Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish)   Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 9:20 am

The compliment was responded to with a small thank you. Of course he was a confident man. It came with the job. You died in business if you did not own what you did, hence why the Whitehorn business was going from strength to strength.

The way Lucy explained what she was seeing was relatively obvious she didn't approve. Picking up on little things, but not looking wholly enthusiastic. The witch he was with was quite different to many he'd met before, not enjoying the flash of money, or the extravagance of the show. Nero wasn't blind, he could see that much. "You don't approve?" Nero asked, the witch, wondering what would impress her. In this situation there was little movement on what you had to give, but he was intrigued as to what her honest opinion was.

"You can ask, and I could't give you an answer if I wanted to. It varies each time. But, the early am, usually." Nero responded to the timings. "Unless you'd prefer to leave..." He prompted, leaving that open to mean whatever she wanted.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish)   Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 9:32 am

She hadn't wanted to make it obvious she didn't approve. It wasn't that Lucy didn't approve. She had the ability to blend in with her environment, however she didn't take to money as much as others.

Gentling her gaze as she looked at him she shrugged, "I approve this just isn't my type of thing." She answered, "I am sure for the business world its amazing. Even the normal artistic world, but what you love shouldn't be about money. I'm sorry if I've insulted you I haven't meant too. I quite like you invent. I think it makes you special."

She liked that Nero invented, she just didn't understand glitz and glamour. "I like the production..but I don't understand all the fancy bullshit that goes along with the product." She told him honestly. "You have a great product you shouldn't need some fancy beautiful girl up there selling it you should be up there selling it. It is your work."

When he prompted she might want to leave she shook her head. "No , I was invited I plan on staying. I just need to be home by one and to be a party pooper I can't get drunk I have an appointment at seven thirty in the morning.' She smiled. "So you're stuck with me for a few hours at least."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish)   Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 9:47 am

As Lucy explained this wasn't her thing, Nero nodded in understanding. It was his world, quite a stark difference from her own, but he didn't think it was too... intimidating. Perhaps he was wrong, but he didn't interrupt the witch as she spoke.

The point about his work being because he loved money was something that made Nero's eyebrow arch a little. Well, that was somewhat straight forward, if not completely called for, or wholly true. But, Nero didn't respond, because Lucy was not finished speaking on the subject.

Her point in respect to the selling though, made Nero smile. "You're new to business." Nero replied. He wasn't upset with her, or trying to be mean, but she didn't understand. "My standing up there selling this product would not have the likes of Mr Franks all excited." Nero explained to her, motioning to the man she'd met earlier. "The product can sell itself. Everyone has heard of my company, everyone knows the products. But how do I appeal to Mr Franks more than Firebolt? I put on a show for him. I make him think he has more to gain with being with me. Maybe he does, Merlin only knows. But, business is business. I keep them entertained, they keep coming back to see my products." Nero told her. Whether she would understand, Nero couldn't say.

"And, I love my work. Very much. If I didn't, I wouldn't be working on the projects. However, the ideas have got to sell, otherwise this is just a hobby." Nero added, in respect to her earlier point of him just being in this for money. That, he would not allow her to think.

Finding out Lucy had to be home by one made him smile. So cute, that was. So... young. "Well, I'd best make sure you enjoy yourself until then, hmm?" He said, noting the time now and how long he had to try to woo her some more.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish)   Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:48 am

Glad he didn't take offence, Lucy listened as he spoke. Saying she didn't know about business. It was true she didn't but he had asked for her opinion.

She continued to listen, a soft smile emerging from her lips. "So stroke his ego and get the girls to dance so he's stroking his cock and he's all in." She said, it was pretty blunt but pretty true. Men wanted what they couldn't have. A gorgeous woman around a product worked almost every time.

The way he explained things made sense, Lucy just didn't understand why everyone was so fixated on material possessions. Maybe it was because she didn't have a lot of things growing up, maybe it was because she worked hard to survive and make ends meet that she appreciated things on a deeper level then people with silver spoons in their mouth. Sure she had some extra spending money now because her business was good, but there were still times when she couldn't afford things. Her mothers garden was a prime example of having to work for what you had . And work hard.

She loved how he talked about his work when he spoke about it like this. "Hobbies make the best jobs. " She said, her eyes watching his. "This is what I mean when I say you should be up there. You love your work I can see that. I just wish other people could see the passion you had and not have to have some tits and asses shaken in front of them to appreciate it."

Another smile escaped as he said he would have to make sure she enjoyed herself. "I am enjoying myself. I love learning about people and I'm learning about you." She said, "And the other people. "
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish)   Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 9:13 pm

The bluntness of Lucy's words made Nero let out a soft chuckle, before nodding. "Precisely what I'm doing." Nero told her. It might be the more crass version of how he would explain it, but at least this way there was no two ways about it.

"Hobbies are the best job, but business is business, and it's a dog eat dog world." Nero commented before Lucy insisted he should be selling the product he'd made. Taking her hand, Nero pressed a light kiss on her knuckles. How could someone be so naive and yet... so truthful? "I really appreciate your words. If I could sellf half the products I do without the flashy evening, I would. But... well, I've built an empire, and I don't tend to lose it." Nero told her, letting go of her hand and collecting himself again.

Lucy's words had, somewhat struck home. But he couldn't change these things in a moment. They took time. Whilst not completely adverse to her words, Nero was not completely sold on them, either. They had merit, but that didn't mean they would make it in to his business.

