playing - okay it's not dull, just common, are the kinds of things you'd talk to a suitor about in front of your parents. Then, when you get some time alone with the guy, you can tell him about the things you like that aren't particularly uniform. Though, of course, you need to make sure you're not trying to seduce some high official who won't take kindly to you cussing like a sailor."

The idea of earning money with odd jobs was a foreign one, and Christopher simply pretended to have an understanding of what that could possibly be like, but fell a little short. "Well, at least you earned it, I would suppose." He managed to say in response, but even he wasn't convinced with those words, truth be told.

"Not insulting your future husband - or a business deal - would be a good place to start. I can... help you, if you'd like. If you'd like to go to the first meeting with the Byrne's at least a little bit equipped to deal with them." Christopher offered, though Primrose wouldn't have to accept.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Prim frowned as she listened to Chris, her lips pursing in thought as she let Christopher's words flow over and over in her head; she hadn't actually thought on pretending and letting them believe that she was fitting in. It didn't sit right with her but she knew for a fact that if she did want to do something with her life she would have to pretend that she was one of those stuffy pureblood girls who would only be a trophy wife. "I do not cuss like a sailor." She muttered petulantly though it was untrue as she did tend to cuss all the time. "...I can pretend... And let them believe." She grimaced.

"Unlike most people I didn't actually have any sort of financial help, I had to get by on my own." She sighed softly as she heard his words; she didn't even believe the fake understanding in his words. Not many people could understand earning money with odd jobs, after all it's not like the Wizarding World even needed children to do odd end jobs just to earn money.

"That's going to be hard, considering the fact that I can't keep my mouth shut when I hate someone." She deadpanned and shrugged her shoulders before she blinked her eyes at Christopher's offer of help, which she was genuinely thinking of accepting. "...I would... like the help." She said wearily and slightly apprehensively.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 9:15 pm

"You do. I'm sorry. Ladies, girls from my world, they wouldn't utter a swear word if their lives depended on it. It's... uncouth." Christopher tried to explain. Personally, he didn't mind it, but he was male, he had the luxury of free speech. "Pretending is the easy part. Convincing people is the more interesting side." Christopher told the witch with a smirk on his lips. She probably had no idea what she was going to step in to, which was precisely why she couldn't step in to it unprepared.

Watching the witch as she tried to decide about his offer, Christopher mentally smacked her for shrugging. Instead, he lifted his hands to her shoulders, putting them back in to their 'natural' position for the witch. "First lesson. Ladies do not shrug. It's terrible for your posture, and common to boot." Christopher told her, moving one hand to the small of her back. "Stand up straight, shoulders back, chin level." He told her, waiting for her to do so, before stepping back.

"There, you're taller, more confident, and ten times more imposing than the slouching woman you were portraying two second ago." Christopher told her with a smile. "Now, pretend I'm Charles Byrne. This is your first meeting with him." Christopher suggested, moving away to the chair he'd once been sat on. He turned it so that he was facing away from her, and sat down.

"When you're ready, go." Christopher told the witch, using the mirrors on the wall to watch her every move.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 11:02 am

Primrose couldn't say anything to that and instead sulked silently; Chris was right, she did cuss a lot but it's not like she could help it, there was literally no filter between her brain and mouth when it came to that and truthfully it was the power of free speech that let her carry on cussing. Not the best but not the worst either.

A softly squeak left her lips when her shoulders were forcibly put back into their natural position but she acknowledged the reprimand from Chris and instead curled her hands together and tried to stop herself from just slouching. Instantly she straightened at Chris' instruction and rose her chin so that she was standing how he wanted her to stand but she didn't think that she would be able to actually do this; it was too hard and restraining for the young witch but in the back of her mind she knew this was needed if she was going to be anywhere near the Byrne family.

Licking her lips, she nodded her head once and closed her eyes where she took a deep breath and held it for a few moment before her eyes slowly opened as she tried imagining that Chris was Charles; though naturally it was hard considering the fact that she had never met the man but than again if she didn't do this she would never be able to face the actual man.

Slowly walking in a straight line, the orphanage had taught her that so she knew that was always a plus. "Hello Uncle." Her voice was soft but sharp, her eyes even more sharper as she stood in front of the desk.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 6:45 pm

The squeak that left the witch's lips as he moved her in to position made Christopher laugh a little. "Ladies don't squeak." Christopher told her as he sat down. Though, he probably didn't need to say it, he had anyway so that he couldn't be accused of not being clear in that moment. It was cute though, not that Christopher would ever admit that out loud.

Waiting for Primrose to begin the small roleplay he'd set up, Christopher allowed her to get to the point of saying hello before he shook his head. "Start again, Primrose." He told her, motioning for her to go back. She could walk nicely enough, he wouldn't pick faults in that - this was something he couldn't help her with, the girly additions, but he could help with the rest.