"Learning about people?" Nero asked rhetorically. "Here is not the place to learn about me, I can assure you. But, if you find that entertaining... I can't stop you." Nero replied, reaching for his jack on the rocks and finishing it up, placing his glass back on the table, and motioning for the waiter nearby to get both of them another drink.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish)   Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 10:21 am

Lucy rolled her eyes, she figured it appealed to the crowd. If that's what men wanted so be it. "Each to their own I suppose."

Smiling as he said he appreciated her words she listened, before answering. "I'm sorry if I have been rude." She said, "I understand I don't understand your business..I just think life would be so much better if not everyone relied on Money to be of value." That wasn't directed at him it was directed at society itself.

"Learning about people?"

"Yes learning about people. You can find out lots of things from people in settings like this. They are easy to read." She said, discreetly pointing to several different people. "Marriage struggles, wife at home angry he's here. ...The lady over there is having an affair with the man in blue, but to them its both okay because the blue man's wife is a lesbian who's also cheating on her husband with the ex of the husband , her husband is sleeping with. They are all too scared to come out with it. The younger guy over there is ready to drop out of uni and wants to spend his time writing love songs." She said, "And that lady over there is missing her cat."

She was able to read people, maybe it was because of how long she had spent simply watching others she knew their behavour. Nero however she didn't make comment on. He had good and bad points and she didn't mind either.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish)   Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 9:43 pm

"You haven't been rude, Lucy, please don't worry." Nero told her sincerely. "You've been honest, and I value that." He explained, hoping to put her at ease in that moment, because he really wasn't offended in any way.

As Lucy began to explain the different people around the room, Nero followed her motions and kept his expression amicable even though some of the things she was telling him were quite... surprising. He couldn't say if they were true, of course, but it did make a number of things make more sense. The lesbian one, though, however hot it might be, was not one he could believe Lucy knew from this distance. It was... too outlandish. But he refrained from commenting.

"That's quite some talent..." Nero told her, taking their drinks from the waiter when he'd come back, and turning to offer Lucy hers. Nero gave his next words a few moments thought, before deciding to simply go for it. "Let's see... what about me, then, Miss Belware, what does my appearance tell you?" He asked, a challenging glint in his eyes as he waited to see what she could come up with, and whether any of it would hold a smidgen of truth.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish)   Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 10:05 pm

Lucy was glad he didn't take offence to her honesty . She often just spoke her mind , it was one of her bad traits she didn't have a filter . What was in her head came out her mouth .

She knew he wouldn't believe her on all aspects , but Lucy was ninety percent sure she was correct about the lesbian part . Everything else was easy .

She took the second drink, after this she planned on going to water or soft drink . She needed to keep a clear head for her early appointment tomorrow . Lucy smiled in thanks before looking at him . She didn't really want to give him her personal opinion . He had ; however asked for it

Lucy looked at him, she supposed she had to stay with her honest self . " While you're a strong businessman you're scared of personal commitment . You've got commitment issues . It's why you were scared to man up when you found out the one night stand you had ended up in her having a child .. It's not entirely all you're fault though you just made a mistake because of your strong will. You gamble on things you believe you can't lose on, you can be bossy and very self indulging . Since money holds no means to you you use it to get what or who you want ."

She took a soft breath before continuing . " You find your dads death suspicious ..maybe mothers ... " one look and she knew . " Oh .. I'm sorry . I won't go there ."

Once she had finished her assessment she drank a decent amount of the wine in front of her . She was sure
She had definitely gone too far this time
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish)   Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:28 am

Nero had sipped at his Jack on the rocks as he waited for Lucy to pick a few things out, looking briefly up to the stage as the figures started to show on the board, letting investors know their potential returns. Lots of figures that Nero had been impressed with, but not what he was worried about. Brooms always sold, this would be a winner.

Turning back to Lucy as she began with him, Nero's smile began to slip from his features as she all but hit everything on the head. Placing his drink back down on the table, Nero thought over all if it for a moment. It took a strong man to admit his faults, and Nero knew he was far from perfect. The smile on his lips returned as laughter bubbled on his lips and Nero shook his head a little at just how honest she'd been.

"Very good, very good." He told the witch, an amused smile playing on his lips. But the smile faded when Lucy mentioned his parents. It had been a long time since he'd thought about them. Of course he'd been suspicious. Inventing was a dangerous job, of course, but how parents were not fools. Finding the while factory blown up in what was called a freak accident didn't sit well with Nero.

"I think that's enough of that game, now." Nero suggested, turning his attention away from the witch and back to the stage. He was not about to open up about his family with Lucy. He wasn't mad with her, he just... couldn't do this conversation.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish)   Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:47 am

Knowing she had huge foot in mouth disease she really had stuck herself in it this time . She sighed a little . She didn't like that she had been so blunt and honest .

She knew she'd struck a deep nerve about his parents " My sincerest apologies Nero .. I didn't know."

She sat and awkwardly watched the front , before someone she knew slipped in next to her . A female . A well known dancer . Lucy gave a smile and began to chat with her about dance and some music thing that the girl was asking her about

" Sure Myranda . " she said smiling . " Give me a call okay ? Just not tomorrow but hit me up for sure I'm interested in helping out ."

The girl moved off and she wandered back, well her
Mind did anyway . She looked at Nero . Everyone was beginning to move . " Do you want to dance ?" She asked quietly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish)   Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nimbus Launch (Lucy, Nero & Open to Anyone if they wish)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next