"You don't say hello. You say good morning. It's much more formal than hello. Hello is for lesser people. Also, whilst I know you're spirited, and don't particularly want to bow down to your Uncle, you're going to have to fight your pride on this one. Sharpness of the eye won't make him like you. A small smile never hurt, be more gentle in your appearance. Get him to like you, before you so much as begin to speak." Christopher explained, before motioning for her to try again.

Yes, he might be asking too much, but social etiquette was easy, if you played the game right.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 7:51 pm

Prim wanted to scream and rage and pout and sulk at everything that Chris was telling her that she couldn't do but she knew that throwing a tantrum wouldn't help her; it was needed if she wanted help from the Byrne's and if she wanted some type of family so she sucked up all her annoyance and anger and bore with it. There was no point in being angry, it was her own choice that she was doing this.

She listened to Chris as she moved back to her space before she followed his instructions. And just like Chris instructed her eyes softened just a tiny bit, a small smile was painted on her lips, her back was straight, her chin was straight as she confidently walked forward before stopping in front of the desk and with a bow she said softly.

"Good morning, Uncle."

Hidden behind her curtain of hair she bit her lower lip before she slowly rose and stared at the back of Chris' head, waiting for his words. She didn't know how well she did but she hoped it was better than her first time; she was willing to do this however many times it would take. She wasn't a little girl who didn't know how to follow instructions but she was a young woman who hated following them but knowing that sometimes they needed to be followed and if with Chris' help she'd be able to actually get her uncle to respect her even a little bit than she would owe the Richardson heir one, though she wasn't entierly sure if she did want that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 8:18 am

Christopher watched out of the corner of his eye as Prim started again. Walking confidently, but not in a manner that suggested hostility. Her posture was good, but would need more work before she saw the Byrnes, so that it was natural, and not so obviously forced. The words came out much better, and the small smile was enough to make Primrose much more appealing.

Nodding, Christopher turned around to face the witch. His own face was hard, an air of distaste on his features. He did what he was sure her uncle would do, and looked her over as if she were nothing to him, before his eyes settled on the witch. It would, of course, take a lot for Primrose to not react to this kind of thing. If you were not born in to a harsh society, it was often not easy to adapt.

But Primrose Seele was going to have to adapt. And fast.

"So," Christopher started, but didn't press on instantly. Pauses were so, so common in Pureblood talking. Effect. Making people listen to you. It was rather stupid, but Christopher wasn't going to let her off easily. "This is what my brother leaves to me, is it? A small girl."

Now, Christopher doubted Charles Byrne would say such a thing to Primrose, if he did, it would be beyond rude. But, Primrose was a little fireball, and Christopher couldn't help but wonder how she would deal with an insult - or what would be considered an insult in the non-Pureblood world - from her Uncle.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 7:46 pm

The witch in question was feeling all sort of nasty things about the way Chris spoke to her but in her head, she calmed herself and steeled herself. She knew this was where she had to actually act like the insult didn't faze her even though it did and it would let her see just how quick she could adapt to a situation.

The Gryffindor breathed slowly before she looked at Chris, imagining him to be her uncle and her smile stayed on her face, her eyes still holding some warmth even though it dimmed just a tiny bit at the biting words that escaped the boy's lips.

"I would apologise for being a... small girl Uncle, but I am still a girl who is maturing." Her words were slow and carefully thought out even though she just wanted to spit them out and snarl in anger. She had to stop herself from curling her hands into her skirt; the curling of the hands, for her, was like a tell-tale of her anger and annoyance and she didn't want to make the impression that she was nothing more than a temperental fourteen year old.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 8:17 pm

Christopher had watched Primrose like a hawk as he'd spoken some not-so-nice words to her. And... well, he had to admit he was impressed with her capabilities, if truth be told. It was not easy to hold your anger when you were openly being ridiculed by someone, and though Christopher hadn't meant the words, he knew that her Uncle may not be so kind.

The line Primrose used brought a smile to the Ravenclaw's features, despite himself, and he gave her a small nod, breaking character as he sat forward. "Very good. You almost didn't react!" Christopher appraised the witch, motioning to his eye to show how he'd known that she had some reaction.

"But, it's good. You'll need to study up on the Byrne's. Other Pureblood families they associate with. Things like that. It'll impress your Uncle, if nothing else. Not that you want to come across as a know-it-all, but not being lost will aid you more than I can possibly say." Christopher explained, motioning for Primrose to relax. "I'll arrange for some books to be delivered to you. That will be of use. Then... well, perhaps you might make it in our world, after all."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)   Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on revelations (Prim and Chris)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next